THE SCOTTISH CLAN 2nd Meet up & Drivel Thread! (30.5.04)

ClanHeader.jpg

icon_cool.gifMEET UP IS GLASGOW on SUNDAY 30th MAY icon_cool.gif

ClanMeetup2003TeamPic.jpg

LAST YEARS MEET UP WAS MAGIC WE PLAYED FITBA AND DRANK LIKE F*CK!

Were doing again remember this ? well the 2nd *official* Scottish Clan meet up is now planned for the Sunday the 30th of May. Its 6 months from the last one and the Scots Clan will be playing the famous Huns v Tims challenge at 5's which was won by the Tims last time. The Tims team is captained and organised by Dogs, the Huns by Turps so anyone who is interested in playing let them know. The day will be much the same as last years but this time we wont be starting a new game and will have more time for drinking or eating in Bod's case.

The meet up place is inside Queen Street Station in Glasgow again at the same cafe (there only is one look for the geeks with the bags). Meet up time is 11-30 but may be put back an hour depending on when the Aberdeen boys can get down. The football will be at the Pitz @ Townhead again and will kick off at 12 noon or 1 pm depending on the meet up time. After the fitba its back down to the Ark Pub in North Fredrick street near the Strathclyde Union for the usual meet up place for anyone not coming to the footie. The clan will be in the Arc until dinner time. This time we will probably go for food (any sufggestions)before we commence the pub crawl proper as last years got very messy and some of the guys were suffering from starvation.

At the meet the current game and rules will be reviewed and the Scot's Clan euro Championship game will be proposed and drawn if we get the interested numbers. Other highlights include a Clan pool championsship organised by Turps and of dont forget the usual **** takes and scraps which will be sorted out in person.

Anyone from the forum, CM community, or fan of CM or Scottish fitba can come along if they want, either post here for more info or come to the meet up points at Q.St station or the Arc pub on the Sunday. Hopefully we will have a camera there and take a few snaps of all the drama. If last years is to go anything by it will be a scream....oh and no stealing Bods Chips!!!!

Cya on the 30th

Turps icon_smile.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ClanHeader.jpg

icon_cool.gifMEET UP IS GLASGOW on SUNDAY 30th MAY icon_cool.gif

ClanMeetup2003TeamPic.jpg

LAST YEARS MEET UP WAS MAGIC WE PLAYED FITBA AND DRANK LIKE F*CK!

Were doing again remember this ? well the 2nd *official* Scottish Clan meet up is now planned for the Sunday the 30th of May. Its 6 months from the last one and the Scots Clan will be playing the famous Huns v Tims challenge at 5's which was won by the Tims last time. The Tims team is captained and organised by Dogs, the Huns by Turps so anyone who is interested in playing let them know. The day will be much the same as last years but this time we wont be starting a new game and will have more time for drinking or eating in Bod's case.

The meet up place is inside Queen Street Station in Glasgow again at the same cafe (there only is one look for the geeks with the bags). Meet up time is 11-30 but may be put back an hour depending on when the Aberdeen boys can get down. The football will be at the Pitz @ Townhead again and will kick off at 12 noon or 1 pm depending on the meet up time. After the fitba its back down to the Ark Pub in North Fredrick street near the Strathclyde Union for the usual meet up place for anyone not coming to the footie. The clan will be in the Arc until dinner time. This time we will probably go for food (any sufggestions)before we commence the pub crawl proper as last years got very messy and some of the guys were suffering from starvation.

At the meet the current game and rules will be reviewed and the Scot's Clan euro Championship game will be proposed and drawn if we get the interested numbers. Other highlights include a Clan pool championsship organised by Turps and of dont forget the usual **** takes and scraps which will be sorted out in person.

Anyone from the forum, CM community, or fan of CM or Scottish fitba can come along if they want, either post here for more info or come to the meet up points at Q.St station or the Arc pub on the Sunday. Hopefully we will have a camera there and take a few snaps of all the drama. If last years is to go anything by it will be a scream....oh and no stealing Bods Chips!!!!

Cya on the 30th

Turps icon_smile.gif

HUNS ANNOUNCE TEAM FOR 2nd MEET UP SCOTS CLAN CHALLENGE

Following last years pathetic performance team captain Turps has come down hard on the useless duds in last years team and changes have been made in an effort to win back some pride for the 'Sons of William' . Last years totally inept performace will see Clan dud Coisty dropped altogether and Gary Toner relegated to the bench asuming a stringent medical is passed on arrival from Aberdeen. New Clan member Powlay famed for his massive bulk, has been drafted straight into defence and Sav will join his boy hood heroes in a turn coat manouver from last years victorious taigs team. The 'Flying Ferret' will be installed between the sticks and is appointed sole defender in the Andy Goram mantle. Skipper Turps will partner Powlay in defence and will take great delight in harming the taigs at every oppertunity. In attack ally Shaw will be asked to all the work as he is young and fit so by all accounts we will be stronger this year and ready to kick some azz. In reserve we also have Baz another of our clan's latest recruits. hopefully they guys from aberdeen will not take too much smoke and special brew on the journey down so we have depth in reserve.

FULL HUNS TEAM AND FORMATION

GK - SY the 'flying ferret'

DC - POWLAY ( we sit him infront of the goals and hope no sunlights gets to SY

DC - Turps the hatchet man and malkier of all things taig

FC - Sav -silky and bald will run the flanks

FC - Ally Shaw - this guy is never a DUD Gypo!

SUB 1 Gaz - subject to heartattack

SUB 2 BAZ - he might be pish but he reeks of fish

[color:BLUE]NO SURRENDER LADS - THE HUNS EXPECT!!!!!![/color]

Hey rosco im not pish as for the stinks of fish guilty as charged icon_biggrin.gif

here is my profile turps:-

Full Name:-Barry Gunn

D.o.b:-14-10-81

Place of birth:-Aberdeen

Value:-0

Languages:-English

Intrested:-none

Offers:-none

Genral Happiness:-Feels he is too good to be on subs bench

Slight concerns:-Feels he is too big for the team

Major concerns:-Has personal problems,Finding it hard to adjust to the huns lifestyle,Wants to be transfer listed.

Good relationships:-No

Personality:-Unambitious

Description:-Bench warmer

ive been getting fit for it running at least 5 times a day(I should really get this weak bladder problem sorted icon_biggrin.gif)

Baz icon_smile.gif

Remember to keep baz on call he might need to be drafted in between the sticks if ive not recovered from my op by then!

Or You can wedge powlay in thier??

Silky ally shaw and wonder sav sounds great!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Powlay is going to be taken apart , END OF STORY! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

keep teasing yourself, i can move pretty quickly for a big lad icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powlay:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

keep teasing yourself, i can move pretty quickly for a big lad icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good. You can move as quick as you want, itll be in the wrong direction , or straight down.

Tims team, Scottish Clan Meet May 2004

Boy the current buns are getting worked up over this wee football match and who would blame them. I dont think a year has past since the last game and i know for certain Rosco's pride is hurt.

The gubbing they recieved at the hands of the chosen few last time round was nothing short of disgraceful. To make the point more valid a score of 28-11 in any 5-aside league in Glasgow would be not be registered it would simply be typed up as a "walkover" and that my boys was what that game was and what this game is going to be!!!

Rosco can talk up his team all he like, he can plagurise Winston Churchill speeches all day long, but i deal with facts and the facts here are simple. The Huns team even with the transfer of Sav is not on the same ball park, no wait, on the same planet. The chosen few only need to turn up to prevail, you heard it here first!!!!

Anyway the Tims team broken down......

GK - GHOD (unknown quantity but assures hes has it in his locker he fecking better have icon_wink.gif )

SW - JIMBHOY ( Keeps it simple, solid and dependable at the back ,was likened to the Kaizer in recent chat converstations)

MC - DOGS ( Tims captain and midfield general, bags of running , can tackle pass and score)

MC - IAINTK ( the flair man, tricky and fast will score a plenty supporting bod)

FC - BOD ( workrate questionable, but who needs workrate when every second touch is a clinical finish, will get the goals that will probably put the tims out of sight after 15mins.)

Being a versatile team we will rotate in out of goals taking a turn each icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powlay:

keep teasing yourself, i can move pretty quickly for a big lad icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ye Bl00dy better or im gonna smash yer c*nt wae a hammer icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

Ye Bl00dy better or im gonna smash yer c*nt wae a hammer icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The roscoe team talk has got me worried!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

Ye Bl00dy better or im gonna smash yer c*nt wae a hammer icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The roscoe team talk has got me worried! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whats funniest is you think hes just trying to motivate you. If youd seen him after the last meet, youd have a taxi booked and waiting at 13:01 for when the game finishes to get you the **** out of there after the huns lose by another embaressing margin.

Powlay

You thik roscos team talks here are scary!

Wait till he goes all red and look like hes gonna explode now thats scary!

Gaz was having a heart attack at the side of the pitch and rosco was ballin at him to get the ball.

Gaz still see turps in his nightmares!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sy:

Gaz still see turps in his nightmares!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlike bod who see's turps in his wet dreams icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sy:

Powlay

You thik roscos team talks here are scary!

Wait till he goes all red and look like hes gonna explode now thats scary!

Gaz was having a heart attack at the side of the pitch and rosco was ballin at him to get the ball.

It's alright, Coisty ain'y playing. Won't quite be Red Rosco.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

gies a game ya bawbags. If i'm forced to sit through that dross again i'll have to be issued a bottle of scotch, brown bag and bus ticket home to Edinburgh.

Let the bidding begin! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ull need to speak to dogs the Huns team is finalised icon_razz.gif

Bod u wont have the space this time, ur just a fat wee greedy poacher (gloryhunter) icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who scored 13 goals last time and played his part in THE TEAM PERFORMANCE!

Nae Gloryhunting here Rosco. If i score , the team scores , and the team wins. Theres no "I" in "Team". icon_biggrin.gif

Unlike bod who see's turps in his wet dreams icon_eek.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive never once seen Turpie in my dreams. Although i do occasionally get mental pictures of him coming at me wi a hammer shouting "GIE ME BACK MAH TOWELS BOD YA THIEVING WEE GOIT"

Nae Gloryhunting here Rosco. If i score , the team scores , and the team wins. Theres no "I" in "Team". icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is 'me' in team though icon_mad.gif

Nae Gloryhunting here Rosco. If i score , the team scores , and the team wins. Theres no "I" in "Team". icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is 'me' in team though icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Youre a team in yourself Powlay son. icon_biggrin.gif

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rossturpie/new%20media/ClanHeader.jpg

_Safeway International Challenge Match

Scotland v. Trinidad & Tobago

Easter Road Stadium, Edinburgh

Sunday, 30 May, 2004

Kick-off 2.00 pm_

That means 11-30pm AM meet up @ Queens Street Station.

12noon 5's game - Then down the battle cruiser to support the Jocks v the coconut boys

Gonna be a good 1 icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought we were already playing the coconut biys at 5's????

Sunday, 30 May, 2004

Kick-off 2.00 pm_

12noon 5's game - Then down the battle cruiser to support the Jocks v the coconut boys

How much are the tickets Rosco? Sort out a dozen or so wi the winning fae me and Christophe , bung a few bob of yer own in there, and we could take the crew on a tour of Auld Reekie.

ah the meet is upon is again.

And once again the the 5's. The huns turn up like bewildered lambs to the slaughter, full of hope and pride only to find the the tims under the guidance of dogs are to quick ( not Jim Bhoy ) too strong, have to much flair and are far to clinical for them to contended with.

The studs are being sharpened as we speak.

The kitty is swollen so will all you poofs last the pace this time ?

as they say " Lets get it on cos we dont get along "

Tims V Huns

The Humping II

Kick Off High Noon

Sunday, 30 May, 2004

Kick-off 2.00 pm_

How much are the tickets Rosco? Sort out a dozen or so wi the winning fae me and Christophe , bung a few bob of yer own in there, and we could take the crew on a tour of Auld Reekie. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Auld Reekie" icon_biggrin.gif Leave PM7's underpants out this Bod icon_razz.gif

You think we would go and see Scotland play?? what at the game??? christ are you a sucker for punishment???

Easter road, scotland, trinidad add all three together and you have the makings of a nightmare Scotland performance!

You think we would go and see Scotland play?? what at the game??? christ are you a sucker for punishment???

Easter road, scotland, trinidad add all three together and you have the makings of a nightmare Scotland performance! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Youre forgetting the "Calibre" of football i get to watch over here, Amateur , over the top , blood and thunder , and Skill battered out of the game as though its very existence was an insult to the name of Manx Football.

Scotland v Trinidad is like a cup final to me.

Easter road, scotland, trinidad add all three together and you have the makings of a nightmare Scotland performance! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Youre forgetting the "Calibre" of football i get to watch over here,Amateur , over the top , blood and thunder , and Skill battered out of the game as though its very existence was an insult to the name of Manx Football.

Scotland v Trinidad is like a cup final to me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well stay away from Aberdeen games then as you just descride the tipical dons season ticket holders explanation of football!!! icon_wink.gif

No such pictures were availible, funny that?

Wasnt the cameraman a mate of one of the tims???

Oh so it was shots of the match through green tinted lens eh??? icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No the FACT that we won by 17 icon_eek.gif goals shows that apart from when your goalies were picking the ball out of the net WE had the ball.

MLC

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

I'd be embarrassed at the 11 conceded if I was in that tic team!

Buggered my hamstring last night. Got a 11's game on Wed and 5's again on Friday so hopefully I can still make them all. Deep Heat rocks icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All these injuries Chris...you must be a bit of a girl icon_razz.gif

Archived