FM10 New Tactic: The Return of Typhon

I'm testing some tactics for 10.2 patch

Holidayed until 27 May, and this was the result:

realmadridtyphon.png

And won the Spanish cup in final 2-0 against Barcelona :)

Looks like a good test Run :D

Did you Holiday it on the Home Tactic or the Away? I am assuming the Home

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You say that lowering the closing down is working well! and yet you are conceding more than before?

In what sense is this working well? are the players behaving more like you want/expect?

I am struggling to understand this a little, but that may just be me :D

confused my self a little bit haha

to be honest dont know what i have done with this tatic now think i tweaked the defence way to much why i was conceding a lot

anyways i went back to the orignal tatic and put the full backs closing down a little bit down, thats the way i am playing at the moment leave it at that lol

confused my self a little bit haha

to be honest dont know what i have done with this tatic now think i tweaked the defence way to much why i was conceding a lot

anyways i went back to the orignal tatic and put the full backs closing down a little bit down, thats the way i am playing at the moment leave it at that lol

Makes more sense now lol

I am currently trying it out with the nike defence but with the stopper on Tight Man Marking and the Cover on Tight Zonal, Same closing down for both, Seems to be working well so far

Interesting,

I must admit i havent tried using the Away Version in Home Games.

Maybe i should give it a go,

Did you Holiday with the Home as well? If so how did that Perform?

No, only used the Away, i didn't even knew there where 2 version LOL only now you asked about it i realized :p

Did another test and ended the spanish league in 5th using the away tactic again but in Sevilla (holidayed)

No, only used the Away, i didn't even knew there where 2 version LOL only now you asked about it i realized :p

Did another test and ended the spanish league in 5th using the away tactic again but in Sevilla (holidayed)

Not sure if thats a good season or a bad season lol

As i dont Play in Spain so not sure what they are predicted, but sounds as if its is about where they would be expected to finish so nothing spectacular,

I am still sure that the defensive part of the tactic needs a few tweaks as io do not feel it is really solid enough, i am trying a few things out currently and will hopefully be able to update with a hopefully more solid defense soon

You see the reasults has you wanted, i'm just telling what happened...

I think 5th is a good reasult, most of the times Sevilla finishes in 7th, 8th... etc

I was thinking that Sevilla were predicted higher, so if 7th or 8th is usual then great, seems as though it worked really well,

Have you had a go with the Home Tactic,

And thanks again for testing it, at least i know it doesnt just work for my team lol

I was thinking that Sevilla were predicted higher, so if 7th or 8th is usual then great, seems as though it worked really well,

Have you had a go with the Home Tactic,

And thanks again for testing it, at least i know it doesnt just work for my team lol

Sorry to everyone, but I made a mistake

this is the real league table with Sevilla

sevillaa.png

Only 3 points behind Real Madrid

Did not tried the tactic myself, without holidaying, can't give more feedback then this ;)

I have been trying this tactic for a little while now on my Sweden international save with mixed success. Obviously I am more limited with the players I can use to fit the system but having read a few posts and looked at my results analysis more accurately I think I have tweaked this into a system that can really work for me.

I was mainly having problems with consistency with the tactic. I would get a great result like beating France away and then draw at home to Armenia in the next game when everyone else is beating them by 5 goals or more. Cleon gave me some links to some posts about tweaking tactics and spotting common problems in tactics and I think I might have managed to work it for me. Ill keep going with it in the next qualifying campaign and hopefully I can post some positive results and then Ill try and remember the tweaks I made!

Thanks for a good tactic! Keep up the good work!

I have been trying this tactic for a little while now on my Sweden international save with mixed success. Obviously I am more limited with the players I can use to fit the system but having read a few posts and looked at my results analysis more accurately I think I have tweaked this into a system that can really work for me.

I was mainly having problems with consistency with the tactic. I would get a great result like beating France away and then draw at home to Armenia in the next game when everyone else is beating them by 5 goals or more. Cleon gave me some links to some posts about tweaking tactics and spotting common problems in tactics and I think I might have managed to work it for me. Ill keep going with it in the next qualifying campaign and hopefully I can post some positive results and then Ill try and remember the tweaks I made!

Thanks for the feedback,

What problems did you identify? and what did you do to combat these?

Would be great to hear what you have tweaked/Changed and why?

Did you check 'Assistant manager takes control of team talks'?

I am not sure if it makes a difference if you tick the Assistant manager takes team talks prior to going on Holiday,

As i understand it the assistant manager takes over all duties anyway so would do this regardless.

I am prepared to be proven wrong mind you, as that is just my thoughts and opinion

Have you managed to play any more of your International Save with this tactic yet?

Have you had much success if you have?

Also, if you have made some tweaks to improve it as you said i would be interested to hear them

coming to the end of the 2nd season and the defence has just gone lost 3-1 to everton got a scrapy 1-0 to sunderland and just got beat off city 4-0 all away these games

the defence has been geting ratings under 5 in the first half and then between 5.5 and 6.3 in the second half dont know if its lack of form think i will have to try and tweak the tatic, hate it when football manger dose this to me

coming to the end of the 2nd season and the defence has just gone lost 3-1 to everton got a scrapy 1-0 to sunderland and just got beat off city 4-0 all away these games

the defence has been geting ratings under 5 in the first half and then between 5.5 and 6.3 in the second half dont know if its lack of form think i will have to try and tweak the tatic, hate it when football manger dose this to me

I am very surprised at those ratings!!!!!

I have played with this tactic for a good few seasons now and very rarely have i seen a 5 or lower, only really get 5.5's etc when own goals are scored or a penalty has been given away.

What tweaks have you made to the defence as it seems to be having a terrible impact on your defensive performances

Is it just these 3 games you have seen this in? How have they been doing before hand? where are you in the league?

managed to save my season and yea just them 3 games my defence fell apart big time all i did was take the cloosing down a few nothces down with my center backs and moved my dm to cm postion but with arrows pointing back managed to beat city seem as i had them away then home next game then beat arsenal and beat fulham to win the league also won the league cup and f.a cup

well the f.a cup ended up easy i beat burnley to get to the final n the other game was chelesa stoke then to my suprise stoke won so ended up a easy final

into 3rd season and just been beat by chelsea in charity sheild and one peice of advice never buy ribery he will do amazing at times then he will do terible shame he is to greedy and no team are willing to pay his wages got to keep hold of him

the man city game thati lost 4-0 i was shocked jonny evans on a 4.6 wes brown on a 5.0 and the full backs on something like 5.1 even hugo lorris was on a 6.0 dont know what happend

managed to save my season and yea just them 3 games my defence fell apart big time all i did was take the cloosing down a few nothces down with my center backs and moved my dm to cm postion but with arrows pointing back managed to beat city seem as i had them away then home next game then beat arsenal and beat fulham to win the league also won the league cup and f.a cup

well the f.a cup ended up easy i beat burnley to get to the final n the other game was chelesa stoke then to my suprise stoke won so ended up a easy final

into 3rd season and just been beat by chelsea in charity sheild and one peice of advice never buy ribery he will do amazing at times then he will do terible shame he is to greedy and no team are willing to pay his wages got to keep hold of him

the man city game thati lost 4-0 i was shocked jonny evans on a 4.6 wes brown on a 5.0 and the full backs on something like 5.1 even hugo lorris was on a 6.0 dont know what happend

Well a Treble is certainly nothing to complain about :D

Sounds like overall you have it working for you, just a few blips along the way,

or yea been a very good tatic just had a little panic when it nearly lost me the league but they sorted there selfs out well jonny evans never he got droped for the rest of the seeason just got a amazing price for a terible regen of 5 mill from sunderland who seems to want all of my poor players like john o shea played terible the full season but played near enough every game for them they are asking for some fizzy pop league football

i try hard to tweak the def ! going to test them then post it here !

some notes for better results :

- the wingers ,, try to use left footed in right winger ,, and right footed in left winger ,, that will increase the goal threat coz i noticed that wingers play like inside forwarders

- u need a good dribbling and pace ( for the left forward )

- try to tweak the def corners ,, i struggle alot from them ,, i used the right forward ( dzeko ) to cover the near post ( concede the most from that area )

- edit the forward in away tactic ,, the away ( i think ) swap the forwards

that notes helped me alot !

my results finished like 1-0 ,,, 2-1 ,, but still winning

maybe they need some time to adjust to the tactic !

i try hard to tweak the def ! going to test them then post it here !

some notes for better results :

- the wingers ,, try to use left footed in right winger ,, and right footed in left winger ,, that will increase the goal threat coz i noticed that wingers play like inside forwarders

- u need a good dribbling and pace ( for the left forward )

- try to tweak the def corners ,, i struggle alot from them ,, i used the right forward ( dzeko ) to cover the near post ( concede the most from that area )

- edit the forward in away tactic ,, the away ( i think ) swap the forwards

that notes helped me alot !

my results finished like 1-0 ,,, 2-1 ,, but still winning

maybe they need some time to adjust to the tactic !

I have implemented some of these tweaks and have found that they are improvements,

I have put the two wingers on swap position and to Cut in and this has made them more of a goal threat,

I have put the Right Forward to mark the Far Post at defensive corners and this has cut out many of the AI's goals from those deep corners,

I have also been playing around with the defebsive line but i am not totally happy with it as an improvemen yet.

Have you had any further success?

Has anyone else got any advice for some improvements?

Thanks PVentress. Only tried it for one game so far and won 3-1 dominted the game on shots, shots on target & possesion.

But for some reason you can't shout out stuff from the touchline e.g. 'Get stuck in' or 'Get forward' etc.. Could you explain why not pal?

Thanks PVentress. Only tried it for one game so far and won 3-1 dominted the game on shots, shots on target & possesion.

But for some reason you can't shout out stuff from the touchline e.g. 'Get stuck in' or 'Get forward' etc.. Could you explain why not pal?

The Tactic is built using the Classic sliders,

As a result the shouts become inactive, they are only compatible with Tactic Creator Tactics

would be happy to have a lower league one, could never make a formation with wingers used to have to play 4-3-3 to do good

still using this one with my man u team with my very small tweaks to the defence and its been going well but got 2-2 with liverpool seem as my center back was injured of the pitch and no one covered his postion and there was a giant gap to run into then same happend next game went 1-0 down at half time then put dzeko on and he scored 5 then had 1 disallowed he got a 10.0 first time av seen someone get a 10

I think I'm going to give this a go when I go away on holiday next week and start my traditonal 'holiday game'.

Not totally decided on what team to go with yet, but was thinking about AC Milan...do you reckon this tactic would work alright with them?

I am sure that it would do well with AC Milan, the only thing i would say is that the squad they have is really set up for a narrow 4321 or similar,

Having said that you would have Ronaldhino for the AML, but may need to buy a AMR as i do not know the squad well enough,

It also may take them some time to adapt to a totally new system of playing, but after that initial period i am sure they would do exceptionally well with it.

Let me know how you go

I am sure that it would do well with AC Milan, the only thing i would say is that the squad they have is really set up for a narrow 4321 or similar,

Having said that you would have Ronaldhino for the AML, but may need to buy a AMR as i do not know the squad well enough,

It also may take them some time to adapt to a totally new system of playing, but after that initial period i am sure they would do exceptionally well with it.

Let me know how you go

Yes, Milan have no virtually no decent wingers as it stands at a minute :(

But I will change that for the better hopefully when I start my game. :)

I'm planning to try your tactic as well as the Complete Dominance tactic by Mr Hough....which one I start with really depends on the kind of players that are avaliable for good prices and which formation they will best suit into.

But will let you know how I get on, it looks pretty impressive.

Yes, Milan have no virtually no decent wingers as it stands at a minute :(

But I will change that for the better hopefully when I start my game. :)

I'm planning to try your tactic as well as the Complete Dominance tactic by Mr Hough....which one I start with really depends on the kind of players that are avaliable for good prices and which formation they will best suit into.

But will let you know how I get on, it looks pretty impressive.

I think you will probably find that the initial AC squad is more suited to Mr Houghs as it is a narrow formation without wingers and this is exactly how AC play in Real Life,

However, the addition of a quality winger or two should see a smooth transition to Typhon :D

have you made this tatic for lower leagues yet ?

Sando123,

I am still working on it and i think i am almost there,

I am still testing and tweaking it but it has got me from the BSN to the Premier in Dafuges Challenge so give it a go and let me know what you think, just bear in mind that it is by no means a completed tactic and is still a WIP,

Feedback on it would be useful though

http://www.filefront.com/15676871/Typhon---Lower-League-Kings-Lynn-Aug-2017.tac/

i just tryed it as west ham hoime against the spurs it was close for awile then a free kick and a bum shot cost me the game. I really like now that im not going offsides 20 times a game like i was before i also do not like that i do not take enough shots on goal i only took 10 shots the spurs took 19 here is the results after i looked at it it said the spurs were home lol it said spurs vs west ham so maybe useing the home side wasnt the smart move lol but here are the statstotenhamloss.jpg

Just started my game with Newcastle on 10.3, will report back after about 15 games or so with how the tactics are working :thup:

Great, let me know how you get on with Typhon,

I have not tested Typhon yet on the new patch, i am using a tweked version called Phoenix and having pretty good success,

So if you find that Typhon is not working so well on 10.3 give Phoenix a go, just bear in mind it is not finished yet and is still very much a WIP

Phoenix - Home

Phoenix - Away

As i said, i am using it on my new Spurs Game for 10.3 and have made only 1 transfer, Lukaku in for the future

At the start of Feb this is the Table

englishpremierdivision3z.th.png

And here are some results

tottenhamhotspuro.th.png

PVentress, although your DCs are worldclass, they both are pretty lousy in the air (jumping 11 and 13), how does this affect your results?

This interesting also as a bigger question as if jumping is a necessity for a good DC or not. I am a sucker for good Jumping, but maybe I should rethink this.

PVentress, although your DCs are worldclass, they both are pretty lousy in the air (jumping 11 and 13), how does this affect your results?

This interesting also as a bigger question as if jumping is a necessity for a good DC or not. I am a sucker for good Jumping, but maybe I should rethink this.

I must admit that i have never really focused on Jumping as an attribute for my DC's,

Seems pretty dumb that i didnt now that you have mentioned it, and it may give me a clue as to one of the flaws in the tactic that i couldnt quite eliminate which was conceding goals from crosses.

However, this was not a regular occurance, more an annoyance that i could not prevent it, but as the team got better and better and i got more "World Class" players into the team, i dont think the Jumping was as important, but only due to the fact that the oposition didnt get into those areas of the pitch as frequently.

I am going to invest in a few DC's with higher jumping stats to see if they perform better even if they are of more limited all round ability,

should be an interesting test.

Archived