Yugoslavian League

OUFC

I will shortly be releasing an update that brings back Yugoslavia as a playable nation.

This is in no way meant to step on the toes of other people who have made similar updates, but mine is to my taste and hopefully others will benefit too.

I am in the final stages of testing (holiday games etc) but it's looking basically finished. When it is I will put it up for download.

The basics are as follows:

-Yugoslav league system of First League, Second League, Regional Third Leagues and inactive Regional Fourth Leagues.

-All items have been changed to Yugoslavia

-The national team are fully playable and replace Malta in all competitions

-The former nations are remaining as a skeleton (the game wont work otherwise) but are completely decimated.

-The only comprehensive thing I haven't done is change second nationalities which is a problem if you don't want to see Serbia et al surviving, personally I will use FMRTE to edit out second nationalities on day one as this is alot less time consuming.

Finally, I will in all probability NOT be doing an update, I would however appreciate discussion on how to make the file better but it will be left to individuals to implement what they wish to change. The file can be used and abused by whoever wishes and could be incorporated into other updates if people wish.

Cheers and let me know your thoughts. :)

http://www.filefront.com/15347751/Yugoslavia-1.0.xml/

http://www.filefront.com/15347725/No-Serbia.xml/

http://www.filefront.com/15347733/No-Croatia.xml/

http://www.filefront.com/15347739/No-Slovenia.xml/

Sounds good...

I looked to do my own Yugoslav League but I figured with some of the teams not existing

or having merged into other clubs, it wasn't going to quite be the same.

Although the league has been defunct for 15-20 years (I think) it'll still be good to have some

original clubs in there.

I'll definitely have a go with it when you're done

I'm currently playing in the 2nd division of BiH and am enjoying it.

+ I'm a Red Star fan:P

put them in the following:

C:\Users\Laptop 1\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data

It might be different if you downloaded from steam but it should be similar. Just look for the editor data folder.

You'll have to start a new game and click 'change' to add the .xml files that you want (remember to add the No Croatia, Slovenia and Serbia files too).

Note, it is not a new database so it's an add on to the default one.

Once checked Yugoslavia will appear at the bottom of the playable nations list just like any other country with playable leagues.

• 1 month later...

Ah, excuse me. They are Rapidshare links.

By the way, if you use the above file with patch 10.2 it may not work correctly and could possibly cause long-term problems with a game. If you want to use it then I suggest using the 10.1 patch with the xml file.

Didn't know that. Well I've had a bit of free time so here are the filefront links. Check at the top of the page and remember the warning about patch 10.2. You may want to holiday a game before you start a long-term one with this.

• 1 month later...

As I mentioned above, this was produced for Patch 10.1 and therefore I do not know if it works for 10.2 or 10.3. The only thing I can suggest is downloading it and trialling it.

I'm sure it would be useful for others if you could report back with your findings.

Just for everybody elses information. I am in the year 2014 on my long-term career game (started in 10.1) and there have been no problems. Dinamo have won the league every season though!

As I mentioned above, this was produced for Patch 10.1 and therefore I do not know if it works for 10.2 or 10.3. The only thing I can suggest is downloading it and trialling it.

I'm sure it would be useful for others if you could report back with your findings.

Just for everybody elses information. I am in the year 2014 on my long-term career game (started in 10.1) and there have been no problems. Dinamo have won the league every season though!

yes I will update.but I downloaded it and doesnt show up anywhere, I have several files I have downloaded and no probs , but this one has completed the download and then nothing no option to put the folder where I want etc:confused:

and 1 other thing with the 3 extra files...do I put those in the same folder as the main file

for your info have got all files loaded in game:thup:

running 10.3 patch when you load a new game there is an instant crash dump

I have tried removing your edited files/.........and game loads as normal;)

so it looks like its not compatable with the last patch:confused:

shame as you have done so much work

I'm pretty sure that the move from 10.1 to 10.2 rendered all updates like this, I'm fairly sure that it was a simple fix to correct things but as I have never had to use it, it has not been a problem for me.

If you really want to play this it might be worth a look?

Archived