FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

Nice going Geesus.

We share the same taste in players. I got Sorin for my last save for peanuts. Never got him before, but he represents very good value for money. He wasn't interested at first but I tried a few times and eventually got him to sign.

Arce is hot yes, but in all my saves he picks up too many injuries. But if you're lucky, he'll stay healthy, and may score some 30-40 goals.

My current squad, 10 games into first season:

gk: Jourdren/Scribe

dr: Arthur Sorin/Lukas Kuban

dc: Jan Polak

dc: Yordan Miliev/Andrei Cordos

dl: Marcus Williams/Park (forgot first name, Aussie)

mc/dmc: Eggert Jonsson (paid only 200k - top class!)

dmc: Benjamin Laurant/Jonathan Bru

amc: Piatti

amc: Mihelic

amc: Buonanotte/Dimitriu Copil

fc: Adam Varadi/Kamiar Saag

Small but powerful team I think. Way better than any team in League One. After first window closed I still had 150k transfer money left.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was playing earlier and I for the life of me do not understand this tactic

I went 1-0 up against bristel rovers then went down to 10 men after 5 minutes after barengrub got sent off for being the last man - so i took howson off so the AMC with the arrow going back wasnt there.

I went 3-0 up after 60 minutes despite having 10 men but then lambert scores with a shot that was straight kotenko - then he scores another, and another to make it 3-3

dont understand how I was beating them then drew after dominating with 10 men

same happened with port vale except I was 2-0 up instead of 3-0 and rodgers scored 2 in the last 10 mins.

probably just me but kotenko doesn't seem to be as good as his stats

Originally posted by GeesusChrist:

I was playing earlier and I for the life of me do not understand this tactic

I went 1-0 up against bristel rovers then went down to 10 men after 5 minutes after barengrub got sent off for being the last man - so i took howson off so the AMC with the arrow going back wasnt there.

I went 3-0 up after 60 minutes despite having 10 men but then lambert scores with a shot that was straight kotenko - then he scores another, and another to make it 3-3

dont understand how I was beating them then drew after dominating with 10 men

same happened with port vale except I was 2-0 up instead of 3-0 and rodgers scored 2 in the last 10 mins.

probably just me but kotenko doesn't seem to be as good as his stats

Kotenko is no superman, I just think he represents good value for money. If the tactics you are referring to is KIMZ, then I completely know what you mean. I often start performing really well when someone on my team is sent off (!?). Also, there are some big comebacks happening, both for my side and the opponent. I often take a 3-0 lead only to draw 3-3.

My current side is the best I've had yet. I can't believe how lucky I got on the first transfer window:

gk: Tatarusanu/Jourdren

dr: Sorin/Lustig

dc: Bärengrub

dc: Polak/Mardare

dl: Olsson/Williams

mc/dmc: Eggert Jonsson

dmc: Laurant/Daminuta

amc: Buonanotte

amc: Mihelic/Ionescu

fc: Stancu/Hora

If I don't end up top three in Premier League season 3, I'm giving up this game. Not that it's a bad game or anything. I just think I have maxed it out somehow.

End of the 2014 season, and managing England in the WC. Beat Tunisia, Serbia and Uruguay in the group, Israel (Israel?) in the second round, South Korea in the QF, Argentina in the semi and Spain in the final. Which meant England retained the World Cup. I hadn't realised we were champions last time around! Have resigned now, to concentrate on re-building my Leeds squad. I got thrashed by Barca in the CL, and figured it was time for a change of personnel.

On that footing, I was given a transfer budget of £26m. To raise cash I sold 5 players (including Luci, my DM, to Arsenal for £17.5m) and brought in over £30m of transfer fees. But I've still only got a budget of £26M. Does anyone know why my sales haven't increased the transfer budget?

On that footing, I was given a transfer budget of £26m. To raise cash I sold 5 players (including Luci, my DM, to Arsenal for £17.5m) and brought in over £30m of transfer fees. But I've still only got a budget of £26M. Does anyone know why my sales haven't increased the transfer budget?

You need to check your finances page because they might give you 0% of transfer funds made available

in the first season I think you get 60% so it isn't too bad

Originally posted by skogmantore:

Kotenko is no superman, I just think he represents good value for money. If the tactics you are referring to is KIMZ, then I completely know what you mean. I often start performing really well when someone on my team is sent off (!?). Also, there are some big comebacks happening, both for my side and the opponent. I often take a 3-0 lead only to draw 3-3.

My current side is the best I've had yet. I can't believe how lucky I got on the first transfer window:

If I don't end up top three in Premier League season 3, I'm giving up this game. Not that it's a bad game or anything. I just think I have maxed it out somehow.

I understand he isn't superman lol its just that jourdren seems to be better even though he has worse stats than kotenko

what sort of offers did you make skog for them all cause I found that: -

polak 425k - did all the after league appearances etc for 1m on each, apart from after promotion still wouldn't have it they would rather have 1 million up front

stancu at least 1.3 million - the best I could get him for was 2 million

piatti - couldnt get him as he was valued 275k to start with - offered 850k they accepted but then he didn't want to come - not interested

mihelic had to offer 550k for him

buonanotte 275k to stat with roughly about 675k to get him

olsson 250k - thats if he doesn't go to a team in a higher league

daminuta valued at 300k

hora valued at 95k but could only get him with 710k

mardare - think he was valued at 250k

the total is £6,585,000

I don't know how you've done it - unless your offering something like 10million after 50 goals or something???

basically i would love to know what bids you put in for players

also you said something about starting the game at march 2007 - thats last season so what happens are you in the championship relegation dogfight? because I can see how that would make piatti interested, i don't understand it really - you said that sorin had no interest in joining on your game but EVERY game on mine he always has been - just wondered if the start date has owt to do with it???

cheers skog

I was looking for a challenge and Leeds was the first club that popped into my head so think i'm going to give it a go as I'm getting abit bored with my Aberdeen career. I'll post some updates incase anyone is interested!

LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS!

golfpunk

My tactic is more like a 4-4-1-1 - 2 DC's, 2 WB's, MR, 3 MC's, AML and a ST. Couldn't be bothered with a screen shot or the nonsense of making it out into a tactic form on here either.

At the moment im trying to get a load of EPL reserves/youngsters in on loan. Hope they want to come for the challenge I face.

well a quality RB is arthur sorin can get him for about 150k

sheehan is good but marcus williams is better from scunthorpe for LB

these 2 positions need to be replaced the most - Right mid is a problem but prutton does a good enough job there for me - carole sucks ass on this patch

no worries on the screenshot - i dont do them either mainly because I can't work it out

I find that Sorsa is a good enough right winger imo. I'll give you the scoop on my transfers so far

In

Havard Nordtveit - Arsenal - loan

Ched Evans - Man City - loan

Stephen Darby - Liverpool - loan

Cole Skuse - Bristol City - loan

I haven't managed to flog any players yet but hoping to before the window closes. Yeah left and right wing back positions are my major problem that i'm looking to address. Also think I could do with a better keeper.

yeah thats the tactic I use in most of my games. Seems to work well as I always seem to score a decent amount of goals and don't concede much - which is a good formula icon_razz.gif

I managed to get Liverpool as a feeder club aswell so I'm hoping they punt some youngsters my way before the transfer window closes but I don't think i'll be able to take them on because of my 4 season long loan's I broght in but no worries coz I'm happy with the 4 I brought in.

oh i forgot kaebi is a right wing back and he is on a free at the beginning

I forgot about sorsa lol

jourdren is a great young keeper french

kotenko is good also - estonian

philip ifil is good on loan from tottenham - he is a wing back right as well - not tried to get him on this patch so I don't know

nordveit is supposed to be good but not had him

theres a guy at psv you can get on loan but ive forgot his name - hes only 18 or so striker

Originally posted by GeesusChrist:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skogmantore:

I understand he isn't superman lol its just that jourdren seems to be better even though he has worse stats than kotenko

what sort of offers did you make skog for them all cause I found that: -

polak 425k - did all the after league appearances etc for 1m on each, apart from after promotion still wouldn't have it they would rather have 1 million up front

stancu at least 1.3 million - the best I could get him for was 2 million

piatti - couldnt get him as he was valued 275k to start with - offered 850k they accepted but then he didn't want to come - not interested

mihelic had to offer 550k for him

buonanotte 275k to stat with roughly about 675k to get him

olsson 250k - thats if he doesn't go to a team in a higher league

daminuta valued at 300k

hora valued at 95k but could only get him with 710k

mardare - think he was valued at 250k

the total is £6,585,000

I don't know how you've done it - unless your offering something like 10million after 50 goals or something???

basically i would love to know what bids you put in for players

also you said something about starting the game at march 2007 - thats last season so what happens are you in the championship relegation dogfight? because I can see how that would make piatti interested, i don't understand it really - you said that sorin had no interest in joining on your game but EVERY game on mine he always has been - just wondered if the start date has owt to do with it???

cheers skog </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I play using Swedish krona as currency, and I'm not sure how it translates. I start the game in March 2007, so some are cheaper and don't have as many clubs after them.

Polak usually comes in March for 300k.

Stancu never cost me more than 1M.

Piatti comes in March for 250-300k almost every time.

Mihelic comes for just over 100k.

Buonanotte: 300-400k.

Olsson - wow that was cheap. I never paid less than 500k for him. Other clubs are often fighting for him, and I typically lose.

Daminuta - waaay less, more like 30-40k.

Hora varies tremendously. From 90k if I'm really lucky to 500k. I never pay 500k though, there are other out there.

Mardare - 250k sounds just right.

Also, I have learned much about how to get rid of the original squad. You'd be surprised how much you can get for some players. Howson sometimes brings in around 600-700k. Michalik and Huntington can go for huge money, as can Beckford, Sorsa, Kilkenny if you get lucky.

hey guys my mate started a leeds game and recommended it to me so i thought i would give it a go! here are my transfers:

scr96917d8lg1.th.jpg

i see your all having a question as too how he spent 6m but tbh i dont think it would be hard, sell alot of players and once i had 3m in the bank i asked the board for more money! which i got and spent on Gioda icon_biggrin.gif

here is my current team and tactic.

scr96af7f2fx4.th.jpg

and so far my results have been pretty good!

Leeds 2-1 Millwall (Michalik, Kenton)

Macclesfield 0-3 Leeds (Kenton, Nordtveit, Stancu) League Cup 1st Round.

Leeds 4-2 Tranmere (Michalik 2, Mihelic, Stancu)

Crewe 0-2 Leeds (Piatti, Murphy)

Sheff Utd 1-5 Leeds (Michalik, Murphy 2, Hora, Stancu) League Cup 2nd Round.

its a bit annoying knowing you have won all your games but still be in relegation but i hope that will change soon lol! bring on the rest of the season! its looking fun so far!

im actually 4k under my wage budget scr97d0604ik7.th.jpg

thats my players wages and tbh most of the players i sold were on around 2-3k so it balanced itself out i didnt even need to put any of my transfer funds into the wages. so that was good!

unlucky golfpunk! and bihd looking good mate!! you mean 3 games left lol. good luck mate!

i just beat Everton 2-1 away! in 3rd round of league cup andnow have wigan away! im loving this game so far! never tried leeds because i dont really like themIRL but now i think i will try them everytime! finally out of the relegation zone!

just beat Swindon 4-0 goals from Gioda, Barazite, Nordteit and Mihelic.

that win put me up 5 places to 17th! so now for the challenge of getting up near the top! where did you guys finish 1st season?

Hello guys, thinking of starting my own game with Leeds United (Probably encouraged bye the playoff final currently being played, doesn`t look good so far but fingers crossed). Thinking of making my own twist that I only can sign UK & Irish players. What do you guys think of this plan? Do Leeds have enough quality Uk & Irish players so I don`t have to change the whole squad? Maybe someone have some players to recommend?

luffe- a couple playes worth a look are not 100% sure on if they will all come an what they will be like on 8.0.2

marcus williams-90k, adam lallana-100k, danny haynes-loan(can buy if u move up), kevin phillips-might be availble ive saw other ppl buy him, joe mattock, matt hill, preston edwards, jack hobbs(liverpool) loan him then buy him he is quality i sold him in my 4th season for 8mil(bad choice on my part but i felt he wasnt fast enough but hg players r at a premium 4 me but i did get him on a free and he was unhappy).

the 3 left backs in tht list should last you to atlest ur first season in the prem as u go up the leagues i would consider justin hoyte, jermaine defoe, kevin doyle, giles barnes, bring woodgate back i think buckoh did tht, etc.

it quite a good challenge ur setting ur self but a full 11 of uk an irish players wont be world beating plus u can get foreign players for alot less.

huntington, howson, prutton prob ur best players in the orginal squad

now going to go back to my 7th season i think time to win the prem heres hoping anyway. i keep startin new games but i keep wanting to go back to my leeds game buy far the best save ive ever had on any fm or champ well apart from some of my cm2 saves where u cud cheat when buyin players.

hes gets pretty good. on my save hes about one of only 5 or 6 players who i can find wi 20 for finishing. i think he also had 18's or so for workrate, teamwork and stamina.

he ripped up the championship in my save scored bags of goals quite a usefull 4/5th choice striker if needed.

hes prob around a -7 on pa if i was to guess it

BAH finished 3rd in my 4th season add to that lost in the league cup final and the semi of the FA cup talk about so close yet so far season ah well Euro Champ league nxt season i feel lots of cash coming my way icon_smile.gif

capture25052008220438jv3.th.jpg

This is my starting 11 this season aye still using a player from me CC1 days.

capture25052008220532dm0.th.jpg

Still on the same save I mentioned above. After closing of the January transfer window (season 2 after promotion to Championship), this is my very small squad. I had to make it small to afford top quality. I tried tons of non-EU players but got only two wp:s (Nazarith, Yao).

gk: Hennessey/Jourdren

dr: Omozusi/Genesio

dc: Koné/Mravac

dl: Olsson/Yao

dmc: Roberto

dmc: Jonsson/Anita

amc: Jimenez

amc: Buonanotte/Samuel

fc: Stancu/Nazarith

New key players after season 1 include Hennessey, Roberto and obviously Jimenez. I didn't mean to sell Mihelic but the board accepted a 7M offer, so it wasn't all bad.

The team lost on penalties vs Arsenal in one of the cup games after drawing 4-4 after full time.

Originally posted by burgess_11:

right im using the update 8.0.2 does anyone hve any gd players that i can buy for cheap? i need a lb,rb,gk,mc,gk all for 5 mill or less

I start in March 2007 so I can get some that would no longer be available in June.

gk: Kotenko represents good value for money imo. Jourdren also good, but needs time to develop.

lb: Toughest position imo. Martin Olsson, Marcus Williams are typically my choices, even though the are really too expensive.

rb: Load all players from France and Sweden and go for Arthur Sorin and/or Mikael Lustig. Lots of people recommend Kaebi, but I can never get him.

mc: Eggert Jonsson is great, but can sometimes be very expensive.

All on 8.0.2 btw.

dexta 200. hw did u get in all those players? they must hve cost a lot and hw did u find them i hve never heard of some of them man. wot version are u using?

8.0.2 mate. and most got from the forum, i havent really signed anyone unknown though.

sell a few players and ask for more money mate. i had 1m from start and then asked for more money and got given 3m extra!

Oh just great start of season 5 and ken bates and leaves the club. Board announce they upgrading the training ground and expanding the stadium wooot you would think but nope the club has no money txs to the building work even with playing in the champ league this season.

So now the board tell me i should push for the top spot this season with a a budget of drum roll please 20m and 600k wages 20 smeging mill to push for the title and quarterfinals of the champ league, yet you would think being a club in the champ league now and near the top of the tree you have players knocking your door down yeah right yet again lost players to spurs and Liverpool who were so crap last season they were like mid table finish, mmm that lazio job offer looks tempting icon_smile.gif

P.S.

Still on 2k a week of my original contract couple of the youth players now earn more then me a week now.

i gt 5 mill and all those players are real young lol but im still buyin them. cheers man. u got any gd older players tht are cheap???

i dont tend to go for old players. i only brought Seyfo Soley over the age of 24! i prefer a young squad because Piatti, Mihelic, Stancu, Ganea, Sburlea, Polak, Gioda etc can all cut it in the prem!! and by then they will be quality players!

bihdhdhdb-i remeber going through the same situation as u not being able to really break into the top four even though i finished 6th/3rd/6th/3rd in my four epl seasons i think the first shot at the champs league came to early for me but i did allow me to be able to build a team to win the eufa cup the following season and finish 3rd. i also remeber the board wantin more from me than the money they wud give me however i did get around 30mil a year everyyear an managed to spend around 50mil selling players an paying for a few players over 24months seems to take less outa ur transfer budget. if i was u id look at a striker a left bk cos ive never heard of ur guy and sum better amcs and a dmc but thts cos ive only heard of mihelic vidal(who was awful for me) ferrari(rb) and maduro. id try veloso he's amazin will cost alot tho but worth it, posibly gignac, anderson i got him for 6mil steal.

although this season is looking like the season for me played 7 won 7 in all comps only domestic goal ive lost was to reading away and ive allready beat liverpool and man utd in the league(hammered them 3-0 at old traford) and beat arsenal 1-0 in the esp even if it was the corner expliot but its the first time ive ever beat them. got a really tough ecl group tho valancia me leeds celtic dortmund. going for the league and a good run in the ecl at least 1/4finals need to get my rep up still cnt actract anybig BIG names, even though i have ochoa zapata veloso diego and anderson(man utd 1), diego has been the only 'shirt seller' ive bought.

current starting 11

ochoa

bevers(pa194) naldo/samba, zapata abenzor

piatti anderson/diego, veloso barnes(the missing link)

briand stancu

i have 50mil to spend any ideas on postions to improve and who to get although i am pretty happy with my team id love a big name target man zlatans to old as are most and adebeoyor aint interested as are most big name target men i'm on 8.0.1 with 8.0.2 so briand and stancu are demi-gods if only stancu was taller hed be perfect and hes been with me since day 1.

Archived