THE SCOTTISH CLAN 2nd Meet up & Drivel Thread! (30.5.04)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

I'd be embarrassed at the 11 conceded if I was in that tic team!

Buggered my hamstring last night. Got a 11's game on Wed and 5's again on Friday so hopefully I can still make them all. Deep Heat rocks icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got sunburn all down my calves playing Golf yesterday, so the odds are that putting deep heat on them to help the Muscle Pull that occurred during said round probably wouldnt be the best decision ive ever made icon_razz.gif

(Hoping im fit for next Weekend)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

I'd be embarrassed at the 11 conceded if I was in that tic team!

Buggered my hamstring last night. Got a 11's game on Wed and 5's again on Friday so hopefully I can still make them all. Deep Heat rocks icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got sunburn all down my calves playing Golf yesterday, so the odds are that putting deep heat on them to help the Muscle Pull that occurred during said round probably wouldnt be the best decision ive ever made icon_razz.gif

(Hoping im fit for next Weekend) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How the hell can u pull a muscle @ golf? icon_confused.gif we all know which muscle u pull Bod icon_wink.gif ur ment to wear trousers at gold bod its a gentlemans game u turn up in yer thistle shorts, sun burn my arse icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CHAMP MANAGER2003:

hey i am thinking of coming along to meet you guys.I play in the sunday clan,just started last week.See if i can get out of work.,if not have a ball guys. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ye cya ijn the Ark pub for the scotland game Franko icon14.gif

so do we have 5 for the tim tema then ?

Will you be fit bod ?

Dont want to end up with 4, I know that would probably be enough for the tims, as we're all graced with talent but but no point taking a risk.

Hope you make it frank, if you dont know where the ark is, come along to the pitz at 12 and witness the mauling of the huns on pitch 1 icon_biggrin.gif

and Tims, are we wearing the hoops this weekend or do we all have the new nice and shinny green away strip ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild: I got sunburn all down my calves playing Golf yesterday, so the odds are that putting deep heat on them to help the Muscle Pull that occurred during said round probably wouldnt be the best decision ive ever made icon_razz.gif

Haha, it's another classic Bod hard luck story.

Boohoo. icon_frown.gif

Park 1? Hmmmm...one of the smaller pitches aint it? Will the Celtic players be able to fit their swollen heads/bellies through the gate? icon_biggrin.gif

Bring it on!

Ally

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ally_Shaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild: I got sunburn all down my calves playing Golf yesterday, so the odds are that putting deep heat on them to help the Muscle Pull that occurred during said round probably wouldnt be the best decision ive ever made icon_razz.gif

Haha, it's another classic Bod hard luck story.

Boohoo. icon_frown.gif

Park 1? Hmmmm...one of the smaller pitches aint it? Will the Celtic players be able to fit their swollen heads/bellies through the gate? icon_biggrin.gif

Bring it on!

Ally <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye.

Hard Luck wi Falkirk icon_biggrin.gif

Hard Luck wi Raith icon_biggrin.gif

Hard Luck wi The Merc Army icon_biggrin.gif

And club loyalties will be cast aside on Sunday Ally. Jags fans we may be, but if the occasion calls for it, ill go through ye like a train to get that ball lad icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

so do we have 5 for the tim tema then ?

Will you be fit bod ?

Dont want to end up with 4, I know that would probably be enough for the tims, as we're all graced with talent but but no point taking a risk.

Hope you make it frank, if you dont know where the ark is, come along to the pitz at 12 and witness the mauling of the huns on pitch 1 icon_biggrin.gif

and Tims, are we wearing the hoops this weekend or do we all have the new nice and shinny green away strip ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Playing an hour in goals tonight. Leg feels pretty good, should be fine , ill know for definete by midweek , and besides , weve got players to rotate on and off if need be.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild: Jags fans we may be, but if the occasion calls for it, ill go through ye like a train to get that ball lad icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's ok Bod. Just remember I'll go through you like a train to get those chips.

Yummy icon_smile.gif

Ally

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dogs:

Bod i'm not wanting any písh excuse, just let me know whether you are going to play or not icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

one little bit of sun burn and Bod the premadonna is greeting. Excuses lol. Is this the kind of players you are gonna rely on dogs to unlock the huns icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dogs:

Bod i'm not wanting any písh excuse, just let me know whether you are going to play or not icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

one little bit of sun burn and Bod the premadonna is greeting. Excuses lol. Is this the kind of players you are gonna rely on dogs to unlock the huns icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The sunburn is fine , the runout last night was fine, and ill be fine for Sunday. Dont you worry about that Rosco son. Just you get yer excuses ready for when you take another 17 goal humping. Mibbe get yer headline writing mates to come up with a good speech about how your team let you down, lack of commitment, no ability, no team spirit , blah blah blah.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

one little bit of sun burn and Bod the premadonna is greeting. Excuses lol. Is this the kind of players you are gonna rely on dogs to unlock the huns icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The sunburn is fine , the runout last night was fine, and ill be fine for Sunday. Dont you worry about that Rosco son. Just you get yer excuses ready for when you take another 17 goal humping. Mibbe get yer headline writing mates to come up with a good speech about how your team let you down, lack of commitment, no ability, no team spirit , blah blah blah. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wont happen this time Bod it will be closer icon_wink.gif

BREAKING NEWS FROM CASTLE ROSCO!

After reviewing his options, rumours are rife that Huns captain Ross "Chopper" Turpie has decided not to risk playing the same pish that lost by 17 goals in a previous outing, and has brought in a set of ringers to ensure the scoreline stays respectable. Our reporter snapped this EXCLUSIVE picture before he was spotted and chased from the grounds.

huns_new.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

wait a minute !

Rosco how the feck did you manage to convince Terrance and Phillip to play for the forces of Darkness, there south park celebrities !

Next you'll have big gay al in goals <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And whos the keeper for the Huns this weekend? icon_biggrin.gif

wait a minute !

Rosco how the feck did you manage to convince Terrance and Phillip to play for the forces of Darkness, there south park celebrities !

Next you'll have big gay al in goals <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And whos the keeper for the Huns this weekend? icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 'Flying Ferret' icon_razz.gif

Rosco how the feck did you manage to convince Terrance and Phillip to play for the forces of Darkness <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny, I thought it was a bunch of muppets we whipped 28-11. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ally_Shaw:

Yak yak

Rosco, can I borrow a Huns top again? I want to look my best for Her Britanic Majesty's V. If not then it'll be Imperial Japan for me.

I can bring my own cycling shorts.

Cheers

Ally <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gifsure i am bringing 1 for powlay and i got 1 for u icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coisty:

Have fun.

watch out for Roonie and Sy in the showers... everybody else missed that one last time!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? was that the only time either scored was it icon_eek.gif

So yeah im setting off tomorrow 8am ish bombing up to carlisle, gretna past Annan down that long road past the theme park thing near motherwell. To Glasgow parking near the centre and i will be there to take your FREEDOM!

Lo Guys

Finally got the pc back ffs!!

Ferret might only be good for half a game on sunday! So baz get yer gear with ye or you can borrow mine of you want!

Current injuries to the ferret include:

3 Ins surgical slice to remove abcess in lower back.

staived fingers after trying to save a free kick with pish goalie gloves on. (Fingersave gloves rule!)

Will be on the coach to Wiegie land at 7:20am!!!

Still meeting at the grge st station???

See ya tattie munchers later for the mauling

due to getting too ****ed on sat night as it was my brothers birthday i didnt manage to make it and even if i did i couldnt see me playing much football or doing anything really thats me just came round to the land of the living now.We had a surprise meal then a party for my bro and didnt end up home till about 5am.

35-8 jesus if i was in goals it would have been diffarent but today at 7.20am i wasnt in no fit state to walk nevermind play in goals i was relly looking forward to it and had ticket ect but didnt know until i came through to aberdeen it was my brothers birthday.

Hope your all having a blast but dont get into the state i was in on sat night(damn them cheap drink promotions)

Turps runs down the middle of the pitch...stumbles on the ball and loses posession...turn and lets out a almighty scream.

For Fecks sake Powlay!!!

Oh dear we were rumbled good and proper. I have to admit the tropical heat in Glasgow seemed to effect our side more then theres but...we werent good enough plain and simple.

Sy - 4 Kept the tims at bay for a minute or so but let himself down by getting megged from so far out were not sure it wasnt there keeper who hit it.

Powlay - 3 Poor peformance by the Englishman but could anyone have stopped 3 hoops forwards when everyone else was in the other half!

Gaz - 4 Gaz died after 10 minutes had a 30 minute sabatical on the left then came back as SUPERGAZ. Some munching bonecrunching tackles and tast ditch clearences saved the score being more humiliating.

Sav - 5 GEts a good score because his tackle 20 yards from the ball was class!

Turps - 3.5 How the heck can you blame me when you fell over the ball? explain that one icon_biggrin.gif

Ally - 6 tricky and did more running than anyone else, has a stupid hair cut but hey we all have failings! icon_biggrin.gif

We would have had them if we only had a sub!

Wonderful day in Glasgow meeting people i mock on a twice weekly basis and people ive mocked for nearly a year now!

Was a good laugh and well worth the drive there and back.

Looking forward to the next one i have to say!

hehehe Class Powley!

Lost count of the times he started shouting at me last meet........ Was in attack and he and Sy were in defnence. Dogs went right past them and scored .......... **** SAKE COISTY!! icon_biggrin.gif

He wanted me all over the pitch while he stood in the same place for half the match.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coisty:

hehehe Class Powley!

Lost count of the times he started shouting at me last meet........ Was in attack and he and Sy were in defnence. Dogs went right past them and scored .......... **** SAKE COISTY!! icon_biggrin.gif

He wanted me all over the pitch while he stood in the same place for half the match. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but none of u 2 muppets can actually play icon_biggrin.gif

Well thats another one over...and you guessed it another humping from the Tims. It was hard to believe the huns could be any worse than the last time but we were. Despite the hot weather and it ending up 6 a sides and the game was a laugh. Hopefully we can improve for the next one and maybe freshen the team up and at least compete. None of the Huns players really performed and we all know we played bad, i dont need to tell them that. Ally did a good job up front with little support and turps notched most of our goals but we could not defend and the whole performance was very dissapointing. All credit to the Tims, they did it again and did the simple things right like passing, running and keepeing the ball, but again the scoreline flattered them. Theres always the next time....

The day itself went well and respect to all the guys who travelled from a far. The weather was 'tropical' and Scotland actually won a game which we watched in the boozer. In the end 7 hardcore bods were standing (turps,iain,jim,chris,bod,gaz,sy) and we finished drinking at about 11pm so it was messy. After watching the footie, a pub crawl commenced and the Clan did about half a dozen boozers quickly demolishing the kitty in the process. Highlights of the day included Ghod running about bear tap wae a huns top on, Bod ordering 5 plates of chips with the kitty money! turps apparently falling over a football??? Chris getting lost after the 5's and no one noticing, Iain falling down in the beir halle and Scotland actually winning and international football match! Low points were the huns drubbing and gulf in class and commitment in the 5's, the guys who never bothered their arses turning up, Sy not going for a shower after the 5's (boy did he smell bad) and Bod clearing my fridge out when he stayed over. But all in all a good day was had by all and thanks for everyone that made the effort. Pics will follow (some good ones after all!)icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powlay:

Ally...has a stupid hair cut but hey we all have failings! icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least I'm not english icon_razz.gif

Ally <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

point taken!

OOOOOOOOh yeh forgot about ghod and his wee huns bally top barely covering his man boobs

Another clan meet over and another hangover and voice lost.

It all could have gone horribly wrong for the clan youngster though as I missed the train through to Glasgow and had to rely on the MOTORVATOR to get me through to the weegieland and then a cabbie to take me to the pitz where i met up with the lads who were looking in tip top condition for the game.

Made sure to throw on a classic Hibs top before doing the unthinkable and donning the wrong kind of green & white. Cheers to dogs for the top and a loan of shorts which I also forgot to pack.

As for the game itself, it started well at a rather fast pace but after about 10 mins it became the traditional clan game we know and love - a total humping. The Tims were just to strong and even with my Albertz like drives hitting everything but the net (the real reason Sy didn't have a shower was because he didn't want everyone to know he had shat himself!) the tims still overpowered the lacklustre huns. Every player in the hoops jersey can be thoroughly proud of their performance against the pish.

While making myself a handsome ******* which obviously takes a good few mins all the other muppets decided to run off and leave me. Not taking the hint I called a cab and arrived 45 mins after everyone else and just in the nick of time to kick turps off the pool table before his ever growing head exploded icon_razz.gif Rarely was the undisputed pool champ of 2 meets required to go into "Earl the Pearl mode" but there was a little scare when Bod missed a sitter of a black as the pressure got to him. Ghod is still having nightmares about the classy black he can't believe went in icon_eek.gif

Then cue boozing through to 3 in the morning where I can't quite remember what happened other than I managed to spend £70 and didn't even get my hole for it icon13.gif

Well done to everyone for putting on another banter filled day.

The sunburn is fine , the runout last night was fine, and ill be fine for Sunday. Dont you worry about that Rosco son. Just you get yer excuses ready for when you take another 17 goal humping. Mibbe get yer headline writing mates to come up with a good speech about how your team let you down, lack of commitment, no ability, no team spirit , blah blah blah. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wont happen this time Bod it will be closer icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turpie , yer career path is simple. Youll never be a football pundit, but youre a sure fire winner as a comedian. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest sav112

My F****** Legs are killing me, obviously two games of 5’s in a year has killed them. Great to see the pic’s up already and thanks Powlay for the mention of that class tackle, I was just thinking ahead, aye but 2 minutes early might be a bit off. icon_biggrin.gif

And ouch a great pic of me going over on my ankle, or getting ready to pounce as it say’s on the bottom. icon_smile.gif

It’s always good fun, but the regular 5’s guys were to sharp and well fitter.

icon_eek.gif

I just liked the one where "Chopper" Turpie takes out Bod. If i remember rightly, that was actually one where "Chopper" Bod came right across (and probably right through, sorry big man) Turps whilst attempting to deny the huns any time on the ball.

A tactic i might add which worked wonders, since none of them could pass under pressure.

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived