FM10 New Tactic: The Return of Typhon

One other thing i would say about this tactic is to really have a look at the chances the other team has, often i will see them have a fair number of attempts but 90% of them are from long distance as i have shut down any other options

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the opposition do have alot of long shots, which aren't too concerning, the thing that is annoying is that they do have alot of chances on goals, that needs to be cut down!

I think starting with a fresh new game will really help you pinpoint some areas to tweak.

Steve

@ Spikester

I have just ran through 5 - 10 games with a First Season Spurs and am not really seeing what you are seeing,

The defence seems pretty solid and other than long shots it is very rare that they get very close in at all,

Also, the FCL continues to be the dominant goal scorer

I will play this test save till 1st Jan and then post my results, I agree th tactic can be improved, but it is strange we are seeing such a difference in outcome,

Maybe it is the fact that although your players at inverness are better than most in the league, they are maybe not of as high a standard to cope with what the tactic asks them to do, is only i thought and could well be wrong

@ Spikester

Maybe it is the fact that although your players at inverness are better than most in the league, they are maybe not of as high a standard to cope with what the tactic asks them to do, is only i thought and could well be wrong

You could be right there mate, I will have to try it out with another team myself. But the results I have had with your tactic are still good results, and won me the First division and got me into the final of the Scottish Cup, which makes me happy :)

Steve

gave it a little go with england and was good at first then strugled away to a couple of poor teams then at home twice couldnt score a thing

same with man u beat chelsea then agaisnt wolves drew 1-1 thanks to a screamer but my team didnt really put any chances away

lost my love with this game at the moment seem as i can manage to make my own 4-4-2 that works well made them befor but never one that has been really good

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I only use this tactic, was coach of Belguim second league and dominated got offered Job at AZ and domiated the Eredivise and won a champions League.

On a new Save I started as West ham and bought the best players in the game Dzenko, etc and just completed dominated won every trophy many times over.

I am now playing a thid save I started as Melbourne Victory won the A-League twice and Asian cup , got offered a job at Tranmere who were on 8 points after 23games in the Championship, i managed to avoid regulation quite easily picked up about 37 points in the 23 games i was in charge. Got offered the Pompey job got them promoted , however had a tiny wage roll so i took the Wolves Job and in 5 seasons have won 3premier league titles and 2 champions leagues.

I virtually always use the home tactic unless I am being completley overun then i switch to the away tactic.

The tactic works, however its a prima donna tactic, the moment one or two of your players motivation isnt superb the results can drop off. So you spend a lot of time blowing wind up you your players A$$es to keep them happy.

• 2 weeks later...

This tactic is horrible. I've used the editor to update the English leagues based on the recent promotions/relegations, and took over a team in the Championship. This league is very close and there is no stand out team. My team has probably some of the better players in the division, but at the very least, we're no worse than about half the division.

Yet with this tactic, my defense becomes horrible. We concede 2-5 goals a game. We often score 2-3 goals too, but only when we concede 2 or more. We only fail to score/score 1 when we concede none or one. So we rarely ever win. We occasionally win 2-1 or 1-0, but more often than not the scores are 3-3, 2-2, 1-4, 2-5, 3-4, etc. It's ridiculous how poor the defenders become in this tactic. Actually horrible.

dont use the tatic then ?

changed this a little bit put one of the defence mids in the middle and no arrow usaly pcik a aattacking player and has led to more goals, won the world cup with england and got to semi finals with serbia and beat brazil, fracen argentina aswell

This tactic is horrible. I've used the editor to update the English leagues based on the recent promotions/relegations, and took over a team in the Championship. This league is very close and there is no stand out team. My team has probably some of the better players in the division, but at the very least, we're no worse than about half the division.

Yet with this tactic, my defense becomes horrible. We concede 2-5 goals a game. We often score 2-3 goals too, but only when we concede 2 or more. We only fail to score/score 1 when we concede none or one. So we rarely ever win. We occasionally win 2-1 or 1-0, but more often than not the scores are 3-3, 2-2, 1-4, 2-5, 3-4, etc. It's ridiculous how poor the defenders become in this tactic. Actually horrible.

Did you give your team time to gel with the new tactic?

• 4 weeks later...

dont know if anyone uses this still but does anyone know how to get the right center back to play good without him been fast

if i use a quick center back its ok but every good one i find that i can afford arnt really that fast and seem to strugle

Archived