FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

Originally posted by McNuggetâ„¢:

Every game I have been buying Mr.Stancu but looking for an experience change. Oravec isnt in my game.

Juan Carlos Arce for half the money you pay for Stancu. Problem: gets injured frequently.

Adam Varadi - check him out.

Adrian Hora - varies a lot in price and quality between games.

Kaimar Saag develops well and can be bought for very little money.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i selected top half finish 1st season, got 1m to spend, sold alot of players and then asked for more money when i got a bank balance of 3m they gave me another 3.5m. then 2nd season i got 5m and this season 23m!

Sean- to do windowed play. change your screen resolution to 1280 by 800+ then preferences in FM and the display and untick full screen. simple mate.

TaNeR im in the same kinda position as you mate. well im 12th after 13 won 3 drawn 4 lost 6

Geesus - Piatti is just pure luck mate. hes not impossible to sign lol. and he should want to come icon_confused.gif ive never seen him uninterested.

just signed pichu atienze and foresteri (spelled wrong, itallian amc) for free, will join end of season and also trying to sign ben arfa aswell but hes not keen signing with me, can you list 7 star coaches here that will come to leeds

Paulo Paixao - Fitness, Kevin Ball - Ball Control, Wlodzimierz Smolarek - Attacking, Ricardo Moniz - Shooting, Simon Clifford - Fitness, Bert Van Lingen - Set Pieces, Adam Gray - Tactics, Andy Beasley - GK

i think a few of them arent going to be on your game not sure and my defending coach is a regen.

Right not my best season I must admit. Probably my all-time worst atm. 18th in the Championship after promising promotion to the EPL. January 1st this is how my team pans out.

------------C Ankergren-----------

----------------------------------

-Sarghi-Gioda-Michalik-Huntington-

-Sorsa-Mihelic-Kilhenny-Dubarbier-

----------Sturridge-Ganea---------

Subs: Kaebi, Kiraly, Pruttom, Obama, Carroll.

In need of a left back definitely, could use a right and center midfielder too. Would love some suggestions.

just got my 7 star coaches in all areas

Grats man just don't forget to push the board to upgrade your training ground and you youth scheme.

Yeah geeschrist 165k a week thats with telling them i win cc1 with a 5m squad that is very easy.

Quote( Is it just me or does the profits sky-rocket all the time? I know I keep a tight financial controlled team but 1 month into second season and I have 8mil profits. Balance is now at 17mil!)

yeah they can jump a lot in a matter of a few days if its the start of the season I'm guessing its your season tickets sales maybe a big match don't forget with leeds having 40k ground you can earn 1m+ a match for certain matches i think my recored was 1.5m for playing Ajax in euro qualifying round, just check your income in your finances and it soon tell you.

Originally posted by McNuggetâ„¢:

Is it just me or does the profits sky-rocket all the time? I know I keep a tight financial controlled team but 1 month into second season and I have 8mil profits. Balance is now at 17mil!

The economy is great on a successful Leeds campaign. I achieved equal success on the pitch with Millwall, but I didn't get nearly enough money over the following seasons.

On a different note. I finished 6th in Premier League after back to back promotions. Now I think I've played that game enough.

a different note. I finished 6th in Premier League after back to back promotions. Now I think I've played that game enough.

grats man 6th on your first season in the prem is excellent, what you got planed enough of FM08 or you going to try FM live?

I dunno how you did it bihd - because I have loaded several games and I havent got more than 120k - maybe you just got lucky unless your playing euros or something

yeah buonanotte is good but its just everyone else has had piatti it seems but I just CANNOT convince him to come.

Ive abandoned kimz tactic after losing to crap teams like luton and tranmere in successive games so I've started again and I'm using a 442 attacking formation

bihd hes at that estudiwhatever team and says he would find it difficult to leave there

Grats man just don't forget to push the board to upgrade your training ground and you youth scheme.

yeah i already getting them upgraded icon_smile.gif

after a 10 game unbeaten run (mostly draws. im 13th 9 points off relegation. so with a few more good results i can see me getting midtable. between 5th and 15th there is only a 6 point gap!! so you never know lol.

Originally posted by GeesusChrist:

Ive abandoned kimz tactic after losing to crap teams like luton and tranmere in successive games so I've started again and I'm using a 442 attacking formation

bihd hes at that estudiwhatever team and says he would find it difficult to leave there

i think kimz is terrible in the lower leagues personally it leaks way too many goals. simple 4-4-2 is the best way forward!

i agree about kimiz ive been using it to start alot of new saves with different teams after so many of u guys raving about it in here. and i never seem to get the results i want with i cnt get it to work with any teams so i allways go bk to my leeds save where i'm using polat's 442/counter tactics that where suggested to me about page 15 i think.

i also think there is nothing better than having a succesfull 442 formation.

Hey im in second season with leeds in coca cola championship check my team out:

GK: HENNESSEY

DR: KAEBI, GUNTER (LOAN)

DL: ELMER

DC: WALTON, RALDES, MICHALIK, HUNTINGTON

MC: WESOLOWSKI, DAVID JONES

MR: BARNES, TUDGAY

ML: PISCULICHI, MIHELIC

AMC: LULINHA, HOWSON

FC: MARCELO MORENO, BECKFORD, MICOLA.

I have played 7 games and have won 1 game, drawn 4 and lost 2, this is my personal worst start ever with any team in FM.

Anyway last game i drew 4-4 with middlesbrough at home. And guess who scored all 4 goals for them ROK KRONAVETER, this guy is a beast on my game. And you know what the worst thing is?? I sold him to middlesbrough for 4.3m to finance deal for lulinha. At the time i though it was good business considering i only bought him for 150k, but now im regretting it big time, but i'm confident about marcelo moreno (player spurs are after in real life). Oh well just though i'd share that with you!!

i take it derby went down in ur game an thts why u have david jones and giles barnes, two very good signings i might add. from the players that i know about ur squad looks pretty good. i have been through a number of seasons with leeds where all i cud do was draw. sometimes changing a few players helped try startin jones and mihelic and drop radles although he has good stats he never seems to perform for me. maybe that would help. if not u can either stick with it or change ur formation. ur squad could jus be adapting to the league its still early days.

End of Season update. 4th season.

League Table:

scrb98a6davd0.th.jpg

went on an amazing run but arsenal just didnt drop those last 3 points i needed them too!!

League Cup Final!!!

scrb98ee05zk7.th.jpg

FA Cup Final!

scrb990805wh3.th.jpg

Just to round off a great season!

the squad now!

scrb996e22zw0.th.jpg

just been drawn my CL group which is Roma (Winners) Benfica and Shakhtar,

not easy at all but all groups were hard!

so far this season

Community Shield lost 3-2 to Arsenal

Leeds 4-0 Boro (Gioda, Kalouda2, Briand)

Everton 3-4 Leeds (Marveaux, Luis, Monnet-Paquet, Briand)

West Ham 1-1 Leeds (Gioda)

so so far not bad tbh.

and this seasons trasnfers:

scrb99a138xq5.th.jpg

dexta great season mate! so close as well, love the fact that with leeds you can get alot of money with success, currently resuming my game, unbeaten in my first 15 games in league one so along way yet, can i ask mate what was your transfer budget for your second season in the championship?

finished 16th on my first season in premierleague, signed forestieri nuri sahin, pichu atienza,mario balotelli for free xD, need a good aml that can dribble a lot and deliver good balls,dont know how much spending money they give me yet but any suggestions ?

right guys I stuck to my guns this time and I'm using polats 442 - I used my own but found I got too many draws conceding late on about 3 games in a row

my record is played 16 W 11 D5 L0

4 of the Draws were on my tactic

I've won about 9 games on the bounce and only conceded a handful of goals - my first game switching to this tactic I went 2-0 up at brighton and I had to rely on a last minute goal by ganea to equalise 3-3 but its been awesome since then

I beat M'boro in LC2nd round but lost to spurs in the 3rd - this been my only loss so far

my team is as follows

Gk Ankergren/Jourdren

DR gilbert (loan)/richardson

DC Michalik

DC Mardare

DL Williams

MR Kalouda - What a player!!! scored some right goals

MRC Barazite (loan)/Howson

MLC Nordtveit/Prutton/Douglas

ML Mihelic - could do with a good left mid so he can go in the middle

FRC Ganea/Elding of all people

FLC Monnet-Paquet (loan) hope I can get him for championship

I sold everyone except

Ankergren

Richardson

Kenton now on list

Martin

Carole not through choice

Constantine not through choice

kandol same goes

Michalik

Douglas probably will in window

Prutton

Didnt sign anyone and I managed to get about 5 million

I've got 2 million left over for window so left mid apart from that french guy - or should I wait and save my money because Mihelic is good enough but would like to see him in the middle

kalouda is set to be player of the season as he has already got in 15 games and 1 sub: -

14 assists

8 goals

7 MoM

in 22 games -(all comps)

19 assists

11 goals

9 MoM

average rating league 7.88

average rating overall 7.70

my only problem is his stats dropped 1 - most of them anyway but I upgraded all my coaches - theyre all 6 star apart from set pieces (4) and Aerobic or strength cant remember (5)

my only problem is his stats dropped 1 - most of them anyway but I upgraded all my coaches - theyre all 6 star apart from set pieces (4) and Aerobic or strength cant remember (5)

Don't worry too much man as long as you got good coaches and you push for upgrades to your training ground and the big thing he plays matches his stats will bounce back probably get better.

kalouda is a great player! so far this season (5th) he has stepped up his game and is performing even better im not sure my tactic is the one to get the best out of him but it gets the best out of my team so im not going to change it for him lol.

tbh i didnt even change my coaches until prem! i never really do because i just wanna get there asap lol!

nice mate. well its never worked for me. i found that shortening the farrows on the fullbacks helped. have u tweaked it at all?

just had 1st knockout round draw for the champions League and i got FRANKFURT first leg away aswell! so not bad i guess seeing as i won my group!

found that shortening the farrows on the fullbacks helped. have u tweaked it at all?

Nope.....well kinda hard matches the OI i do hard tackling on players less then 10 brave and thats the only thing i do on OI always tight marking lets too many goals in.

If up 1 - 0 at 75m+ go 5 3 2 defensive.

oh and i change the tempo to quick if they have 3 shots on my goal in the first half with no reply from me you know when they laying siege to your goal.. oh and drop the width a couple of notches.

2.1 with 1v layout is for when AI has got the Xmas tree formation on.

Oh and one last thing think i found a new guy at DR Mikael Lustig bit expensive cost me 475k but i did have money to burn.

when you say cardozo you mean when you get promoted yeah?

Yeah well i got him 2nd season i was in the prem in total cost me 13m from benfica if you go back a couple of pages i posted his history just plain amazing like i said won the Euro golden boot with 70+ points.

gunna say he doesn't half look sheet hot

19 headind and 16 finishing alone are awesome - I remember playing Champ man 2001-2002 and I was Hull city of all teams when they were in division 3 and I got them in the prem

my original strikers were tomi petrescu - a 16 year old fin from leicester and danny allsop already there but I ended up in the prem getting Ivan alonso who was still quite young then and he had very similar stats but the best player by far was jerome rothen who is 30 or so on this game - shame really

My old champ games was with normally with Norwich city reason was i still remember them beating bayern munich away in Europe and the Germans looking really ****ed they lost at home for like the first time in years.

And players wise Neil Lennon back in the Leicester day

right quick update.

i just bought oscar cardozo but stupidly pressed accepted even though i need to laon him out because stupidly he isnt playing for paraguay so annoyed wasted 15m coz by the time hes got work permit he will be 31!

anyways just been taken over! and im allowed to keep my job lol.

and also hes invested 40m so far. so all good there! who would be your pick for a world class left back? arthur boka is getting on a bit and could do with a replacement. Guilherme is at madrid and wont come. any ideas? obviously my rep still isnt amazingly good! help wouldbe welcome

dexta haha dw about cardozo, hate it when that happens! sounds like your doing well, raf forster is capable of playing left back, he could be world class by now?

with my game im really enjoying it atm, just got promotion to the championship through the playoffs, missed out on an automatic by two points unfortunately but managed to get 6 mill for transfers this season, here are my transfers for this season:

leedstransfers.jpg [/img] this probably wont work, just incase:

second season tranfers

very happy with those signings as they have potential and i liked john fleck as hes british and i needed someone to cover daryl murphy and potentially be premiership quality when i finally get in the top flight icon_biggrin.gif

Here is my current squad, suggestions are welcome, im secretely expecting promotion but failing would not be the end of the world, heres my current squad:

leeds current squad: second season

i tried mihelic for 2.1 million but he went derby icon_confused.gif damn lens wanted 8 mill for monnet-paquet! what a chuffin rip off, i have faith in musasa and sburlea though! Kalouda was amazing for me last season, getting 10 goals and 15 assists and is wanted by some big clubs

Hope this team can live up to my expectations icon_smile.gif

sorry mate im in 5th season now. 2012.

i had joe mattock but sold him not good enough imo

i have rafael forster and got mamadou sakho coming in on a free. but dont think either should play Left back to get the best out of them. they need to be good defensively and attacking ie crossing dribbling and pace if possible.

cheers mate.

some good signings there. they will all do great. bernardo is a god! bertrand is very solid and fleck is a great player. sarghi and polak i feel will only help you out this season as i sold them both once i got to prem. but maybe be better for you mate.

squad looks good, unlucky not getting monnet paquet. personally i would pay 8m! with the way hes played past 2 seasons!!

Originally posted by jess boi:

okay mate icon14.gif your tactic still been succesful?

not using my oxford one. ive changed to a 4-4-2 unless thats the one your talking about lool. but yeah its been brilliant for me so far. i think another couple of world class signings like micah richards and i will be winning every game lol icon_razz.gif

2012 mmm i would probly be checking out the youth teams of the big fish geting me scouts out looking for regens, but these players i do know

Srry if i meation the obvious ones but

Bale, omar esparza should be looking tasty by 2012, Clichy, armand Traire this would be my number one pick still young but should look amazing alrdy, Chiellini, marcelo.

i tried sticking with the young guns so you get your moneys worth out them and not have to worry about DL for a few seasons.

Like i said regens should be start poping out from now on too.

Archived