Any suggestions for this player?

regisl.jpg

I'm struggling to find this player's best position, he's a natural striker, accomplished right/left winger, and retrained to accomplished central attacking midfielder.

To me, although he is an awesome player who hasn't been doing badly, he lacks certain key attributes e.g. not brave/jumpy enough for Target Man, to poor at passing/decisions to play deep-lying or complete forward, or at AM. On the other hand he seems to have to much in his game to "waste" him as purely a poacher, and I don't use wingers so that option isn't really there either!

So far I've had moderate success playing him as an advanced forward, but he often seems to drift out wide, and become disconnected from the attacks I make- I'd rather him be causing havoc centrally running at players and picking up chances, but can't seem to get this out of him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Is this his first season at the club? If it is, he isn't doing too badly in the role you currently play him. Once he learns how to speak basic / fluent English and has a good run of games, he will score bucket loads.

I bought Andre-Pierre Gignac for my Bolton side and expected him to score a lot, but it took him at least half a season for him to really get going and in his second season, he scored over 35 league goals and over 40 in all competitions.

I would stick with his current role but give him time if he is a new arrival.

No, he's been with me since he was 18, but didn't really start pulling up trees until last season where he scored 20 goals and improved drastically(a bit of a late developer it seems). Maybe I'm judging him by last seasons standards, but I still think a player with his stats should be playing better than he is.

I've never really played him deep because of his decisions/passing ability, but I'll give it a try I think.

Archived