FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i put in bids for a lot of players and i got hardly any if any competition of any other club

cant believe it!!! I just beat Watford 8-2 - its only a friendly but hey after drawing with FC Haka 2-2 - after 2-0 up and beat PSV 3-2 ill take a 8-2 wooping of watford any day of the week lol

ah fair enough ill try it next time then mate cheers! didnt manage to bring many players in but this is what i did!

scr51d79a5rb1.th.jpg

so this is the current squad

scr51de03fpl7.th.jpg

out of the league cup in the 2nd round 2-1 to watford icon_frown.gif

but in the league won 6 and drawn 1 and that was too reading who are also unbeaten and man city are flying 7 wins out of 7 god knows how man city get relegated all the time lol.

so far so good!

cant believe it again - I know its another friendly but I just beat Barca 3-1 shoes myshoe or whatever hes called legend and that witsch or sumet both scored and musas got a penalty late on.

it looks good so far

kims tactic is working for me this time it seems

geesus.. where have you been! lol ...

its the corner bug...

set best header to mark keeper

next best attack front post

next best far post...

everyone else out of the area and have your best corner taker take the corners..

you'll score tons ... (on 8.0.2 btw)

So here it is Leeds United 2nd time around just before first match of the season rebuilt the whole squad including back ups apart from one player Micalik.

capture28052008014645au1.th.jpg

Missing one major player see if you can spot who it is lazio came in and well leeds weather i guess cant compete with Italy icon_smile.gif

Worked on the coaches too, not too bad should be all 7 stars by the end of the season i hope.

capture28052008014948fs1.th.jpg

No cheating was involved the only thing i changed was the defoe bug thats the only thing.

(8.0.2) A few games into season three in Premier League in what will be my last FM08 game. I'm in 5th place after some 10 games. I thought I had lost Jimenez when the board accepted a bid for him, but he rejected Ajax. He has the "Unh" mark but is still valueble to the team, and I hope to change his mind over the course of the season.

The Squad:

gk: Hennessey/Jourdren

dr: Ansaldi/Omozusi

dc: Santacroce/Bärengrub

dc: Dervite/Filipenko

dl: Yao/Olsson

dmc: Roberto

dmc: Carioca/Anita

amc: Jimenez

amc: Piatti/Yakovenko

amc: Buonanotte/Marin

fc: Stancu/Nazarith/Monnet-Paquet

The ones who have been with me since the start are:

Geoffrey Jourdren (backup)

Alo Bärengrub (first team)

Martin Olsson (rotation)

Pablo Piatti (key player)

Diego Buonanotte (key player)

Bogdan Stancu (key player)

I managed to beat Liverpool away, which is my only upset so far, but I'm seriously hoping to get a top 3 spot when the season is over. I couldn't wish for a better team. If I would make any changes I would try to find a 4th defensive mid, a super keeper (Lloris or Ustari if possible) and an experienced centre back to captain the squad (suggestions are welcome). I'll see what can be done in January.

How much cash you got to splash Skog becuase i could name one or two players but depends on your budget.

Btw tried looking for Alo barengrub on my new game could not find him yeah i got the Scandinavian players loaded up what club is he from?

Originally posted by bihdhdhdhbd:

How much cash you got to splash Skog becuase i could name one or two players but depends on your budget.

Btw tried looking for Alo barengrub on my new game could not find him yeah i got the Scandinavian players loaded up what club is he from?

I think Bärengrub is Estonian, and I noticed he could be signed even cheaper when I loaded all Estonian players. I think I paid around 50-60k for him. I must strongly recommend him, as he keeps getting better over the seasons and is now doing fairly well in the top of Premier League.

I don't have much cash at the moment, but I fear I might lose Jimenez soon, and then I will look for:

DC, DM, GK and full backs (R/L)

Suggestions are appreciated. Note that I am in late 2009.

Well GK like i said before I'm terrible when it comes to these guys changed my main guy every season but the last one i had in season was Tim wiese was classed as being good had to pay 7.5m in season 5 for him but check him out.

Now DL and DR i had this guy pablo herrera picked up for like 1.1m i think develops real plays both spots so even if you dint like him he is an excellent cover.

DC Now the one player i had was Arturo Vidal was expensive 10m when i got him and he is a dirty player to start with one match he gave away two penalties and got send off fined him 2weeks wages then a month later got two yellow cards and was sent off fined one week wages and ever since then he been clean odd yellow card but no more reds and no more penalties may even i say this guy is sis stats are amazing for the price and as for the corner bug man o man.

DR Paulo Ferrari guy said he didn't want to come to leeds offered max money and what you know were do i sign icon_smile.gif

DM are yeah bit of a spore spot too that one all the recommend ones had been taken buy bigger clubs so cant help you too much there.

i know you not asking for AMC but his guy was very good ideal replacement for piatti when he went to Milan and thats Per Ciljan Skjelbred send a scout his way and go check him out oh and my Saudi captain Al-hawasawi got 28 assist one season mind you that was the season that Cardoza destroyed the prem and i got 100+ goals in the prem icon_smile.gif

If you want a screen shot of any of these players just ask or any others because you could see how they turn out in a couple more years.

quick update. 27 games into Championship season im sitting 2nd which im very happy about.

1st Man City wins 24 draws 3 lost 0 points 75

2nd Leeds Wins 23 draws 2 lost 2 points 71

3rd Reading wins 17 draws 8 lost 2 points 59.

so automatic promotion loooks good so far. just hope i can keep up the results.

so far in jan i have brought in Anton Putsilo 250k and Birkir Bjarnason free

cheers fellas I tried it last night before I went to bed all be it against my under 18s but michalik got 2 goals - just loading up now so ill let you know how I fair.

my team then for the season then : -

GK Jourdren/ankergren

DR Lustig

DC Michalik

DC Barengrub/polak(inj)

DL Rojas/Williams

DMRC Nengomashe/Prutton

DMLC Soley

AMRC Shoes Moshoeu/Howson

AMC Witschge/Kilkenny

AMLC Mihelic/Da Costa

FC Hora/Musasa

just trying to loan Nordtveit as cover

Originally posted by jess boi:

just started a game with leeds icon14.gifdexta great start mate, u playing a 4-4-2?

yes mate 4-4-2 very narrow. with the players i have who are mostly creative and good finishers its been pretty good so far!

geesus, nice squad you got there mate! liking it!

icon_biggrin.gif jammy git, think its just luck really and the right players for the right position, i just asked the board for more transfer funds and they said no, ill try again soon! so tempting to buy salomonsson mate dont ya think because of his PA, might as well as hes a freebie! should be getting puri, mihelic, ganea and andronic but well see

yehhh im trying to get rid of beckford as personally musasa could do a job as well for 66k! who else ya rekon i could sell for good money mate? also sabic has a pa of 155 on mine and looks good already icon_biggrin.gif

geesus get Ganea mate. guaranteed goals!

right end of season 2 report!

scra6dfde2jw8.th.jpg

wow 3 teams in 100 points! almost 4! all went to plan. man city had almost the same squad plus a few additions and deletions. but very strong!

scra6e333akk6.th.jpg

heres the squad. now where do i improve? i need a squad that will keep me in the prem.

i said Avoid Relegation and i got £23mil to spend icon_eek.gif

any ideas?

right got my transfers done:

scraf197d3ar6.th.jpg

and here is my squad.

scraf2d17cpe9.th.jpg

and from these results not sure how this season is going to go...

Leeds 0-0 Crystal Palace

Leeds 2-2 Liverpool (Monnet-Paquet 2)

Sunderland 3-2 Leeds (Piatti, Monnet-Paquet)

Blackburn 4-2 Leeds (Monnet-Paquet, Gioda)

League Cup 2nd Round : Leeds 6-0 Crewe (Gioda 3, Luis 2, Piatti)

Leeds 1-1 Reading (Luis)

Arsenal 3-1 Leeds (Stancu)

so far not so good. ive just changed tactic to my oxford one, to see how it goes as the one which got me up the last 2 seasons isnt really working! we shall see!

Originally posted by dexta200:

right got my transfers done:

scraf197d3ar6.th.jpg

and here is my squad.

scraf2d17cpe9.th.jpg

and from these results not sure how this season is going to go...

Leeds 0-0 Crystal Palace

Leeds 2-2 Liverpool (Monnet-Paquet 2)

Sunderland 3-2 Leeds (Piatti, Monnet-Paquet)

Blackburn 4-2 Leeds (Monnet-Paquet, Gioda)

League Cup 2nd Round : Leeds 6-0 Crewe (Gioda 3, Luis 2, Piatti)

Leeds 1-1 Reading (Luis)

Arsenal 3-1 Leeds (Stancu)

so far not so good. ive just changed tactic to my oxford one, to see how it goes as the one which got me up the last 2 seasons isnt really working! we shall see!

That guy Monnet-Paquet sure can score. He scored two in my 5-2 home win against Manchester United in early 2010. It is now February and I'm in sixth place in Premier League. The board thinks I should be performing slightly better (huh?).

I finally lost Jimenez and "only" got 20M. I replaced him with defensive mid Matuidi who seems like a good choice. I got Costil in as second keeper beside Hennessey.

After first Prem season (if I don't get fired) I need a decent centre attacking mid, a backup left back and an awesome keeper. This would be in summer 2010. Any suggestions?

End Of Season 1 Report:

League Table:

scr46bbe22pw2.th.jpg

didnt think i was goign to go up automatically but it was comfortable in the end!

JPT Final:

scr46c24ebkp8.th.jpg

and the squad who have done it!

scr46c8da7to4.th.jpg

where do you think i should improve? how much should i expect in championship? i need a left back and GK any ideas?

how do you open football manager in a window so its not full screen, thanks

After first Prem season (if I don't get fired) I need a decent centerer attacking mid, a backup left back and an awesome keeper. This would be in summer 2010. Any suggestions?

Apart from the players i mentioned in earlier post could try these guys

Giovinco

Moutinho

Kroos

Marin

Toni Kroos

Marko Marin

Sergio Mota

ustari

Christian Pander

Steve Mandana

Dorin Goian

Per Ciljan Skjelbred (i love this guy)

Paulo Ferrari

Guys i know its hard but sell piatti when one of the super rich clubs comes stick 30mil on his ass and get that money so many bargains out there hell when i did that i got Cardoza,Per Ciljan Skjelbred and Paulo Ferrari with that 30mil and still had 20mil left over.

Yeah he good hell he won young player of the year in the prem and was part of the time classed as a wonder kid but that 30m could mean you pushing for middle table and you pushing for the title and the dream land Europe just my two bits.

Cardoza,Per Ciljan Skjelbred and Paulo Ferrari with that 30mil and still had 20mil left over.
Cardoza,Per Ciljan Skjelbred and Paulo Ferrari with that 30mil and still had 20mil left over.

Meant to say i got those guys for 30mil in total and had 20m still from my original transfer budget icon_smile.gif

End Of Season 1 Report:

League Table:

scr46bbe22pw2.th.jpg

didnt think i was goign to go up automatically but it was comfortable in the end!

JPT Final:

scr46c24ebkp8.th.jpg

and the squad who have done it!

scr46c8da7to4.th.jpg

where do you think i should improve? how much should i expect in championship? i need a left back and GK any ideas?

Sorry how did you get the likes of those players on a max budget of 3mil?

Originally posted by bihdhdhdhbd:

Why max 3mil? i had/have 5mil+ on my first season.

Excuse me if im wrong but even if I select Winner expectations in first season I get 3.1mil. Anyways in need of a good striker going into second season championship. Have around 2.5mil to spend.

You get about 1.7m for titale win and the main thing is the 165k a week salaries budget, if you keep a tight reign on your week budget and you can ajust the funds if you scroll up to see my transfer pages you can see how many players i let go for nothing or close to nothing just to free up there salaries hence my squad is on about 65k atm.

Archived