[FM10] East(ern Europe) Is East(ern Europe)

HunterKiller

Finally, I have Internet connection \0/ This is planned to be a 'Journeyman' save, mainly in Eastern Europe but with a few other leagues thrown in for fun, playing in the LLM sytle. Let the sackings commence!

Technical Stuff

Leagues loaded: Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Rep, England, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Ukraine.

Database: 10.2, unedited

Starting Reputation: Sunday League

Starting Club: Unemployed

Starting Date: England (July 2009)

The first club to offer for my services are Dolcan Zabki, from the Polish First Division. I delayed it a week, as I have had bad experiences with Polish teams in the past, but it remained by only option. I signed a two year contract, at £500 p/w.

The club are predicted to finish 12th out of 18, and have fairly basic training facilities, with a very basic youth system and a 2400 stadium.

July 2009

Turned out I had not ime before being plunged into the season. Wth no scouts and one (useless) goalkeeping coach, there was no time to 'get my scout on'. Four frendly games had been played before my arrival, with mixed results. I was in charge for the final preseason match, as we ran out comfortable 4-1 winners away at Kolejarz.

Matches

1D: Gornik Leczna (A) 0-1

In match where we predicted to get a trouncing, we came away disappointed having come so close to snatching a point. The first half was fairly even, the hosts probably edging things on chances. We came out after the break and bossed the game, having a clear penalty shout turned down. Just as we were beginning to relax, a free header from a corner in the 85th broke our hearts and stole the points away.

Other

We've sold 63 season tickets. Hoorah. Club is over wage budget at present as well, with a number of aging players clinging onto the first team. Priority is to ship some out, and get my scouts roaming Eastern Europe for some freebies.

Archived