FM10: Scottish Premier League

TerrierBhoy7

Scotland - the home of many mediocre, bordering on minnow teams. With a few inspired signings you can take a relegation struggler to title challenger. Such is the competitive nature of the league.

The reputation is poor and the finances are even worse. Attracting talent is hard, very hard. It is harder still to keep them.

The SPL rules make it paramount that your side is young and - for anyone wanting to compete in Europe - of 'Home-Grown' status/ trained in Scotland. Bear this in mind when suggesting players.

Sometimes limited finances can mean that you have to work with what you have got, or sell off your start player to make ends meet. Tactics can be the difference between a midtable finish or relegation, a mid table finish or European slots. Share your tactical prowess with others.

To put it bluntly, use this thread for your tips to Scottish Dominance. Reccomended signings, tactics help, anything goes. Open the floodgates.

Got my Dundee team up to 2nd place in my third season.Celtic won it by about 20 points.

Got not a bad team after a bit of wheeling and dealing. Dorrans , McArthur , Driver and Snodgrass Midfield. Griffiths and Arild Sundgot up front ( legend ) the defence is made of Polish players who are cheap and easy to find.

one thing I've noticed is that players with low stamina are useless . Its always raining , and for some reason skillfull players are useless. Ive gone for brute force , long ball tactics , kicking lumps out the opposition. Seems to be working , very difficult to hang onto players , most of my team want to leave already!

Your dead right if you get the right player use tactics that suit YOUR players not plug and play tactics you can get yourself a nice long enjoyable save as I won the double with Falkirk (scottish cup and League cup) and finished 3rd in 1st season and in second season 2nd 4 points behind Celtic and 12 points ahead of Rangers. Although I was easily beaten in last 16 of champions league to Real Madrid losing 2-0 at home and 3-0 away after qualifying from a group of Spartak, Inter and Porto(who i beat 3-2 away to qualify). And in the league A late nial McGinn goal against his old club on last day of season won me the league.

Ahh i see, any decent transfers?

Robert Koren:- 2.5 million

Maris Verpakovskis:- 800k who I sign form most teams

McGinn:- who celtic had listed for £0

Zander Diamond, Paul Dixon, David Barron and Alex Pearce

Asmir Begovic

Johan Audel 1.4 million

And like CHINNERY Driver and McCarthur

good tactics and a lot of luck:):p

i just won the domestic treble with hibs in 3rd season

The hardest thing was keeping my promising regens

but i wasnt too angry when the board accepted an offer of 6M upfront 4m after 40 apps for my best player

now trying to build to possibly get past the 2nd qualifying round of champs league only have 2M to spend any ideas ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
now trying to build to possibly get past the 2nd qualifying round of champs league only have 2M to spend any ideas ??

This guy can be bought from Motherwell for around £500k, he's a first team regular in my back to back title winning Celtic side now...and should still improve being only 20.

7JamiePollock.png

I just started season 2013/14 in the premiership with my Leeds side and have bought Callum Booth (Hibs at start of the game) for my left back position. I searched him on the forums, but couldn't find any useful info about him.

Notts Co bought him from Hibs, but then Ipswich bought him for around 6 million euros... After they were relegated I got him for approximately 10 million. He just got his first cap for Scotland and my staff says he's a "good player", "not too much difference between him and our other strong left back Mamadou Sakho".

Anyone else got any experience of this lad? I'm a bit surprised that he hasn't been mentioned anywhere here. Maybe he's got a random PA?

yeah must be random, Booth is absolutely rubbish on my game and playing in the Blue square Premier league.

Having just taken 4 seasons to get out of league I have seen quite a few players turn out quite well. Chisholm at Inverness improves a lot. Griffiths at Dundee is a obvious one too.

Ally Love is pretty poor on my game Hearts1874.

My current midfield of Ian Black, Craig Walsh and Ferry more than holds its own in the premier league.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived