Tactic to aviud relegation?

My attempt to far creating own tactics pretty much sucked so I hope anyone has some decent 10.2 tactic for this lying around and can help me out.

Besides my normal savegames where I try to improve my squad as far as my finances allow me to, I started one "fun save" where I try to get the job done with just freebies. Started up with german first divisionist Bochum (Expectation: Avoid relegation, and only two new faces in the squad in RL), sold all but two, loaned those two out and hired this squad:

freebie.png

My feeling after the first half of the season is that the players would be good enough, but their manager (aka me :)) sucks in using the right tactic. Guess the only reason why my board is patient are the finances and the wages :)

I usually improve my squads to be at least top half finish material so I can play some attacking tactic most of my games and have no clue how to set up a decent defending tactic.

Hope someone can help me here.

What I always do is look at the best 10 outfield players and depending on what team you are this will probably tell you what formation to use. For example if you have 1 decent striker but 3 decent cbs there is no point playin 4-4-2 when you could be playing a 4-5-1.

Archived