[FM10] This'll have to do.

Willy Wonka

Bradford_City_AFC.png

March Update

Carlisle, League 2, 2.3.13, Away 3-0

Our nearest challengers for the title, although that's not really saying much considering how far behind us they are. We blew Carlisle away. King scored our first after 13 minutes and an own goal 8 minutes later meant we went in 2-0 up at the break. Then Evans, starting for the first time this season due to injuries up front, managed to score a superb goal. Not enough to keep him at the club, but allowing me a fond memory.

Bury, League 2, 9.3.13, Home 3-0

Bury were mid table. I expected an easy win against them. After a nervy opening few minutes, Clark calmed us by scoring from the edge of the box. The goal really seemed to inspire confidence, and from then on we were utterly dominant. Puyo scored our second, and Cotterill our third. There's no question we should've had more, but 3-0 is comfortable. This win saw us secure a playoff birth.

Morecambe, League 2, 16.3.13, Away 3-1

Morecambe were propping up the league table, so I certainly didn't expect them to come out at us as they did. The players seemed a bit shocked and went a goal behind early on. We grew into the game though an by half time Gobern had drawn us level. After the break Morecambe seemed to sit back more, which suited us just fine. First Cotterill and then Berhino scored in quick succession to give us 3 more points.

Macclesfield, League 2, 23.3.13, Home 2-0

Another comfortable win to round up a good month for us. Gadi and Gobern scored, and the three points meant we were promoted.

Transfer Update 24.3.13

To cope with the injuries I have up front, striker Neal Gibbs has come in from 'boro on a 3 month loan deal.

Four wins outta four and promotion. Pretty much the perfect month for the team. The best thing about this month for me though, was how much more secure we looked at the back.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bradford_City_AFC.png

April Update

Cheltenham, League 2, 1.4.13, Away 1-0

A game which could win us the championship. We started poorly, allowing Cheltenham to control the pace of the game. A quick counter attack lead to a corner for us, and allowed us to establish a foothold in the game. It was an even encounter until half time, and the scores remained level. Gibb came on for his debut, replacing Berhino and the impact was immediate. His pace and strength fashioned an opportunity for King to shoot just wide. Minutes later though, Gibb went it alone, and scored his first for the club. With 30 minutes left, we weren't celebrating quite yet, but Cheltenham seemed to lose their attacking edge and we stifled them, a fifth man in midfield allowing them no room to play. It ended 1-0. We had won the league, and there were 7 games still to play.

Wycombe, League 2, 6.4.13, Home 3-1

I expected a slack performance with the league already won, and I got it. Somehow we took the points though. Gibb had his shooting boots on and scored a nice goal after 16 minutes, and the match continued up until half time with little to note. Immediately after the break, we won a corner, from which Luke Ayling, my young centre back, picked up the ball from 25 yards and lashed home an unstoppable shot into the bottom corner for his first for the club. Wycombe scored shortly after and the way the match was going I could see them equalising. But Cotterill scored late on and gave us 3 more points.

Welling, League 2, 13.4.13, Away 2-1

Had Welling been fighting relegation or pushing for the playoffs at this point I may have been tempted to throw the game, but as they were safely mid table, I went for the win. Hayes scored after 7 minutes and we were constantly on the attack. Remember Omar Bogle? Yeah, he then scored a marvellous goal (which he never bloody did for me) meaning we went in at the break on level terms. The match continued at an even pace, both teams seemed happy with the point, until Gibb popped up with a great header to steal us 3 points late on. I didn't feel great about the win, but at the same time I'm proud of how well my old club are coping.

Northampton, League 2, 16.4.13, Away 4-2

A game which could prove to be tricky. Northampton were 7th at the start of play. Gibb continued his hot streak with an early goal, finishing with power from 15 yards. Rehman then decided to thank me for starting him by conceeding a penalty. Which was converted. Laters, Zesh. Gibb then had a hand in our second goal, sending through Hayes to score a decent finish. Whiff of offside about that one. Not to worry though, Northampton replied quickly, making it 2-2 with 20 minutes to go. We upped the pressure, probing for a goal, which came on 83 minutes when King ended his dry spell with a wonderful solo goal. He added a second moments later. Good result for us.

Bournemouth, League 2, 20.4.13, Home 3-0

Bournemouth had slipped back to 4th in the league, after lying 2nd for so long. I expected a tough game. We were under attack from the off, but a decisive break away saw Gibb score his 5th in 5 games since joining the club. Bournemouth's Falkingham, who they'd signed from us in January, was then sent off for punching Gobern. Jealousy. From the resulting play Kendall burst through their defence to score our second. When Kendall scored his second and our third, it threatened to become a rout. After half time though, there were no real chances, and it finished 3-0.

Yeovil, League 2, 27.4.13, Away 4-1

I was a bit worried when we went 1-0 down, but Gibb scored again to bring us back level. We then stepped up a gear as an own goal, N'Diaye and Puyo put us 4-1 up at half time. That's how it finished.

The team continued a superb winning streak, extending it to 11 games. Roll on league 1. Oh and Champions /0\.

May Update

Accrington, League 2, 4.5.13, Home 1-1

Our biggest crowd of the season saw us give a terrible performance. Gadi and Gibb started up front together but didn't gel. Cotterill scored a penalty after we went a goal down, but we looked inept going forward. Our run was over.

Burton, League 2, 11.5.13, Away 2-1

Finished on a win, Cotterill and King scoring.

Bradford_City_AFC.png

Bradford City - League 2 - 2012/13 Season

Quite an exception season at Bradford. We won the league at a canter, and had a great run in the FA Cup.

Table

Easy peasy. This is the easiest season I've ever had on FM, as I simply rolled through the games. The formality of winning took some of the enjoyment from the game though, and the utter lack of challenge ended up becoming a bit of a bore.

Squad

The most important factor this year was goals throughout the team. Sure, Gadi and King scored the bulk, but my wingers and centre mids really chipped in. I was a bit worried about the defence, as it's very young, but there'll be time to build on that in the future.

Transfers

I spent well this year. Some of my better buys, Cotterill and N'Diaye for example, came at the end of last season, when we were still in League 1. I'm not sure if this decieved the AI, because they were way too good for this league.

Unfortunately I seem to have lost some of my player screenshots this time around, and this report seems very brief.

Welling watch - They finished a very respectable 12th. Well played to them.

Season       Club         GP    W    D    L    GF    GA    DIF    Days in job    

2009/10      Welling      41    21   12   8    66    51    14         -             
2010/11      Welling      50    29   9    13   94    62    32         -             
2011/12      Welling      57    42   7    8    117   53    64         954             
2012/13      Bradford     54    42   5    7    136   53    83         -

Season    Club          |  League                  |  Country      | Position (of) |        Achievements             

2009/10   Welling       |  Blue Square South       |  England      |  4th (22)     |   Promoted through playoffs 
2010/11   Welling       |  Blue Square Premier     |  England      |  4th (24)     |   Lost in Playoff Semi final
2011/12   Welling       |  Blue Square Premier     |  England      |  1st (24)     |   Won the BSP, FA Cup Third Round, Won FA Trophy 
2012/13   Bradford      |  League 2                |  England      |  1st (24)     |   Won L2, FA Cup Fourth Round

Stay at Bradford in my opinion Will. Winning the league with 120 points would suggest you have the basis for a pretty good side. I would stay and continue what you've started.

Fulham maybe a bigger club but debt of £153million would suggest to me that unless there is some sort of takeover you will be having to sell your best players every season just to break even!

As much as I appreciate your input Ian, I've decided to go against it. I agree, at Bradford I have a stable financial situation and my own side, but this is a career save, and I feel I can take Fulham to the Premiership after 1 season, which will do wonders for my reputation. Getting to the Prem with Bradford would take me, I feel, 4 seasons at the very least.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

July/August

A busy month, as once again I couldn't resist building an entirely new team.

[/url]

I'm not totally happy with my transfers to be honest. Last season I was able to build a side I was completely happy with, but this time I feel we're lacking in defence. The big name players had to leave, I knew that, but only getting £2.5m for Van der Vaart was a bit annoying. Coming in, Michael Johnson was a steal on a free transfer, and Wilshere so far has proved he's a good player. I though Acapandie was a great signing; I remember him playing for Arsenal in another of my saves, but my coaches don't seem to rate him. I had to buy King, just to ensure he progresses as a player; my scouts rate him as having Premiership potential. Two players I am excited about are and , who are both capable of cutting it at the highest level.

Squad 2

We're a bit weak up front, but there aren't any strikers willing to join us now. I tried a cheeky bid for Drogba but he didn't want to come. To be honest, I'm not sure this is a squad, at the moment, good enough to win promotion. It's young and still maturing. Certainly, it'll take time to gel, so maybe playoffs is the most realistic aim for this season.

Finance

Financially, we're in OK shape. Before I went a bit mad signing Turkish youngsters at the end of the window, we were £10m in the black. Now things aren't looking so good, and I'm sure as the season progresses we're going to lose a lot of money, from loans and fairly high wages. Hopefully the Craven Cottage faithful will keep turning up, otherwise we'll be in trouble.

On with the season:

Stoke, Championship, 10.8.13, Away 1-0

We started our campaign with pretty much the toughest possible match, Stoke being favourites for the title and posessing a strong squad. It was a cagey match, neither team seemed to want to lose, but we had the luck on our side. 62 minutes in the ball dropped for right winger Cerci to score the only goal of the game, and give us a welcome three points. It wasn't a good performance, and we look pretty blunt up front.

Crystal Palace, Championship, 17.8.13, Home 1-0

A terrible performance; I actually felt embarassed about winning this. Palace were the much better side, and we looked wooden all over the pitch, struggling to keep possession. But Palace did nothing with their opportunites and on 79 minutes, Hoesen was brought down in the box, allowing right back Madsen to score on his debut.

18.8.13 - Hired as Jamaica manager.

Bizarre.

Millwall, Championship, 20.8.13, Away 2-1

Another tough match against a side recently relegated, and again we barely came out on top. Merchan, playing in central midfield scored our first with a rasping shot the 'keeper should've kept out, but Millwall's equaliser seemed to have earnt them a deserved point. Not to be, as King scored his first for the club and stole us three points.

Notts County, Championship, 24.8.13, Home 4-1

Will the real Jack Wilshere please stand up? This performance came from nowhere, and the Arsenal wonderkid showed Notts who's boss. Barre put us 1-0 up, but Notts levelled on 40 minutes to send us in level. After the break Wilshere came into his own, skinning two players to score his first, and then scoring a great volley for his second. Acapandie put the icing on the cake to take us top.

Barnet, League Cup 2nd round, 27.8.13, Away 1-0e

Urgh. Turgid performance as we squeezed past Leauge 2 Barnet. I thought we were passed these performances but we had no inspiration. Michael Johnson scored a late penalty to give us a win we barely deserved.

Nottingham Forest, Championship, 31.8.13, Away 1-1

Hoesen's first of the season gave us a point in a really boring match.

5 wins out of 6 seems like a good start, but the performance's have left a lot to be desired. We're top of the league, but I doubt for much longer.

Jamaica_football_federation.png

Jamaica - Joined 18.8.13

Quite an odd turn of events really. I applied thinking I had not a hope in hell, and then a month later they came back to be offering the job.

The side isn't the best, but looking at the table, I think I can qualify for the World Cup, it all rides on our game away at Honduras, as I don't fancy a play off.

October Update

El Salvador, World Cup Qualifier, 7.9.13, Home 2-0

Really the perfect start to my career as an international manager. The squad might not be the most talented, or the freshest, but there is experience throughout the team, and pace too. Rudolph Austin, a central midfielder playing at New York, scored our first, a belter from 20 yards, and Luton Shelton, who plays for Toulouse, scored our second. The win, coupled with Honduras losing to the USA, meant we were in pole position to qualify for the World Cup.

Honduras, World Cup Qualifier, 11.9.13, Away 0-0

A game which would essentially decide our fate. A point would've been enough, and we were lucky to get it. Honduras had over 20 shots in the game, and although most of them were from distance, we produced a nervy display. The point meant we were 3 ahead of Honduras with 2 games left. They play Haiti and El Salvador, we play Mexico and Haiti. I hope to get 4 points from those games, which will see us through regardless of Honduras' results.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

Swansea, Championship, 14.9.13, Home 0-0

Back to the grind with an utterly dour draw agaisnt Swansea.

Wolves, Championship, 17.9.13, Away 2-0

This was a really gritty, workmanlike performance. We lacked true flair, but moments of real brilliance won us the game. A truly world class ball from Bulut to assist Merchan was brilliant, and Bakenga scored a lucky second to give us a good three points. We've had a tough start to the season, fixture wise, and have come through unscathed.

Plymouth, Championship, 21.9.13, Home 2-1

Bakenga finally decided to put his shooting boots on, scoring two as we won a tense game. One either side of half time was enough for us to claim 3 more points and move clear at the top of the league.

Watford, League Cup 3rd round, 24.9.13, Home 2-1

The League Cup continues to be a drain on my resources. Again, we went into extra time, and again we relied on a late penalty to secure the win. Bakenga scored both of our goals to keep up his fine form. We've drawn Liverpool in the next round.

Huddersfield, Championship, 28.9.13, Away 3-2

Hudders had lost their last 5 in a row, so I certainly didn't expect to go 2 goals down before half time. Luckily, the side has spirit, and lead by Wilshere we managed to turn it around, Saglam scoring his first for the side, and Hoesen wrapping up a great turnaround.

Unbeaten still, but the we've been very lucky. I'm not sure how long we can keep this going for, and I'm tempted to change my tactic around a bit.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

October Update

Norwich, Championship, 1.10.13, Home 4-1

An emphatic win against quite a poor side. Barre scored our first with an absoloute bullet of a header, and Moses scored to put us two up by half time. Just after the break we broke quickly for Moses to score his second, and Bakenga continued his good form rounding off the win.

Coventry, Championship, 5.1.13, Home 1-3

Nrrrghhhhhhhhhh.

Wigan, Championship, 19.1.13, Away 0-0

With our unbeaten run having come to an end in such an awful fashion, we needed to get back on track. Wigan didn't allow us to do that, they were the better side throughout and we barely held on for a point.

Charlton, Championship, 23.1.13, Away 3-0

Rock bottom Charlton offered us a chance to reclaim the top spot in the league, which to my relief we took. First half goals for Merchan, Morleau and Wilshere were enough to win it, and it was an efficient, if not particularly convincing win against a poor side.

Peterborough, Championship, 26.1.13, Home 2-0

Our third game in 7 days, and the strain told as we struggled to a win. Acapandie scored just before the break in a goal mouth scramble, and a penalty converted by Johnson put us two up after 60 minutes. Peterborough had the chance to hit right back as Gilmour, my young left back, conceded a penalty, but Pantilimon made a great stop to keep us 2 ahead.

Liverpool, League Cup 4th round, 29.1.13, Home

Not the ideal match for me, as I could really use the revenue of a good cup run. I decided that defeat was pretty much inevitable and gave a few youngesters a run out. We gave a good account of ourselves, and I'll venture it was our best performance of the season. Torres scored early to put Liverpool ahead, but to our credit we didn't roll over and midway through the second half, King scored to put us in with a shout. It was Torres though, who dumped us out of the cup, breaking Fulham hearts on 88 minutes.

I'm not sure whether it was the utter dominance I had with Bradford, but our performances just aren't convincing at the moment. We're top of the league yes, but I don't really see a difference in class between us and mid table sides, and if I do get promoted this year, there is no way this team could survive in the Premiership. Perhaps a more real concern is the finances at the club. Already, we're in the red, losing about a million each month. I'm concerned, and not really enjoying myself.

Jamaica Update - October

Mexico, World Cup Qualifier, 12.10.13, Home 1-3

I wasn't expecting anything from this game, and we got nothing. Although Mexico didn't outplay us comletely, their goals more than anything showed their extra class. Players like Guardado and Vela are matchwinners. Vernon scored our goal when we were 2 down, briefly giving me hope, which was snuffed out quickly. Honduras drew with Haiti, meaning we had a 2 point cushion going into our final match with the same opposition.

Haiti, World Cup Qualifier, 16.10.13, Home 2-0

We started nervously, allowing Haiti to establish themselves and create a few half chances. As half time approached, we grew into the game, and after a decent move, striker Shelton scored a placed finish. After the break we were dominant, and could've had 5. I settled for one more though, Shelton again it was who scored the goal which sent us to the World Cup. My results as Jamaica manager hadn't been anything special, but they were enough to ensure that I would be plying my trade on the world stage next year. I'm excited about that.

World Cup 2014 Qualification

| Pos   | Inf   | Team        |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | Q     | Mexico      |       | 10    | 7     | 2     | 1     | 31    | 10    | +21   | 23    | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   | Q     | U.S.A.      |       | 10    | 7     | 2     | 1     | 22    | 9     | +13   | 23    | 
| 3rd   | Q     | Jamaica     |       | 10    | 4     | 4     | 2     | 13    | 9     | +4    | 16    | 
| 4th   | Pl    | Honduras    |       | 10    | 3     | 2     | 5     | 17    | 19    | -2    | 11    | 
| 5th   |       | El Salvador |       | 10    | 2     | 1     | 7     | 6     | 22    | -16   | 7     | 
| 6th   |       | Haiti       |       | 10    | 1     | 1     | 8     | 4     | 24    | -20   | 4     | 
|       |       |             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

November Update

Southampton, Championship, 2.11.13, Home 2-2

This was a match we had in the bag at half time. Moses scored twice and we were well on our way to claiming a good win against a side in playoff contention. Typically, we managed to **** it up royally and blow two points conceding cheap goals.

Derby, Championship, 5.11.13, Away 0-3

For christs sake. We're really rubbish.

Sheffield United, Championship, 9.11.13, Away 2-0

After the loss at Derby, I changed my tactic around. I've gone for a narrower tactic, no wingers and Wilshere at the top of the diamond. It seemed to work quite well, we seemed more solid and all my best players were able to play. Hoesen scored both of our goals.

Bristol City, Championship, 23.11.13, Home 0-0

Meh. This was our second 0-0 of the season, and it was just so boring to watch. Both sides were hopeless in posession, and what little chances there were, strikers managed to blaze over the bar.

Scunthorpe, Championship, 30.11.13, Away 1-0

A completely average win against the league's bottom side. Hoesen scored just after half time and we didn't look like conceding, but I'd have liked to score a couple more, as our goal difference took a hit at Derby.

Bit of a mix month, the loss really annoyed me. We've lost our top stop, Wolves are not top of the league, but luckily we have a slight advantage over 3rd place Millwall.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

December Update

QPR, Championship, 7.12.13, Home 1-0

Another ground out result. Wilshere scored our only goal, and it was a brilliant finish. There's something missing from our game at the moment, I think a really stand out striker, but without funds there's no way I can change this.

8.12.13 - Transfer Update

Barre, my star player really, has decided he wants to move on. I tried to persuade him to stay, but he doesn't want to. I think I could get a good amount for him, and with the dire straits our finances are in, I think I may have to cash in.

Watford, Championship, 10.12.13, Away 2-1

I'm not sure how we didn't win this match by a mile. Watford were 1 up at the break, a lucky goal. After half time we destroyed them, Johnson scoring shortly after the break, and the ammount of chances we had should have put the game out of sight. The sides utter lack of character though, meant Watford scoring was almost inevitable. They did. We lost. We suck.

Birmingham, Championship, 14.12.13, Home 1-0

Wilshere scored our only goal in a really tight game. After 60 minutes he was put through an finished brilliantly.

Crewe, Championship, 21.12.13, Home 3-0

Finally, a performance worthy of champions. Wilshere was the absoloute heart and soul of the team, running Crewe ragged. True, they're bottom of the league, but it was still a great performance. Wilshere scored twice, Merchan scored our third.

Stoke, Championship, 26.12.13, Home 3-0

Stoke were underacheiving massively, and we added to their misery. Acapandie scored our first. In the second half, young centre back Saglam scored his first for the club, and Bulut, our other Turk scored a good freekick to round off the win.

Notts County, Championship, 28.12.13, Away 0-2

We end the year with a loss. Not a bad display in all honesty, but we lacked a bit of class. The lads were dead on their feet by the end of the game and I think that more than anything was the reason we lost.

The end of another year, and I'm not sure what to make of my first 6 months in charge. To be honest I haven't much enjoyed it, and I don't like feeling pressure to win matches. We're 2nd in the league, 2 points behind Wolves who have a game in hand, and 11 points ahead of Sheff Utd. Barre has left the club, joining Barca for £5m, which should help my finances a bit, as well as leaving a bit of room in the wage budget. In January I'm going to have to streamline the club a bit more, try to save money wherever I can, because at the moment we're a wreck. Roll on 2014, year of the World Cup in Brazil.

It looks like moving to Fulham may turn out to be a good choice Willy. I assume Sheffield United are 3rd? so that would mean an eleven point gap going into the second half of the season, surely it's in the bag!?

I'd have thought it was in the bag too Ian, but I'm always sure this team are capable of going on a 5 match losing streak. Our dependance on Wilshere is frightening.

Jamaica Update

So, the World Cup groups have been drawn. I was hoping for an average group where maybe I could sneak through to the second round. Yeah right.

We've drawn France, Holland and Ecuador.

No chance of progressing at all.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

January Update

Transfer Update 1.1.14

To try and balance our spiralling debts I've sold off Barre for £5m, and Cerci for £4.5m. Getting that amount for Cerci is brilliant, considering I got him for free in the summer, he had hardly played and was eating away at my wage budget.

Crystal Palace, Championship, 1.1.14, Away 2-1

Our first game of the year, and it was a struggle against London rivals Palace. If I'm honest, they were the slightly better team, but these were three good points against a side in playoff contention. Merchan scored our first after good work from Wilshere, and Hoesen our second. Palace scored on 70 minutes to keep it interesting, but our nerve held.

Torquay, FA Cup 3rd round, 4.1.14, Away 6-1

League 2 Torquay weren'y expected to put up a fight. They didn't. Wilshere scored a brace, so did Acapandie, and Merchan the fifth. Torquay then scored straight from the kick off, making it 5-1, before Bakenga scored his first goal in over 15 hours of football to wrap up a resounding win.

Millwall, Championship, 11.1.14, Home 2-1

Another good win. Millwall are a good side, and we were the better side throughout. Bakenga and Wilshere had given us a 2-0 lead at half time, and after the break we continued to press, but were unable to break through. Millwall scored a late consolation.

Nottingham Forest, Championship, 18.1.14, Home 1-2

Our first of two conescutive matches against Forest, and we came our the worst here. Bakenga scored first and we went in at half time 1 up. Forest really came at us in the second half though and scored twice on 61 and 63 minutes to take the lead. I threw everything I had at them but they held out. Forest moved up to third, 8 points behind me.

Nottingham Forest, FA Cup 4th round, 25.1.14, Home 2-0

Revenge. I had rested a few players for the previous match and it showed as we outclassed Forest here. Wilshere scored both our goals to set up a 5th round tie with Norwich.

Swansea, Championship, 28.1.14, Away 2-0

A good end to a good month. Boateng and Hoesen scored either side of half time to give us a two goal lead, something Swansea never looked like recovering from.

We've climbed to the top of the league, after trailing Wolves for most of the season. Forest beating us has made me look over my shoulder a little more.

The lack of goals from my strikers is a worry, but we're OK in other areas. I'm now playing with no wingers which seems to suit the side a lot more and allows me to play my best players week in week out.

The transfers this month have moved me back into the black. The loan we have is eating us financially and means that I don't see myself having a particularly long term career with Fulham. Any chance I get to move to a good side abroad, I'll take.

Welling and Bradford watch:

Welling are coping, mid table in leaguge 2 after being in playoff contention earlier in the year. Bradford are performing remarkably well, currently 3rd in League 1.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

February Update

Wolves, Championship, 1.2.14, Home 2-1

A game which could put us 6 points clear at the top of the league. Acapandie opened the scoring on 7 minutes to prove his big game credentials, but Wolves equalising after sloppy defending made me feraful. They continued on the offensive until half time. After the break though, it was an even game, and a good finish from Bakenga won it for us. Interestingly, Forest lost 6-0 to Huddersfield, who we face in a couple of weeks.

Plymouth, Championship, 8.2.14, Away 2-2

Nrggghhhhh. Infuriating. We were 2-0 with 10 minutes to go, Hodges and Wilshere each having scored good goals, but an injury to centre back Salgam left us having to play Bernal in defence. Plymouth scored 2 easy goals and I was thoroughly ****ed off.

Huddersfield, Championship, 11.2.14, Home 3-0

An assertive performance against a dangerous club. Wilshere scored two goals, the first a brilliant finish from a great takedown, and Hoesen scored our other. Huddersfield actually put up a good fight, especially in the second half, but we were a little better in front of goal. Boateng's late sending off left a sour taste.

Norwich, FA Cup 5th round, 15.2.14, Away 1-0

Reaaaaly tight game this, that we barely came out on top in. Left back John Gilmour scored the only goal of the game after 62 minutes to put us into the 6th round, which I equates to the quarters? We've been drawn against Man City. Dammit.

Coventry, Championship, 19.2.14, Away 1-0

Coventry gave me my first loss as Fulham manager, but they were languishing near the bottom of the table. The first half was a pretty dull affair. The second began better though, Merchan scoring a good header from a Gilmour free kick. Coventry pummelled us, looking for an equaliser but couldn't find a way through. Amazingly, Boateng was sent off for the second time in 2 games. We've moved 11 points clear at the top of the league.

Norwich, Championship, 22.2.14, Away 0-1

Norwich were looking for revenge. They were looking to attack us but couldn't really break through my defence. Up front, Hoesen and Acapandie wasted several good chances. In the second half the team looked tired, and Norwich began to exert control. They scored in the 80th minute.

A good month overall, one which leaves us top by 8 points.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

March Update

Charlton, Championship, 1.3.14, Home 2-0

An utterly straightforward win. Charlton didn't threaten at all, and we looked decent, if not particularly threatening going forward. Bakenga and Hoesen scored our goals.

Man City, FA Cup 1/4 Finals, 9.3.14, Away 0-2

A big game for us, but we simply weren't up to the task. City have been the dominant force in english football for the past few years, but I had expected us to give them a bit more of a game. We were limp and they had over 20 shots, luckily Pantilimon was on top form and kept the score respectable. At least we made £300k from the match.

Wigan, Championship, 12.3.14, Home 1-0

Gritty gritty gritty. A really hard fought match against a Wigan side who had underacheived this season. From a corner, Bernal scored a great strike from 20 yards, and this proved to be the only goal of the game.

Peterborough, Championship, 15.3.14, Away 3-1

Throughout the first half we were utterly dominated, 'boro scoring only once, but they should have had more. I changed things around at half time and we were able to mount a comeback. First Johnson scored his first since returning from a 3 month injury, then Saglam, who has replaced Barre comfortably at centre back scored a header, and finally Boateng rounded up the scoring with a placed finish.

Sheffield United, Championship, 18.3.14, Home 0-0

Bore.

Southampton, Championship, 22.3.14, Away 3-1

The second time in a week we've come back from a goal down at half time to win 3-1. Here, Hoesen scored our first, Bakenga a brilliant second, and Moreau our third. The win cemented our place in the playoffs.

Derby, Championship, 25.3.14, Home 5-2

It's amazing how much more potent we looked going forward here. Wilshere was at the absoloute top of his game after a slight dip in his recent form, and he scored two goals and assisted another. Bakenga was also on the scoresheet twice, with Moreau scoring our fifth.

QPR, Championship, 29.3.14, Away 0-0

Another bore draw.

A month which won me my first Championship Manager of the Month award, and one which left us all but a certainty to win the league. We are 12 points clear of Forest with only 5 games left to play. Financially we continue to deteriorate, but I've identified cheap targets for the summer, and deadwood in my squad.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

April/May Update

Bristol City, Championship, 5.4.14, Away 0-2

Other results permitting, this could've been the day we won the title. Instead we were embarrassed by the division's form team. City tore us apart and we had no attacking edge, possibly due to the absence of Wilshere.

Scunthorpe, Championship, 12.4.14, Home 2-1

Our chance to win the league. We took it. With Forest losing the stage was set, and we gave, if not a champions performance, then a competent one. Bakenga scored the first, and Boateng wrapped up a good performance with a great headed goal to win us the league. My reputation was boosted to national.

Watford, Championship, 21.4.14, Home 0-0

With the league already sewn up, I couldn't care less about these last few games. My attention has gone into hiring and firing staff and trying in vain to find some Premiership quality strikers for a decent price. Hopefully that'll be easier when the club get a reputation boost next year. The performance was suitably lacklustre.

Birmingham, Championship, 26.4.14 Away 3-0

Probably our best performance of the season, as we completely outclassed Birmingham and the team proved to me they might be able to stay up next year. The goals were scored by loanee Vollborn, and Johnson, who put his injury behind him to score two world class goals. This would've been the perfect game to end to season on.

Crewe, Championship, 4.5.14, Away

Instead this was our last game of the year. And it was an utterly boring one. No intensity, and with Crewe already relegated, we were lucky not to slip to an embarrassing loss.

Champions for the third time in my career. With the promotion to the Premiership I expect my career to take off. I'll stay at Fulham for one more season at the least, hopefully keeping them up, and then I'd love to move abroad. Prepared to slip into mindless continuing for 2 months, I remembered this is a World Cup year. My Jamaican side will have to navigate Holland, France and Ecuador in Brazil to progress.

2014 World Cup

Before the tournament started, we had a friendly match against Cyprus, a team ranked marginally above us in the FIFA rankings. We beat them comfortably, winning 3-1, and giving me a glimmer of hope for the World Cup proper.

France, World Cup Group D, 16.6.14 0-0

The screenshot says it all really. Somehow, we managed to emerge from this game form a point. I don't really know how. Their domination was absoloute, but they can be critisized for not being clinical enough. In the other game, Holland defeated Ecuador comfortably.

Ecuador, World Cup Group D, 21.6.14 2-3

A much better match, well, a more even one. Ecuador are a much stronger team than us, but we showed real spirit and could have snatched a draw as Hines went desperately close at the end. The loss meant we needed to beat Holland to progress. Fat chance.

Holland, World Cup Group D, 25.6.14 1-2

Argh we came so close. Gardner, in his last game before retirement, came on at half time and on 64 minutes scored with a controlled finish. For 4 blissful minutes we were in the second round. Arjen Robben disturbed those dreams. Huntelaar destroyed them. I couldn't really feel aggrieved, but there was a twinge of annoyance.

We finished bottom of the group, with Ecuador and Holland qualifying. France missed out. I have resigned as Jamaica manager.

Remarkably, Nigeria went on to win the 2014 World Cup, beating Germany 2-1 in the final.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

Fulham FC - Championship - 2013/14 Season

Another successful season then, and one that brings me into the top tier of English football, just 5 seasons into my career (*smug*).

Table

Progress

I LOVE it when screenies do that. In the end, the league win was quite comfortable. Wolves kept pace with us for the first 30odd games of the season, but their form dropped massively and we kicked on. I never thought we were too good for the division, just that we took our opportunities better than most, and our defence was strong. Next season should be very tough, and experienced recruits are needed to supplement a young side.

Squad

Again, sorry about the screenshot. The squad is young, and lacking on any real battlers. I went for more 'flair' players at the beginning of the season. More worrying is the lack of quality up front. Wilshere was our top scorer, and our best player of the season by quite a way, but it would've been nice to have had a striker I could count on for goals. At the back, we were the best in the division, and I think that although young, we'll be able to cope at the back next year. Moreau is now singled out as the best player in the side, and although he's young, he has the mental capacity to lead the team, and is my captain. His partner, Saglam, only became a regular in January, but he soon settled in and he and Moreau could become a formidable partnership in seasons to come. They were backed up by the more experienced Pantilimon, who early in the season kept us in several matches. As the side grew though, he was less influential; I guess this is a good thing. In midfield, I think wingers are always effective in the Prem, thus I'll hope to sign a couple of high quality ones in the summer.

Transfers

This year was more hit and miss in the transfer window. Overall, I made £31m, and spent £16m, as all the old, highly paid players were sold on. The best buys have been mentioned, but Michael Johnson was consistent, when he wasn't injured, and most of my players did a good job. The most disappointing were defensive midfield players Bernal and Bulut, neither of whom lived up to their price tags.

Finances

This is the only part of the club I am truly concerned about. The debt has now gone up to £165m, and it means I have to keep selling off my players to balance the books. Looks like Ian was right about this one.

Season       Club         GP    W    D    L    GF    GA    DIF     Days in job    

2011/12      Welling      57    42   7    8    117   53    64          954             
2012/13      Bradford     54    42   5    7    136   53    83          372
2013/14      Fulham       54    34   10   10   87    41    46

Season    Club          |  League                  |   Country      | Position (of) |        Achievements             

2009/10   Welling       |  Blue Square South       |  England      |   4th (22)     |   Promoted through playoffs 
2010/11   Welling       |  Blue Square Premier     |  England      |   4th (24)     |   Lost in Playoff Semi final
2011/12   Welling       |  Blue Square Premier     |  England      |   1st (24)     |   Won the BSP, FA Cup Third Round, Won FA Trophy 
2012/13   Bradford      |  League 2                |  England      |   1st (24)     |   Won L2, FA Cup Fourth Round
2013/14   Fulham        |  Championship            |  England      |   1st (24)     |   Won Championship, FA Cup 1/4 Finals.

232px-England_crest_2009.svg.png

Joined 20.7.14

Quite an occasion then. England went out in the group stages at the World Cup, and Stuart Pearce was subsequently sacked. Enter Carruthers. The team is still fairly similar to the one you'll all be familiar with, although many star players are aging. My aim will be to bring in a new generation.

Understandably, I'm expected to qualifying from this group, and I don't think I should have too many problems.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

July/August Update

Predictably, there were lots of comings and goings in the transfer window, as I looked to bring in some experience to help my young side cope in the Premiership. It ended up with me essentially replacing my entire team.

I've decided to continue with my narrow formation, due to there be no wingers available of sufficient quality - in my price range anyway. I think we're definitely strong enough in midfield now, and the defence is shaping up well, I have almost too many defenders. I am, though, once again concerned with my attacking options. I sold or loaned off most of my strike force from last year, deeming them not strong enough, but then neglected to replace them with better players. Camara and Prosenik are good players, but with no real back up, one of them getting injured puts us in a pickle.

I think the first year of my career I have spent more than I've recieved. Going out, receiving £8m for Bulut was great business, and Hoesen wasn't really worth £6.5m, so that worked out well. Coming in, perhaps our best bit of business was Real Madrid - my parent team - loaning my Yildirgan, a Turkish centre back, rated as a wonderkid. Annoyingly, both Rinaldo and Vorsah joined the club, but I learnt they need work permits to play here. Waste of wages. Guarin was a good signing, harking back to I think FM06 (maybe 07) where he was awesome. Our biggest coup though was a 36 year old Frank Lampard joining for free. Time will tell whether he's still up to the task.

Finances are suckish.

Sheffield United, Premiership, 16.8.14, Away 0-0

Our first game of the season came against a side who had been promoted through the playoffs last year. I expected to win this one, but with so many new players we never really clicked, and although we had chances to score, so did they, and a draw was a fair result.

Newcastle, Premiership, 19.8.14, Away 0-0

Travelling to St James was going to be tough, Newcastle finished 4th last year and looking through their side, it was filled with talent. They were the much better side in the first half, but we came into our own in the second, and forced some decent chances. I think that again, a draw was a fair result.

Leeds, Premiership, 23.8.14, Home 2-0

Our first game at Craven Cottage and we gave the fans something to cheer about. Captain Moreau, standing in for Michael Johnson, scored our first of the season with a header from a corner, and not long later Ian Cameron, my newly signed right back, scored a screamer of a freekick to put the game beyond doubt.

Reading, League Cup 2nd Round, 26.8.14, Away 3-0

When finances are as bad as they are, cup competitions provide a good source of extra income, so I was keen to stay in the cups as long as possible. This was a good performance against Championship Reading, goals coming from Lampard and Yildirgan in the first half, and Prosenik in the second.

Hull, Premiership, 30.8.14, Home 0-0

A slight pattern emerging, as we recorded our third 0-0 of the season. Hull are a much better side than us, so this was by no means a bad result, but we look slightly blunt going forward, so goals would be nice.

A gentle introduction to the Premier League, I feel. No really big names, but teams good enough to challenge us. It's an international weekend next, so hopefully no injuries.

September Update

Finland, Friendly, 6.9.14, Home 2-1

My England career got off to a shakey start. We were 1-0 down after only 7 minutes, and Finland had a chance to score another moments later. Luckily we regained composure, and after 20 minutes Ashley Young, starting on the left, scored a header would you believe, to level the scores. After the break, Aaron Lennon, the most valuable player in the world having recently moved to Inter for £42.5m, scored after a snaking run. All this without an injured Wayne Rooney, our best player.

Israel, Euro Qualifiers, 10.9.14, Home 3-0

Our first game of the qualifiers, and it was simple. Delfouneso, partnering Danny Welbeck up front, scored our first after good work from the latter, before John Terry, still captain at 33, scored our second with a trademark header. Aaron Lennon scored out third in a subdued second half.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

Tottenham, Premiership, 15.9.14, Away 1-0

A short trip across the capital for our first derby of the season, against rock bottom Spurs. It was another close affair, won by a great strike on 12 minutes from Lampard.

West Brom, League Cup 3rd Round, 23.9.14, Home 3-1

The only bad thing about the performance was conceding a goal. Guarin put us one up with a placed finish from outside the area, before Bakenga scored our second, have just been recalled from loan (pointlessly as he isn't elligable for the Prem). West Brom pulled one back, and it was a tight affair until 80 minutes where Camara scored his first for the club. We've drawn Liverpool away in round 4. Not the draw I wanted.

Blackburn, Premiership, 27.9.14, Away

12 minutes in we conceded our first goal of the Premiership campaign, Samba outjumping Onuoha to head home. After the break we continued to struggle with rhythm and I wasn't suprised when they scored their second. It was annoying to lose, expecially with some hard matches coming up, so points here would've been nice.

After 6 games we lie 10th in the league, so I fell this has been a good start to the season. We have Liverpool next.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

October Update

Liverpool, Premiership, 4.10.14, Home 1-1

My first game against top opposition, and we performed well enough. We had Jack Day to thank for keeping us in it. We took the lead after 9 minutes through Camara, but Liverpool quickly equalised. We weren't outclassed, but it was clear who the better side were. A good point.

Middlesborough, Premiership, 18.10.14, Home 3-1

This is the kind of game we have to win, if we want to stay in the division. At home against an average side who currently sit 18th. Prosenik scored a belter for our first, and Lampard our second. Camara put us 3-0 shortly after the break and although boro' came at us, their goal was nothing more than consolation.

West Brom, Premiership, 25.10.14, Away 1-1

Sitting bottom of the league, West Brom were a team we should beat. We were quite impressive in the first half, Prosenik giving us the lead. Annoyingly, though, West Brom pulled one back in injury time and we went in even. We came out again, and my record signing Simao decided to get a second yellow card, leaving a win looking unlikely. West Brom pushed forward, and in all honesty we were lucky to escape with a point.

Liverpool, League Cup 4th Round, 28.10.14, Away 1-0e

Oh I do love this game sometimes. After being hammered for 118 minutes, Prosenik snuck through the Liverpool back line to give us 'a priceless victory'.

A good month. We were unbeaten, and actually made a profit for the first time in a while. We're 10th in the league, and although it's still early in the year, 7 points clear of the relegation zone.

Moldova, Euro Qualifier, 11.10.14, Away 3-1

A rather unimpressive display against a fairly threatening Moldova side. We were 2-0 up early on, Welbeck and Delfouneso scoring good goals, but Moldova pulled one back and then went very close to equalising. After the break Richards scored a powerful header to wrap up the win.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

November Update

Sunderland, Premiership, 1.11.14, Home 2-2

Sunderland were the first game of a busy November for us, lying in 15th, I expected us to beat them, especially since we're so good at Craven. Things started badly though, as they went one, then two goals up, all withing 20 minutes. We slogged until half time but couldn't find a way back in. Luckily in the second half Craig Gordon gave us that way back, misplacing a pass, giving Simao the simple task of finishing from 20 yards. Adding to his misery, Gordon then scored an own goal which levelled the scoring. We hit the bar late on, but a point was a fair result.

Burnley, Premiership, 8.11.14, Away 0-2

Urgh. A rubbish performance against a team who are flirting with relegation. The loss leaves us only 4 points up on West Brom, whose recent good form has seen them close the gap.

Nottingham Forest, Premiership, 15.11.14, Home 3-0

We needed an emphatic result against the worst team in the league, and we got it. Lampard scored two trademark finishes to reward his recall to the side, and Camara scored late on with a superb header to seal three good points, important points, as we had three tough fixtures coming up.

Arsenal, Premiership, 22.11.14, Away 1-1

A hugely underperforming Arsenal side we mixing beating Barca in the Champions League with losing 4-0 at home to Middlesborough. We got a mixture of those two sides, one which looked hapless early, allowing us to take the lead through Pacheco. But after about 30 minutes, Arsenal stepped it up a gear and really played us off the park, equalising early in the first half, but somehow not scoring again. We can count ourselves very lucky to have survived the game without being mauled.

Manchester United, Premiership, 26.11.14, Home 1-0

A lethargic Man Utd side left the Cottage with nothing as we showed discipline and composure to win, Pacheco again scoring the only goal. For the way we took the game to them, I feel we deserve this win.

Manchester City, Premiership, 29.11.14, Home 0-0

We emerge from our horror run with our respectability very much in tact. Here we didn't play as well as against United, but to stifle such an attacking force as Man City is commendable and they by no means overran us. A deserved point.

A month where we showed our Premier League credentials. Taking points off all the big three sides we faced, we've left ourselves solidly in midtable.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

December Update

Arsenal, League Cup 1/4 Finals, 2.12.14, Away p0-0

An incredibly close game. We were much better here than in our Premiership encounter a couple of weeks back, but the result was the same. Extra time was nervy but the game always felt like it was going to penalties. This was I think the first shootout of my career, and to help ease my nerves, all my players scored, and Ashley Young missing left us with a tie against Forest in the semis.

Bolton, Premiership, 6.12.14, Away 1-1

A game we really should have won, us being the better side throughout. Prosenik scored our first and should've had a second. In the second half our intensity dipped alarmingly and Bolton came back into the game, scoring and then very nearly adding a late winner.

Everton, Premiership, 13.12.14, Home 0-3

Our unbeaten home start to the season came crashing to a halt. Everton completely outclassed us, and I have no complaints about the loss.

Chelsea, Premiership, 16.12.14, Away 0-2

We slumped to our second straight defeat in dull fashion. Chelsea scored two early goals so I sat back a bit more, and the game petered out. To be honest it never really reached maximum peter.

Aston Villa, Premiership, 20.12.14, Home 2-1

After no wins in four league matches a win was very much order of the day, and thankfully my players gave me one. Going a goal down early seemed to galvanise them and Prosenik scored twice, finishing great moves on both occasions.

Newcastle, Premiership, 27.12.14, Home 3-0

Top of the table Newcastle certainly wouldn't have expected this. Our form had been patchy but it came together gloriously here as Camara scored an incredible first, Lampard a great second and Camara a smart third. On this showing top half should be the very least of our priorities.

After a poor start to the month we came back very strongly, and have essentially now secured our position in the top flight next year. I don't really need to strengthen in January, as the squad seem to be clicking, at last.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

January Update

Notts County, FA Cup 3rd Round, 3.1.15, Home 3-1

Our FA Cup campaign started in simple enough fashion, a mediocre Championship side shouldn't have caused us problems and they didn't. Camara scored his second brace in two games, and Guarin scored a placed finish to give us a comprehensive win, and a draw against Southampton.

Transfer Update 6.1.15

John Gilmour has left the club, moving to some French team for £5.5m. Bargain for me, as he was really good enough for the Prem.

Nottingham Forest, League Cup 1/2 Final, 7.1.15, Away 5-2

Basically.. we're all going to Wembley. A super preformance, Camara scoring his third brace in a row, Onuoha scoring his first for the club (maybe), Johnson scoring and an own goal won us the game. We were really brilliant. We'll probably face Man City in the final, after they thrashed Newcastle.

Leeds, Premiership, 10.1.15, Away 1-0

Pacheco scored the only goal in a tight match, as we continued our good recent form.

Sheffield United, Premiership, 14.1.15, Home 1-0

Our sixth straight win in all competitions which boosts us up to 6th in the league. Bernal scored his first of the season in a rare start, as we edge mightily close to the magical 40 point marker.

Hull, Premiership, 17.1.15, Away 1-2

It had to come to and end some time. Although we were the better side for long periods in the first half, and indeed took the lead through Camara, Hull turned the game round, and although late on we threw the kitchen sink, they held on and deserved their three points.

Nottingham Forest, League Cup 1/2 Final, 20.1.15, Home 2-0

Wembley here we come. Completely routine win, goals from Demirel and Camara put us through 7-2 on aggregate; we face City in the final, on the 1st March. Keep the date free.

Southampton, FA Cup 4th Round, 24.1.15, Away 1-0

A tough game, actually, against a side doing well in the Championship. Acapandie, in his first game of the season, scored the only goal, 79 minutes in, as we qualified through for the 5th round, where we face Forest, for the 5th time this season.

Manchester United, Premiership, 28.1.15, Away 0-1

After a famous win at Craven Cottage, Man Utd were simply in a different class this time around. They played us off the park, and only a good performance by Jack Day in goal kept the scoreline respectable. We managed one shot on target.

Tottenham, Premiership, 31.1.15, Home 1-0

I was determined to end a long month with a win, and luckily we did just that. It was a tired match, and there was little intensity, but Guarin won it with a special moment of real skill, turning Huddlestone inside out before scoring a beauty from 25 yards.

With safety all but assured, I don't have much motivation left for the league. Sure, we might finish 7th rather than 11th, but that makes no real odds to me. I think I may focus primarily on the cups, and hopefully qualify for Europe that way, as well as getting my some glory.

I'm happy with my team. I've tried to raise funds by selling some fringe players, and my reserve squad, all currently on loan, look likely to be capable of stepping up. Striker wise, we lack a real 20 goal a season man, but with the midfielders chipping in and the defendesr playing so well, it's not a pressing concern, yet.

Looking a lot better than a few months back, when we were nearly £10m in the red. I've sold off players at inflated prices, and the revenue from playing top clubs means we're actually making a profit each month.

So, in January we've established ourselves as solid Premiership team, built on a superb, if inexperienced defence, with a hard working and more experienced midfield. The cup competitions are those which most excite me at the moment, and I'd love to get my hands on one of them.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

February Update

Blackburn, Premiership, 7.2.15, Home 0-1

Infuriating when this happens. We dominated the game and came away with nothing thanks to a lucky goal.

Nottingham Forest, FA Cup 5th Round, 14.2.15, Away 2-1

Our superb cup form continued, as we beat Forest for the fifth time this season, goals from Camara and Lampard sealing a fairly easy win. They scored late to put some pressure on us, but ultimately we were the better side.

19.2.15 Transfer Update

Probably the biggest signing of my career. Igor Akinfeev has signed for us on a free transfer. He won't be elligable for the rest of the year, but to have a player of that quality on our books is great.

Middlesborough, Premiership, 21.2.15, Away 0-2

Our second straight league loss, but I have no complaints here. I put out a weak side and we were punished by a fairly ordinary 'boro side.

Bit of a non event of a month really. Three games which haven't had any real effect on our season, but the signing of Akinfeev should help in the cups, at least.

England Update

Bulgaria, Friendly, 11.2.15, Home 4-2

What a great game. Really good, enjoyable end to end football. Bulgaria, worryingly, took the lead early on, 18 minutes in Todorov scored a decent goal, but our defending was pretty poor. Terry and Wheater, starting at the back, let him slip through too easily. Luckily, we have Wayne Rooney, playing his first game for me, he drove at the Bulgarian defense constantly and his goal on 36 minutes was deserved. Minutes later, Wheater rose highest at a corner to put us 2-1 up going into half time. After the break, Danny Welbeck, on for an injured Rooney, scored a placed finish, and when 7 minutes later Aaron Lennon scored a cheeky header, the game was pretty much up. I made substitutions, giving Dan Gosling and Adam Johnson their debuts, but nothing could be done against a moment of pure brilliance from Berbatov. The game continued as it was, end to end, but no more goals were scored. Obviously I'm not hugely pleased with the defence, but it's fun to watch matches like this, so I'll let it go.

I forgot to add in the update, but in November, we beat Portugal 1-0 at home. I have won my first 5 games as England manager.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

March Update

Manchester City, League Cup Final, 1.3.15, Neutral p1-1

The biggest game of my career so far. The game was tight, Man City had more shots but they were by no means the better side. 0-0 at full time, I was prepared for penalties. But De Jong's sending off gave us a bit of a boost and Camara broke through to score. Utterly unexpected, but nice all the same. I sent the team out after half time of extra time to defend, and they last 9 minutes, before City scored form a corner. Penalties it was. Akinfeev, my new signing, came into his own here. On what could be his only game of the season, he saved three penalties, allowing us to win the game and my first major piece of silverware (I don't care what you say it IS major) in the League Cup. Noot.

West Brom, Premiership, 4.3.15, Home 3-0

We finally moved past 40 points with an easy win over West Brom. Prosenik scored our first, Pacheco our second and Camara the third in injury time.

Arsenal, FA Cup 1/4 Finals, 7.3.15, Home 3-4

What a game. We were timid in the first half, and Arsenal punished us accordingly, leading 2-0 at the break. At half time I brought on Bakenga for his first appearance after returning from injury, and boom, what an impact he had. The first of his goals was superb, bring down a flick on from Camara with real skill and firing a great finish into the net. The second was equally impressive, jinking past two defenders before sliding the ball home to bring us level. I was consigned to a draw, and a replay was no good for my tiring squad, so when Pacheco scored and gave us the lead I was thrilled. The lead lasted until the 83rd minute, when Arsenal scored from a corner. When, on 93 minutes, Robin Van Persie lined up a freekick from 35 yards, I thought nothing of it. Woo. What a goal, Akinfeev was left no chance. So, out of the FA Cup, but we had a decent run.

Sunderland, Premiership, 15.3.15, Away 2-0

Our first away win in the Premiership for quite a while, and it was a good one against an improving Sunderland side. The first half was close, no goals being scored, but in the second we showed we're the better team. First Prosenik scored after a great team move, and then Simao broke through and nailed an absoloute bullet into the top corner. Two goals which deserved to win the match.

Liverpool, Premiership, 18.3.15, Away 1-0

2nd in the league Liverpool proved a disappointment. They genuinely couldn't break my defense down and we had several great opportunities to win the game, stemming fro quick counter attacks. Camara scored our goal, but Prosenik should've had a hattrick on top of that.

Burnley, Premiership, 21.3.14, Home 0-1

After two good away wins, I came into this one expecting to get three points. We didn't even get one. Burnley were the better team, and are I think the only side to have done the double over us this season.

We end March sitting 9th in the league. There's not much scope for anything better than a mid table finish, and relegation is now impossible. The season is basically dead.

England Update

Albania, Euro Qualifier, 28.3.15, Away 3-1

My my what a terrible performance. Albania outplayed us. It was horrific to watch us in the first half as we just couldn't get on the ball. They took the lea through a penalty and but for a great save by Ben Foster could've gone two up. 1-0 down at half time wasn't great, but after the break, magically, David Wheater scored a hattrick of headers to win us the game. Three points on the board, sure, but in this manner I'm going to have to seriously re think my tactic. Luckily we've got a cushion now, and a few home games, so some experimentation is in order.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

April Update

Nottingham Forest, Premiership, 4.4.15, Away 2-0

OK this was the 5th time we've beaten Forest this season, not the last match. Once again, they rolled over, allowing Camara to score and an own goal sealed our win.

Bolton, Premiership, 11.4.15, Home 3-1

For a very brief moment in the game, we moved up to 4th in the table, shortly after Pacheco put us ahead. In the second half, we picked up 4 injuries though, and on 70 minutes, 10 man Bolton equalised, whilst 2 of my players were receiving treatment. Cheers lads. With a total of 5 players slightly injured, and Saglam having to be stretchered off, we limped towards the finish line, only for Camara to be fouled in the box, and then step up to convert the penalty. With Lampards goal a minute later, victory, and justice, were ours. For some reason, this win boosted my reputation to Continental.

Arsenal, Premiership, 18.4.15, Home 1-1

It says something about how far we've come, or how low Arsenal have fallen, that going into this game I expected a win. This did though, bring about a tricky run of games for us, as our last 5 games of the season are all against teams in the top 7. The first half was mainly them firing long shots, until on 25 minutes they scored. We responded well, but didn't break through until 86 minutes, where Guarin fired home from 18 yards. A solid point.

Manchester City, Premiership, 25.4.15, Away 0-3

We didn't deserve this thrashing. We matched City for all of 80 minutes, where they lead us by a goal, but in the 85th and 89th they scored to inflate an unfair scoreline. This also ends any faint hopes I had of achieving Champions League football. (We were 3 points behind City, in 4th, before the game.)

The top half of the table continues to be very close. Only 3 points separate 5th and 10th. We lie 7th.

Good luck in the race for the European spots. Really enjoying this thread, the offers from other clubs have come at the right times and you've taken full advantage of them. Will be interesting to see what happens next, although I would guess it weighs heavily on whether you get into Europe and what's available, although you appear to be enjoying life at the cottage much more than when you were in the championship.

Thanks for the words LCFC, appreciated. It's certainly true I've enjoyed my second season here much more than my first, due I think to the quality I have in midfield, meaning we can play more exciting football. The great cup runs have really helped the squad morale, and it's made for more exciting playing. With the improving finances and european competition, I could be at the Cottage for a while yet.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

May Update

Everton, Premiership, 2.5.15, Away 2-1

Yet another tough game, and since Everton had beaten us at home already this year, I was hopeful we could win this. Things started well, Bakenga scoring early, and we held the lead until half time. Shortly after the break though, Everton equalised from a corner. The game continued at a decent pace, until on 89 minutes, Camara was sent through by Lampard and we had the three points.

Chelsea, Premiership, 9.5.15, Home 1-2

Our London rivals could secure the league by winning here, and that's exactly what they did. Chelsea played us off the park initially, but we managed an equaliser through Bakenga after I decided to attack. The game continued fairly evenly, Prosenik having a great chance to give us the lead, but when Chelsea scored on 75 minutes there was no way back for us. They secured their second consecutive league title.

Aston Villa, Premiership, 16.5.15, Away 2-1

The last game of a successful season came against a Villa side a point ahead of us. Our great away form, though, carried us through and we secured a 7th place finish. Bakenga scored his third in three games to give us the lead, and after a late Villa equaliser, Yildirgan popped up in the 94th minute to score and cap an incredible season for him.

Not really any great meaning to this month for us, but to beat both Everton and Villa away is a great sign for next season.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

Fulham FC - Premiership - 2014/15 Season

My first season managing in the top tier of a country, and it went better than I could've expected.

Table

Progress

As you can see, over the course of the year we were battling for position with other mid table sides. Relegation was never really an issue, as we got off to a decent start. At one point, as our form improved and those around us began to falter, there was a possibility of Champions League football. Alas we couldn't keep it up, but 7th as a debut season is undoubtedly succesful. Also, due to our League Cup success, next year we can look forward to european football.

Squad1

Squad2

The squad this year was bigger than my usual FM squads, and had more experience too. Usually I prefer a young, small squad which grows together, but that's simply not practical in a first premier league season. The star of the show was Yildirgan1, a wonderkid loanee from Real Madrid, who was a major reason in the defence that held the team together. Perhaps this years suprise package this year was Mark McHugh, signed for only £475k in the summer, the young Irish man was incredibly consistent at left back, turning out solid defensive performances week in week out. The midfield was strong this year, benefiting from experience and class. Holding in all together was record signing Simao, and although he may not have had the best average rating, the difference in the quality of the sides performances with him in the side was remarkable. In the centre, I deployed Guarin as a box-to-box midfielder, and he was the engine of the side. He was our top assister this year. At the tip of the diamond, honourable mention to Frank Lampard. Obviously his age is starting to catch up with him, but for a 36 year old to have played 40 games in a season is incredible, and his goalscoring touch, whilst perhaps not as lethal as in previous years, was still in evidence. Up front, we lack a lethal touch, but Camara proved to be reliable, if not electric. Suprisingly, he was named as signing of the season, for the entire division. The rest of my forwards were pretty miserable this year and that's where I'll look to improve most.

Transfers

Our signing of the season was Yildirgan2, undoubtedly, but overall, my buys from the summer were successful. Prosenik was probably the biggest flop, but he'll be given another chance, as I feel he has potential. Outwards, we recouped big money from Demirel, who frankly was rubbish, and £5m for Gilmour was great. I don't think the squad at the moment is necessarily good enough for the push on up the table I'm hoping for, so expect lots of movement next summer as well.

Finance

We're looking much better in this section. The loan is still there but with improving finances and my dealings in the transfer market, things are looking up.

Season       Club         GP    W    D    L    GF    GA    DIF     Days in job    

2011/12      Welling      57    42   7    8    117   53    64         954             
2012/13      Bradford     54    42   5    7    136   53    83         372
2013/14      Fulham       54    34   10   10   87    41    46
2014/15      Fulham       49    25   12   12   66    43    13

Season    Club          |  League                  |   Country      | Position (of) |        Achievements             

2009/10   Welling       |  Blue Square South       |  England      |   4th (22)     |   Promoted through playoffs 
2010/11   Welling       |  Blue Square Premier     |  England      |   4th (24)     |   Lost in Playoff Semi final
2011/12   Welling       |  Blue Square Premier     |  England      |   1st (24)     |   Won the BSP, FA Cup Third Round, Won FA Trophy 
2012/13   Bradford      |  League 2                |  England      |   1st (24)     |   Won L2, FA Cup Fourth Round
2013/14   Fulham        |  Championship            |  England      |   1st (24)     |   Won Championship, FA Cup 1/4 Finals.
2014/15   Fulham        |  Premiership             |  England      |   7th (20)     |   Won League Cup, FA Cup 1/4 Finals

England Update

Denmark, Euro Qualifiers, 6.6.15, Home 2-0

Denmark were our main challengers in the group, but we were never really troubled by them. Bendtner provided some threat, but Terry and Wheater are proving quite a good partnership. I opted for a more fluid tactic, and it seemed to pay off. Rooney scored our first, a really top draw goal. Young sent him through and it was a great finish from 25 yards. Lennon continued his good England form with a shot from 20 yards.

Moldova, Euro Qualifiers, 10.6.15, Home 3-0

Rooney again opened the scoring as we utterly dominated Moldova, not allowing them a shot the entire match. Delfouneso scored our second, before Lennon again popped up with a headed finish. Somehow, on the back of these results, we've jumped to 1st in the World Rankings.

Yeah cheers Crouchie, it certainly suprised me especially after the start to the season where we'd scored about 7 goals in 10 games. I'm really enjoying the save at the moment, and I'm hoping I can bring Fulham some more glory.

Unless anyone has any objections, I don't think I'm going to do month by month updates this season. With my current workload, it's just too time consuming. I'll provide a more detailed end of season report.

I've done that Crouchie.

Or I would've but my game has corrupted :@

I have a backup which was made at the end of last season, but so good was my start this year I'm not sure I have the motivation. I was joint top of the league in January, and enjoying making my team more english. This is a real gut punch, I need a few days to recover.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

July/August Update

My aim this year is to make Fulham a more English football club. This started with the sacking of all foreign staff and the introduction of English coaches and scouts. I've decided that by next season, I want no more than 5 foreign players in my starting line up, and will sign a maximum of 2 foreigners each season, starting next year.

[/url]

Once more we were the most active team in the transfer window. I feel you have to pay over the odds for English players, but with the money I raised from sales I was willing to do that. My most exciting signing is young Simon Hales, and English forward. My national scouts seem to think he has the potential to be as good as Wayne Rooney, which is obviously incredible. I've loaned him out this season, but next year I feel he'll have a massive part to play. Shawcross on a free was a coup, and Wilshere for only £4m is again a bargain. The only downside is I'll have to pay him £66,000 a week. Going out, we received big money from Saglam, Day and Bakenga.

Squad1

Squad2

A few more native faces this time, but still the overseas presence is dissatisfying to me. At the back, Akinfeev is the stand out player and the only world class player I posses. In front of him are a solid defence, but one which still lacks experience at the highest level. Midfield is where we have depth, and there is experience here. The mismatch of nationalities though often leads to misunderstandings. Up front, we still lack, as I say every year, a top class 30 a season man, but we're much better equiped than we were last year.

Much more stable, as player sales and TV rights give us a steady flow of income.

FH, Europa League 3rd Round Qualifier, 30.7.15, Away 4-0

An early ending to the summer for us, and an easy game to ease us into the season. Mavuba scored our first, a good long shot which hopefully is a sign of things to come. Young striker Gunn scored our second, Simao our third and Camara wrapping it up in injury time to essentially ensure our birth into the final qualifying round.

FH, Europa League 3rd Round Qualifier, 6.8.15, Home 2-1

More shakey this time, but still routine. They scored with their only shot of the game, but two early goals from Gunn had already guaranteed a win.

Aston Villa, Premiership, 15.8.15, Home 1-0

Tough game to start the season. We scored after 36 seconds, after a mistake form Curtis Davies let in Gunn to score with a placed finish. The game was cagey after that, no real chances but it was a good match. Nice to start with a win.

Metalurg D, Europa League 4th Round Qualifier, 20.8.15, Home 3-0

Favourable draw, and one which could've been much worse. Gunn again scored early, and Prosenik's brace was enough to grant us another win.

Metalurg D, Europa League 4th Round Qualifier, 27.8.15, Away 3-0

Another formality, Bender (lulz), Prosenik and Gunn again put us through to the group stages, where we'll face Feyenoord, Bochum and Catania, not the easiest group, but certainly one I expect to qualify from.

Leeds, Premiership, 30.8.15, Away 3-1

Leeds presented a much sterner test than the Ukranian side, but we again came out on top. Guarin but us 1-0 up after a real scramble, but we conceded a bad equaliser and the scores were level at the break. We left it very late, but Camara scored to give us the lead, and Prosenik but the icing on the cake.

Flawless month, the transfers seem to be settling in well, and the finances are looking rosey. How long will it last?

September Update

Israel, Euro Qualifiers, 5.9.15, Away 2-3

Oh dear lord. This was a tragic performance. My flawless record is out the window and we were completely outplayed. Steve McClaren, anyone?

Albania. Euro Qualifiers, 9.5.15, Home 3-0

We really needed to crush Albania here, regain some confidence. Things started pretty badly, and we couldn't break them down. 27 minutes in though, the pressure told as Delph scored his first England goal. I wish I could say we kicked on, but Rooney's continued selfishness stopped us from making any real progress. Delph' second put the game beyond doubt in the second half, with an exquisite curling shot from outside the area. Shelvey added a third. With this we qualify for the Euros.

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

Arsenal, Premiership, 13.9.15, Away 0-2

Beaten by a better side. Not much to say really, I know we can beat the big teams (we actually beat Arsenal before my save corrupted) but we simply didn't perform today.

Feyenoord, Europa League Group Stage, 17.9.15, Away 1-0

Our European adventure got under way properly here, and it started well. Supposedly the best team in the group, Feyenoord offered little going forwards and we were the better team. Wilshere scored his first in his second spell at the club to give us the win.

Hull, League Cup, 22.9.15, Away 1-2

As defending champions I expected a strong showing in the League Cup. Great. We went 1-0 down to a fluke goal, but Mavuba brough us back level. I though we might go on to win the game but a tragic mistake from Shawcross saw the game lost, and us dumped out at the first hurdle.

Man City, Premiership, 26.9.15, Away 0-0

Away at the leaders is always going to be a tough game., but we became the first side to take points off City this season with a disciplined performance.

Bochum, Europa League Group Stage, 30.9.15, Home 1-1

Things were going well for us; we were dominating and thanks to a Prosenik goal we were 1-0 up. Cue 93rd minute equaliser. Gutting.

Not the best month, going out of the League Cup hurt and our first league defeat was annoying. Still, our progress in Europe is good.

Archived