clearing corners.. (and also taking corners to the man on the edge of the box?)

i cant for the life of me figure out how to stop this..

i take a corner, it gets headed away and goes in the general direction of my man who has been told to "stay back" --pretty much for things like this, anyhow he'll take the worst touch known to man and the ball goes to the other team who laugh at my player's incompetence and clears the ball.

i have the full backs stay back, and it doesnt seem to matter if im barca or sunderland, i still get the same behaviour.

another thing i've seen from the AI, is that they'll take a corner and it'll go to the man on the edge of the box who has a free long range shot, how'd i set this up?

i tried everything but couldnt prevent conceding goals from corners.nothing works.if AI team must score,corners are one of the best ways.

Why not change your default setup to combat this. I rarely conceed from corners now.

No. What I meant was look at how you conceed from corners and address that situation. I had problems with far post tap ins and got an extra body to cover there and eliminated that concern. It is not a one match fix all solution but it helped me.

another thing i've seen from the AI, is that they'll take a corner and it'll go to the man on the edge of the box who has a free long range shot, how'd i set this up?

I have this problem- it looks totally absurd - how did my team fail to mark this guy? they always score!

I feel totally cheated in this situation, in real life no team would fail to mark a player in what is so clearlly a dangerous position.

I left my marking setting on default - looking through the default setting i cannot see any changes to make that would address this problem.

I have this problem- it looks totally absurd - how did my team fail to mark this guy? they always score!

I feel totally cheated in this situation, in real life no team would fail to mark a player in what is so clearlly a dangerous position.

I left my marking setting on default - looking through the default setting i cannot see any changes to make that would address this problem.

I don't suffer this but as I am work now I can't remember what I did to setup differently from default to combat it.

The AI are also using their tall CF for lurk, which drags a tall defender out of box. Set pieces appear to be an AI exploit as even with a 5 man wall this can end up with 3 when AI score, which is also the case when AI lurk is left unmarked. The AI also appear to change set up on a regular basis during a match.

Aston Villa v Chelsea at Villa Park. Look at the marking in that game.

In the default corner setup it leaves 4 or 5 people not doing anything. Change at least 3 of them to man mark and it will help. And don't have both of your CB's mark tallest player because height doesn't really matter in the ME, just tell one of them to go on tallest player, other to Man Mark. Leave 1 or 2 speedy forwards/wingers on stay forward.

Archived