Creating a British Super Cup?

Terra21

Would like to add this to the current nation rules I have.

Is there anyway to have the Champions of England and the Champions of Scotland face each other at the start of a new season?

Tried to make one but it just comes up that the English Premier League is not set to Scotland.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Merged it? You can't "merge" nation rules lol! In fact, you should never use the merge function, you can load both XML files at once.

Unless you copy paste the code yourself...

Yeah I realized that after I made that post, still managed to get it up and running after seeing how it worked though.

• 4 weeks later...

sorry to bring back an old thread however I've been thinking about creating a cup competition between the English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish champs and was wondering how easy this would be to make.

I've seen a World Club cup tournemant with champions from each country so I assume it would just be a case of something similar but with 4 teams.

I've got a 32-team club competition featuring teams from all four home nations plus Ireland that works fine (aside from some minor scheduling issues), it's not impossible or difficult at all. Add a new cup and when selecting teams, just choose 1 team from each league you desire.

I just created a 4 club Super Cup using the advanced panel.

I have set the semi finals to be played in Millennium Stadium or Windsor Park (with scottish/english champions avoiding each other). The final/3rd place playoff will be played in Millennium Stadium, Hampden Park or Wembley depending on the teams involved (e.g. England vs anyone = Wembley, Scotland vs. anyone not England = Hampden Park, Wales vs. N.Ireland = Millennium Stadium).

The XML also include a 3rd place play-off. I have also fixed the selection bug and it will now select the correct team each year when a league is not active (not always same team every year, but the same as the nations top CL entrant)

The XML will work with a non-edited English league. Editing the English league will result in this XML not working.

http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/shp106/fm/4club-british-super-cup.zip

Archived