January Challenge - Sport Boys

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NeoAC - March 31st

All right, got this underway. Profile is below.

Me in all my drunken glory.

I told the board I expected to win. It's only one season, who cares if I screw up?

Preseason Results

Union Minas 1 - 2 Sport Boys (Ferrari, Saraz)

Sport Coopsol 0 - 1 Sport Boys (Saraz)

Olimpico (PER) 3 - 1 Sport Boys (Linares)

Deportivo Wanka (hahaha) 0 - 2 Sport Boys (Landauri, Araujo)

AELU 0 - 2 Sport Boys (Corcuera, Herrera)

Bella Esperanza 1 - 1 Sport Boys (Labarthe)

And true to form, my best midfielder suffered a hip injury in the final preseason game. Sigh.

Regular Season (so far)

Sport Boys 4 - 2 Arequipa Total (Corcuera, Herrera (2), Ferrari)

Sport Ancash 1 - 4 Sport Boya (Corcuera, Saraz (2), Araujo)

UMSP 0 - 1 Sport Boys (Cruzado)

Sport Boys 3 - 1 Sporting Cristal (Cruzado (3))

Universitario 2 - 1 Sport Boys (Saraz)

League Table

Thoughts So Far

Yeah, I've been busy.

A pretty good start to the season, against largely inferior competition, save Sporting Cristal, who I'm thrilled to have knocked off, and Universitario, who are better than they're ranking indicates. I lost Oscar Ibanez to flu right before the season opener, and my backup goalie let in 3 goals to the two bottom feeders, so change was needed. It turned out to be a great decision as the guy I signed to replace him, Augusto Rossell (free-FBC Aurora) has usurped the starting title from the veteran Ibanez. Jean Ferrari (free-unattached) has been a steady influence in the midfield, and I unintentionally followed Boskovic's path in signing Fernando Del Solar (1.1M-USMP). It's for a good reason though, as he his one of the best mids available and has definitely shored up my left side. The other signing out of the 17 I made who has panned out well so far would have to be Christopher Escudero (free-Villa Del Mar), who has fit in nicely in the starting RB slot. I have high hopes for Wilberto Cosme (140K-Bogota FC). Signing him lets me move Saraz to the wing or to the AMC slot, and having an all Colombian strike force should work well for chemistry up front.

Tactics

Here's hoping April is as good as March!

Ridleys - Sport Boys

Pre-Season

One-word: Fantastic. I have played all 6 friendlies and won... all 6! and scored 21 goals! After a convincing 5-1 win in my first friendly, away against Lawn Tennis, i didn't concede another goal. I signed Manuel Lopez after the first game and he added experience and fantastic crossing ability, he also scored two goals in total from the next 5 friendlies.

Results

Lawn Tennis (Marino 45) 1 - 5 Sport Boys (Cruzado 13, Gomez 28, Herrera 45, Celis (O.G) 48, Colan 90)

U de Campeones 0 - 2 Sport Boys (Landauri 48, Ibarra 53)

Aviacion 0 - 1 Sport Boys (Herrera 32)

Vigen de Chapi 0 - 7 Sport Boys (Lopez 13, Montano 22, Cruzado 28,58, Duffoo 34, Araujo 63, Nieri 85)

Union Minas 0 - 4 Sport Boys (Nieri 41, Lopez 43, Ibarra 45, Saraz 55)

Alcides Vigo 0 - 2 Sport Boys (Cruzado 27, Monar 87)

Not a bad start icon_razz.gif, i expect the league will be about 1 million times tougher though, so i better get started. icon_biggrin.gif

I think I can get one more up tonight.

NeoAC - April 30th

A good first month saw us battling for the top of the table with perennial powerhouse Alianza Lima. With a match against them in the Peruvian capital at the end of the month, could the boys keep the momentum going until then?

Regular Season (April)

Sport Boys 1 - 0 Bolognesi (Cosme)

Melgar 0 - 3 Sport Boys (Cosme (2), Saraz)

Sport Boys 3 - 1 Deportivo Municipal (Cosme, Herrera, Escudero)

Alizana Atletico 3 - 0 Sport Boys

and the grand finale.......

Alianza Lima 0 - 5 Sport Boys (Cosme (2), Herrera (2), Alvarado (OG))

League Table

Thoughts So Far

Well, that's a heck of a way to bounce back. After the biggest loss of the season, with all three goals coming after the subs were made, we absolutely trounced our biggest rivals. icon_biggrin.gif Cosme has been better than advertised, contributing a goal a game so far. Also his arrival has aroused Jose Herrera out of his slump, as after a 10 hour goalless skid, the other starter has 3 in the last three. As a bonus, Rodrigo Saraz has picked up Peruvian nationality, meaning Montano is back on the bench. With a 5 point lead on the two Alizanas, things are looking rosy right now.

Sport Boys, end of pre-season report, 4th March 2007.

Results

Estudiantes de Medicina (a) 0-0

Lawn Tennis (a) 0-1

Alcides Vigo (a) 6-0

Union Minas (a) 5-1

UNMSM (a) 1-0

Leon de Huanuco (a) 1-1

A mixed bag of results with three wins, two draws and a single defeat. I was very impressed that we only conceded three goals yet scored thirteen and we missed two penalties with no scored rebounds so that could of been more goals. Out of the three we conceded one was a goalkeeper error with the other two not particularly great so I was extreme pleased on that front. I mixed the tactics about and seem to have found the right mix along with the right mix of players.

I haven't managed to bring anyone in yet, mainly because no scout has yet applied although Avil Diaz left us for 1k. We had 8 different players score which was pleasing with 9 different player claiming at least one assist which shows that the goals are coming from everywhere.

With a bit of luck and a few changes I'm quite confident of meeting the media expectation of 6th. icon14.gif

fixture update

well, its not looking great. 4 draws and a loss in April, down to 7th in the league and the fans are unhappy...

i'm sacking off my 3-4-1-2 in favour of a 4-4-2 diamond for the next few games. i'm also missing a couple of key players through injury, so when they return i'm hoping for a few goals...

oh, and i've got a new guy joining on 01/07. Some guy called Junior Ross for £1m who i hope will help us in the close, if i'm still employed.

Not a bad preseason at all --- 6-0 (outscoring my opponents 17-3) --- 9 different players with at least one goal (5 players with at least 2), 10 players with an assist. 8 goals and 9 assists from my projected first-teamers. Only problem I can see so far is staff and budget...my backroom staff is virtually non-existent, (AssMan is decent, fitness coach is okay...physio --god forbid I have someone stub a toe!). No scouts---and so far unable to entice anyone to join. Adding to the problem is complete lack of transfer funds---and starting out £400 over wage budget---despite what appears to be a strong starting team (with backup) this will prove a challenge I think.

Off to the first competitive matches of the season...!

I am noticing one extremely serious problem here.

I went in with 3.5k Wage Budget left. GDK has a budget he is already over and others are even further under.

And neither of us got any transfer budget, yet there are some of you out there with 1.4m or more, this makes it completely unbalanced, just to point it out...

A lot of action in the transfer window - I promised to win the title. The team is already quality I don't see why not.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8663/transfersac3.png

Friendly results

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1400/resultsyx8.png

The only loss was before I got there. Quality wins and all clean sheets against the first load of teams, eventually the all-greys held me to a draw but I'm not disappointed. If I can duplicate that form in the league it's good times ahead icon_cool.gif

(note the 1-6 odds to win the first game of the season O_O)

Not sure what indication my form in pre season friendlies will hold towards the regular season.

So far I have had the following results

vs Deportivo Wanka (A) 4-1 win

vs Leon de Huanuco (A) 5-1 win

vs Union Minas (A) 4-2 win

vs Lawn Tennis (A) 2-0 win

I have not actually bought anyone yet, favouring the process of seeing who I actually have in the building. After playing Dafuge challenge all the players look pretty good to me and it might take me a while to adjust.

Johnnier Montano is playing in an AMC role with farrow. Scored 4 in 4 with another assist so far. Keeping him fit is clearly going to be key for my season.

Originally posted by kccircle:

Not sure what indication my form in pre season friendlies will hold towards the regular season.

So far I have had the following results

vs Deportivo Wanka (A) 4-1 win

vs Leon de Huanuco (A) 5-1 win

vs Union Minas (A) 4-2 win

vs Lawn Tennis (A) 2-0 win

I have not actually bought anyone yet, favouring the process of seeing who I actually have in the building. After playing Dafuge challenge all the players look pretty good to me and it might take me a while to adjust.

Johnnier Montano is playing in an AMC role with farrow. Scored 4 in 4 with another assist so far. Keeping him fit is clearly going to be key for my season.

Standard of friendlies to actual league games is quite different. Think i'll be dipping into the transfer market!

Well, after a very average month in April I started mixing it up a bit in May, with noticable results...

May Results

So, my record for the month was P5 W0 D1 L4 F1 A8

I figured I was on borrowed time. Confidence was at an all time low as we hadn't won in 10 games. So a match against the last team we did beat seemed like a great opportunity.

Unfortunately Bolgnesi beat us 1-0...

Then we had a resurgence. We won the next game against Alianza Lima 3-1, then we beat Deportivo Municipal 2-0 and it all looked much better. I had strikers returning from injury and it was all rosey again...

Then we had a game against Arequipa Total, the absolute whipping boys of the division. We were 50-1 to win. Only a bunch of idiots with a monkey for a manager could screw this up...

One 0-0 draw later

Now, by my reckoning, since Bosko was sacked earlier than me, that put's me top of the league... icon_biggrin.gif

April 30th

League table.

A very poor second month, with two draws and three losses.

Sport Boys - Deportivo Municipal: 2-2

Arequipa Total - Sport Boys: 0-0

Sport Boys - USMP: 0-1

Clenciano - Sport Boys: 1-0

Bolognesi - Sport Boys: 4-0

The injury gods haven't been kind on me, but that's no excuse. The team has been playing like a bunch of drunken schoolboys.

I don't think I'll last until the end of the season. After the 4-0 trouncing by Bolognesi - a match we were clear favorites to win - the board are very disappointed with me. I'm way on top in the Job Security screen, with a job status of "Precarious."

So it's safe to say that I need to win my next match, or I'm history. Considering we're playing league leaders Alianza Atletico next, and we haven't scored in 4 matches, it's not looking good.

Originally posted by CoachFlu:

So it's safe to say that I need to win my next match, or I'm history. Considering we're playing league leaders Alianza Atletico next, and we haven't scored in 4 matches, it's not looking good.

Well, I dodged the bullet. The first one, anyway.

We managed to win 4-0 against the league leaders, building on an early penalty goal, and then scoring fairly easily for a change.

Not out of the woods yet though. The board are now only disappointed, no longer very. And precarious changed to "Very Insecure." So we'll have to keep performing for at least a few more matches.

May 30th

League Table

A better month than April, at least, but I still wouldn't call us "back on track."

Results:

Sport Boys - Alianza Atlético: 4-0

Sport Boys - Melgar: 1-0

Alianza Lima - Sport Boys: 4-0

Sport Boys - Universitario: 0-0

Sport Ancash - Sport Boys: 3-1

The first win was crucial, since that brought my job status back from "Precarious" to "Very Insecure," where it has remained for the rest of the month.

Seven points in May isn't great, but it's decent, and we generally played better, even in the heavy 4-0 loss against defending champions Alianza Lima, which was a very even match.

The last match of the month was another poor showing though, and 11th placed Sport Ancash pretty much played us off the field.

Team morale is rock bottom, so climbing out of this rut won't be easy. I could get the sack any day now. We play the team in second place next - hopefully we can start June like we did May, and I can survive a few more matches.

June 13th

That's all, folks.

Ah well. After a terrible April, I was fighting a losing battle.

June results:

Sport Boys - Sporting Cristal: 3-3

USMP - Sport Boys: 1-0

Deportivo Municipal - Sport Boys: 1-2

Sport Boys - Arequipa Total: 0-0

Not a terrible stretch, but the 1-0 loss at USMP, for which we were favorites, knocked the job status back to "Precarious." A good win against one of our rivals delayed my execution, but when we failed to score against the team in last place, I knew the firing squad would be waiting.

So I lasted until June 13th, a total of 19 matches, 5-7-7 (22pts), 21 goals scored, 26 conceded.

Better luck, everyone else!

You guys seem to have it easy in your league... 12 games in, Alianza Lima still have not lost in my game and have only drawn twice, once to me... and im struggling to stay close in 2nd place with a loss or two.

Fun challenge though, and how come the only team Sport Ancash and Arequipa Total can scrape points off are me!?

NeoAC - May 31th

The Sport Boys are on top of the table, and I'm quickly becoming the toast of Callao. But will the Men in Pink keep their run going?

Regular Season (May)

Sport Boys 2 - 0 Cienciano (Cosme, Saraz)

Arequipa Total 0 - 2 Sport Boys (Cosme, Montano)

Sport Boys 1 - 0 Sport Ancash (Saraz)

Sport Boys 3 - 1 USMP (Cosme, Herrera, Galliquio (OG))

Sporting Cristal 2 - 0 Sport Boys

Thoughts So Far

Well, that's a heck of a way to bounce back. After the biggest loss of the season, with all three goals coming after the subs were made, we absolutely trounced our biggest rivals. Big Grin Cosme has been better than advertised, contributing a goal a game so far. Also his arrival has aroused Jose Herrera out of his slump, as after a 10 hour goalless skid, the other starter has 3 in the last three. As a bonus, Rodrigo Saraz has picked up Peruvian nationality, meaning Montano is back on the bench. With a 5 point lead on the two Alizanas, things are looking rosy right now.

Sigh. Ignore the above post please.

NeoAC - May 31th

The Sport Boys are on top of the table, and I'm quickly becoming the toast of Callao. But will the Men in Pink keep their run going?

Regular Season (May)

Sport Boys 2 - 0 Cienciano (Cosme, Saraz)

Arequipa Total 0 - 2 Sport Boys (Cosme, Montano)

Sport Boys 1 - 0 Sport Ancash (Saraz)

Sport Boys 3 - 1 USMP (Cosme, Herrera, Galliquio (OG))

Sporting Cristal 2 - 0 Sport Boys

League Table

Thoughts So Far

Well, over halfway through the Opening Stage and we're still sitting pretty. I think it's a safe bet to say I'm going to be here past June 13th icon_wink.gif Cosme's continued to lead the offense, picking up another 3 goals. I'm going say it again. He's worth every penny I paid for him. Anyone starting this challenge might want to look into picking him up.

February Overview

I thought it would be a good idea to use the pre-season friendlies as an oppurtunity to test out some tactics. Tactic 1, 2 and 3.

Tactic 1

Estudiantes de Medicina 1 - 1 Sport Boys] (Herrara)

Union Minas 1 - 4 Sport Boys (Cruzado x2, Saraz, Herrara)

Tactic 2

Alcides Vigo 0 - 1 Sport Boys (Marengo)

Lawn Tennis 2 - 2 Sport Boys (Saraz x2)

Tactic 3

Deportivo Wanka 0 - 2 Sport Boys (Saraz, Gonzalez)

Virgin de Chapi 0 - 0 Sport Boys

Tactic 1 - Some goalscoring power and good amount of chances created.

Tactic 2 - Good goal amount but poor performances both times.

Tactic 3 - Quality defence but lack of goalscoring chances.

Have chosen to start the season off with tactic 3 icon_smile.gif

Finance - Profit of £137,914.

Overall - Solid Start.

End of Opening Stae Update

Things have gone well. Most of the managers are really ticked off with me but the results have been going my way. It's just annoying how Alianza Lima were damn near unbeatable. At the end of the opening stage I finish in second, if I had scored 1 more goal in one of those draws I probably would have been first overall >_<

http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=50137890rp2.jpg

Sidney Faiffer and Sergio Ibarra are both joint top scorers at the moment with 8 goals each.

Highest average rating of 7.43 so far is Alessandro Moran at Right Mid. He is also top of the assist charts with 5.

With an average of 1.5 goals scored a game and 0.6 goals a game conceded it shows just how strong the team is as a whole.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">January Challenge Leaderboard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Username Achievements

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CoachFlu Sacked on 13.6.07 (was 7th in opening stage)

migwar Sacked on 13.6.07 (was 9th in the opening stage)

Boskovic Sacked on 3.6.07 (was 11th in opening stage) </pre>

February Review - Pre Season

The squad looked pretty good so my only initial signings were a few backup players and a right back who should go straight into my first team. Now I've finally got some scouts in I should be able to have a proper look around and start thinking about improving my team.

The friendlies went pretty well with six straight away wins:

Somos Aduanas 1-4

UNMSM 1-2

Lawn Tennis 0-3

Estudiantes de Medicina 0-6

Aviacion 0-2

Sport Coopsol 1-3

March and April Review - Half way through the opening stage

Just as my scouts were getting their arses in gear the transfer window closed so my only signing was a Brazilian striker who looks like he will become a spectacular waste of £180k.

Results

Didn't get the best of starts, conceding 5 goals in my first match. Things got worse as I repeated the feat in my next away game, losing to Alianza Lima 1-5.

League Table

Despite the poor start, things are looking better and I may be in with a chance of fulfilling my promise to the board that I would challenge for the title.

Squad

I'm still getting to know the players, so I'm not really sure what my strongest 11 is, none of them have really stood out as being star players.

Archived