Has anyone ever succeeded.....

in a challenge by just using greyed out players?

I have just one player who I can train, the rest are all greyed out - is it possible to avoid instant relegation in th echallenge by just playing a team of grey 19 year olds.

I am starting in the Swedish 2nd division and got hammered 4-1 in my first pre season friendly (Gundo's Small Euro Nation Challenge).

Should I be looking to get 11 new players ASAP or could I get away with it.

Also, I only have one member of staff, just recruited a physio. The Chairman says I only need one coach - will this be enough (assuming I sign some proper players)?

I very highly doubt that anyone has fully completed a challenge using just greyed out players. They wouldn't be anywhere near good enough for the top leagues, let alone the division you'll be beginning in. You should definitely look at bringing in players if you want to stand a chance at succeeding.

As far as the one coach is concerned, he'll have to do for now. Obviously the chairman won't let you have any more, and so there isn't much you can do about it. As he'll be spread over all nine assignments, the star rating won't be great, but that's the level of coaching you would probably expect at that level of football I would imagine.

Basically, i'm not entirely sure how the whole greyed out player thing works. If any of them are of a decent standard then you can offer them contracts and they become 'white' players in the game who can be coached, interacted with, etc... You could try that.

The only good grey players are on the AI teams, of course. As soon as a human manager takes over the team, those grey superstars become total crap overnight. Or if you offer a contract to a grey player with good stats, they seem to become crap stats as soon as you sign them.

Just another example of how the CPU is a cheating bastard...

Archived