FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

I had a tough time getting out of the Championship 2008/09, but succeeded through playoffs with a memorable 5-1 victory over QPR.

I had the best Chamionship team I've had in a long time, and still it was tough as hell. Then after the season Jimenez gets annoyed because I turn don 6-7M bids for him. I lose him to a 7.5M bid that the board accepted, which was not according to my plan. Anyways, I made some replacements on my team, and I am just about to start my first game in Premier League, with aquad that looks like this:

gk: Hennessey/Jourdren

dr: Ansaldi/Omozusi

dc: Santacroce

dc: Filipenko/Bärengrub

dl: Yao/Olsson

dmc: Carioca

dmc: Roberto/Anita

amc: Piatti

amc: Buonanotte

amc: Marko Marin/Yakovenko

fc: Stancu/Nazarith/Monnet-Paquet

I good team for the future I'm sure, but I wonder how my offense will be without Jimenez, who was my key player to get into the Prem...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dexta200:

hey guys my mate started a leeds game and recommended it to me so i thought i would give it a go! here are my transfers:

scr96917d8lg1.th.jpg

i see your all having a question as too how he spent 6m but tbh i dont think it would be hard, sell alot of players and once i had 3m in the bank i asked the board for more money! which i got and spent on Gioda icon_biggrin.gif

here is my current team and tactic.

scr96af7f2fx4.th.jpg

and so far my results have been pretty good!

Leeds 2-1 Millwall (Michalik, Kenton)

Macclesfield 0-3 Leeds (Kenton, Nordtveit, Stancu) League Cup 1st Round.

Leeds 4-2 Tranmere (Michalik 2, Mihelic, Stancu)

Crewe 0-2 Leeds (Piatti, Murphy)

Sheff Utd 1-5 Leeds (Michalik, Murphy 2, Hora, Stancu) League Cup 2nd Round.

its a bit annoying knowing you have won all your games but still be in relegation but i hope that will change soon lol! bring on the rest of the season! its looking fun so far!

you must have put in additional payments because 650k for stancu - on my game he is valued at 1.3 million pounds

same for some other players too

Geesus:

Just a note on selling the players from the original squad.

For example, you should get much better than 70k for Rui Marques.

On the other hand, you got 85k for Flo which is more than I ever got. Good to know.

Sweeney can bring in much more than 60k. More like 150k. Same thing with Johnson.

I can never get anything for Kandol. And if I do, he always rejects that team. How did you do it?

Beckford should bring in much more than 160k. 300k minimum, and if you're lucky more than 400k.

Huntington should bring in at least 600k.

Just some thoughts to help you maximise your budget.

On the "In" side I think Nylén and Salomonsson are ok for that little money, but I think they are not League 1 quality.

Good price for Stancu! That must be fantastic timing or something. I rarely pay less than 900k.

Piatti came incredibly cheap too. I'm typically paying around 250k.

You got Mardare and Sarghi cheap. congrats!

skog you know that transfer screenshot isn't mine dont you?

they rejected my offer of 650k so don't know how he did it?

i started again and no-one wants : -

huntington - at least not for 500k

beckford

hughes

kandol

westlake

flo this time

heath

rui

how can you get more money - i remember last years game let you get double their value on 24 monthly installments?

I always manage to get rid of most people for £0 i.e to brentford etc but also when your income from transfers is at 30% then that is very poor

Terrible start to the season lose to reading then liverpool beat fulham lose to man city who i may point are my boggy team.

Then the worst part in the 3rd qualifying knock out round of the champ league and i get ajax beating them 3 - 0 at half time at home like a fool i put on 3 of my new guys ajax score 2 away goals icon_frown.gif.

Away to ajax i have 20 shots of goal and not a single goal there goalie playing out of his skin and yeah you guessed it they get a penalty in the 93min lose 1 - 0 out to away goals.

I hate this game some times.

if i was u id look at a striker a left bk cos ive never heard of ur guy and sum better amcs and a dmc but thts cos ive only heard of mihelic vidal(who was awful for me) ferrari(rb) and maduro. id try veloso he's amazin will cost alot tho but worth it, posibly gignac, anderson i got him for 6mil steal.

My striker cardozo is probably my best player he won the golden boat last season with like 70 plus he plays very well with kimz tactic now my back up striker yeah replaced him this season with some player that my scouts said were awesome well we see.

capture27052008123046fl0.th.jpg

As for my left back yeah picked him up as i was running out of cash last season for like a 1 mil but he he ended up playing better then ferrari at RB, as for veloso yeah great player but i haven't got a hope in hell getting him he is worth 15m and at valencia who won there league there even if i had enough cash i he wont come atm, but right i did need to replace my DM still playing eggert was a mistake along with ionescu and mihelic.

Anyway went out and bought a new goalie yet again a new dm and a new CB who looks like he he has a lot of potential.

capture27052008124133ec6.th.jpg

plain fact is i aint got enough cash this season and this season looks like just need to ride it out and hope for euro spot either league or cup spot.

The bright spot is who i got in my youth team for nxt season check there guys out. icon_smile.gif

capture27052008124329qz6.th.jpg

and this guy hello new playmaker icon_smile.gif

capture27052008124632ql7.th.jpg

oh and i just got this guy thought the youth program tell me what you think.

capture27052008124852eh2.th.jpg

and thatll be the boot as well lol - so bihdhdhdhbd - who do you recommend I buy first season as you have played with kimz tactic - the obvious ones are piatti and mihelic

the youngster looks good but im a bit concerned in you calling him tasty lol

Originally posted by GeesusChrist:

skog you know that transfer screenshot isn't mine dont you?

they rejected my offer of 650k so don't know how he did it?

i started again and no-one wants : -

huntington - at least not for 500k

beckford

hughes

kandol

westlake

flo this time

heath

rui

how can you get more money - i remember last years game let you get double their value on 24 monthly installments?

I always manage to get rid of most people for £0 i.e to brentford etc but also when your income from transfers is at 30% then that is very poor

I thought those were your screenshots, but never mind. I wonder again if it's a timing issue.

I start in March and I always get rid of Huntington (if I want to, which is not always) for at least 500k. It's really a game of chance on some of the original players. Like Rui for example, I have gotten 250k for him on some saves, and on others no-one wants him for 0!

I could post my transfer screenshots but they would be in Swedish krona and not make much sense to anyone. I have really worked on optimizing the value I get from player sales, as this is a crucial success factor since your future success depends heavily on who you can afford to sign first season.

Well this was my first season look got me up and that was the main thing:

GK Jourdren

DL jorge rojas who i got 250k my game

DR hosain kaebi Free but offer him lots of cash

DC Now the two CB i used the clubs own hunting and michalik becuase i ran out of cash plus i thought they were good for cc1 however Skogmantore picks for cc1 i would see if i got the cash left to get his picks who look better.

DM eggert jonsson retrain for DM and he plays great but he was expensive 500K for me

DM Nengomashe 200K

AMC Piatti Pablo quality bought 110k sold 30mil to milan 2nd season in prem sweeeet

AMC richard witschge 6k he only lasts one season and i be honest thats all you need just go take a look at his stats

AMC walter centeno FREE but you need to move fast and offer max wages or other clubs will get him fantastic at cc1

FC Stancu enough said

back up

GK i try and loan a player with zero wages to save on the bill

DC/DM seyfo soley FREE get him great cover

DC Esmir Sabic nice 26k

AMC Nacer Barazite loan from gunners

FC Beckford in you squad alrdy

Just telling you who i got in my first season probly do it a little diffrent nxt time Skogmantore has come up with some good choices for the 1st season

i work with very small squads like to keep wage bill in check how ever i do not spare on the coaches get 7 stars asap and best scouts asap dont care about wage bill with those guys and push the board to improve training youth every season.

thing is bihd - I always try to get the good coachs in L1 but noone is awesome - also what do you look for to get high shooting and high set pieces because I have got people with 20 attacking in the past and they are only 4 stars on shooting???

I started a game in march and I'm offering low starter costs but high fees after so many games/goals/international games and percentage of next sales - I managed to get hora for 80k but about 1.5 million pound in fees afterwards, - trying my best to get stancu for 700k + clauses totaling to 4.7 million so far!!!

I've just sold : -

huntington 600k

hughes 60k

rui 110k

beckford 220k

flo 85k - i know what you mean skog sometimes 0k

lucas 0k

heath 120k

lund 4k

douglas 250k

carole 20k finally sold him

westlake 180k

sorsa 200k + clauses

johnson 160k + 30%

sweeney 130k + clause

so ive done well - not suprisingly no-one wants kandol because he is pants on both this game and IRL

I've got so far

Polak 275k + about 400k monthly installments

jourdren 70k + 35%

scribe 10k + 35%

hora 80k + clauses as above

barengrub 200k

mihelic 300k plus clauses

marcus williams 250k plus clauses on his way in

parker on his way out for about 70k

trying like hell to get stancu, piatti, buonanotte, mardare and eggert jonsson

anyone think of any other players i could get for my leeds team not played a game yet this is my squad

GK ankergen/lund

DR sorin

DL hellstrom/sheehan

DC michalik/barengrub/huntington

MC nengomashe/furman(loan)/hamalainen/daminuta

AMC moshoeu/buonanotte/howson

ST ched evans(loan)/stancu/hora

i hav sold sorsa,flo,rui marques,sweeney,prutto,elding,andy hughes,b johnson,kilkenny,beckford,lucas,douglas,richardson,kenton,heath,westlake and am still tryin to sell thompson, carole, da costa, constantine, kandol i hav 638k to spend but that can be increased to a million with budget adjust any help would b appreciated thanks

moshoeu

where did you find him??? he looks awesome bud

you need a keeper really - jourdren as always been good for me

if you can get mihelic to replace howson and keep howson as back up do that

stancu and hora great signings and you may be able to sign lustig for the january transfer window on a free so he can cover right back - otherwise great team - how did you sell elding - i dont even bother trying now because he never goes

moshoeu is a legend mate plus he only wants a one year deal which is good a tried mihelic he went elsewere so did piatti u and a guy called mame biram diouf but didnt get a work permit for him looks class as well just kept offerin elding to clubs didnt get any money for him but if u get rid of enough players and lower the wage bill u can increase your transfer funds

despite starting in march piatti just isn't interested - I offered 11,750k p/w and 2.4k appearence and per goal fee as well as a non promotion fee of £0 and a yearly wage rise of 25% and said he found it difficult to leave his crap team ive never heard of

since the first patch I haven't ever been able to get him but others have

he is a strange one like on my chelsea game he rejected me and went to lazio but he came to leeds and rejected lazio lol. strange one!

Geesus, try Ganea, Kalouda, and Daryl Murphy!

cheers dex yeah i decided against mardare anyway for that very reason but I checked centeno and hes already gone, kalouda looks good and he never wants to come and I'm playing without wingers, I need a back up striker really because hora does tend to get injured

thing is bihd - I always try to get the good coachs in L1 but noone is awesome - also what do you look for to get high shooting and high set pieces because I have got people with 20 attacking in the past and they are only 4 stars on shooting???

This still seems to be working for me:

To get 7 stars in STRENGTH

Your coach must have: fit =>18

To get 7 stars in AEROBIC

Your coach must have: fit =>18

To get 7 stars in GK

Your coach must have: gk =>18

To get 7 stars in TACTICS

Your coach must have: Tac =>18

To get 7 stars in DEFENDING

Your coach must have: def =18 & tac =>18 or

def =19 & tac =>14 or

def =20 & tac =>10

To get 7 stars in BALL CONTROL

Your coach must have: tec =18 & men =>18 or

tec =19 & men =>14 or

tec =20 & men =>10

To get 7 stars in ATTACKING

Your coach must have: att =18 & tac =>18 or

att =19 & tac =>14 or

att =20 & tac =>10

To get 7 stars in SHOOTING

Your coach must have: tec =18 & att =>18 or

tec =19 & att =>14 or

tec =20 & att =>10

To get 7 stars in SET PIECES

Your coach must have: tec = 17 & men+att =>39or

tec = 18 & men+att =>36 or

tec = 19 & men+att =>33 or

tec = 20 & men+att =>30

Please note '=>' means 'is equal to or greater than'

hope this helps

As for the coaches said get 7 stars asap didnt mean you have to get them all fisrt season hell i whent though 3 assman before i got one who lasted more then 1 season, now if i could only find a goalie who last me more then one season icon_smile.gif

promoted to premiership

ins :

petar zanev left back 300k

muslimovic fc £1.9m

sivok tomas dm £5m

boukhari £1.7m aml

bocaly garry £4.7m dc

cabral £9.5m dc

outs:

doudin £3.5

huntington £2m

martin alan 700k

askpergen £1m

played 3 games so far lost 2 won 1,

I started a game in march and I'm offering low starter costs but high fees after so many games/goals/international games and percentage of next sales - I managed to get hora for 80k but about 1.5 million pound in fees afterwards, - trying my best to get stancu for 700k + clauses totaling to 4.7 million so far!!!

ok well dont break the bank for one player there are other strikers out there who are cheap and good use them for one season bang a few goals in then sell them on and buy stancu with your money for nxt season he aint going anywere for one season.

Kabamba Musasa this guy is a good little player for kimz tactic fast ass hell but only good enough for cc1 but you should get a mil + for him at the end of the season.

Hope this helps

Thinking of restarting me the game back with leeds yes i got to be a sucker for punishment icon_smile.gif but i got to go and try and get me some players i missed last time around and see if i can win that prem in four seasons this time.

So dam close last time hell i might win a cup this time of instead keep losing in the final and semi's must have the john terry syndrome icon_smile.gif

bihd-ill take that back about cardozo thats a great goal return if he does that again u shud be laughing. those youngsters look good. yeh u have to get veloso b4 he moves if hes at valencia u might be able to get banega or sunny but i'm still trying to tept sunny and i think hes off to barcelona in my game. jaun manuel torres(4milish if he hasnt moved)is a great dmc fast and great mental stats shud be really good for kimiz he scores quite a few as well. keep at ur game 4 seasons to win the prem is tough.

on the coaching front for shooting technique is the most is the most important stat those gidelines are pretty good tho.

possibly thinkin of startin agian once if finished my current save and try the uk and irish players challenge an possibly make my own tactic up and start it on the 8.0.2 db as i havnt done tht yet.

End Of Season 1 Report:

League Table:

scr46bbe22pw2.th.jpg

didnt think i was goign to go up automatically but it was comfortable in the end!

JPT Final:

scr46c24ebkp8.th.jpg

and the squad who have done it!

scr46c8da7to4.th.jpg

where do you think i should improve? how much should i expect in championship? i need a left back and GK any ideas?

Hey guys am considering a game to go with my oxford one and seeing as this was a good thread with helpful advice, i may give it a go! ive heard off people starting in march, is this advised? cheers icon14.gif

haha ye thats where i got it from icon_biggrin.gif yee leeds was my first team on 08, got to the prem and the new patch came out so il probably start again mate icon14.gif great season btw! how much did you manage to get yourself to spend?

Don't ask me about goalies 5 seasons 5 different number 1's icon_smile.gif one of the things i plan to fix on this new game.

DL i used rojas until i got to the prem was good enough for me plus i had a soft spot him he scored the winning goal in the semi and final of the CC1 play off

capture27052008193726hj1.th.jpg

This time i will be more ruthless with my players i keep ed too many of the champ and cc1 players i e jonhson, mihelic , ionescu and niculae ect i still kept thinking they were good players well they are at there own lvl.

But again lack of cash u cant rebuild a whole prem team with 30m in one season well lets see how it go's.

Macsoz if you look back a couple of pages here on the forums i was 4 games from winning the prem but crashed and burned lost 2 of them one of them against my boggie team Man C, i can beat Chelsea manu liver pool ect but City my track recored sucks.

Sunny was already at villa and banega is at Valencia who i might point out in my game are bloody fantastic they kicking barca and real asses, they got so many of the top players yeah i do have the Spanish league running.

haha ye thats where i got it from yee leeds was my first team on 08, got to the prem and the new patch came out so il probably start again mate great season btw! how much did you manage to get yourself to spend?

Leeds United (Top half finish) - £1m - £68k p/w

If your asking about the first season

starting in march 2007 so the season doesn't actually start for ages but you seem to be able to bid for people without anyone else coming for them

oh how do you do that mate? easy to change?

sorry for the lenght of time to reply bud but I had to watch britains got talent with our lass

I loaded the england league AND swedish league and chose it as viewable only then started from their start date which happened to be march 2007

Archived