"..tendency to become complacent against teams with lower reputations"

I've just sat down to play the game "properly" instead of just floating through it but i've noticed that in all of mt saves, including this one, my Assistant has told me that the team gets complacent.

I'm not too interested in dealing with specifics for my team but more for what can contribute to complacency and to find out the solutions. If i need to give more info on my team i can do, i just think it would be a good general discussion.

One detail that might help is that i leave team talks to my Assistant and only occassionally adjusting them myself.

So, yeah..any tips or any advice would be most welcome.

I think your team has a higher risk of becoming complacent if they have low professionalism. Combining this with a good run of form from your team can lead to the team thinking that they can win with very little effort.

A way of combating this is to give them harsher team talks when going into matches they should win easily(expect a win to the team, expect a performance to individuals), aswell as being tougher at half time(disappointed/angry, prove a point). Also, beware of complacency as the full time team talk when they face a smaller opposition in the next match.

Another way to do this is to be careful of what you say in press conferences, playing down your own chances of winning every now and then.

This has worked for me at least, knowing FM this could all be a fluke though.

Btw, my squad personality is ambitious.

I've just sat down to play the game "properly" instead of just floating through it but i've noticed that in all of mt saves, including this one, my Assistant has told me that the team gets complacent.

I'm not too interested in dealing with specifics for my team but more for what can contribute to complacency and to find out the solutions. If i need to give more info on my team i can do, i just think it would be a good general discussion.

One detail that might help is that i leave team talks to my Assistant and only occassionally adjusting them myself.

So, yeah..any tips or any advice would be most welcome.

I've had this too mate in the first half on my season on my liverpool save.

I sorted by -

Half time team talk

When i was playing a lesser team and winning at half time (a very common occurance) i constantly told them

'i dont expect your performance to drop'

After doing this every time, the problem seemed to go away. My assistant / coaches havent mentioned it since.

A way of combating this is to give them harsher team talks when going into matches they should win easily(expect a win to the team, expect a performance to individuals), aswell as being tougher at half time(disappointed/angry, prove a point). Also, beware of complacency as the full time team talk when they face a smaller opposition in the next match.

I would be cautious with this approach.

I you manage a team which is favourite for the majority of its matches then there is an element of complacency which inevitably sets in. I have found giving harsh team talks doesn't work.

I gave a "disappointed" full time team talk in a game we won narrowly 2-1 despite being clear favourites (I was 2nd the opposition were bottom) and my 4 best players all took the hump. All had a comment that they were unhappy about the way I had spoke to the team.

Saying nothing after a poor performance is probably a better idea.....I appreciate this is hard and I more than anyone get frustrated with this game but I have found the game doesn't interpret emotion very well in both team talks or press conferences. What you think you are saying doesn't get conveyed by the computer in the way you expect.

By this I mean I would be just as careful giving out praise as I would the hairdryer

One thing I've just started doing (second season with Lyon, and domestically dominant) is checking the motivation widget. If players are complacent then I haul them off! That usually means they're playing quite badly anyway. Hopefully this will get through to them; it's certainly satisfying when you do it!

Archived