FM10 New Tactic: The Return of Typhon

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished my 15 game trial with Phoenix, and I may use it again after testing another tactic.

As you can see it manages to keep a tight defence, but one problem I found was the fullbacks often letting players jsut run to literally the corner of the 6 yard box unchallenged.

Will say now that for the Arsenal game, I changed the tactic to a 4-2-3-1, with the striker being 'Target Man' and having the ball being played to his head.

phoenixtest.jpg

hi mate just sarting a new game with man city were would you but tevez and ade please
if your using the opening post tatic then ade on the right and tevez on the left think it will be the same for any other tatic iin here need you big stiker on the right fast one on left

Spot On Sando 123

The right hand forward is your strong, target man type, the left forward is your quick, tricky forward

these are amazeing tactics mate currently playing with man city has you know just won the leauge cup against Chelsea 2-0 and i am first in prem pld 28 D 4 W 23 lst 1 For 72 Ag 20 Gd+52 really great tactics and the football they play is good aswell

these are amazeing tactics mate currently playing with man city has you know just won the leauge cup against Chelsea 2-0 and i am first in prem pld 28 D 4 W 23 lst 1 For 72 Ag 20 Gd+52 really great tactics and the football they play is good aswell

Glad to see they are working for you, keep the post updated with how you go

Using the Phoenix home and away tactics. Working very well for Norwich in League 1. Hopefully next season i can pick up some players more suited to the tactic.

Glad they worked in League 1, and you will certainly find that the tactics become more effective as you build a squad of the right type of players,

Keep the post updated with how you go

about 5 season in might be 6 been the saem every season win 2 or 3 trophies only problem i have is form suddenly dropping for 4 or 5 games and also liverpool who finished 8th in the season but in the champions league semi final played like they were still a top club got a 3-3 out of me then 0-0 its the same with chelsea there poor now but when it comes to me playing them its like there still amazing

and i changed one little thing on me right striker i put his crossing to sometimes and now he scores more

about 5 season in might be 6 been the saem every season win 2 or 3 trophies only problem i have is form suddenly dropping for 4 or 5 games and also liverpool who finished 8th in the season but in the champions league semi final played like they were still a top club got a 3-3 out of me then 0-0 its the same with chelsea there poor now but when it comes to me playing them its like there still amazing

and i changed one little thing on me right striker i put his crossing to sometimes and now he scores more

Glad it is still working for you, It seems to have been pretty consistent throughout all the patches,

I am having some great results since 10.3, will post up some more results soon, also am still tweaking here and there to improve.

i think its strange i changed something by mistake and the tatic was terible but it had only moved to notches down haha strange how a little change can just mess up a tatic

I agree, it is strange,

But sometimes i think there is a really fine balance to strike and if you move it slightly then a number of different areas cease to function,

• 4 weeks later...
anyone still using this tatic then seemed to have died off

Sando123,

I am still using it, Obviously :thup:

Are you still using it?

Would be great to get the thread back up and running again, I didnt upload my most recent versions as interest seemed to have died,

I really think that with a bit of additional help and input this could become an extremely succesful tactic, and the fact it uses wingers, makes it a bit of a rarity on here,

When i get home i will upload my most recent tweaked version and maybe we can kick something off again and get this back on the road :D

It is stillt he same formation as the original, a 442 with AMR and AML,

The tweaking has more been to try and shore up the defense as that always bugged me about the original, it was very succesful and scored loads of goals, but was never what you would call solid at the back,

This i hope is more solid but still with the goal threat,

As for Higgins, this is the tactic i use for him, but it does seem to be more about his insane ability than the tactic that lets him score so much, if i ever have to play replacements for him, there is never the same goal output. but will be interesting to see how others fair with it.

Well I'm looking forward to giving it a try with my Inverness team, will post feedback to you once i've tried it.

I'm not one of these 'we will score 1 more' managers, I would prefere a 1-0 win to a 4-3 win, so if you do manage to keep the tactic solid at the back all the better.

Steve

yea using it 8 seasons now but with data base been on small only england loaded there isnt enough quality youth coming through had a hard season last season managed to win champs league fa cup n league cup but finished 3rd in league

its mad though teams like newcastle with players who are very average when you start if not worse but now there going for the title they took the place of liverpool in top 4

tweaked the tatic all over the place tryin to make it good

defently need some help with my defence tho, will give the new tweaked version a go

Just playing a couple of final test games before putting it up,

Defence has improved but has taken a little away from the attack, so will be a little different to the Higgins tactic but pretty close, shoul dbe to long now, provided the next 5 or so games go as i want

With the original it was about 1 goal per game conceded, but i have got that down to about 0.6 per game at the moment and it looks pretty solid,

My only concern is i am testing it with my Higgins team, which is Spurs in 2022 and pretty much the best team on the planet, so not sure how it will fare elsewhere, it is a work in progress though so with a bit of input and advice i am sure we can get a really sensational tactic

Hope so mate. I will try it with my Inverness team when the new tactic is up, and will post some screenshots of my results with it. Hopefully you can get the tactic on here for download today, as I will get some time later to play the game, but don't rush the tactic, get it as good as you can mate.

Steve

Link to the new Typhon WIP is below, is by no means a finished tactic but has given me great success so far,

Any feedback would be useful and well recieved once it is improved i may start a new thread for it but for now i will keep it here

Typhon - WIP

I will post more detail around attributes etc later but a quick over view is

GK - Standard Solid Keeper

DR - Wing Back Type

DL - Wing Back Type

DCR - Stopper

DCL - Cover

MCR - Deep Lying Playmaker (although PM not ticked)

MCL - Ball Winner

AMR - Winger

AML - Winger

FCR - Target Man Type (Not Ticked)

FCL - Complete Forward

Will post up results soon, but have to say that things aren't going that great using this tactic, the opposition regularly create much more chances than me, which is very annoying to watch, especially when the teams are no where near as good as me!

Steve

Will post up results soon, but have to say that things aren't going that great using this tactic, the opposition regularly create much more chances than me, which is very annoying to watch, especially when the teams are no where near as good as me!

Steve

what team are you? it's doing good for me so far and i just got a draw with chelsea away

PVentress

Which side should I put my goal-scoring striker.....as the target man on the right, or the complete forward on the left???????

Steve

Shame it is not working so well for you :confused:

The main goal scorer would be in the left hand side position, that is where i play Higgins,

Is there anything particular that doesnt seem to be working?

Shame it is not working so well for you :confused:

The main goal scorer would be in the left hand side position, that is where i play Higgins,

Is there anything particular that doesnt seem to be working?

Its not terrible mate, I'm doing ok with the tactic, but it could be better defensively (probably something you know yourself)

One thing I like is that I create normally around 2-4 CCC a game, which is really good, but the opposition do get to much chances with it. Here are my results using the tactic with Inverness:

invernesscaledonianthis.jpg

As you can see, I have played 22 matches with the tactic,

WON -- 12

DRAWN -- 5

LOST -- 5

So by no means the worst bunch of results in the world, but losing 5 games is not the best, especially with the team I have. There is alot of potential for this tactic, a few tweaks to the defence will improve the tactic a great deal, also I noticed that my 2 central midfield players dont tend to get very high ratings, maybe there is something that can be done there?

Steve

Looking at it, it seems most of your defeats have come away from home, maybe we need to look at an away version tweak, for lower teams?

Possibly an away version, I would certainly have a look at the defence, even for home games, I don't think too much tweaking would be needed.

My striker on the left side didn't score as much as I would like (and he is the best striker in the league) but my wingers scored a few and played really well with the tactic. Have a look at the 2 central midfielders in the tactic, maybe there is a way to get them involed a bit more in the game adding to the attack, but taking little away from the defense?

Steve

What i think i need to do is try it with a first season team, maybe first season Spurs to really pick out its faults as i think my Team currently is that good it can compensate or hide some of the tactics flaws,

But any advice or tweaks you make to it let me know, would be grateful for the input

Archived