Need a good lone striker.

Matt8

Im Watford, im in the premiership, currently challenging for European spots.

I need a good out n out striker to play upfront on his own, with jimenez/arshavin/kalouda/aaritalo all attack minded behind him.

Ill be starting my third season, so 09/10 season, on the 8.0.2 patch.

Ill probably have about 15-20 million to spend, and im willing to spend it all on a striker.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by Matt8:

Im Watford, im in the premiership, currently challenging for European spots.

I need a good out n out striker to play upfront on his own, with jimenez/arshavin/kalouda/aaritalo all attack minded behind him.

Ill be starting my third season, so 09/10 season, on the 8.0.2 patch.

Ill probably have about 15-20 million to spend, and im willing to spend it all on a striker.

Any ideas?

Bendtner perhaps?

or Acapandie might have developed well by then icon_smile.gif

So yea, i finished 5th, qualified for Europe.

I got 24mil transfer budget, i would happily spend all/most of this on an amazing striker.

Ive had an offer pf 13mil accepted for Cardozo, but having work permit troubles. Any other ideas?

Franco Cangele, plays for Keryaspor (spelt something like that) in 07/08. Signed him for £2.3m and he was a machine. 19 goals in 24 games and 11 assists to. I played him as a lone striker rotated with Grafite ( who bagged 21 goals) so if you use him as a regular first teamer he should produce more goals, that is of course if he has become as good in your game as he was in mine by 2010.

Carodozo should get a wp tbh. Dont see why you're having problems.

Goitom is a very good suggestion. The guy scores loads. Else, Kevin Doyle is excellent too. Also, try James Vaughan. He becomes terrific. Rolando Bianchi is usually available cheapish and he's a very good TM. Peter Crouch is good too although quite slow. You can try Lukas Podolski as well. Jermaine Defoe is another one. Huntelaar might be available for a resonable price especially if he's not moved. Mario Gomez is pretty good too.

Originally posted by golfpunk:

Henok Goitom

i agree , absolutely collossal , literally 6 ft 5 ins , got every thing pace , finishing , heading , movement flair , etc etc , got him for £7.5 million and he scored 80 goals in 2 seasons and won player of the year too

great find and he was transfer listed pmsl

Pavel Pogrebnyak from Zenit St. Petersburg. I play him in my zenit team and he scores an average of under a goal every game.

I bought him for some western european squads too and i he has been class....quality striker up front on his own

Archived