What's going on!?

After many frustrating hours trying to manage midtable teams, as I've always done in the past, I finally gave up and started a game as Chelsea. I've always tried to build my own tactics for the satisfaction of seeing them work the way I want them to. However I've even had to abandon this principal now and download several acclaimed Chelsea tactics from all over the web.

I've started a new game for each tactic and given them all the friendlies and six extra fixtures to "bed-in" these are the best results of the lot:-

Chelsea 0-0 West Ham

Possession

70% 30%

Shots

17 4

Sunderland 1-0 Chelsea

Possession

31% 69%

Shots

2 15

Chelsea 1-1 Everton

Possession

61% 39%

Shots

19 3

Chelsea 0-1 Rangers

Possession

60% 40%

Shots

20 2

Man U 1-1 Chelsea

Possession

54% 46%

Shots

11 12

The Utd game apart obviously something is wrong.

I've seen a couple of posts like this before and often the poster is told "it's your tactics" and is refered to a download or is given some advice on how to set up some of their own. My problem is I've done all that, with Chelsea and other teams before this. The tactics I downloaded claim to be the best around, and I'm sure they only got that reputation by working extreamly well for others.

So, if I'm having to manage a world class team and download world class tactics, just to try to get a result, and still I get these very odd numbers consistently(not just one off's), then as the title suggests WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!? Any guru's bearing answers on here?

are you using the new tactics system or the old one?? i had ton of problems with the new one so i went old system and now i just sit back, relax and press continue to watch my team destroy bigger teams.

moral and teamtalks are having too much influence on team performance this year so you better check that too.

16gap1u.jpg

The above game they had 5 shots in the whole game all from distance, so you can guess how they scored their two goals.

akfrs9.jpg

The above was probably the most annoying of the lot as we conceded yet another penalty(3 in 3 games) whilst under absolutely no real pressure and worse than that, John Utaka(long shots 10) scored 2 "special goals out of absolutely nowhere?

Santa Cruz - I had the same problem as you when trying out the TC with teams like Chelsea/Man Utd, loads of possession and shots with no real creative threat and opposition were scoring from just 1 or 2 efforts a game.

We just dont have the secret code to unlock defences so far, that is of course unless we use some kind of "Super Tactic".

I know what you mean I was manging liverpool for some reason and first off played totenham lost 2-1 went into next game thinking I can win and I did thumping stoke 4-0 :thup:.

But then I lost 3-1 to villia :confused:.

A change of tactics meant that I beat bolton 3-2 back on track and we were a 4-0 win over burnley finally we were going to start winning.

Another win a 1-0 win over Debrecen it was all going well for me at the moment and things could only get better and again they did a 3-2 win over west ham we surly could win any game now.

Another good win over leeds 1-0 very pleased at the moment.

Then we thrashed hull 6-1 my tactics were working very well.

But then out the blue a 2-0 loss to Fiorentina What?!?

Looking to get back on track aginst chelsea but they beat me 2-0.

I thought against sunderland we will surly win but this stupid beachball somehow got on the pitch and I lost 1-0 :(.

So another change of tactics for lyon but still no luck 2-1 loss.

Then beat man u 2-0 back on track:thup:.

Aresenal next and them winning 2-1 was not bad and I was looking to win the next game.

But no 3-1 loss to fulham?!?

Another change of tactics for my big game with lyon but drew 1-1 not bad for now.

Birmingham manged to get a draw against us but at least we did not lose as one of my players dived for the peanlty.

Man city can not stop drawing for some reason and they drew against us but we still were mot losing scoreline was 2-2 by the way.

We then got 2 straight wins 1-0 against Debrecen and 2-0 against everton.

See how rubbish that is!

People on here are saying this isn't game breaking, I don't know what they're looking at.

The thing is, somebody somewhere knows how to play the game and what to do in any given situation because such info must be coded into the ME in the first place. Somebody has to tell it what will work and what wont in any given situation.

Now i know absolutely nothing about computer programming, but i imagine either the same person/people must feed into the ME the amount of knowledge/information the AI Manager is privvy to and in recent releases its pretty obvious that the AI has a massive advantage in the amount of info it receives in regard to playing matches.

There may be as little as 3% of FM'ers who can play this game properly with any confidence that any changes they might make may indeed be the right ones. The bigger percentage of FM'ers will play as a big club and as polls have suggested will only need to play the game with a single dominating attacking tactic and as such they wont go far wrong. This kind of player wont care what is wrong with the game because they are winning and may even go so far as to say that the game is spot on or even perfect, because they have found a way to win and dont want any changes to affect their ability to succeed.

Then there are people like us, who cannot see what the 3%'ers see in the ME, personally i see individual errors rather than any kind of tactical issue, either that or teams like Bolton, Hull, Wolves and Burnley etc, playing the most beautiful one touch football that defies all logic based on the player quality available at such clubs.

I know what you mean I was manging liverpool for some reason and first off played totenham lost 2-1 went into next game thinking I can win and I did thumping stoke 4-0 :thup:.

But then I lost 3-1 to villia :confused:.

A change of tactics meant that I beat bolton 3-2 back on track and we were a 4-0 win over burnley finally we were going to start winning.

Another win a 1-0 win over Debrecen it was all going well for me at the moment and things could only get better and again they did a 3-2 win over west ham we surly could win any game now.

Another good win over leeds 1-0 very pleased at the moment.

Then we thrashed hull 6-1 my tactics were working very well.

But then out the blue a 2-0 loss to Fiorentina What?!?

Looking to get back on track aginst chelsea but they beat me 2-0.

I thought against sunderland we will surly win but this stupid beachball somehow got on the pitch and I lost 1-0 :(.

So another change of tactics for lyon but still no luck 2-1 loss.

Then beat man u 2-0 back on track:thup:.

Aresenal next and them winning 2-1 was not bad and I was looking to win the next game.

But no 3-1 loss to fulham?!?

Another change of tactics for my big game with lyon but drew 1-1 not bad for now.

Birmingham manged to get a draw against us but at least we did not lose as one of my players dived for the peanlty.

Man city can not stop drawing for some reason and they drew against us but we still were mot losing scoreline was 2-2 by the way.

We then got 2 straight wins 1-0 against Debrecen and 2-0 against everton.

See how rubbish that is!

Yep absolutlely see. Ive just downloaded a superb tactic that I missed when I was spending hours looking before and now I'm fine. So now I'll spend my time on here telling people how stupid they are for posting.

Cheers for your constructive response to a thread that's just asking for help, your a credit to the forum.

Yep absolutlely see. Ive just downloaded a superb tactic that I missed when I was spending hours looking before and now I'm fine. So now I'll spend my time on here telling people how stupid they are for posting.

Cheers for your constructive response to a thread that's just asking for help, your a credit to the forum.

Are you joking or not I can not tell.

are you using the new tactics system or the old one?? i had ton of problems with the new one so i went old system and now i just sit back, relax and press continue to watch my team destroy bigger teams.

moral and teamtalks are having too much influence on team performance this year so you better check that too.

Who are you playing as mate?

• 2 weeks later...

FM10 is actually encouraging players to do what they have been trying to stop.

As there is no logical pattern or system to follow and players are relying on guesswork to get results many people are now trying to download "super tactics" from the forums. No point in providing scout reports, assistant manager feedback and pre match advice when the changes that you implement from this advice don't make any difference whatsoever (and often have a negative effect). Easier for a player just to download a decent tactic and accept that it is out of their hands, you may as well put your assistant manager in charge of games.

Your average player is just becoming frustrated, hopefully the patch will sort out some problems because it desperately needs it!

Are you still using the wizard? If so, which tactic and Philosophy are you using? ie standard and fluid etc etc.

If you are using the classic mode what is your mentality across the team and creativity?

Personaly..... it looks like you are not attacking enough. You possession is a little to high for an attacking tactic, which is what chelsea will be playing against most of the league.

Report back and let us know.

LAM

Archived