Please help or advise!

Hiya,

I am Coventry playing on 10.2 patch.

First season, with 12 games to go I was sitting 3rd but for unknown reason (to me anyway) the team went from walking games very easily and playing well to not even being able to get a draw and i ended up finishing 7th. Immensely frustrating but assumed my team bottled it as they are relatively young and had a few loan players in.

Now, in my second season, after 32 games I had won 22, drew 7 and lost just 3. Not bad for my beloved Sky Blues. I was the highest scorers in the league with the 4th best defence. Now i cannot score and i concede very regularly! :eek: I was sitting 2nd and looking a certaintly for automatic. However, again the next 7 games I have not won one with 6 defeats and one draw!! Can anyone shine some light on this for me?

Fitness levels are good, moral is still half decent (just about), no main injuries and no-one is unsettled. I use same tactic but make changes to defensive line, tempo and width in regards to who I am playing and the match situation.

I would greatly appreciate some advice from my peers.

Many thanks,

Jamie

p.s: please forgive me if this is in the incorrect place.

It's the correct place :)

Judging by what you're saying, you're doing the exact right things and it could just be that your side is becoming complacent. Try criticising anyone with a 6+ rating in the media and rotate your team talks around.

It's hard to "diagnose" the problem because there's so many facets to management.

as tubey has alluded to i would suggest making a few changes if you have a decent enough squad. i would try to take the, for instance, lowest three performers out of the team and replace them for a few games, just to freshen things up enough.

im not sure if you are willing to get rid of your current system either, but when i hit a bad run i like to tighten everything up and i move from my normal expansive direct game to a slightly more defensive system to try and stop the intake and conceded of excessive amounts of goals.

after your advice, i have paid more attention to my team talks and been more demanding etc; have also swapped a few players around-dropped three of my foreigners and have managed to win my next three games. Am fighting off a big push from newcastle so hopefully can keep this up. Thanks again guys for ur advice.

Edle - i did ponder over changing my system and tried to go a bit narrower and deeper but iv gone back to usual system and trying to work on motivational aspects.

back again, i have now won 6 games in a row since your tips guys so thankyou...it looks like i am going to get automatic via 2nd place.

so, my next question is...3rd season in to game, and i will be coventry in the premier league...what advice do you have for that....players to target? staff? etc? have looked in coventry thread already...not much success going on in there! just like real life!!

as with any promotions there are a lot of things to look at. i would start bychecking out expiring contracts and see who is available and interested in your club and sign them if appropriate. i always try to aim to have got rid of the vast majority of my squad and replace them within two seasons of a promotion.i find this keeps things fresh and also ups the quality of my squad.

definitely check out the squad tubby has given.

Archived