Why can't I win?

I'm managing Plymouth on 10.2 patch, and I can't win! I'm only 4 games in, but I've picked up no points and don't think my tactics are working. I've tried experimenting with different things but none seem to be working. I've lost 3-1 to Palace away, Derby away and Cardiff at

home, and I lost to QPR 1-0 at home. Although the opposition where tough, I could have really got a result from each. I concede within the

first 5 minutes in each? My decisions in matches are supported by the TT10 and they seem to work for a while, before I end up conceding.

I play a very rigid, usually defensive 442, I pass shorter to keep possession, my creative freedom is more disciplined because my team is technically poor, I stand off more because my team are slow, my tackling is mixed for different teams and my players stick to their position because they lack technical ability. I don't fully understand marking so I leave it default and my crossing is set to default.

Also, I play the usuall 442 duties and roels, although I play a quick man/big man strike partnership because Sheridan is 6' 5". The Analysis page suggests I should be winning matches, and I think I usse OI's properly which sometimes changes the game for a bit. My players aren't great but my defensive has improved after a few signings but still I concede 3 goals even when won tackles and interceptions are high!

Any suggestions???

just from reading that bit about your tactics it seems to me you're being to defensive. Your spending so much time trying to defend that you're not attacking. The best form of defence is a good attack.

you could always try my Pedros 4411 tactic but if you really want to create your own you need to be alot more adventurous and try to focus more on breaking the opposition down than defending for your life. The opposition can't score if you've got the ball in their half.

Luka Modric, please, stop writing everywhere how good is your tactic. If someone wants to, he can easily find your "magnificant Pedros 4411 tactic". When someone asks for advice in certain aspects of play, it means that he wants to improve his own tactic. It's starting to be boring, when I find in at least 3 toppics such "advice": "Try my Pedros 411". Btw: you're not the only one who's doing like that.

Luka Modric, please, stop writing everywhere how good is your tactic. If someone wants to, he can easily find your "magnificant Pedros 4411 tactic". When someone asks for advice in certain aspects of play, it means that he wants to improve his own tactic. It's starting to be boring, when I find in at least 3 toppics such "advice": "Try my Pedros 411". Btw: you're not the only one who's doing like that.

I did give him advice douche bag I told him he was being to defensive in his whole approach to creating a tactic or atleast that's what it seemed like in the little bit of info he gave. What advice did you give him????? oohhh that's right none and if I feel like telling someone to try my tactic I will

hi was having the same trouble as you. as i don't like downloading other peoples tactics. but i got a recommender a tactic by Mr Hough so i read tough the thread and every 1 was banning on bout it, so i gave it ago i mush admit its good.

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

I don't like using other peoples tactics, but if push comes to shove I'll try looking at the different tactics to see what I can learn from them. I try work ball into box and it works well until I concede :( Although, I haven't used it from the start of a game. My players do take long range shots

and this is what I do to try and fix it. I'll try being more attacking aswell because my defensive shape is near enough perfect and doesn't need to be improved.

I'm managing Plymouth on 10.2 patch, and I can't win! I'm only 4 games in, but I've picked up no points and don't think my tactics are working. I've tried experimenting with different things but none seem to be working. I've lost 3-1 to Palace away, Derby away and Cardiff at

home, and I lost to QPR 1-0 at home. Although the opposition where tough, I could have really got a result from each. I concede within the

first 5 minutes in each? My decisions in matches are supported by the TT10 and they seem to work for a while, before I end up conceding.

I play a very rigid, usually defensive 442, I pass shorter to keep possession, my creative freedom is more disciplined because my team is technically poor, I stand off more because my team are slow, my tackling is mixed for different teams and my players stick to their position because they lack technical ability. I don't fully understand marking so I leave it default and my crossing is set to default.

Also, I play the usuall 442 duties and roels, although I play a quick man/big man strike partnership because Sheridan is 6' 5". The Analysis page suggests I should be winning matches, and I think I usse OI's properly which sometimes changes the game for a bit. My players aren't great but my defensive has improved after a few signings but still I concede 3 goals even when won tackles and interceptions are high!

Any suggestions???

I have noticed that you haven't mentioned one of the most important aspects of the game considering winning - team morale (or what it is called in English). How is you team morale? If it is lower than 50% this is a key reason in your bad performances. I remember taking over a very good team that had like 30-40% in team morale and it was damn difficult to win. I renewed a bunch of contracts and they all got happy and the results came...

I hope this is the problem you have, because then it is pretty easy to overcome :D

I have noticed that you haven't mentioned one of the most important aspects of the game considering winning - team morale (or what it is called in English). How is you team morale? If it is lower than 50% this is a key reason in your bad performances. I remember taking over a very good team that had like 30-40% in team morale and it was damn difficult to win. I renewed a bunch of contracts and they all got happy and the results came...

I hope this is the problem you have, because then it is pretty easy to overcome :D

My morale is fine, although it is dropping with the poor results. I think it might be my team talks aswell, deos anyone know any team talk guides, I've tried looking but didn't come across anything.

My morale is fine, although it is dropping with the poor results. I think it might be my team talks aswell, deos anyone know any team talk guides, I've tried looking but didn't come across anything.

I don't know any real team talk guides but how I do it is let your assistant handle them pre-match then at halftime unless winning tell them dissappointing most of the time and occasionally angry

if winning at half-time don't get complacent or don't let perf. drop

at fulltime if you win well done and any of my players that get 8 or above delighted

if you lose try not to be to harsh because that will kill confidence so it's best not to lose:D and by all means single out players who have been very crap

use the media too to influence morale and target underperformers

I'm Plymouth too, im absolutely flying atm, 6th after 17 games (no cheating at all) , try using my tactics, I'd use the classic system if I were you :

Positions: http://i48.tinypic.com/2j0f4sx.png

Team Instructions: http://i48.tinypic.com/nqoigz.png

DM instructions: http://i50.tinypic.com/1yjmvt.png

DC instructions: http://i49.tinypic.com/2v92kat.png

If you can, get Gibson on loan for the season, he's an absolute beast in the Championship ;)

I did give him advice douche bag I told him he was being to defensive in his whole approach to creating a tactic or atleast that's what it seemed like in the little bit of info he gave. What advice did you give him????? oohhh that's right none and if I feel like telling someone to try my tactic I will

Stop with the insults or you'll get an infraction.

I'm Plymouth too, im absolutely flying atm, 6th after 17 games (no cheating at all) , try using my tactics, I'd use the classic system if I were you :

Positions: http://i48.tinypic.com/2j0f4sx.png

Team Instructions: http://i48.tinypic.com/nqoigz.png

DM instructions: http://i50.tinypic.com/1yjmvt.png

DC instructions: http://i49.tinypic.com/2v92kat.png

If you can, get Gibson on loan for the season, he's an absolute beast in the Championship ;)

Anyone got any guides or tips on training? Did you use any particular training with your Plymouth team?

Archived