Yannis Tafer - GOAL MACHINE!!

CraigGore

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No clue, guess because I bought him while he was already on a loan with me. Paid 5.75m , had a bit of a headache because of that, but... it paid out I guess :)

Chelsea wanted him, and I put my limit on 50m... they were willing to pay and my board accepted.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm playing him up front at the moment with Torres in 2016, Torres is 32 and Tafer is 25. Playing Tafer as an advanced forward, and he has 23 goals and 5 assists in 17 games at an average rating of 8.28. Last season he bagged 21 goals in 25 games in the Premier League, along with 16 goals in 8 appearances in the Champions League.

AN ABSOLUTE BEAST!!!

• 1 month later...

Decided to give him a whirl after reading about him in this thread............and I wasn't let down.

Brought him in on loan initially to my Southampton team in 09/10, then loaned him again for 10/11, parted with £13.75m in 11/12 and so far he has gone on to score 113 league goals in 132 games.

Top scored in 3 out of the last 4 seasons with 2010/11 - 42 in all competitions

2011/12 - 29 in all competitions

2013/14 - 41 in all competitons

Currently has 14 in 11 this season.

he is quite a similar player (and a little bit better) than Jan Blazek

20hos3t.jpg

if you are a league 1 side, and you get promoted you can approach Blazek at the end of his contract though ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Just bought Yannis for my Genoa team, season 5, £12.5m. Back up/competition for Acquafresca. Came off the bench in the Italian Super Cup and scored with his 1st touch. Welcome. Having 3 frenchies plus Pjanic around should mean that his adjustment time is minimal.

thats why it surprised me. i have few best scouts in the game (sandro orlandelli,steve rowley,francis cagigao etc), but i never heard of him. been playing FM for a while now and quite a hard core myself,im surprised i never heard of this guy.definitely will take a closer look at him.

When I was managing Juventus I tried to sign him from Lyon, but he chose Genoa instead. Was gutted as I thought he'd be the last piece of my jigsaw in building an awesome team.

2 years down the line and I moved to Real Madrid, and shelled out £59m for him after the board gave me what amounted to an almost unlimited transfer budget. By now he was about 26. 103 goals in 176 games over the last 5 seasons has repaid that expenditure just fine. Getting old now though, I need to find his replacement. :(

bargain buy of the century for me.... signed him for £750k whilst on loan in first season as southampton in league one and never looked back..... now in my 5th season and he is still in the side playing along side neymar and anjic(regen with ca177/188)

wow awesome! finally found yannis's thread.

i got him on loan in the jan transfer season 2013 at liverpool . i was appointed after rafa was sacked midseason. the team league position was 14th and half the first team squad was injured. i needed a ST and found him by chance. i was desperate so i paid 3m pounds as his record of 53 goals in 63 games looked good. so i went ahead....

BAM! i'm in late april and tafer pretty much singlehandedly got me to 2nd position. 19 matches, 19 goals 12 assists, 7.96 rating. well, Torres coming back was great for the team too, but this guy rocks.

now, how do i get him for cheap? when i tried to buy him before loaning him, they wanted 20 mil ! he is currently valued at 8 mil, should i wait till the loan ends and bid or bid now?

i've been praising him continuously if that helps to lower the price. he is great but i can't pay 20 mil.........

With that record and his obviously fantastic ability, it'd be a miracle to get him for 'cheap'. You could unsettle him, I suppose, but until his contract is up the club are still going to want some big cash for such a player.

Keep an eye on his personals. There's a good chance you will become one of his favourite personnel or Liverpool one of his favourite clubs, which may make him easier to sign him in the long run, but you can still expect to pay a hefty price for him.

i got him at 7.5mil plus clauses!

waited till his loan is over and praised him week in week out.but no use, could not get him to be unsettled or to like me. moreover, he got annoyed with me for repeating the praises then i remembered to praise his manager instead and it worked. lol

he said our friendship helped to seal the deal or something.

i got him on loan with a future fee of 7m. in like 10-15 games, he hasnt got a single goal as a poacher. even in simple cup games where my sonogo and the rest get a couple. im not taking up the future fee option come the end of the season.

erm, DONT play him as a poacher ...

he will never be any good

he should be advanced forward in attack..

Erm, I think you are wrong.

28 league goals in 20 starts and 8 sub appearances, plus 10 in 8 in other comps as a poacher would lead me to believe that he is pretty dam effective as a poacher. His attributes are crying out to be set as a poacher.

Erm, I think you are wrong.

28 league goals in 20 starts and 8 sub appearances, plus 10 in 8 in other comps as a poacher would lead me to believe that he is pretty dam effective as a poacher. His attributes are crying out to be set as a poacher.

He probably can be trained as an Ad.fwd but edgar has it right, he has all the right highlighted attributes to be a poacher.

Just moved from Genoa to Real in 2014. I paid Lyon £12.5m to take Tafer to Genoa, after the season I mentioned above I decided he needed to join me at Real. Cost me £42.5m from my old club (£30m profit in one year) but he'll be worth it.

So he's best as advanced forward and rubbish as poacher?

Even though the difference between the two is a few notches of creative freedom, 1 notch more long shots and through balls and roaming ticked, none of which would particularly suit Tafer more?

So he's best as advanced forward and rubbish as poacher?

Even though the difference between the two is a few notches of creative freedom, 1 notch more long shots and through balls and roaming ticked, none of which would particularly suit Tafer more?

TBH he can work well as both, some people have more success as a poacher whilst others have success as an ad.fwd

check for yourself in the tactics section of your squad and see how the attributes measure up

TBH he can work well as both, some people have more success as a poacher whilst others have success as an ad.fwd

check for yourself in the tactics section of your squad and see how the attributes measure up

I've checked, that's how I knew what I just posted. I also managed him for 5 seasons, which helps.

The reason he should be a poacher imo is because he's a pretty one-dimensional player. He has very good pace and finishing ability as well as a good alertness and decent teamwork/mentality etc. He's not creative, a good passer, strong in the air, good at holding up the ball and he's not a great shooter from distance. That's why I'd want him doing what he does best and only what he does best.

I've checked, that's how I knew what I just posted. I also managed him for 5 seasons, which helps.

The reason he should be a poacher imo is because he's a pretty one-dimensional player. He has very good pace and finishing ability as well as a good alertness and decent teamwork/mentality etc. He's not creative, a good passer, strong in the air, good at holding up the ball and he's not a great shooter from distance. That's why I'd want him doing what he does best and only what he does best.

This :thup:

Was waiting for one of the Lyon-ites to come along.

ehhhm well if you play a decent target man beside him (such as Dzeko) he wouldnt need to "hold up the ball" or be creative ...;

that would be the target man's job and he can just receive nice passes and through balls and (hopefully)put them away ...

ehhhm well if you play a decent target man beside him (such as Dzeko) he wouldnt need to "hold up the ball" or be creative ...;

that would be the target man's job and he can just receive nice passes and through balls and (hopefully)put them away ...

Which means he is a poacher! An advanced forward has those other assets to his game.

Exactly the same as a poacher!! Advanced forwards do play more through balls and shoot from distance more than poachers though, as well as having more freedom meaning they'll naturally do things that they're not told to do more often anyway. That was exactly my point, did you read what I wrote up the page about the difference between the two roles?

advanced forwards dont need to be creative or hold up balls ... they just need pace and the ability tot run at an opponent...

Joe says it so much better than me so just read his posts.

Tafer is a poacher!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived