Please could someone help!! Annoying problem

RobbieStart

right basically i have downloaded some logos, when i go to extract them to the sports interactive folder using win war the folder is not there, also everytime i go on football manager it is creating a sports interactive folder everytime i use it! im using windows 7 operating system if thats any good to anyone?? help needed thanks :)

Where are you looking for your folder? In windows 7 it should be here by default:

C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010

You need to create a folder in that location (the name doesn't matter much but people tend to use 'graphics') to add your logos to. Where is FM creating a folder? It should create some folders on first run in the location above but then nothing after that. Are you saying it's creating the folder then deleting it when you exit?

Can you save things to that location outside of FM? Just any old file, try moving it to that location.

Where are you looking for your folder? In windows 7 it should be here by default:

C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010

You need to create a folder in that location (the name doesn't matter much but people tend to use 'graphics') to add your logos to. Where is FM creating a folder? It should create some folders on first run in the location above but then nothing after that. Are you saying it's creating the folder then deleting it when you exit?

Can you save things to that location outside of FM? Just any old file, try moving it to that location.

basically yes everytime i go on it it opens another folder, so now i can extract fils but only because its opened yet another folder if you get me?

Right, lets get this straight:

1. When you go to C:\Users\<yourname>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 it doesn't exist.

2. When you run FM 2010 it creates that folder.

3. When you exit FM 2010 that folder is deleted.

Correct?

Please try and explain in as much detail as you can exactly what happens and in what order.

Also next time you load FM go into the Preferences menu and check the location of your User Data Folder - you can try setting it back to default to see if that fixes it (or move it close the game, reload the game and set back to default).

Did you get any error messages when you installed the game?

Have you messed around with the shortcut you use to launch FM?

Is your Windows 7 account an admin account or limited account?

Archived