away form

fm09 sorry:p

i posted this in the general discussion earlier so...

i seem to stink away from home and am decent at home.

what should i do? wait for my luck to change or is it what i'm doing tactically?

thanks

oh yes sorry...

for team instructions

:mentality defensive (thinking about switching to attacking)

creativity: normal

passing style: low end of mixed

tempo: quick

width: wide

closing down: whole field

time wasting: mixed

tackling: normal

defensive line: push up

p.s. using a BSS team (braintree)

also we are in poor form all-around right now so i need that considered:)

oh yes sorry...

for team instructions

:mentality defensive (thinking about switching to attacking)

creativity: normal

passing style: low end of mixed

tempo: quick

width: wide

closing down: whole field

time wasting: mixed

tackling: normal

defensive line: push up

p.s. using a BSS team (braintree)

also we are in poor form all-around right now so i need that considered:)

If I may start out, I would say that I think your Closing Down and Defensive Line are a little high. These settings compliment more teams playing at home when you want to put your opponent under-pressure. The "contrast" in these settings (from Mentality to Closing Down/Defensive Line) are too big causing your team the difficulties you mention. When playing defensive away from home you want to sit deeper, close down less (to keep the team more in formation) and hit them on the counter. The second thing I noticed is the "contrast" between Tempo and Passing, they should be closer in nature and since you (should) be playing deeper down the pitch it is advisable to play more 'direct' passing to get the ball further up the pitch into more dangerous positions. Last and not least, you shouldn't be playing wide for a couple of reasons. You are in the lower leagues so I am guessing that most pitches are going to be 'narrow', standing wide will/could cause your opponents to run straight through you. Standing wide is also an 'attacking' ploy to drag your opponents out of a defensive (narrow) stance, your opponents are most likely not going to be playing too 'narrow' at home against you, but you might want to narrow the opponents playing 'room' making them less dangerous.

As a rule, it is good to find out which direction the slider moves to open the 'attacking' or 'defending' aspect of the game. Try to keep all the sliders more or less in the same 'mind-set' (attacking or defending) which hopefully makes your tactic more workable...:thup:

Hi there,

Your instructions contradict your mentality. Quick tempo, wide width and lots of closing down are what you would expect from an attacking team and not a defensive one. If you want to play more defensive I would suggest having a much slower tempo, make the formation narrower and lower the closing down so that your men get behind the ball and don't lose their shape by trying to close down.

Archived