Gypsum's conference wonderkids Sign-up

Sorry, I left some stuff out

Name: Haowan

Date of birth: 14/04/1990

Nationality: English

Second nationality*: Spanish

Height (cm): 190

Weight (kg): 66

Favourite club*: Man Utd, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter Milan

Disliked club*: None

Position: FC

Preferred foot: Right

2 technical stats at 20: Dribbling, Finsihing

3 technical stats at 18: Technique, Heading, Passing

1 technical stat at 15: Long Shots

2 mental stats at 20: Positioning, Composure

3 mental stats at 18: Anticipation, Decisions, Consistency

1 mental stat at 15: Creativity

2 physical stats at 20: Pace, Acceleration

2 physical stats at 18: Balance, Jumping

Choose any rating (1-20) for one of these personal attributes - (Adaptability, Ambition, Controversy, Determination, Loyalty, Pressure, Professionalism, Sportsmanship, Temperament)*: Adaptability = 20, Determination = 20

1 preferred move*: Tries Tricks

1. Adam Clatworthy (Gypsum) - Aldershot

2. Mike Bird (birdy123) - York City

3. Alves el Bobinho de Silva (ridleys) - Cambridge United

4. Alves el Fredino de Silva (poopypants) - Woking

5. Adaminho (Adam C) - Torquay

6. Tom van der Fish (Tom=)) - Grays

7. Pablo Gonzalez - Halifax

8. Robert Dillon (EvilDave) - Torquay United

9. Arthur White (super_lampard) - Ebbsfleet Utd

10. Alfonso de silva Santos (fmfulhamfan)- Stevenage

11. Juan King (MikeLUFC) - Burton

12. Quincy Lapatross (GazTheDoood) - Farsley

13. Ben Whitehead (Whitehead) - Salisbury

14. Peter Brown (tomiscool) - Stafford

15. Loïc Philippens (Whoopy D) - Droylsden

16. Callum McCarthy (cmc_efc) - Histon

17. José Manuel Arévalo (AB-forever) - Northwich

18. Frketson (follow the blind) (?)

19. Haowan (Haowan) - Any Club

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Brendan Petersen

Date of birth: 15/8/90

Nationality: Australian (can you make me declared for this nation)

Second nationality* : Danish

Height (cm): 193

Weight (kg): 79

Favourite club*:

Disliked club*:

Position: GK

Preferred foot: left

2 technical stats at 20: Reflexes, handling

3 technical stats at 18: aerial ability, one on ones, kicking

1 technical stat at 15: communication

2 mental stats at 20: Bravery, Decisions

3 mental stats at 18: Anticipation, important matches, Positioning

1 mental stat at 15: Consistency

agility

2 physical stats at 18: strength, natural fitness

Choose any rating (1-20) for one of these personal attributes - (Adaptability, Ambition, Controversy, Determination, Loyalty, Pressure, Professionalism, Sportsmanship, Temperament)*: Pressure = 20, Adaptability = 20

18. Frketson (follow the blind) (?)

19. Haowan (Haowan) - Any Club

20. Brendan Peterssen (BP_Doosra) - Oxford

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">GazTheDoood - I've put Quincy in Farsley's squad. And I didn't make it too clear in the form, but I meant to limit it to two personal attributes. So if you could pick 2 that'd be great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry about that, i'll go with Adaptabilty and Ambition on 20 please.

And Farsley, cool.

KUTGW.

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GazTheDoood:

And Farsley, cool.

KUTGW.

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok mate, that's done.

Just putting in the data for the last three entrants now. And then i'll take some opening screenshots and get the game up and running this evening.

I also found out i've got the day off tomorrow, so i'll be doing quite a bit then too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gypsum:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GazTheDoood:

And Farsley, cool.

KUTGW.

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok mate, that's done.

Just putting in the data for the last three entrants now. And then i'll take some opening screenshots and get the game up and running this evening.

I also found out i've got the day off tomorrow, so i'll be doing quite a bit then too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking forward to it!

Make sure when you sart the actual game (after all the editing) you don't enable attribute masking as we won't be able to see all of our players stats icon_biggrin.gif

I apolagise if you already knew this icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

Looking forward to it!

Make sure when you sart the actual game (after all the editing) you don't enable attribute masking as we won't be able to see all of our players stats icon_biggrin.gif

I apolagise if you already knew this icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should say that. I loaded the database as a test last night and left attribute masking on. At first I though 'Why aren't these stats showing?' then the penny dropped!

The final line up is this...

18. Frketson (follow the blind) - Altricham

19. Haowan (Haowan) - Crawley

20. Brendan Peterssen (BP_Doosra) - Oxford

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Whitehead:

did you mistake my long shot tech with long throws a mine seems to be too good to have happened by chance, 17 long throws

:S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll check the editor.

Whitehead- Just checked the editor, your guy definitely got given 18 for long shots, and not long throws. It was just a random stat for you.

To everyone else- I think every player has turned out pretty interesting. Some who seem to have better stats than others also have an achillies heel somewhere, like Stamina or concentration (more common in youngsters).

Pre-season performers so far are myself icon_wink.gif , Mike Bird with 7 goals in 6 games, Pablo Gonzalez with 7 in 5 (although he could miss the opening games of the season with flu), Haowan with 6 in 6 (but he picked up a sprained ankle).

A proper update to come soon. Including... three moves to the premiership, and one to a top-championship side!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by birdy123:

7 goals in 6 games icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In fairness, most of them were against Irish league teams icon_razz.gif

Although you're doing well in the league now too... icon_wink.gif

Update: 11th September 2007

Adaminho- After making an instant impression with a goalscoring league debut, the 18 year-old blazed a trail through conference opposition. Bagging 3 successive braces against Histon, Northwich and York. His record stood at 7 goals in 5 games, with 3 MoM awards and a 7.40 rating. With that form, it wasn't long before top clubs started sniffing around. A £240k bid from Rangers was accepted by Torquay and he made the long trip up north to join the Scottish giants U-19 squad. He has also made an England U-18 appearance as a sub against Russia, getting a 7 rating.

Jose Manuel Arevalo- Before the young Andorran could even make a league appearance of Northwich, he had the scouts attention. A £240k offer from League 1 Millwall was accepted, and the centre-back was on the move. He was immediately hailed as indispensible to the club and made his debut in a 2-1 victory over Gillingham. He has gone on to become a first team regular, making 7 starts with an undeservedly low average of 6.43 for the side placed, rather unfortunately, 20th in league 1. Jose also made his full international debut for Andorra with a decent performance in a 2-0 defeat to Estonia.

Mike Bird- Mike was another player who made an immediate impact in the Blue Square Premier. He kicked things off with a goal on his debut and a stunning hat-trick against Northwich. After hitting the net 6 times in just 5 games, with 1 assist and an excellent rating of 7.80, Mike was another young starlet to have his talent recognised. This time it was Premiership Manchester City's scouts who took an interest and splashed £275k on the towering striker. After only recently joining, he has made just the one sub appearance in the reserves. But in a rather interesting development, Mike has been called up to the Portugal U-21 squad, although he has yet to make an appearance.

Bobinho- Bob wasn't at Cambridge long enough to blow his nose before Premiership Middlesbrough snapped him up for 75k, despite having a virus in pre-season. The Welshman has impressed with 2 goals in 2 games so far for the reserves. Bobinho was also called up to the Welsh U-21 squad and repayed his managers faith with a debut goal in the 2-1 victory over the Ukraine.

Peter Brown- No such big transfer move yet for 16 year-old Brown. The Stafford striker has scored twice in his four starts, including a goal which secured his sides only win of the season so far. Despite his club struggling in 21st place, Brown's potential hasn't gone unnoticed by the England scouts. Which led to a call up to the U-19 squad, making him one of the youngest called up, and the only player called up from the Conference.

Adam Clatworthy- Not only is he the most handsome player involved in this sign-up icon_wink.gif Clatworthy has been on devestating form in the conference. Scoring 7 in 6 starts, with 3 assists, 4 MoMs and an average rating of 8 for 1st placed Aldershot. This included a perfect 10 after scoring 2 in the 4-0 hammering of Altrincham. His form earned a call up to the N.Ireland U-21 squad, and he scored on his debut against Switzerland. His blistering form hasn't gone unnoticed, with West Brom and Scunthorpe keeping tabs on the young striker.

Alfonso de silva Santos- Alfonso has made an impressive start to his career, although he has been hindered by the Scunthorpe managers lack of faith in the 16 year-old. He has only been started in one BSP match, where he went on to hit home two debut goals with a rating of 8 against Ebbsfleet. The Andorran has found himself playing in the Under 18's, scoring 7 in 11. Alfonso has also been called up to the Andorran U-21 squad, playing 2 games.

Robert Dillon- The versatile forward has impressed many with his performances so far in the BSP. Playing regularly with 8 starts, scoring 2 with 4 assists, 2 MoM and a rating of 7.63. And all 8 of his starts have been playing on the left wing. At only 16, the explosive forward is fast making his reputation as a hot prospect. And valued at £425k, it won't be long until big clubs come calling.

Fredino- After a decent start for a middling Woking side, Fredino did well by scoring twice in his first five games. But his potential was soon spotted by Championship side Scunthorpe and they placed a £170k bid to sign the explosive striker. He has made a solid start so far, making his first team debut in the League cup 2nd round defeat to Southampton. And he obviously impressed as he was started in the next league match against Norwich, which Scunthorpe won 2-1. Although Fredinho has yet to score, his two 7 ratings are a solid foundation and he looks to have impressed his manager. More impressively, his mature performances have earned him a call up to the Welsh international squad! Although he has yet to make the first team, it is an obvious indication that his potential has been recognised.

THE REST TO FOLLOW...

i expect the rest will be out sometime tomorrow or?

nice to see a young lad playing for premiership reserves but has he made a bad career choice or a good one. The championship player will be the best opition in my opinion, should be getting mixture of first team and reserve games

11 September 2007 update continued...

Frketson- The 17 year-old centre-back was another player to almost instantly leave the Conference. Without a single league appearance, the Croatian was signed by Wigan for £60k. But since his move he has done little to speak of, making only four U-18 appearances in a below par squad. Definitely one for the future, rated as a hot-prospect. It is a matter of time before he begins to perform.

Pablo Gonzalez- The young striker has impressed so far in the conference with Halifax. At just 16 he has scored 3 in 4 starts, with 2 MoM awards and a rating of 7.25. Including a brace scored away at Cambridge. Pablo was also called up to the Spanish U-19 squad, making it to the bench, but no getting on the pitch. It looks like Pablo could be the man, or boy, to push 7th place Halifax in the playoff race. That's if he isn't snapped up first.

Haowan- Despite a fantastic start pre-season with Crawley, scoring 6 in 6 with 2 assists and a 7.67 rating, Haowan has been slow to recover from a sprained ankle. Which means he has yet to play a competetive match. But with just a matter of days before he regains fitness, it won't be long until the driven centre-forward picks up where he left off.

Juan King- Being too good for Burton is not the most flattering of compliments, but it applies most truely to Juan. The unfortunately entitled Khazak/Irishman was snapped up by Premiership Sunderland for £170k and instantly impressed Roy Keane with 2 goals in 3 U-18 appearances and an average rating of 8. He obviously made an impression, appearing on the bench for two premier league games, before being handed his first team debut as a sub in the 1-1 draw with Derby. Despite only coming on in the 88th minute, he managed a highly respectable rating of 7. Juan also impressed enough to be included in the N.Ireland U-21 side. Making his debut up front with Adam Clatworthy, he played well, earing himself the MoM award, and setting up Clatworthy for a goal in the 1-1 draw.

Congratulations on being a Premiership player Juan! icon_biggrin.gif

Quincy Klapatross- The young Chilean was another youngster instanty snapped up by the big leagues. This time it was Premiership Reading who forked out £90k on the striker. And he has impressed do far in the Royals' U-18 side, although he has yet to score, his 7.33 rating in three games will go a long way to enhance his reputation. Quincy has also been called up to the Dutch U-21 squad. Although he has yet to appear, it is good to see his talent recognised. And in such company, his football will undoubtedly benefit.

Callum McCarthy Callum was yet another player to barely take in his surroundings at conference side Histon before being head hunted. A £65k offer from Premiership Derby was accepted and McCarthy moved to a club known for it's quality youth setup. The versatile left sided player was put in the reserves and impressed with an assist and MoM award in his first 4 appearances. This was topped off by a 76th minute premier league appearance at left back in the 1-0 victory over Wigan. His career continued to rise with an Under-21 call up, and a debut start against Georgia. At left back, Callum played magnificently by creating a goal, getting a rating of 8, and the MoM award.

Congratulations on being a premier league player Callum! icon14.gif

The remainder to follow..

11th September 2007 update. Final part.

Brendan Petersen- The Aussie keeper has done well so far, but has suffered for playing in an underperforming Oxford side. He has started 8 games, conceding 12 with a rating of 6.38. The keeper might see some relief in the way of his call up to the Australian U-23 side that aims to qualify for the Olympics. Although it is obvious that he needs a move to realise his full potential.

Loic Philippens- Loic impressed instantly for Droylsden by scoring on his debut. Then continued to shine with a goal in each of his next two games and an overall rating of 7.33. As we have seen, such form rarely goes unrecognised, and Fulham made an offer of £110k for the player which was accepted. The young 'perfectionist' has gone on to score once in his 3 U-18 appearances. Loic was subsequently named captain of the U-19 squad and is on the fringe of an Under-21 appearance.

Tom van der Fish- Tom has struggled to find form with relegation threatened Grays. He has bagged a goal, an assist and a MoM award in his five starts, with a 6.80 rating. But his eforts have been rewarded with a call up to the Northern Ireland Under-21 squad, although he has yet to start.

Arthur White- Arthur's career at Ebbsfleet was cut short by West Brom, who made a £100k bid for the striker before he made a first team appearance. And his new manager Tony Mowbray instantly took a liking to the model professional, keeping him on the fringe of the first team squad. White finally got his chance to shine as he was named to start at The Hawthorns against Stoke. The debutant put his more experienced teammates to shame, creating a goal and recieving a Man of the match award for his 8-rated appearance. Mowbray then gave him a start in the second round of the League cup against Coventry, only to be replaced by Teixeira on the 88th minute. In his third successive start against Barnsley, White wasted no time repaying his managers gamble by opening his scoring account in the first minute. He helped his side on to a 3-1 victory, getting a rating of 8 for a performance which belied his age. Despite his excellent start, Arthur White was left out of the England U-19 and U-21 setup. Although on recent appearances, it is hard to see him miss out for much longer.

Ben Whitehead- Whitehead made a promising start to his career, with the winger creating 3 goals in 3 pre-season games. And also finiding time to make 11 fouls! But unfortunately Ben suffered a broken ankle against Staines to join Salisbury's ever growing injury list. With between 2 weeks and 2 months before he can train. It will be interesting to see how Ben can pick up his career after such a bad injury so young.

Great update KUTGW icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can't see many of us staying in the BSP for long we look way too good </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like I was right about that, my own player included, hopefully Loic can get a senior appearence under his belt soon

Yeah. It'll be interesting to see what happens with my player as he's got 20 for loyalty and Aldershot as his favourite club. I can't see anyone turning down a big money move to the Premier league somehow! No matter how loyal.

Thanks for the support guys.

The next update is going to cover the transfer window, which could have some interesting developments.

Other news so far;

Good news for the players with injuries, having recovered well one is playing brilliantly in the BSP.

One of the Premiership signings has broken his leg. All the more tragic after his excellent reserve team performances.

And one player has made his full international debut for Northern Ireland

1st Febuary 2008 - Transfer window update.

Adaminho- Despite not making a first team appearance following his transfer to Rangers, Adaminho hasn't failed to impress. In the Under-19's squad he has been on lethal form, scoring 21 times in 17 appearances with an average rating of 7.41. He is by far the outstanding player in the Rangers youth setup, with his best performing teammate only getting a 6.82. And it can only be a matter of time before he gets a break in the first team. Adaminho has also been capped for the England U-19 side.

Jose Manuel Arevalo- After moving to League 1 Millwall you could have been forgiven for thinking that the young centre-back would be merely a fringe player. But Jose has established himself as a first team regular for the relegation threatened side with 36 senior starts. Even bagging two goals. Jose has also earned a reputation as a no-nonsense player with 4.11 tackles per game, he is rated amongst the top tacklers in the division. Jose has also established himself on the international scene with 5 caps for Andorra. Although he has yet to find himself on the winning side.

Mike Bird- Mike's move to Man City has been a mixed blessing. ALthough he has yet to recieve a first team appearance, the towering 18 year-old has been plugging away in the reserves, bagging 2 goals in 7 starts. His potential has been recognised by the Portuguese international setup, who obviously fancy the prospect of a 6'9" striker, and they have handed him an U21 cap. With a solid performance on his debut, the future look bright for Mike.

Bobinho- Since his move to Middlesrough, Bobinho has been on excellent for for the reserves. He scored 6 in 8 starts, creating 2 goals and getting 2 MoM awards with a 7.38 rating. Bobinho has also secured himself a Welsh U-21 place, scoring twice in his two starts. However, all this good form was put to waste after he broke his leg in a reserve team match and was ruled out for 6 months. With between a month and two months before he recovers, the striker will have to work hard to recover his past form and regain his fitness after such a bad injury for one so young.

Peter Brown- Despite playing for a Stafford side sitting in 23rd place in the BSP, Peter Brown hasn't had trouble finding the net in his debut season. The 16 year-old has scored 13 times in 28 starts, making far and away his sides best player. As Stafford face relegation, it is hard to imagine Brown staying at the club for too long. Peter has also been involved in the England U-19 setup, although he has yet to make an appearance.

Adam Clatworthy- Aldershot have exceeded expectations this season. Expected to challenge for the playoffs at best, they find them self challenging for the top spot. This is mostly down to the form of their young starlet Clatworthy. He has netted 16 times in his 31 starts, creating an excellent 10 assists and winning 10 MoM accolades with an average rating of 7.42. Such form means that he has been included in the Northern Ireland full international squad, and attracted attention from numerous clubs such as Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Rangers. But as the transfer window closed, The Shots would be delighted to keep Clatworthy for their promotion campaign.

Alfonso de silva Santos- The Andorran international has earned himself 4 caps with his form for Conference side Stevenage. Bagging 16 goals in 28 starts, the 16 year old has helped push Stevenage in to the playoff race. But the explosive striker's disciplinary record is not so good, as he faces an international on match ban, and a match ban in the league for persistant yellow cards.

Robert Dillon- Another player to remain in the conference, Dillon has been a star performer for championship challenging Torquay. Scoring 11 times in 33 games, with 9 assists, 7 MoM awards and a rating of 7.36. Dillon has twice been awarded the Blue square premier player of the month award. This form has attracted the attention of no less than 15 clubs. Although he will remain with Torquay at least until the end of the season.

Fredino- Following his move from Woking, Fredino has been an integral part of 4th placed Scunthorpe's promotion challenge. Given 26 starts, Fredino has repayed his managers faith with 14 goals, 4 MoM awards and an excellent rating of 7.23. A scoring record which makes him the joint third highest scorer in the league. Fredinho has impressed so much that he won the Championship Young player of the month award for december and has recieved repeated praise from his own manager, and opposition managers in the media. Sitting on the fringe of the Welsh international squad, his consistent squad call ups must soon be rewarded with a cap.

Frketson- In a role usually reserved for more experienced players, the 17 year-old Croatian has managed to impress since his move to Wigan. After 16 reserve appearances Frketson has found himself more involved with first team duties recently. Even making a first team start in Wigan's 2-1 defeat to Liverpool. As the centre-back's stock continues to rise, it a matter of time before he earns international recognition and a Premiership appearance.

Pablo Gonzalez- Despite being another youngster who failed to leave the BSP, Gonzalez has been recognised as a potential talent, not only by the Mexican U-19 setup but by Fulham, Zaragoza and Gimnastic. His consistent form for Halifax has impressed the scouts. Making 26 starts, the 17 year-old has hit the net 17 times and won 8 MoM awards with a rating of 7.12. As the transfer window closes, it will be interesting to see at the end of the season if Gonzalez not only leaves the BSP, bt also English football.

Haowan- Despite an early season injury setback, Haowan has shown his driven personality by going from strength to strength. For conference Crawley, Haowan scored 14 times in 21 matches, earning 7 MoM awards and a rating of 7.29. Such form was spotted by Portsmouth, who made a successful £275k bid for the centre forward in the transfer window. Scoring a brace in his debut U-18 appearance, the 17 year-old was named on the bench for Pompey's Premiership encounter with Blackburn. Haowan came on as a late sub in the 2-1 defeat. But it is obvious that Harry Redknapp rates the promising striker.

Congratulations on becoming a Premier league player Haowan! icon14.gif

Juan King- On joining Sunderland Juan made an instant impression. To date he has scored 16 times in 17 Under-18 matches witha 7.50 rating. His form has been recognised by Roy Keane, who after giving him a premiership debut, has continued to name him as a substitute on occasion. This culminated in Keane giving Juan his first ever Premiership start in the away match against Birmingham. Despite a 1-0 defeat, he remained on the pitch for the full 90 minutes and was given a rating of 6. With the obvious favour of his manager, King's career looks promising. Juan was subsequently called up to the Northern Ireland international squad and, shunning his Khazak heritage, was handed his debut cap in the sides 2-1 victory over Denmark. However, it wasn't a dream debut, as King found himself subbed off after 5 minutes due to injury. But despite this minor setback, it looks like we'll be seeing a lot of Juan King in the future. Pun intended icon_wink.gif

Quincy Klapatross- Following his big move to Reading, Quincy has established himself in the Under 18 squad, scoring 3 times in his 12 starts. He has also been recognised as a potential talent internationally, with the Dutch U-21 squad repeatedly calling him up. Although he has yet to make a start. Quincy's big break came in Reading's home match against West Ham. After being named on the bench for various games, Klapatross came on as a late sub. Although he failed to break the 2-2 deadlock, it is clear that another youngster is being nurtured as a future Premiership star.

Callum McCarthy- After his move from Histon to Derby, Callum couldn't have possibly dreamt of the start he has made to his Derby career. Following his first sub appearance, the left sided player has earned himself 8 Premier league starts, 5 sub appearances, a magnificent 3 goals (1 against his favoured club Everton), 1 assist and a MoM award against Bolton! Proving himself to be a revelation for relegation threatened Derby. Although he was originally given the chance at left back, Callum has gone on to make the left wing slot his own as a premiership first team player. He was even named in a premiership team of the week. In addition, Callum has earned 5 Under-21 caps for England, all at left-back, with an average rating of 7.

Which all in all, makes him the most successful player so far! Well done Callum! icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

Brendan Petersen- Despite a stuttering start at Oxford, Brendan soon showed his ability by helping his side in to the playoff fight with a series of solid performances. After 22 starts, he had conceded 23 goals and kept 6 cleans sheets with 1 MoM award and a rating of 6.77. His form attracted a £275k transfer window bid from championship Burnley which was soon accepted. Despite being just 17, the Aussie keeper was thrust straight in to fist team action and has started 3 championship games, conceding 5 goals. Brendan has also found himself a regular in the Australian U-21 side, although he has yet to make an appearance.

Loic Philippens- The Belgian under-19 captain has done himself many favours with his excellent form for Fulham U-18s. After 19 starts he has scored 11, with 5 assists, 5 MoM and a rating of 7.21. This form earned him a spot on the bench in the FA Cup 4th round match against Bolton. Loic was brought on after 78 minutes to break the 0-0 deadlock, and was unlucky to find himself on the losing side as Fulham conceded in the 87th minute. Loic has found himself named amongst the subs in some Premier league matches, and will be hoping to make his debut soon. Despite his relatively recent transfer, West Ham are said to be interested in the expolsive forward. But whether he would leave over-achieving Fulham for bottom placed Hammers, is open to question.

Tom van der Fish- At Grays Tom scored 13 in 21 starts, 6 assists and 7 MoM awards with a rating of 7.38. Form like that simply doesn't stck around too long in a mid-table conference side. And, after much interest in the transfer window, Grays accepted relegation threatened West Ham's bid of £160k and Tom made his move to the Academy of football. In his short time there, Tom has impressed in his 3 U-18 starts. Scoring, creating a goal and claiming a MoM award with a 7.33 rating. It may not be long until Tom joins West Ham's only in form player, Dean Ashton, to help the misfiring hammers.

Arthur White- After his impressive performances early on in his West Brom career, Arthur has gone from strength to strength. The 18 year-old striker has forced his way in to the first team and stayed there with some irresistable performances. In 25 championship matches, Arthur has proved he has little repect for reputation bagging 10 goals for the mid-table Baggies. He has also teed up 6 and been named Man of the match 4 times with an average rating of 7.32. Making him the second highest rated layer in the league. His form has earned him a well overdue call up to the England Under-19 squad, although, inexplicably, he hasn't started! With such excellent form, and a West Brom side that will almost certainly fail to get promoted. White could be due a move to a bigger club next season.(An interesting side note, out of 60 tackles attempted, Arthur has commited 60 fouls!)

Ben Whitehead- Ben suffered a major set back early in the season when he broke his ankle in a match against Staines. After 3 months out the iron-willed winger returned to try and help Salisbury escape relegation. He has now played 19 games, scored 3 and set up 3. But the best news is that at 16, he has showed no ill effects following a serious injury and is set to improve in the future.

Fredino- Following his move from Woking, Fredino has been an integral part of 4th placed Scunthorpe's promotion challenge. Given 26 starts, Fredino has repayed his managers faith with 14 goals, 4 MoM awards and an excellent rating of 7.23. A scoring record which makes him the joint third highest scorer in the league. Fredinho has impressed so much that he won the Championship Young player of the month award for december and has recieved repeated praise from his own manager, and opposition managers in the media. Sitting on the fringe of the Welsh international squad, his consistent squad call ups must soon be rewarded with a cap.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Archived