Classic Tactic Creator - Slider Templates

Hey Guys,

The older members of the forum will already be aware of this, so apologies for re-raising it, but I thought it might be something useful for the newer members who did not know about this.

If you use the classic tactic creator you have the option to 'set to' a certain role for each player in your team. For example, you could set your full back to a wing back like you can using the new tactic creator and the player will be given suitable instructions for that role.

Here are the default roles to choose from.

slider.th.png

However, you can also edit these so that if you're unhappy with the ones provided with the game, they can be changed to something more to your tastes. The benefit of editing these is that you can just simply select a player role from a menu rather than having to manually choose the instructions all the time. You can even add extra roles to the menu, you don't have to just use the ones provided within the game.

To get to the file you will need to go to the following directory;

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\tactics

The file is called tactical_templates.xml and can be opened with either wordpad, notepad etc...

You will need to make a copy of this as it will not let you save the original. My advice would be to move the original to a safe place so that it doesn't get deleted.

Once you have opened the file, it is pretty self explanatory to edit, the top of the page describes what each bit means and what values you can use to edit it. Once you have finished editing just save the file and reload your skin in the game. You should then notice any new roles you have added to the menu and any instructions you have changed.

I thought this might come in useful for any people who use the tactic creator and want a set of instuctions they can just select quickly for a particular role. Hope this helps.

Noel

I can't find said directory?

My FM10 folder contains: db, editor data, tactics, matches, games, shortlists, sounds, skins. It isn't in any of them AFAICT.

Did you install the game via steam or offline? Could possibly be another directory if installed that way

Archived