Split screen view idea

dafuge

Seriously doubtful this could be done through skinning. The game is so so picky as to where you can display information - almost everything is linked to specific panels and four charachter ID's so it won't work anywhere else. Creating a third split view container is simple but populating it would be impossible.

The last time I tried it it sortof worked (would have been FM07 or 06) - the displaying of information worked fine though it did cause all the options in the tree to be expanded, it should still work unless the new tabbed interface has changed things, I think I still have the old xml files lying around somewhere...

To be honest it really is something that I never expected to work - it seems to be one of the rare screens where changing the last letter of the id actually works.

After a bit of tweaking the code still works for FM2010, though it's not very user friendly at the moment - I can add in multiple split views however I need to remember how to change the code that decides where the highlights go as it doesn't switch back to the correct view unless you are using the default split view.

Archived