FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jess boi:

okayy so plenty of dosh! with 73 million id go for m veloso, potential replacement for bernado, or maybe montolivo,although he maybe too attacking for the 4-4-2. Id definetely geta new striker, soo may to choose from though lol adriano is a demon upfront, how much is bojan?

hmm im not keen on veloso. i have signed Toni Kroos for 7m pa of 197 and at 22 a CA of 171! was at arsenal and not getting games for some reason.

Originally posted by jess boi:

go for zapata icon14.gif hes world class and deffo better than fazio considering your expectations lol 9 games into the championship and im 4th, 2 points off top, looking good!

nice mate going well! liking the tactic?

i signed Zapata and put esposito up for sale prob keep fazio as backup tbh until he starts getting unhappy.

ahhh nw mate! yehh tactic is great mate, an alround succesful tactic, there isnt really any areas of weakness tbh plus ive always liked the tactics with hogh tempo and short passing icon14.gif kroos for 7 mill, thats a bargain mate and what a player for that price, hopfully with first team action he can reach near his pa!

hmmm only problem is who to bring in?

my midfield atm after a lil clearout...

Bernardo, Piatti, Galvan, Kroos...Celsinho and Banega both trying to sell though

everyone is so expensive im trying Adrien, zapater and martinez but look too expensive.

hmmm i bet alot of the top players value shave rocketed by now, some possible midfelilders maybe wijnaldum, love that guy! toulan? just wondering mate if your still intent on a striker how much is benzema?

another couple of ideas, van der vaart? montolivo? theo walcott? not sure who else tbh mate, just keep looking for talented youth in the top national sides, being spain manager(lucky git) you should get a good look at the youth their as well icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by bihdhdhdhbd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">kroos

Toni Kroos for 7m

He is great right up there with the best FM08 players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i was really happy with that. on transfer list by request i cannot complain!!

Another Trophy comes the way of Leeds United!!

Leeds 2-1 Chelsea (Fazio, Kalouda)

Community Shield 1 down 6 to go!

, van der vaart? montolivo? theo walcott

van der hart is geting on in age by now and theo plays a lot better then his stats say but i think better players out there still as for montolivo looks goods now and i expect looks even better 5 seasons in.

DEXTA can you link a screen shot of kalouda and menez at your season so can compare

to be fair kalouda looks a more al round quality player, especially for a flat 4-4-2, however menez with his acceleration would obviously be more explosive and get at players, personally i would keep kalouda unless you can seriously cash up on him! whats his current value mate?

they both have there good points not sure if menez would be worth it though?

No your right but he plays right left and centre so are excellent cover for those slots expensive or not your got the cash coming in and you can afford to have great cover.

okay well here is my new striker

scr129e951mf7.th.jpg

CA 163 PA 196!

27m but looks good! just hope he dont get injured alot! got everything really heading finishing long shots dribbling 1st touch freekicks got decent pace and acceleration might fall over a bit but still i hope hes worth it lool

Originally posted by bihdhdhdhbd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">they both have there good points not sure if menez would be worth it though?

No your right but he plays right left and centre so are excellent cover for those slots expensive or not your got the cash coming in and you can afford to have great cover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

okay well ive put in a bid not sure i would pay over20m though so see what newcastle say

27m but looks good! just hope he dont get injured alot! got everything really heading finishing long shots dribbling 1st touch freekicks got decent pace and acceleration might fall over a bit but still i hope hes worth it lool

crappy teamwork no flair cant tackle and natural fitness of a fat bastard.

Yeah thats a striker alright little french git probly win the world cup for France icon_biggrin.gif

30+GOALS a season striker there

mann nice regen! his got surpisingly good physical stats for a regen as well, 15 strength, very good alround stats, who did he used to play for?

adrien, good signing mate icon14.gif can you post your squad once youve sorted it all out as id like to see it mate

i thinking if i get promotion this season which i hope, i could get players like adrien and galvan for fairly cheap?

i just bought Adrien for 23m he has come on alot on my game and looks really worth it barca and juve both had bids but he rejected them haha

so i think if i get menez i will have my team sorted now

you be siting pretty just injuries main wrry now cant do much about that and keep the scouts busy looking for the beckham regen icon_biggrin.gif

welll guyss im happy to say im one game away from a second succesive promotion, its been a succesful season imo, finishing 4th, i outplayed alot of team but lost out on points through the inability to convert chances! just won the playoff semi final 3-1 on agg against westbrom which is a good result! next up birmingham in the final and have full confidence as ive already done the duoble over them this season, lets just hope...... jw i know in real life going through the playoffs bring more cash but is this the case in the game?

woww ive never experienced a game where mu hands have sweated soo much! lol atleast i triumphed in what was an extremely tight game:

PROMOTION!

bring on the prem! i knew at the start of the season i could get promotion with the quality of my players, bernando is a monster in the midfield, 27 assists and 6 goals! very happy with kalouda as well, maybe time for raf forster to step up next season. Im kind of hoping a transfer budget of around 20 million to invest in some quality, just checked and toni kroos is valued at 2.5 million, wijnaldum 1.9 million and adrien 2 million so potentially i could bring these in icon_biggrin.gif

Tom who would you suggest sigining in the first season mate or anyone else please? of course i need to know my budget first though

Im thinking of bringing in gioda as hes only valued 1.9 mill, another plus is that mancity were relegated, maybe buy cavani of them, tbh i need two new strikers as i doubt musasa and sburlea will cut it up front in the prem

1st season in prem i brought in Federico Fazio highly recommend.

Costil, Tiago Luis, Joe Mattock, Leon Andreason - Recommend, Abenzoar and Forster and then come regens. not sure who to suggest other than them.

Monnet-Paquet, ry Garry Bocaly, Ever Banega if hes not playing or maybe loan him. Nordin Amrabat, oh and of course Sylvain Marveaux is a definate purchase!

for strikers you could try briand mate? or cristian Benitez?

right lads I'm just going on for a bit so might give you an update as our lass is having a nap

Ive just got to the Johnstons paint trophey final and its against gillingham - I just beat them 5-2 in the league away so I'm confident ill beat them, however

I said I would win the league but southend are 22 pts ahead of me but I do have 3 games in hand over them

I'm in the FA Cup 6th round after beatin ACC Stan, rochdale, oldham, Hull 6-5 on agg 5-4 in the 2nd away leg AET - Howson legend - and then destroying Charlton 4-1 - I have Derby now at home - probs the worst team besides me allegedly so quite happy with that draw - all rest are prem top half teams

let you know how I do

ive been expanded to 55000 but no moreFrown

the staduim does get bigger i have around 58000 and ive just asked for another extention.

dexta-thats good work wining the league and champs league in 5 years. if u havnt bought zapata yet id get him hes an absoluter hero for me cost me 27mil tho currently desribed as a world class center back and has a worldwide rep consatnly rejecting bids from barca and inter.

hopefully ill do what u have done in ur 5th season in my 7th. only lost 3games this season got beat of chealsea at home with 1 upfront so annoyin, away to valancia and my kids got humped 6-1 away to celtic however i am tryin out a new formation as i'm hitting the usual christmas slump that i get only its come early as uts november. another midfielder to look at is anderson i got him on the cheap wasnt getting his game at man utd.

or cristian Benitez
ill second that hes at valancia in my game and him in tevez destroyed my team.

arrrrr losing to the scotash must have hurt mate lol its been difficult trying to build but so far ive signed abonzoar, esposito- plays fopr juve, 18 and PA of 169, looks good. Preston edwards on a free, hell hopefully develp into his PA of 170, im still struggling for forwards though! got 8 mill to spend, mate what you do here, theres a 17 year old regen striker for fiorentina, CA 98, PA 188, they want 2 mill, would you sign him ?

1st game since coming back on howson gets injured for 2 month

2nd game mihelic gets injured for 3 week

I just lost 1-0 to Derby in FA cup gutted because I felt I had a real chance to get to the quarters but when you have to play richardson at left back and williams on left wing your struggling

mate centre back he is immmense! absolutely amazing!

Macsoz

yeah i bought Zapata! icon_biggrin.gif hes been good so far.

beat Liverpool 2-1 in the Euro Super cup icon_biggrin.gif

so 2 out of 7 could do it!

i have a feeling bernardo wont be going anywhere lol. hes put in some great performances. im in debt atm spend a bit too much money lol. but hopefully will get it back soon only 6m.

just beat Stoke 2-0 Xavier Elie got both the goals. looks pretty good so far!

well I just beat gillingham 5-1 in the final woohoo

I have 4 games in hand over forest who are top but im 14 points behind them - I'm 3rd - southend 2nd are 1 pt behind forest but they have 1 game in hand over them so I'm probs 4 points behind if i win all my games

Archived