My Manager Picture

TheUnderdog

On FM go into prefrences/display & sound. Then tick 'show unique ID's', click on your 'manager over view' and there will be a number under or next to your name.

Type that number down on notepad or some thing, then create a Config.xml file and put this code inside, and put your unique id number that you got from the game, on the line where it says.

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->

<record from="PUT YOUR UNIQUE ID NUMBER HERE" to="graphics/pictures/person/PUT YOUR UNIQUE ID NUMBER HERE/portrait"/>

</list>

</record>

Also rename the picture of you, that you want to use, rename it with your unique id number. Then create a new folder, name it what ever you want 'my own picture' or something. Put the picture of yourself and the Config.xml you created inside that folder.

Then put that folder in; MyDocuments/SI/FM2010/Graphics.

If the graphics folder is not there, just create a new folder and rename it 'graphics'.

Then on FM go into prefrences/display & sound and untick 'show unique ids' so you don't have them showing every where.

Whilst in Display & Sound, untick 'use skin cache' and tick 'always reload skin on confirm' then click confirm and your manager picture should be there. :thup:

Thanks for the reply Barkermush. I've done exactly what you've said and although it's removed the original picture from my game it hasn't loaded my new one.

Is it because it isn't of a particular size? The picture on my computer is 280 × 390. Do I need to resize it in photoshop?

Um i'm not sure if it does or not, is the file a 'png' image?

I think FM needs the images to be 'png' and not 'jpg' ..etc.

FM always removes your original manager picture when you tick 'reload skin on confirm' and click confirm.

If you want, you can send me the folder you created or upload it and PM me the link, and i will take a look at it for you and see if i can get it to work..

I've converted it to a .png file and still no good. My folders are arranged slightly different from your path as I'm on a Mac. The path for my other graphics are:

Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/db/graphics

I've created a folder called 'my picture' containing the image and the config.xml file with the exact text above (bar the ID change of course) into the graphics folder. Is this right?

It could be that there is something wrong with the Config file. I have created a config for you and put your unique id in it and uploaded it here:

http://www.filefront.com/15356103/config.rar

Try putting that config file in your 'my picture' folder and then on FM 'reload skin on confirm'

and see if that works. :thup:

Edit Can you use win rar on Mac? If not i will upload it with out making it a Rar file...

• 3 weeks later...
On FM go into prefrences/display & sound. Then tick 'show unique ID's', click on your 'manager over view' and there will be a number under or next to your name.

Type that number down on notepad or some thing, then create a Config.xml file and put this code inside, and put your unique id number that you got from the game, on the line where it says.

Also rename the picture of you, that you want to use, rename it with your unique id number. Then create a new folder, name it what ever you want 'my own picture' or something. Put the picture of yourself and the Config.xml you created inside that folder.

Then put that folder in; MyDocuments/SI/FM2010/Graphics.

If the graphics folder is not there, just create a new folder and rename it 'graphics'.

Then on FM go into prefrences/display & sound and untick 'show unique ids' so you don't have them showing every where.

Whilst in Display & Sound, untick 'use skin cache' and tick 'always reload skin on confirm' then click confirm and your manager picture should be there. :thup:

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to Barkermush for an excellent answer to this question.

I was just in the process of adding my mugshot as manager of Hednesford Town, and his post has saved me much head scratching.

Archived