Getting 3D kits in the game

Suge

That way dooesn't seem to work. I'm trying to get them to show up in the 3D ME more than anything. So far i've tried:

1) Adding them in the graphics folder the normal way (like the walktrhough)

2) Extracting the graphics.fmf file, adding them to the eng folder in the 3D kits, writing a new config and overwriting the fmf.

None of these seem to work unless I am doing something drastically wrong.

I have the same problem, and I've been doing the same thing in previous versions of the game, and it's always worked. I've done everything in the step-by-step guide, and ticked and unticked the right boxes, and restarted the game several times. I know I have all the files in the right folders, and same with the config files. Still none of the 3D kits I've downloaded show up. I've downloaded several packs, and none of them work, so I doubt it's a problem with the config files. And I've looked through them, and they look fine. I'm really out of ideas what to do. It's probably a simple solution to it, but I don't understand why it doesn't work.

There you go, where my game is currently saved I can only view FA Cup highlights:

Bolton with above 3D kits added - note the white slash on the shorts

Bolton using default kits - note the shorts are different

Stoke with 3D kits added - you should just be able to make out the red sponsor stripe across the middle

Bare in mind it's not always that easy to see the added kits - as it depends on the pattern and the camera angle you use - the short and sleeve patterns are the easiest to see.

Also if a team has alternative shorts or socks declared the added kits won't show i.e. when Man Utd wear black shorts or white socks with the home kit you'll get the default kits rather than what you added in.

I've found some 3D kits that I want to put in the game. How do I do this and how do I make them show in the ME?

hi

how did you get them work on information screen?

i cant even get them shown on the info screen.

the 2d kits work but 3d not

would be nice if you could tell me how you did it

have a nice day

• 4 months later...

Michael, sorry to bother you but you seem to know what you're doing here.

Following problems getting my old 3D kits to show in matches, I downloaded the 3D kits that you demonstrated in your bolton screenshots... but I still can't get them to show in-game, no matter what I try. I have graphics detail on high, and I'm sure the graphics are in the correct place (for convenience, in an "outfield" subfolder of my kits directory - in which my 2d kits are working fine to show on club information screens). Therefore, I assume that the problem lies within the config.xml file.

First question: once they are working, will the kits show in highlights from previous games? Or does the game have to be first played under the new 3D kits in order to show them later in the highlights? (i.e., will I have to play more games before testing that the new kits are showing in the matches?)

Second: I'm confused by the whole "try to put a year at the end of the config line" thing. :( Obviously, I put /2009 on the end of lines after they originally failed to show, but that had no effect. I tried 2010 as well, but nothing. In desperation, I copied the entire list of config files and pasted them again inside the config list, so there were in fact three lines for each item - one with nothing at the end, one with /2009, and one with /2010. Even that doesn't work. So I'm lost.

Any ideas?

If you have unzipped them somewhere into the graphics folder within the My Documents location then they should show, first make sure you didn't extract them into the same folder as the 2D kits as the 3D kits need a different config file, the lines in the config file for the 3D kits should look like this:

<record from="manutd_home" to="graphics/pictures/team/680/kit_textures/home"/>

The kits should show in previous matches however they'll only show when the team uses the default kit colours if the team is wearing alternative shorts or competition specific kits then download graphics won't show (i.e. if Man Utd wear black shorts or white socks in a match the default kits will be used not the downloaded ones).

The quickest and simplest way to see if the kits are working is to switch one of the graphics around - for example change the name of the Man Utd away kit so it has the same name as the man utd home kit (you'll need to rename the home kit first so you don't overwrite it), if the skin cahce is on or the game is loaded you'll need to turn the skin cache off and reload your skin to reload the graphics, then check one of Utd's previous league home games and they should be using the away kit graphic at home, if they are then it worked, if it didn't work shut the game down and reload it as kit changes don't always update when the game is loaded. (It's easier to do it this way as most of the changes between the normal default kit and correct added kits are minor and not easy to spot).

If it works just switch the names back.

Thanks for that info. :)

The graphics were separate from the 2D kits, being in a subfolder with their own config file (which is the one I was editing). The kits definitely were not showing on previous games, because I kept looking at Bolton home games - the same as your screenshot examples - and they were always using their default white shorts with thick blue stripes down the sides.

I tried playing some games, and then checking, and those games did indeed show the new kits. I'm not sure why, but it does seem that the old highlights failed to update with the new kits. Anyway, hopefully now all is well, so thanks again.

• 5 months later...

Basically, I'm a moron and I haven't got a clue what I've done.

I wanted to change the home and away kits for my PSG 3D kits that show during highlights as they're now playing in red (irl) at home and blue away. I managed it for a game using an in-game editor (FMRTE), but since that one game, they're only playing in their third kit. I've gone back into the editor and everything seems fine.

This may seem like a silly question, but where is the config file actually saved? Would the in-game editor change a config file or make an additional file? I've tried reloading my skin, ticking and unticking the skin cache.

Is there anything I can do/change/make/load that'll bring back my home and away kits? Or is there anything someone can recommend.

I appreciate this post isn't clear, but like I previously mentioned, I'm a moron when it comes to changing things like the above.

Thanks in advance.

Archived