kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,006 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael

I use a holiday season to test tactics and a good tactic can produce 95pts, many produce a lot less. The only tactics to achieve 100pts have been kimz based, with V2 layout making 107pts, V1 and Liquid attack both 100pts.

Using same tactic Kimz V2 (42031) for all games Home Away, No change for AI 424 ,no change to tempo width during game, no OIs, Ass Man all team talks, no comments to press

following results

Spurs 9 consecutive title

Arsenal Title

Reading 6th

Leeds promoted

Swansea 1st (undefeated in league)

QPR promoted 5th 7th

Oxford 1st with back to back promotions-Spurs 3rd season Title

Oxford 1st back to back promotions to Championship

Sunderland 6th

Liverpool Title 1st and 2nd Season

Using V1 Oxford 1st BSP 1st L2 1st L1

London Utd 2nd only on goal diff.

Its won a few cups as well but too numerous to mention.

Depends on your players

V1 layout I used because I bought Marcelo

Liverpool have outstanding DMs so V2 - Richards at RB can suit this formation

Liquid attack is a basically a narrow diamond and 2 striker formation.

V2 layout has produced some outstanding football, takes perhaps a few season, but can be a joy to watch. At times the AI have been pinned back in their penalty area while your side ping the ball about looking for an opportunity.

Ive been using this tactic for a few weeks, and i thought i would post a reply to thank Kimz. I'd lost interest in FM 08 since the 8.0.2 patch came out as it ruined the whole game concerning tactics (fixed some bugs yes, but on the whole ruined the experience IMO), So after having success with my own tactics with 8.0.0 and 8.0.1 but having no success with 8.0.2 i decided to try a few downloaded tactics with varied results but this has to be the most consistent by far.

The main version i use (which i find the best IMO) is V2.1 with V.1 layout and when i'm leading with about 10 mins to go i switch to V2.1 - defensive (which another member posted) and i have had great success with varied teams.

When i found the version that worked for me i haven't been dissapointed and am enjoying the game again.

The main teams ive used it with are:

Ac Milan - barely lost a game and won everything there is to win (although the team was probably the best ive had)

I then moved to Man utd - so far won the FA Cup in first season and prem in 2nd (i'm having to rebuild the team as i took over a poor man u team (its 2014 btw)).

Ive also set up other games in which i manage smaller teams:

Galatasaray - won the league 4 times twice doing the double so ive moved to PSV and so far played 7 won 7.

In another game i decided to be Leeds (the 15 pt defecite was a challenge) - The first season wasnt too good in the league (although i was messing with the different versions). I was pleased to win the Johnstone paint trophy cus ive never won it before. Now i'm in the second season and ive played 17 and won 15 drew 2.

Sorry this post is a bit long winded but i had to explain my gratitude to Kimz for uploading a tactic that is making me enjoy the game again.

im using version 2.1 with v1 layout and im conceding loads of goals from crosses coming in from the wings. when i have the ball it is basically 2 at the back, so as soon as i lose the ball its basically 2v2 at the back!! is anybody else having this problem and if so can you help please? thanx

Guest roberto922

!!!! You are a god :D I'm beating Brentford 5-0 at half time, I've just been promoted last season as well so I'm relegation favourites

:D

This is a briliant tactic for my Juve side. 17 wins 2 draws from first 19 games! 65 scored, 10 conceded.

I wish the lone striker could score more though as Amauri (6) and Trez (5) isn't very high while Barzagli my CB has 12 goals, I use 2.1 with v1 layout. AMCs and MCs scores loads though to make up for it.

Great tactic though Kimz.

This tactic is overwhelming at home but almost everytime only gives you a draw on away matches :(

Try moving your defensive line to narrow when away from home, I find that this does help tighten up especially when playing against a 4231 formation with the AML & AMR, also try reducing the tempo to 4 against poorer sides and up it 7 against good sides. Also teamtalks for away games I always nearly always go with "for the fans" b4 and then see what happens at half time.

My Darlington side are currently top of the Prem after 20 games in 2014/15 season, semi of the league cup and first knock out stage of the champs league. Managed to beat Arsenal 3-2 at the emirates coming back from 2-0 down,.

First of all this tactic is brilliant. I won 4 trophies with Rangers in my first season(League, League Cup, National Cup and Champions League).

Now playing second season and gap is growing between Hibs(3rd) , Celtic(2nd) and myself(1st).

So thanks for this awesome tactic.

P.S. Cant wait for V3

First of all this tactic is brilliant. I won 4 trophies with Rangers in my first season(League, League Cup, National Cup and Champions League).

Now playing second season and gap is growing between Hibs(3rd) , Celtic(2nd) and myself(1st).

P.S. Cant wait for V3

Which version use ? v1.0 ?

Which version use ? v1.0 ?

I use Kimz 2.1 with version 1 Layout (Main Tactic) and a modded version of Kimz with three central defenders when playing against bigger teams in Champions League aka Liverpool, Barca etc.(Teams with Worlds Class Strikers and Influential/Creative Midfielders)

What do you guys mean when you say you are using the 2.1 tactic with version 1 layout? And what's the differences between the 2.1 version and 2.2? I'm wondering because I've heard this is a good tactic for Arsenal, but I don't know which version is more appropriate.

Thanks Kimz!

I'm so happy that there are a few tactics in FM08 that show real success. FM07 drove me nuts because although I like to play with the tactics, could never find a good tactic to 'set and forget' if I just wanted to play quickly through a season.

I think SI have gotten the balance a little wrong between fun/realism. Real managers get nice cars, real fame, and the chance to sneer in the face of their rivals (if they want). A computer game has to be fun for different reasons, and I for one don't mind my success being a 'little too good' for my efforts.

So tactics like this save the game for a lot of us I think. Thanks!

What do you guys mean when you say you are using the 2.1 tactic with version 1 layout? And what's the differences between the 2.1 version and 2.2? I'm wondering because I've heard this is a good tactic for Arsenal, but I don't know which version is more appropriate.

i called it 2.1 tactic with version 1 layout.... its v2.1 using v1 players formation

now i rename it to kimz tactic v1.1

v2.1 DL = 10, v2.2 DL=14

you can download at the latest link download on page .... (i dont remember:rolleyes:)

or download complete tactics from my personal homepage

P.S. Cant wait for V3

forgot to mention......there will be v4.0 too:D

P.S. Cant wait for V3

forgot to mention......there will be v4.0 too:D

Well in That Case I Can't wait for V3 AND V4. lol

hi guys,

i am playing as Chelsea first season and i am at 1st jan 08.

The first half of the season everything was going great but now all of a sudden i cant win any matches. Whenever i score the comp scores within 5 min of my goal every time! (also the comp is now dominating play as i keep reading "can Chelsea weather the storm?") This has been happing for 5 matches straight, all easy opponents such as hull city etc..(i know i am still top of the league but if this carries on i will end up 3rd or 4th soon)

I have no idea why as i have not changed anything from the first half of the season.

chelseachelseatacticsmg2.png

thats my team, hopefully you will be able to help me.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

hi kimz,

my defenders and striker are slow (12 <= pace <= 14). what can i do ? also using pure wingers on amrc or amlc is effective ?

for central defender pace 12-14 is fast enough

but for fullback, try to get faster players

for striker there is no problem with that pace

i recommend using pure AMC for 3 AMC slots, retrain your winger to AMC pos

but on my latest version (v3 and v4) you will need wingers.... see the layout on my homepage :):) http://kimztactics.googlepages.com/ :):)

hi guys,

i am playing as Chelsea first season and i am at 1st jan 08.

The first half of the season everything was going great but now all of a sudden i cant win any matches. Whenever i score the comp scores within 5 min of my goal every time! (also the comp is now dominating play as i keep reading "can Chelsea weather the storm?") This has been happing for 5 matches straight, all easy opponents such as hull city etc..(i know i am still top of the league but if this carries on i will end up 3rd or 4th soon)

I have no idea why as i have not changed anything from the first half of the season.

thats my team, hopefully you will be able to help me.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

use v2.1 or v1.1 ;)

i've been using v2.1 with v1 layout and a very defensive version to shut up shop at the end of games,

and when the conditions are just right this happens :D utd 10-2 liverpool :D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/stefan423/10-2.jpg

the story of my season really :D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/stefan423/league.jpg

keep up the good work kimz, can't wait for v3 and 4 :)

C mon mate were is it cant wait any longer

be patient....:p

im still optimizing these tactics, especially v3.0.

have you seen the formation ? v4.0 is my new favorite now. see it in my homepage;)

i've been using v2.1 with v1 layout and a very defensive version to shut up shop at the end of games,

and when the conditions are just right this happens :D utd 10-2 liverpool :D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/stefan423/10-2.jpg

the story of my season really :D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b51/stefan423/league.jpg

keep up the good work kimz, can't wait for v3 and 4 :)

What u mean ???

I honestly think I'm on to something here... after some tests I reached the following conclusion: Kimz tactic 2.1 with v1 layout was the best tactic around the forums. But I was not fully satisfied..as I felt that this tactic created tons of chances to score and the match ended a lot with 1-0 defeats with the adversary having like 2-3 shots on goal... frustrating right? Most of kimz tactic offensive play goes trough the middle, where the opposition concentrates it's defenders crowding the area, so shots tend to be shots under pressure, resulting in what we can call bad chances.

I then started experimenting... always having as the base of your tactic, kimz (full credit to you kimz!!! You did the hard work, I just fooled around with player positions) and arrived at the following formation... I must say until now (tested 15 matches) umbelievable... I now still have like 18-22 chances but shots on target improved a lot (always about 13-16). It seems the defense has lots of trouble to cope with this attack that ocupies the full lenght of the field, and that comes from the back... so DC's are always confused. In terms of defense it looks very solid... because one of the main problems with 2.1 with v1 layout was FB being caught up the field on counters, now they are mainly defending... and the frontline all fall into midfield creating a first barrier... PLEASE TRY IT... I want to know if it works with other people... I don't have to change a thing... just grab 2.1 with v1 layout and put the players in this formation... Kimz I really would love to have your opinion and testing. 10x (again all credit to you)

kimz424ak4.th.jpg

By the way kimz , what is best: fast striker or good physical striker with good head attributes ?

i will choose good physical striker with good head attributes.... note that both of them have same other attribute :thup:

Hey Kimz, what kind of players should we have for version 3 and 4.

Is there a vast change or are player requirements roughly the same as version 2

DM players for DM pos

AML/R for FL/FR pos

so we need one or two new DMC and winger players for these new tactics.

Archived