FM10 - 10.2 - Bazblocks Old School 4-4-2 .. 112 points first season with Leeds

Hello there

this is my first time in doing this so be kind!

i thought id share this tactic with you and im having unbelievable success with it...

It is a 442 tactic pretty straight forward.. but all the players support each other back n forth.. ( I NEVER CHANGED THIS TACTIC HOME OR AWAY)

50541380.jpg

Positions

All players need some pace and be able to pass the ball

LCB- the slower of the 2 cb to cover

RCB- the better tackler n work rate if he makes a mistake the LCB is there to clean up

LCM- defensive mid high work rate is key

RCM- i have him on high long shots so this stat is pretty useful

LS- target man big n strong with good heading and passing

RS- poacher quick with decent finishing

69957327.jpg

Table

(i won first 40 games then had 8 first team players injured was gutted!)

85656883.jpg

after losing my first game i was gutted and let the ass man take over and he also lost one lol nearly undefeated!

As i stated i never changed this tactic either playing home or away' all i used was assistant managers advice on opposition instructions before the game, at half time and round about 70-75 mins to alter for the AI subs..

Also used tugs trainging :)

If youd like to try this out,any comments or advice would be welcomed and thank you

http://www.filefront.com/15295539/Bazblocks%204-4-2%20%28Leeds%2C%20May%202010%29.tac

or

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8zem1a

or

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a17e08b/n/Bazblocks_4-4-2_Leeds_May_2010_.tac

So basically the goals are coming from strikers only. Interesting. I'm playing a 4-4-2 as well but I'm struggling defensively so I find myself having to play a three man midfield against good opposition. How good are your defenders compared to the rest of the league? Because your goal difference is pretty impressive there.

Also interesting to see that letting your assistant manager handle the team talks and OIs works for you because my ass man seems a bit of an idiot really even though his attributes are pretty good. Whenever I ask him to do OIs, he always sets them for too many players, especially closing down which results in my defenders being drawn out of position pretty often. Also 99% of the time he just gives the "For the fans!" team talk before the game.

So basically the goals are coming from strikers only. Interesting. I'm playing a 4-4-2 as well but I'm struggling defensively so I find myself having to play a three man midfield against good opposition. How good are your defenders compared to the rest of the league? Because your goal difference is pretty impressive there.

Also interesting to see that letting your assistant manager handle the team talks and OIs works for you because my ass man seems a bit of an idiot really even though his attributes are pretty good. Whenever I ask him to do OIs, he always sets them for too many players, especially closing down which results in my defenders being drawn out of position pretty often. Also 99% of the time he just gives the "For the fans!" team talk before the game.

my defence wasnt amazin but kisnorbo is pretty good, i paired him with a young huntington as i dont like bromby on the game.. young left back in parker and slow right back in crowe .... so overall it could have been better

my ass man is the same as when i took over i havent replaced any of the coaching staff

do you ever change the philosophy? i.e. to attack when loosing?

yea wen im losing i change to attacking or wen im playing really poor team in a cup .... now and again i also use side line instructions get ball forward and hassle opponents

Okay bazblock you've made an amazing tactic!

Here are the results of my Bayern save:

4-0 win vs. Weiden

3-1 win vs. SW Rehden

---------------------------- First two matches were a bit shaky, but from now on they're on fire!

2-0 win vs. Nürnberg

3-1 win vs. Hannover

4-0 win vs. Hoffenheim

7-0 win vs. Gladbach

Okay bazblock you've made an amazing tactic!

Here are the results of my Bayern save:

4-0 win vs. Weiden

3-1 win vs. SW Rehden

---------------------------- First two matches were a bit shaky, but from now on they're on fire!

2-0 win vs. Nürnberg

3-1 win vs. Hannover

4-0 win vs. Hoffenheim

7-0 win vs. Gladbach

thanks for the feedback!!

im in my second season and i left if late to bring in players and i can see the difference as the team still needs to gel ... but its getting there

not to take the shine off...but my friend had a leeds game and played a flat 4-4-2 like yours and got i think 105 points... beckford scored 38 or someting like that. my point being this tactic probably works so well because leeds have a far superior team to anyone in the division.

not to take the shine off...but my friend had a leeds game and played a flat 4-4-2 like yours and got i think 105 points... beckford scored 38 or someting like that. my point being this tactic probably works so well because leeds have a far superior team to anyone in the division.

Not much different to other tactics been tested with manu/chelsea then?

useing this tactic with lincoln city only brought malcom christie free/ ryan conroy 10k and paul marshall loan played 23 won 12 draw 9 lost 2 36 goals 19 con 3rd rnd both cups if i can get a few more decent players think i will win more so looks promiseing and if you look at lincolns side they no good players thanks

I like this tactic, i'm playing with Spurs and it suits us well.

It was working fine, I was 4th in December but halfway through the season I adjusted it. I changed the more defensive of the cm's to deep lying playmaker (to suit Huddlestone). I changed the target man to a trequarista to suit Keane (who is awesome in that role, and supplying Defoe with loads of goals). And I also changed the left winger to an attacking wide midfielder to suit Modric. Since then, the results have been even better and i'm unbeaten for three months. I'm currently 2nd in the league in mid-march, and Defoe just scored 5 goals in a game.

I love the simplicity of it, which gives it great flexibility to adjust to my players.

Started well so far, conceded more than I would've liked so I changed the CB from cover to defend & fullbacks to defend also.

Tried Beckford as you said as the poacher but didnt work well at all so I am using him as the target man and its working wonders. P:10 S:10 A:5

Best result so far;

nwg6lf.jpg

Beckfordd!! :p

Bazblock,

No screenshots, but that tactic has pushed my team over the top. I have been fighting in League 2 for three season with Shrewsbury, always making the playoffs but unable to win the final three when it mattered. However, we are halfway through season 4 and the top 3 (including the Shrew) are putting distance between ourselves and the rest of the League. The tactic fixed the sieve that was my defense while keeping the goals coming in.

Also, I took an "international" job to see that aspect of the game, and I have begun using the tactic with the Albania U-21 team. So far, the results are promising as we have won two games in Euro qualifying against Russia and Finland. Too bad I didn't get hired in time to ensure qualification, but this should help in the future.

Great work!

I've been using this tactic for around a season and half now, and it managed to save my somewhat faltering second half of a season and secure me a European spot (I'm playing as Stoke, but I'm in 2022 and have been in Europe every year since about 2013). In the first full season using it I came 2nd in the Prem, to Man City but it came down to the last game we both won and they were Champions by 2 points, and I also reached the Champions League final in extra time, again to Man City :(

I have however made a couple of tweaks to the original tactic, I've set both the centre backs to defend rather than the cover set up. And I've changed the ball winning midfielder instruction to support, switching back to defend if I want to protect a lead.

All in all this tactic does seem pretty solid the strikers seem to get plenty of goals and the results are in general good, although as some have mentioned one does seem to concede a few more goals than would be ideal but as I say results for me have been good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived