FM10: Adem Ljajic

CPS

Ljajic profile in real life

ljajicpartizan.jpg

Adem Ljajic is an 18 year old Serbian attacking midfielder currently plying his trade at Partizan Belgrade. Ljajic joined Partizan as a 14 year old and made his debut in a Champions League tie in the 2008-09 season. He has made 57 appearances and scored 12 goals for the Partizan first team to date. Ljajic has also represented Serbia at U-16, U-19 & U-21 level.

In January 2009 Manchester Utd announced the signing of Ljajic and his Serbian compatriot, Zoran Tosic, agreeing to loan Ljajic back to Partizan with the intention of bringing him over to Old Trafford permanently in January 2010. On December 3rd 2009, United controversially decided to terminate the Ljajic deal citing work permit issues.

Ljajic profile in FM10

ljajic102.jpg

The upside of Ljajic's transfer collapse is that he is now available to sign for anyone at the start of the game (10.2 patch) for a knockdown price somewhere between £2.5m-£3m. It should be noted that Ljajic will be granted a British work permit on appeal in the game. Given the right guidance he can develop into a very solid AMC, and is a competent player in various aspects of the game + can also be deployed as an AMR (though not as an MC or MR in the new patch). Here is a screenshot of him coming towards the end of the third season in a 10.1 game. Note that his stats will increase quite quickly given good tutoring and exposure to the first team - he became a wonderkid at 19 and made a very sizeable contribution despite the world class squad of players surrounding him. If he can perform at the same level in 10.2 as he did in 10.1 I think he is a very fine long term investment.

ljajic-2.jpg

In real life, he reminds me of Kaka. He has that elegant touch with the outside of his foot, he glides with his head up and he can beat people repeatedly with the effortless acceleration. I definitely feel he's underrated on FM and, when he moves to a bigger club and gets played, he'll easily have a fixed PA of 180+ in the future games.

He looks good on your save, solid but not quite spectacular, yet. The type of player I love to back up.

Great work on improving his determination and all rounds stats to be honest :thup:

Brilliant thread as well, but thats the usual from you! :)

Thank you, that's very kind - the determination stat flies up when you have tutors of the calibre of Scholes and Giggs. Will have to check out Lodeiro later welshace, not a name I've come across before.

Off topic skuxx but go to the skinning hideout and check out the megapack thread - its about 7 pages long, you'll find what you need there.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone deploy him as an AMR?

Since I have more than enough options in the middle of the park I've stuck him out on the right in a few pre season games and he's been excellent! Just wanted to know if anyone else has had any joy with him in this position?

Cheers,

Mad Brad

Does anyone deploy him as an AMR?

Since I have more than enough options in the middle of the park I've stuck him out on the right in a few pre season games and he's been excellent! Just wanted to know if anyone else has had any joy with him in this position?

Cheers,

Mad Brad

Yeah I've just loaned him in my 3rd season as millwall in the premiership, my middle of the park is Majtic, tim cahill, alverez, michael woods, geovanni and ben Watson so I'm well covered there lol My two right wingers are freddy adu or Ljajic and ljajic is actually putting adu on the bench each game :) i'm kinda 50/50 as to whether to but him yet tho for next season, has he got a lot of potential??

Yeah I've just loaned him in my 3rd season as millwall in the premiership, my middle of the park is Majtic, tim cahill, alverez, michael woods, geovanni and ben Watson so I'm well covered there lol My two right wingers are freddy adu or Ljajic and ljajic is actually putting adu on the bench each game :) i'm kinda 50/50 as to whether to but him yet tho for next season, has he got a lot of potential??

Well he has 3 stars PA. Which given the strength of my team is good. the only thing he's lacking is pace, but he has scored quite a few goals in pre season... might just alternate between him and Valencia and see who comes out on top.

Well Valencia will win I think, hands down everytime. The one thing that I like about Ljajic is his range of skills, he's got 13-16 across most stats, whereas every other right winger is just 16 on crossing and dribbling and that's it! I've yet to have signed a decent winger and adu is playing so poor :( any suggesions on making him good?

yeah but im not wanting to put him as AMC cuz I still have Fletch and Ando, plus quite a few prospects to work in there also. Thats why I'm looking to try and get him to adapt to a AMR role.

i think there are a lot better wingers in the game,ljajic is more of a midfielder,i use him sometimes as playmaker at MC or even defensive mindset MC if needed...i prefer faster wingers,ljajic acceleration is 15 max

i prefer faster wingers,ljajic acceleration is 15 max

Yeah same here. But wingers are of one mind set, leg it to the byline and cross it. Was thinking that putting such an intelligent and creative player in that position would offer something different. Put him AMR for 5 pre season games for one halves, and he scored and assisted more than Valencia did in his halves.

• 1 month later...

Archived