Using Multiple Tactics/Formations

Hi all,

In my current save, I am managing Spurs in 2016. I took over in the middle of last season, guiding them from 11th to 6th and europa league qual. Previously in this save, I have managed Corinthians (won Copa do Brazil and Copa Sud.), then CSKA Moscow (2 league titles, Russian cup, semi-final Eurocup) - In managing these teams, I used a 442 variant of mine, and made good use of in-game shouts and mentality tweaking.

However, in the beginning of this season, I have struggled in the premier league. I then tried a different approach, and I used several tactics: A 442 Diamond when I play am at home or heavy favorite away, a 4132 when away or against superior opposition, and a 451 I used when my ass. man suggests the opposition will struggle against it. I should also note that I apply ass. man. advice, and tweak the tactics in game using shouts or changing mentality, as the game develops (in 3d). I have since gone on a 20+ game unbeaten (some of them draws), and finished the season 3rd.

I wonder if anyone else uses mutiple tactics/formations for different games, depending on the opposition, or do you stick to just the one? also, I would like to know how is that working out for you, and am I possibly damaging team gelling by changing the tactics/formation frequently?

Archived