Midlands Nation and Football League

Shrew82

I've been playing with the notion for the last few weeks of making the region of the West Midland's into a nation, with it's own league and i'm on my third attempt at the moment. Originally my idea was to have ALL teams from the West Midlands (including Premiership and Coca-Cola League teams) and try to develop a nation that way. It became slightly complicated because the obvious sides were always winning things, i.e. Aston Villa, Stoke, Wolves, etc. and the smaller sides were just existing in the depths of the lower divisions.

My current brain child, and i'd like to know people's opinions and views, is to have 4 divisions of Non-League West Midlands based clubs (From Level 8 and below) in the following structure:

- slightly adjust reputations so the game works in a fair and realistic way and Divisions are easily seperated;

- 92 Football League Clubs (same structure as England)

- 16 Conference Clubs (2 Teams promoted / relegated every season)

- Making every team from the top 3 divisions Semi-Pro;

- Give each team in the 92 a certain amount of cash (i'm not talking ridiculous)

Premier League - 20k

Division One - 15k

Division Two - 7k

Division Three - 3k

- Give each team a youth acadamy to help develop the nation of West Midlands;

- Swapping San Marino for the Nation of West Midlands;

An idea that i've thought of, but i'm not keen on, is to add a league at the bottom of the structure which has reserve teams from English (West Midlands) League sides in so they can work there way up the leagues. This could end up as a bad idea though but i'd be interested to hear peoples views.

Again these are ideas which i have started to develop on a build and it is going well... I have not however tested it yet but i'm hopeful to have the first build tested and ready to play at the weekend, so if anyone has any ideas to add to the brainwaves above i'd love to hear them and try to implement them into the build. Any suggestions will be most welcome.

I will just mention to avoid any agro at a later date, that the database i am using for this edit is SuperBladesman's latest build (64 i think) which is superbly accurate and extremely helpful when adding teams from level's 10, 11 and below! I recommend downloading it if you haven't already done so!

SB, if you read this and have any questions please give us a shout, i'd like to hear your views :-)

Archived