To laugh or cry?

You know in an even matched game it's best to score the winning goal only after 90 mins in order to avoid the opposition come back..

I was playing a 2nd Bundesliga match in very bad weather conditions. It always seemed to be ending 0-0 until after 91min and something my opposition of course made the only goal.. I was feeling so cheated that I quit the game. And started again. The same match, a little bit tactical tweaking, the weather was very poor again, and the match was heading to a goalless draw... I made substitutions towards the end of the match and what happened ? 90.36 1-0 to my honoured rival (AI)...

this was only the last incident in the long series of this kind of humiliation by the AI (or say, ME). This new FM2010 is heading further away from the real thing as the player material doesn't seem to matter.. The coach should be making moves like in Blizz-chess..

It sucks eh?

I find it particularly enjoyable when, as so often happens, you batter a team to death for 90 minutes only for their goalie to play like Gordon Banks' and Peter Shilton's love-child(imagine that) and pull off save after world class save. Then inexplicably, your 70-times capped world class defender decides it's time for some "run-on-the-spot" fun time, thus letting the opposition's regen left-back(long shots 3,technique 2, finishing 1) score a screaming 35-yarder with his teams only chance of the game.

But meh, it's a game, it's not realistic, games aren't.(although earlier versions of FM seemed more realistic - maybe it's the rose-tinted specs,who knows/cares)

You know in an even matched game it's best to score the winning goal only after 90 mins in order to avoid the opposition come back..

I was playing a 2nd Bundesliga match in very bad weather conditions. It always seemed to be ending 0-0 until after 91min and something my opposition of course made the only goal.. I was feeling so cheated that I quit the game. And started again. The same match, a little bit tactical tweaking, the weather was very poor again, and the match was heading to a goalless draw... I made substitutions towards the end of the match and what happened ? 90.36 1-0 to my honoured rival (AI)...

Maybe I'm thick, but I don't see any problems here? Evenly matched teams in very bad weather conditions = luck plays a big part.

These things do happen in football, Defoe missing a pen in the 95th min. Wigan beating Chelsea, even when Spurs beat Wigan, 14 shots 9 on target but all 9 were fantastic finishes. I am a spurs supporter, and i dont feel safe if we had a 5-0 lead with 10 minutes to go. If i am winning or even drawing with 10 minutes to go, i go to contain and play even safer which so far works for me.

Happens in real life? Yes, in 10 games you may see such thing happening in 1 or 2 games.

In FM it happens way too often. I play as Barcelona (tell me their squad is weak and I will laugh). You should be trashing EVERY team with default 442 and still get at most 2 losses a season in league. It's bloody game and not let's frustrate users who bought the game with unrealistic results. Have you seen end of season tables in say England? It's a bloody joke for Man Utd to lose 37 goals in a season!!

England

england.jpg

France

france.jpg

And my beloved Italy:

italy.jpg

Italian clubs are known for HARD to beat defense. It was harder scoring against Italian clubs in CM0102 :lol:

Something is off. But as we all know SI makes games right after relseasing 3 or 4 patches. So we shall wait...

to OP "its your tactic"

well it might be.. as a kind of background I've played CM ( then FM) from -92 (original..) and I believe I belong in these forums to a small minority earning my daily bread from football (professionally). So what I've seen in this year's game ( with 2 starts ) is going further away from football where your material and a good (normal) tactic ( not a one fixed every 3 minutes) - not perfect - will bring you some occasional moments of joy..

I won't start a lecture but the tactics in football has a limited power compared to player material available. Footie is a very material sport after all. Upsets happen but they are nowadays less common ( having at least not a bad strategy) as you can see from nearly all of the major european Leagues.

Archived