3-4-3 Offensive Way by S!lver

Hi there.

First of all, i'm French, and my english is pretty bad, so sorry for that, i'll try to be as clear as possible.

Then it's only in a beta testing at the moment, so no download for now. It needs to be tested with weaker teams, in other championships, and so on. It is for patch 10.2.

Here we go.

I always loved offensive football, and I prefer winnig 5-4 than 1-0, but with this little tactic, I could be both Offensive (scoring over 3 goals par game on average) and being strong defensively, even with only 3 defenders ( around 0.66 goals/game).

By the way, I played this season with Man City, a very very strong team. As i wanted to play a really narrow setup, i sold all the unneeded players (such as S.Wright-Philipps, W.Bridge, Petrov, etc).

So i could build a more interesting team for this tactic (Gourcuff, Sissoko and Dzeko mainly).

I agree with you, this team is really impressive

Here is the team shape :

equipeposition-1738794466.jpg

the final league table looks like that :

championnat-fcf7d2348.jpg

Fixtures :

resultat1-b10a1a1163.jpg

resultat2-3284e33085.jpg

(I can't put more pictures, too bad, I'd love to show you the match stats of games like vs Chelsea, Man Utd, L'Pool and Arsenal)

Red : Nice results

Blue : Bad ones

As you can see, i have some nice results, especially the 4-0 then 3-0 to Man Utd in cup, and 3-0 at Liverpool.

Everton has been really impressive until the last 10 games, were they were almost unbeatable. They really destroyed me with their 4-4-1-1. Same for Man Utd, but that was expected ^^

I lost at Villa, no idea why. My players just didn't play as intended, and the Villa's Keeper finished with a nice 8.9 (which doesn't help).

(Is it only me, but the keepers in this game are really awesome, they win almost every one on ones)

I usually start the game Offensive. But when playing against bigger teams (such as the big 4) I tend to play Normal or Counter.

I always let the assistant manager make the opposition instructions, but i make the team talks (1-0 at half time : good job | 2-0 or more : great job | 0-0 / 0-1 : encourage).

At the start of the game, I tell my players to play in the feet, and to play in the box (dunno the english term, sorry ^^)

When I lead 2-0, or 1-0 after the 75th, I switch to Counter attacking style.

When I lose, I switch to Ultra attack for something like 10-15 mins. I always switch back to attack after that, as I often conceed after this delay.

Voila, if you need more infos, feel free to ask. I'll probably upload a beta version in the next few days, to see how it goes for you. Until then, i'll make some test with some lower leagues teams, and in other championships, to see if it can work as well.

Thanks for reading,

S!lver

some great results there, congratulations. i am actually trying to create an offensive 3 striker tactic aswell, will be intrested to see the instructions when this comes out to gather tips. once again well done:thup:

Impressive results!

Could you post a screenshot of your team so we can see where the goals and assists came from please?

sure,

teamstats-3d4c520597.jpg

and here is a good example : the 4-0 against Man Utd

vsmanutd-b2b2f4f829.jpg

the 3-0 @ Man Utd

vsmanutd2-ff27357197.jpg

the lose @ Villa

vsvilla-b3ad3fb870.jpg

Hope this is what you want ^^

Usually, the front 3 (Dzeko - Tevez - Robinho) is playing great together, and Gourcuff as AMC is just awesome.

the center forward (Tevez most of the time) is definitely the "win maker" as he scores really often, and gives tons of assists.

Usually, my CBs / DMC are grabbing every ball, and give it to the MCs (DMC has something like 80% pass complete). The MCs give the ball to AMC (Gourcuff) or Center forward (Tevez). From here, 2 possibilities :

- If it's Gourcuff, he passes it to one of the forward that is running behind the defense, or attempt a long-range shot (I think I'll try some different tweaks for that, he's shooting to much from afar, sometimes destroying a good goal chance.)

- If it's Tevez, he usually run between the 2 CB, which is great : if he can go trough them thx to dribbling = one on one with the keeper. If he can't, then he can pass to Dzeko or Robinho running behind the defense, and that's usually a one on one too.

Of course it's if everything goes right ^^.

the 3 forward are set as "Complete Forward" (dunno the English word for that : Attaquant Complet - they can create chances for themselves and for others). I need to tweak that too because as it is, your 3 FW need to be really top class players to be truly effective.

the 3 CB are set as

stop - cover - stop

Like that, the problem of "the opposite striker is running between my 2 CBs" is solved : the more central one is covering the 2 others. If something goes wrong with them, he saves the one on one with the keeper most of the time. He plays a little bit like a libero, but much more effectively ^^. They need to be pretty good at heading to take almost every crosses from the wings (which are totally free, that's the danger of this tactic).

the DMC also helps a lot, preventing the long shots, and being really aggressive on the AMC or offensive MC, preventing them to develop their team play.

I'm trying to play with Nancy, a low /mid table team in the french championship to see how it goes.

Hope it helps,

S!lver

Silver, "tres bien" for your post. I've got one setup like that too, and after testing, my conclusion is for the tactic to work proper and manage to deal with wide players, you have to play full width of the pitch. If you want to try it and see how it goes with Nancy just download my 3-4-3 Ajax's Cruijff, and change the Wingers to Advanced Forwards. Cheers.

Ps. Sorry, no intention to hijack your post, just try to help.

Hi guys, i'll upload something when I'll be fully satisfied of it.

At the moment, i'm trying with low level teams (predicted 15th or behind), and I don't perform as well as with top class teams. My forwards doesn't do what I exactly want, and my CBs are just too slow to play in a deep line setup. And playing with a low line is dangerous because of the gap between my DMC and my CBs. So it needs to be improved for now ^^

I have to work on the corner routines (both offensively and defensively - conceeding a LOT on corners)

@Zico10 : I'll try your tactic too, to see if it can help me improve this one.

@Makmak : yes I can perform well against wide opposition thx to 1 thing : 15+ in heading of my CBs ^^

At the moment, i'm trying to create something without Tactic Creator, because I can't tweak perfectly as I want, so no Shouts possible, and that's a problem too. I'm scoring less and conceeding more, but that's normal with a team like Nancy. P8 W5 D2 L1 goals18 against10 so far. Lose @ Lyon

I'll keep you aware of the progress.

my CBs are just too slow to play in a deep line setup. And playing with a low line is dangerous because of the gap between my DMC and my CBs. So it needs to be improved for now

I have to work on the corner routines (both offensively and defensively - conceeding a LOT on corners)

Hi Silver, if your CB's are slow then it's better to play deep, with a Sweeper Keeper. Otherwise it's "good night nurse". Is your DMC setup to Defend? And "no running forward" "closing down own half" will help close the gap, but you will need support from the 2 MC.

Regarding the corner routines, I have tried all sorts of combinations possible, defensive and offensive, and the best setup I come up with is this:

(I'm on a run of 37 games without conceding from corner's, and scoring myself after the opposition corner in a quick Counter Attack and Offensive Corner scoring maybe 2 goals every 4 games.)

Defending Corner:

1- Two CB with jumping and Header marking the Near and Far post.

2-Leave your quickest player Forward.

3-All the remaining 7 players to come Back.

Simple but very effective.

Attacking Corner:

1-Your 3 CB,(or best 3 Header's) like this: best Header, near post flick on, 2nd Keeper, 3rd stand far post.

2-1st striker to Keeper, 2nd striker attack far post, 3rd striker forward.

3-Here you have to be careful depending of your corner taker's, because of who you have setup as your corner taker, as usually falls to an AMC or MC. If none of you MC's are setup as corner taker, leave the 2 of them "Back" and DMC and AMC to "Lurk". If you are not sure or just to be in the safe side, leave the DMC and the 2 MC's "Back", with only the AMC "Lurk".

While the opposition defense is concerned marking far post, send the corner to near post. On average I score 2 every 4 games.

Ok, I could test a little bit more, with different teams : Barcelona (predict 1st, Spain 1st league), Nancy (predict 16th, France 1st League), Evian (predict 6th, France 3rd league).

With Barcelona aka 'The Easy Mode':

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aac/barcaligue-d99a5c7469.jpg

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aac/barcaresultat1-6baca81a21.jpg

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aac/barcaresultat2-b28bd22645.jpg

Well, not really fun to be honnest. I usually launch the match, watch TV until it's half time, seeing that we lead 2-0, start 2nd half, and go back to TV. I bought Milevsky to have a better forwards rotation, and play with Messi as AMC. This team seems to be born to play this tactic.

With Nancy :

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aac/nancyligue-4c37f7ad24.jpg

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aac/nancyresultat1-af1f291756.jpg

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aac/nancyresultat2-403963a992.jpg

Was better than expected. The team size was really small, and everytime I had an injury, I just had to play with a youngster. My strikers was pretty bad too (only one had over 10 in finnishing ^^). I had to tweak the tactic very often, and couldn't find something to keep for more than 6 games in a row.

With Evian :

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aac/evianligue-bb03cca30.jpg

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aac/evianresultat1-68315b1a78.jpg

They have a pretty good team, and I hired some free old guys (good ones) to boost my team size. Good so far, but I think it will go down once my opponents will start to play the great 4-2-3-1 (DL DC DC DR MC MC AMC AMC AMC ST).

still needs some defensive improvements, but i'm pretty happy with it right now. I'll pust a download link tomorrow, or the day after, that will be a 'BETA' one, to see how it goes for you.

Thanks to Zico10 and Mr H (even if he doesn't know ^^) for the corner routines, working pretty good.

Archived