kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,006 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

As I said IĀ“haven't tested enough, mainly with small teams, only with MU and Bayern so... With a weak team there's no way a tactic can do all the work! Well at least you had 3 straight wins... that's good for a promoted club right?

Only HOLD for away games... not sure... try it...

Mate,

Have been using V2.1 with 1 setup but just switche to the 424, it's water tight, played 5 league games and conceded none, tweleve for. Not scoring as many goals but conceding none. Any ideas on the goals?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mate,

Have been using V2.1 with 1 setup but just switche to the 424, it's water tight, played 5 league games and conceded none, tweleve for. Not scoring as many goals but conceding none. Any ideas on the goals?

Actually it seems that with the 424 I'm scoring more (but having fewer chances) because the frontline with 424 is wider, 4 players to the full width of the pitch, so the opposition's defense does not close up so tight as they did with V2.1 that centers the attack on the middle. And concedes less because defending you have a six men midfield!!! I'm in February now and still going strong! Just suffered my first goal and points at home by drwing against Everton (super keeper sindrome) in the Premiership... :p

12-0 in five matches, and you are not happy with goals scored? thats 2.4 per game!!!

the problem when using these tactics is against 424 or 442 with long farrow, it doesnt matter home or away.

on that occasion use v1.1 without farrow on fullbacks.

other than that, rotate between original tactics.

Thanks mate - will try

Actually it seems that with the 424 I'm scoring more (but having fewer chances) because the frontline with 424 is wider, 4 players to the full width of the pitch, so the opposition's defense does not close up so tight as they did with V2.1 that centers the attack on the middle. And concedes less because defending you have a six men midfield!!! I'm in February now and still going strong! Just suffered my first goal and points at home by drwing against Everton (super keeper sindrome) in the Premiership... :p

12-0 in five matches, and you are not happy with goals scored? thats 2.4 per game!!!

Definately happy but scored 110 and 113 in the league in the last two seasons, trade off with the clean sheets though.

whats tweaking????

ah...you read it on the first page, dont you?

i realize that tweaking is something you cant avoid on this fm version

if you read previous pages, you will find how to tweak it ..... but i dont know which page is that.

if you are too lazy to read each page, you can read on my homepage http://kimztactics.googlepages.com/ ..... but its not ready yet. :D

i will update my homepage as soon as possible.

I have been playing this game successfully without tweaking.

One thing I noticed is that you cannot DEFEND in this version.

Defensive tactics do not succeed; sure a good team can win but mediocre teams suffer 0-1 losses.

You basically have to go for 3-1, 4-2 wins.

I have been playing this game successfully without tweaking.

One thing I noticed is that you cannot DEFEND in this version.

Defensive tactics do not succeed; sure a good team can win but mediocre teams suffer 0-1 losses.

You basically have to go for 3-1, 4-2 wins.

which version did you use ?

im still flying with Rangers, 32 games played scored 87 and conceded just 7 in the leauge.. dominating games home and away... struggled in Europe with the Roma result and got thrashed by Arsenal but apart from that its class... just sticking with V3 and going to add some quality players in the summer!

how the hell can you keep clean sheets on this game im doing all the OI and yet i still keep conceeding.i used the dimartino tactic in the championship and ran away with the league losing only 1 game and conceeding only 30 goals in 46 games ,but now my defence cant stop conceeding last season i finished 13 th in the prem letting in 69 goals.these are my defenders and dm`s

gk ochoa,doyle

rb frey,steinsson

lb murphy,vidal

cb medjani,gioda

cb mclean,digard

dm fellaini,maduro,i.camacho

Can someone point out to me where I'm going wrong.

I'm using Tug's training seassions.....originally with Reading and now Man City.

Tried both v2.1 with 1.1 layout and version 2.1. Also tried dimartino's tweaked 424 version and none of them get me super results like you're all experiencing. I haven't touched anything other that set the formation and picked the team.

Many City team is:

GK - Akinfeev

RB - Richards

LB - G Pasquale/Jose Enrique

CB - Dunne

CB - Corluka

DM - Alex Song (from Arsenal)

DM - Michael Johnson

AMC - Giovani dos Santos

AMCL - Jo

AMCR - Scannell or Krancjar

Striker - Freddy Eastwood

What am I doing wrong as nothing works for me. I either sneak a 1 - 0 or 2-1 win or lose. The other team always scores loads as well.

I'm using Tug's training seassions.....originally with Reading and now Man City.

Tried both v2.1 with 1.1 layout and version 2.1. Also tried dimartino's tweaked 424 version and none of them get me super results like you're all experiencing. I haven't touched anything other that set the formation and picked the team.

Many City team is:

GK - Akinfeev

RB - Richards

LB - G Pasquale/Jose Enrique

CB - Dunne

CB - Corluka

DM - Alex Song (from Arsenal)

DM - Michael Johnson

AMC - Giovani dos Santos

AMCL - Jo

AMCR - Scannell or Krancjar

Striker - Freddy Eastwood

What am I doing wrong as nothing works for me. I either sneak a 1 - 0 or 2-1 win or lose. The other team always scores loads as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what season are you in ???? Eastwood isnt good enough for the prem just about cuts it in the championship.... try the V3 version ive had great results with it, all i do is tick tight marking and counter attack.. give it 5 games but with the AMC'S you have should click... where is Elano as he is class as the centre AMC, better DM'S would be good too if you stick with your current formation....... Johnston and Song are ball players rather than DM's.

I'm in the fourth season. I start unemployed and take a decent job when given the chance. Started as Reading when they offered me job....Eastwood score 40+ goals for Reading in two seasons of the championship...I never got promoted. Man City cam in and I took the job. Signed Eastwood who has scored 13 goals in 11 games for me so far. But I wouldn't say I'm dominating. I chose Johnson and Song because in version 2.1, which I'm currently using, you have the farrows pushing towards the right and left striker positions. So I thought MC's would be a better option than DM?? Elano got sold before I got there.

I'm in the fourth season. I start unemployed and take a decent job when given the chance. Started as Reading when they offered me job....Eastwood score 40+ goals for Reading in two seasons of the championship...I never got promoted. Man City cam in and I took the job. Signed Eastwood who has scored 13 goals in 11 games for me so far. But I wouldn't say I'm dominating. I chose Johnson and Song because in version 2.1, which I'm currently using, you have the farrows pushing towards the right and left striker positions. So I thought MC's would be a better option than DM?? Elano got sold before I got there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nice mate i had Eastwood at Wolves but didnt do much for me!! i would Suggest giving V3 formation a go mate, have you tried it??? basically just need 2 wingers and they drop back in to DM positions, are you using opp instructions??? or retrain Johnston and song as DM'S ??? i know what your saying about going up to the left and right striker positions but they still have to win the ball back for you sometimes and tackling should be 15 + ive found. :thup:

Well I tried V3 and when playing at home it works. But Away its realy teribble. Too bad I was hoping it would also work away.

this is what i wrote on my homepage :

use this tactic with other version, v1.1 and v2.1. If you feel that previous version is cracked by ai, switch to this new version, and when ai crack this new version, back to v1.1 or v2.1....and so on. Or you can switch your tactic every game or every time. Do this to confuse ai and make a long run in your game.

Against 4-2-4 or 4-4-2 with long farrow, switch your tactic to v1.1 and remove fullbacks farrow. It defend well and sometimes countering ai with goal

v1 - v2.2 : playing narrow

v3 : playing wide

see the full detail in here : http://kimztactics.googlepages.com/tweaking

use this tactic with other version, v1.1 and v2.1. If you feel that previous version is cracked by ai, switch to this new version, and when ai crack this new version, back to v1.1 or v2.1....and so on. Or you can switch your tactic every game or every time. Do this to confuse ai and make a long run in your game.

Against 4-2-4 or 4-4-2 with long farrow, switch your tactic to v1.1 and remove fullbacks farrow. It defend well and sometimes countering ai with goal

I read the page but I'm still not entirely sure how to see if the opposition is playing a deep defensive line

is it better to play away with 1.1 till 2.2 and home with 3.0 because 1.1 till 2.2 is narrow?

I read the page but I'm still not entirely sure how to see if the opposition is playing a deep defensive line

if your striker very close to opp goalie when the ball is outside penalty area : opp play deep DL

is it better to play away with 1.1 till 2.2 and home with 3.0 because 1.1 till 2.2 is narrow?

no, thats not what i meant

if you are using v1.1/v2.1 for 5-10 games, ai will change their tactic narrower, their DR/DL will not mark your DL/DR or 2DMC, their DR/DL will mark your AMC.....they realize that DL/DR and 2 DMC only decoy

change your tactic to v3.0, this tactic attack from winger, your winger will get a lot space, coz ai player concentrating on your AMC

but after 5-10 games, ai will realize that they should play wider, and take attention to your wingers

if ai do that, switch back to v1.1/v2.1, and so on ;)

simple, go to his homepage, http://kimztactics.googlepages.com

click and read every ads on his page, he will be paid by advertiser only if you click on that ads

do it as much as you can, everyday :D

i did it if i like somebody page:p

thanks for supporting me...... but dont over click the ads, they will not count a rush click

valid click only count if the ads pages fully shown :)

Same here (in that I'm using Tug's training with this tactic, and have done nothing other than select the tactic and plug appropriate players in).

I'm playing as Leeds in the first season, with a squad made up of the well known bargain buys - Torje, Aaritalo, Mihelic, Stancu, Doudin, Sabic, Sarghi, Piatti, Nengomashe et al - all of whom are rated individually as decent-to-good Premiership players. I've tried with two saves, using the v1.1 and v3 editions of the tactic (the two most popular according to the poll) and both times the result has been a spectacular fail. Using v1.1 right now my record after 15 games is W6 D4 L5, and I have one of the worst scoring records in the division (though defence admittedly has been solid). My attempt with v3 was actually worse, though I can't give precise W-D-L figures as the game was deleted when I inevitably got sacked.

Is there some box I've neglected to tick or something? I'm sat here reading post after post of glowing, superlative-laden praise for this tactic but for me it's actually performed even worse than my own shoddily-crafted efforts, and I have no idea why. It isn't that I haven't given it enough time, and it isn't that my players just aren't good enough compared to the competition - I am effectively fielding a Premiership team in League One and yet the likes of Gillingham and Bournemouth are routinely kicking my ass.

What am I doing wrong?

Or you can switch your tactic every game or every time. Do this to confuse ai and make a long run in your game.

QUOTE]

so when you say change tactic, do you mean change it a week before the match or just before you kick off

Or you can switch your tactic every game or every time. Do this to confuse ai and make a long run in your game.

QUOTE]

so when you say change tactic, do you mean change it a week before the match or just before you kick off

theres no different about that imo, ai analyzing your tactic on match event, not your formation

change your tactic if your team have no space to attempt shots

ok here's an update on 424:

Suddently I started having trouble to score, but still creating lots of chances. I think this is due to AI adapting to your tactic, and even dominating the games you suddently cannot score, keeper saves everything etc etc etc And thats why kimz talks about changing tactics often, to always surprise the AI. And when I mean change tactics is just change positions and arrows, I'm more and more convinced that sliders mean absolutely ZERO, or at least have very few importance. How do you explain that I'm unable to defend a result with Narrow width, lots of time wasting, etc etc and can do it by maintaining the sliders untouched and just changing players positions to more defensive ones. So a tried a few variations that resulted great!!! I now have five tactics:

424 mid-attack: against slighter weaker opponents

424 full-attack: against weaker opponents

424 normal: equal opponents

424 mid-defend: hold results

424 full-defend: hold results under strong pressure

http://files.filefront.com/tacticsrar/;11394495;/fileinfo.html

Playing away you should consider one step down of the avaliation of the opponent.

As I said no change in the sliders... just positions... it seems enough to fool the AI:

424 mid-attack:

villajg0.th.jpg

424 normal (2nd half, playing with 424 mid-defend still scored twice)

milanxi8.th.jpg

Overall KIMZ 424 still doing great

tablejs6.th.jpg

calendarqx2.th.jpg

Once again FULL CREDIT to kimz (as I repeat it is tactic V2.1 with v1 layout, I'm just fooling around with positions)

Hi dimartino, do you assign a target man and playmaker to your formation? As I usually do with normal kimz layouts. Obviously the striker as my TM and the central AM as my PM. Giving your set a go. I won everything with Lazio but struggling with spurs on a new game, although I think this maybe due to selling 80% of team and buying a few too many youngsters...

Same here (in that I'm using Tug's training with this tactic, and have done nothing other than select the tactic and plug appropriate players in).

I'm playing as Leeds in the first season, with a squad made up of the well known bargain buys - Torje, Aaritalo, Mihelic, Stancu, Doudin, Sabic, Sarghi, Piatti, Nengomashe et al - all of whom are rated individually as decent-to-good Premiership players. I've tried with two saves, using the v1.1 and v3 editions of the tactic (the two most popular according to the poll) and both times the result has been a spectacular fail. Using v1.1 right now my record after 15 games is W6 D4 L5, and I have one of the worst scoring records in the division (though defence admittedly has been solid). My attempt with v3 was actually worse, though I can't give precise W-D-L figures as the game was deleted when I inevitably got sacked.

Is there some box I've neglected to tick or something? I'm sat here reading post after post of glowing, superlative-laden praise for this tactic but for me it's actually performed even worse than my own shoddily-crafted efforts, and I have no idea why. It isn't that I haven't given it enough time, and it isn't that my players just aren't good enough compared to the competition - I am effectively fielding a Premiership team in League One and yet the likes of Gillingham and Bournemouth are routinely kicking my ass.

What am I doing wrong?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounds like you have a good team mate, not sure why your not winning, i always tick tight marking and counter attack, are you using opp instructions? ive found doing tight marking, hard tackling and closing down helps on strikers and all midfielders, with show wingers on to weakest foot as well...... how many games did you play with V3? i wouldnt recommend V3 away from home as ive barely won any games away from home with Rangers and i have a very good squad...... have you tried the triangle tactic brought me great success with Doncaster. :thup:

Hi dimartino, do you assign a target man and playmaker to your formation? As I usually do with normal kimz layouts. Obviously the striker as my TM and the central AM as my PM. Giving your set a go. I won everything with Lazio but struggling with spurs on a new game, although I think this maybe due to selling 80% of team and buying a few too many youngsters...

No, no playmaker, no target man. This only makes sense if you have a weak team with a specially gifted amc or striker... when you have 11 gifted players why close up our options by concentrating gameplay in one player?

Massive Genius

I played Leeds with V2 layout and made play offs but would have won League apart from 15pt deduction.

Only new players were loans, Danny Rose from Spurs and a couple from Aston Villa or Man City.

Are you using 8.02

I have used xtree version for Oxford for 138games lost 6 without tweaking to gain promotion to Championship. Since won Championship and finished 12th in Prem.

Also noticed that the FMTactics Cup was won by an similar 424 but without farrows on wingers.

I also played London Utd challange for a while (V1 layout) and this team is totally new and 99% youngsters, did not have an issue 1st season, but had the max reputation.

Now that Genie Scout is working, I checked 11th Season Spurs Save. Per GS the team positional rating was 80% compared to next best Arsenal at 76%. This is a huge advantage and any class team this far into game can win with just the players.

Massive Genius

I played Leeds with V2 layout and made play offs but would have won League apart from 15pt deduction.

Only new players were loans, Danny Rose from Spurs and a couple from Aston Villa or Man City.

Are you using 8.02

I have used xtree version for Oxford for 138games lost 6 without tweaking to gain promotion to Championship. Since won Championship and finished 12th in Prem.

Also noticed that the FMTactics Cup was won by an similar 424 but without farrows on wingers.

I also played London Utd challange for a while (V1 layout) and this team is totally new and 99% youngsters, did not have an issue 1st season, but had the max reputation.

Hey, where can i find this xtree version ?

Its based on Kimz original tactics with a few minor tweaks.

If you take V2 layout the back 4 is standard, no farrows.

ML and MR have short farrows, The middle AMC is moved to MC and barrowed to DM.

2 remaining AMCs barrowed to MC and striker upfront.

I re run a version with higher temp on Holiday season and made 104pts F 80 A 17.

Only Kimz based tactics make 100pts on this holiday season, normally the best of any other type tactic will score about 95pts.

Disclaimer about Holiday Season as a way of testing tactics, just helps me decide the best way to play.

Its based on Kimz original tactics with a few minor tweaks.

If you take V2 layout the back 4 is standard, no farrows.

ML and MR have short farrows, The middle AMC is moved to MC and barrowed to DM.

2 remaining AMCs barrowed to MC and striker upfront.

I re run a version with higher temp on Holiday season and made 104pts F 80 A 17.

Only Kimz based tactics make 100pts on this holiday season, normally the best of any other type tactic will score about 95pts.

Disclaimer about Holiday Season as a way of testing tactics, just helps me decide the best way to play.

Heh, i have been trying almost the same tweak but with long farrows on wingers. Unfortunately with no success. Could you upload your version?

hey guys in v 3.0 what kind of player you put at FRL ??

Ive used wingers, AML and AMR, found Arshavin and Downing good in that position.:thup:

Ok my review:v 1.0 i think the first 1.

Cardiff 3-0 Carmarthen-great passing and moving around the box though is very tight.

Cardiff 4-0 some team from like non-league- good passing tight passing and overcrowded by the box.

Cardiff 0-0 Bury Dominated it but can't score

Cardiff 0-0 Northampton slightly dominated it but can't score dodgy

Cardiff 0-3 Blackburn

So really things haven't gone so well have they!!! any help would be appreciated.

No, no playmaker, no target man. This only makes sense if you have a weak team with a specially gifted amc or striker... when you have 11 gifted players why close up our options by concentrating gameplay in one player?

No TM and no PM... working great. Like I say I have a lot of new players and I am trying to go totally english so I know my first season is going to be tough. Currently sitting in 6th but that was due to struggling with V2.1 with V1 layout.

Since ive switched to 424 i've won every game. However I do not have all the super players in my team that I usually go for. I have Wheater, Johnson and Downing from Boro. Taylor from NUFC, Johnson from Everton so no Berbatov, Keane, Chimbonda etc Transfer fee income totalled Ā£100 Mil.

I have found that I bounce between MID DEFEND for away matches with a for the fans teamtalk prior and say nothing at half time and the normal setup at home. I seem to get spanked if I attack high than the 424 NORMAL. Either way i'm winning so cheers dimartino

Just finished the Premiership, with some class I must say! And after already winning the League Cup Final (5-0), I'm going for FA Cup against Arsenal and the Champions League Final against Lyon. Will update in a minute...

tablepe0.th.jpg

calendarre7.th.jpg

ok here's an update on 424:

Suddently I started having trouble to score, but still creating lots of chances. I think this is due to AI adapting to your tactic, and even dominating the games you suddently cannot score, keeper saves everything etc etc etc And thats why kimz talks about changing tactics often, to always surprise the AI. And when I mean change tactics is just change positions and arrows, I'm more and more convinced that sliders mean absolutely ZERO, or at least have very few importance. How do you explain that I'm unable to defend a result with Narrow width, lots of time wasting, etc etc and can do it by maintaining the sliders untouched and just changing players positions to more defensive ones. So a tried a few variations that resulted great!!! I now have five tactics:

424 mid-attack: against slighter weaker opponents

424 full-attack: against weaker opponents

424 normal: equal opponents

424 mid-defend: hold results

424 full-defend: hold results under strong pressure

http://files.filefront.com/tacticsrar/;11394495;/fileinfo.html

Playing away you should consider one step down of the avaliation of the opponent.

As I said no change in the sliders... just positions... it seems enough to fool the AI:

424 mid-attack:

villajg0.th.jpg

424 normal (2nd half, playing with 424 mid-defend still scored twice)

milanxi8.th.jpg

Overall KIMZ 424 still doing great

tablejs6.th.jpg

calendarqx2.th.jpg

Once again FULL CREDIT to kimz (as I repeat it is tactic V2.1 with v1 layout, I'm just fooling around with positions)

Very impressive! wil post results later!!!!

Archived