FM2008's Ultimate Goal Machine: Who's Your Choice?

Ballack - Not a striker. But great long shots, free-kicks, pens heads in from corners and free-kicks. Oh and he makes a good captain, tutor etc etc. Scores bucketloads.

He's just like my AMC Dejan Milovanovich played over 100 games but only scored about 70 goals borderline top scorer:P

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Fred

Position: ST

Club: Lyon

Nation: Brazil

Value: Can't really remember what he's worth at the start of the game

Personal Comment: He has been a legend for me whilst I have been managing Lyon for over 10 years. This is his league goals record in my time in charge. And just for the purpose of this thread, I have tallied up his overall record for my Lyon side so far;

400 starts

28 sub appearances

357 goals

For all of you who see this and claim "it's only in the French League," please dont. It is a great record in any league, perhaps with the exception of Scotland.

• 1 month later...

Name: Lukas Podolski

Club: Bayern

Nation: Germany

Value: About 5m to start, 16.75m now.

Games: 150(10)

Goals: 142

Highlights: 61 goals in 48 games in the 4th season.

This is playing with 2 strikers 75-80% of the time. His stats are extremely similar to Fred's and Aguero's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Yakubu

Club: Everton, played for me at Wigan at a now extinct game

Nation: Nigeria

Value: Bought for €10.5 million

Personal Comment: World Player of the Year ... Enough said

Salvador Cabanas is always a good bet for a couple of mill from america (mex)

Great finisher and great in the air, also not short of pace either.

Also Rolando Bianchi after a season or two becomes amazing, he can cost about 15m but he scores for fun.

Aguero is always great if you can get him

I have to say these players are just awesome!

1. Libor Dosek! Amazing tm, cheap and just keeps on scoring amazing headers!

2. Mamadou Bagayoko, he's like adebayor and eto'o!

3. Morten Rasmussen, Brondby! cheap version of Bendtner if trained well.

4. Hugo Almeida! Amazing goals! top corners strikers and also plenty of fine headers.

All these players can play as lone striker with good wingers they are deadly and score all your goals

Name: Thiago

Position: Striker

Club: Sao Paulo -> Now at Aston Villa

Value: £21 Million

Comment:

1st Season 16 games / 4 goals

2nd Season 30 games / 24 goals

3rd Season 33 games / 31 goals

bought for only £5.25 million

Ill go with that! this guy is great if you can land him.

Name: Bogdan Stancu

Position: FC

Nation: Romania

Club: West Brom

Value: £11m

Comment: Incredible goalscorer. Fantastic as a targetman too. One hit 6 goals in one game vs Everton in first Premiership season.Finished first Prem season with 32 league goals as my West Brom side finished 16th.

Everton7-1.jpg

Haha cant believe someone actually bought Ala'a Hubail :D. He's one of my country's best players.

Name: Ciprian Marca

Club: Stuttgart

Value: £10m

Comment: First season took a gamble on him with my west ham team. He scored superbly well. Around 32 goals first season in all competitions including a 3 month injury lay-off. Superb buy.

Also: I've also bought him for other teams and hes been poor so word of warning.

Name: Nihat

Nation: Turkey

Club: Villarreal

Value: £16m

Comment: Second season at Man City and he just scores and scores. He dosent score like a hat-trick every game but he chips in with goals all the time and scored an outstanding amount that season

Also: Buy him quick because Spurs and Man City are always buzzing around first season

Name: Michael Baird

Club: Uni Craiova (ROM) I signed him on loan at Melbourne Victory

Pos: ST

Value: 1-2m (AUS)

Two of my three strikers in my squad suffered long term injuries in pre-season so needed to sign and Aussie striker as all my foreign player spots were taken. Got Baird in on loan. Played a 4-4-1-1 with Baird playing in behind Archie Thompson (no.1 striker) and Baird slotted 35 in 22 games including four in his first half with the club. Obviously now trying to make the deal permanent

Name: Emmanuel Adebayor

Age: 25 at the end of his massive season. Starts out as 23.

Nation: Togo

Club: Arsenal

I know I know hes well known etc, but my record with him in the particular save in question was just awesome, 88 goals in 52 games and 12 assists to boot. So pretty much had a hand in 100 of my teams goals for the season. Best thing though was his performances helped me to my biggest accomplishment ever in Manager, winning every EPL game the entire season. Dont get me wrong, I didnt set out to get that record, just seemed like we couldn't lose that season, and it was in large part to Ade's goal scoring prowess.

Name: Bogdan Stancu

Club: unirea urziceni

Caps: 0

U21 Caps: 4

Value: 400k (max)

Personal Comment: scored 51 goals in 52 appearences for me as leeds in league 1 and his goals helped me win the fa cup in my 1st season!!

this guy is amazing, he has scored 237 goals in 359 appearences for my leeds team, from 2007-08 season right through to my current 2016-17 season in the premiership, he has got me from league one back to the premiership through his amazing goal scoring, according to the internet, chelsea are looking at him in real life, be brilliant if he turned to be as good in real life as on the game !!

Name: Ciprian Marca

Club: Stuttgart

Comment: First season took a gamble on him with my west ham team. He scored superbly well. Around 32 goals first season in all competitions including a 3 month injury lay-off. Superb buy.

Also: I've also bought him for other teams and hes been poor so word of warning.

Marica is very inconsistent and only plays well (in my experience) when the pressure is off.

Name: Bojan

Club: Barcelona

Nation: Spain

Value: Variable (cost me 5m)

Personal Comment: Plays in my U18's squad at Man U and is an absolute beast! Currently has 37 goals in 29 matches for the U18's.

Name: Bojan

Club: Barcelona

value - Already at club when i had him

Personal Comment: I played him in the reserves and sometimes in the first team when i had some players injured, 2nd season i loaned him out to juve where he did pretty good apparently.

came back in the 3rd and last season as barcelona (i later refused to sign a contract that season) bojan scored 22 goals in 19 apps.

Name: Fernando Torres

Club: Liverpool

Value: £25m

Personal Comment: Tears apart rival teams for fun and scores for fun in most games, currently he's going to get 40 goals.

I had him in my game for Liverpool and in the 2014/15 season he scored 71 goals in all competitions!

Name: Ricardo Oliveira

Club: Zaragoza (on loan from AC Milan)

Personal Comment: In my Zaragoza save, Oliveira scored 29 goals in the Spanish First division and in all competitions he got a record of something like 56 games 52 goals. Scored some goals that were insane. I'll get a screenshot later.

He's surprisingly very composed, I always thought Oliveira would be a player who gets angry all the time but he did very well in his first season. In his 2nd season I bought him for £7 million from Milan and he has something like 1 app 2 goals, but he's out injured now.

Archived