whats the difference between complete forward and advance forward

I’m not in front of the game at the moment to give the exact description, but I’ll give it a shot. A complete striker is precisely what it says on the tin, ‘complete’. These are basically the type of striker who can play almost any forward role because they have an abundance of skill, technique, finishing and relevant mental attributes. They will also be physically dominant, possessing good pace, strength and aerial ability. They will be a central figure in both creating and scoring goals. A good example of this would be Ibrahimovic.

An advanced forward is more like a poacher, but likely to be a bit more well rounded in his attributes. He will play off the shoulder of the defender and look to finish moves off moreso than be overly involved in the buildup play. Torres would be a very good example of this. You will find though that many forwards are very good in a range of roles. You can select the advanced options in this player tactics screen and the highlighted attributes will show you what ones are key for that role.

The Complete Forward combines the abilities of the Advanced Forward to score goals and harrass defences and generally annoy the hell out of back lines with playmaking duties attempting to bring other players into play or create chances for them from deep.

Can only agree with above. It says in game that Complete is basically a combination of all others, who can do anything and should be allowed freedom. Drogba is a prime example.

Advanced Forward is the real on the shoulder player, I think the description in game is actually slightly misleading. Poacher to me is a "fox in the box", Owen or maybe (when he was good) Francis Jeffers. Advanced Forward to me is Fernando Torres - although he is verging on complete as he could play the target man if you needed him to.

Advanced forward is generally what I have most of in my squad. Just the classic, good finisher, good off the ball, and decent pace.

The role I have difficulty understanding is Deep-Lying Forward.

It describes quite a technically gifted player in the description, but then people are also playing more Target Men type players in that role. To me the technical forward that drops deep is Treq. , the player its hit long to is target man, so what does that leave the deep-lying forward as?

In real football terms Bobby Zamora would be a deep lying forward. The difference is Zamora doesn't hold the ball up much. When he gets the ball he's looking around trying to pass it to someone rather that looking to score. He does this by moving with the ball though and doesn't hold it up.

A targetman is more techincal and needs strength to hold the ball up and shrug challenges off. A deep lying forward doesn't need to rely on his strength although its a bonus if he has it. He's more of a work horse running around none stop and closing people down. They usually come a lot deeper than a targetman would. A targetman is more a focal point for attacks.

People usually refer to the best in the world as examples since we see them on the TV and know who they are, but how about aat the lower levels?

Could a part-timer lower leaguer be assigned 'complete forward' if his attributes were equally crap across the striking board?

"Deep Lying" is kind of a misnomer, from what I've seen; it doesn't cause a player to sit back where the AMC should be, for example. My best striker bangs goals in when he's alone up front as a "Deep Lying Forward" with a Support role; he's also very rarely offside (presumably because he's starting his runs from deeper).

People usually refer to the best in the world as examples since we see them on the TV and know who they are, but how about aat the lower levels?

Could a part-timer lower leaguer be assigned 'complete forward' if his attributes were equally crap across the striking board?

It is all relative ultimately. Your crap forwards are up against crap defenders so you just need to insure that your crap Complete Forward has enough time to choose the not-so-crap option and executes the not-so-crap option good enough for your other forward to reach it before it goes out of play or the goalkeeper gets it.

The thing about Lower League Football is that while it has plenty of unknown names and generally poor players and rubbish reputations and no money, attributes stick out like a sore thumb. None more so than Anticipation. Get yourself a squad with an advantage in Anticipation versus the rest of the league and it is like playing with Barcelona in the Championship.

Might be a bit over the top but you get the point.

Just use all your options to your advantage. Slow the game down so they have more time on the ball, calm your players down so they have much cooler heads and calm touches, then use your Anticipation and Off-The-Ball and Technique and Creativity to slice teams into ribbons. The important attributes become huge the lower down you play. Mental attributes especially.

Archived