FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

finalleaguetablehs6.th.png

Well I've done it with wins against hartlepool 3-0, crewe 3-1, southend 2-0 (knocked them out of the race) Oldham 2-0 and Leyton Orient 3-1 I managed to win the league - I came top after beating oldham so I had to win - forest were winning all the way through their game and I was losing for about 30 mins I thought I wasn't going to win the league - I was already up anyway but wanted to win the league!!!

My bank balance at the moment is 8.24m - I had 1.7m left over for transfers

how much do you think I will get to spend and who can I get for championship - I'm gunna get bernado as he seems to be good

monnet-paquet is valued at 3.9 million - is there any chance of getting him and is he worth it? - he finished with 33 goals 28 in the league but had to play quite a few games at left mid due to mihelic getting injured twice for at least a month each time

I'm probably gunna get nordtveit on loan again if I can

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here are my transfers for the championship

mytransferswe4.th.png

couldn't get jimenez as well as piatti

I haven't really got anyone to sell to get more money, the 2nd and 4th players down are regens. so too is david wright at the bottom

the guy missing is vaclav sverkos dammit

I haven't really got anyone to sell to get more money, the 2nd and 4th players down are regens. so too is david wright at the bottom

If you bought murphy last season like i did you get 2m+ plus for him main reason i sold him was i knew he wasn't prem class and i could use that money to buy 2 or 3 players that are/ would be prem class i tried selling polk/michalick too because again there good enough for championship but not the prem but had no decent offers but if i do get a decent offer any time there out the door.

monnet-paquet is valued at 3.9 million - is there any chance of getting him and is he worth it? - he finished with 33 goals 28 in the league but had to play quite a few games at left mid due to mihelic getting injured twice for at least a month each timeQUOTE

Just get him on again save the cash and at the end of the season his fav club will be leeds and be easier to sign.

In my game him and nordtveit both love leeds and when im in prem nordtveit will be my number 1 target.

well i tried loaning him but he went to real sociedad instead despite been his favourite club

ill try and get him next season

gunna try to get nordtveit again

I tried to get murphy but he went to norwich instead

wish I couldve got that jiminez guy but piatti was up for grabs so I got him

bad news brown - kalouda is upset with me for rejecting an offer for him from reading

Dont worry about it most of my squad has that every now and again they get over it quickly normally like next game you praise them and then your fav manager again.

So 7 games down the line 6 wins 1 draw top of the tree just beat wigan in 2nd of the cup and the day before transfer window closes that twat of chairman ken effing bates accepts 5and half mil for buonanotte my play maker, i mean what the **** before i could say ken bates you suck monkey balls he is off playing in Italy. Oh and the best bit River get 50% of the transfer fee because of the original deal so i walk away with after the club takes there split i get 2m to replace him and yep none one wants to come to leeds in the championship who is even close to old buonanotte class let alone for 2m. This season has just got a lot harder.

just finished my 7th season and ive finally done it won the league and the champs league along with the fa cup and the european super cup and lost the final of the league cup. one of the best seasons ive ever had wuda had an undeafeated league campain if it wasnt for chelsea. really enjoyd it.

p><p> <a  href=http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6157/squad20132014vo5.th.png' alt='squad20132014vo5.th.png'> ]squad[/url]

not really sure what to do next. as the squad will do as it i have Sylvain Marveaux coming in on a free. might have a clear out and try to improve my youth/regens as i can never get them to fullfill thier pa most are usually 30 off. its annoying as i have alot of players with pa of 185+ and i cnt get any to reach thier potiential.

thinking about getting rid of samba and naldo as they have been poor in the last few games and buy micah richards from chelsea for silly money as he's the only fast cb i can think off and try get one of my young cb's to reach his potiential.

think its going to be sell sell in my squad. try and win everygame nxt season. and possibly do international managment like few of you have done. got the 2014 world cup coming up might get a job after tht.

just finished my 7th season and Ive finally done it won the league and the champs league along with the fa cup and the european super cup and lost the final of the league cup. one of the best seasons ive ever had wuda had an undeafeated league campain if it wasnt for chelsea. really enjoyd it.

grats man well done, yeah that crappy LC been to the final twice with my 2 different leeds sides lost both times grrrr still man very impressive work i see you still using old boogie can i see a shot of your squad and your formation be interested to see who you got playing were in your all winning side,

And yeah i do like international football tearing your head out because your star player isn't good enough for club side and is sitting on the bench icon_smile.gif, well normally i find that if i don't play the big 5 country's

I have completed one season with Leeds and won League 1 - Just. I wasn't top of the league all season until the last game when i won and Southend lost.

Made some good signings first season like:

Mark Little - Loan

Dan Smith - £120k3

Trevor Sinclair - Free

Brian McBride - Loan

Pablo Piatti - £140k

Kevin Phillipa - £40k

Stephane Henchoz - loan

Just started 2nd season and signed a coupke of gems i think.

Bogdan Stancu - £160k

Chris Eagles - Free

Mark Little £250k

Jonny Evans - Loan

Jukka Lehtovarra - £20k

Brian McBride - Free

Joe Hart - Loan

Wilson Palacios - loan

Dietmar Hamann - Loan

Hermann Hreidarsson - Loan

Fraizer Campbell - Loan

Kris Commons - £900k

After 6 games ive won 4 and drawn 2. Currently 2nd.

My First XI

Hart

Little

Evans

Michalik

Smith

Eagles

Piatti

Hamann

Palacios

Commons

Campbell

Just started 2nd season and signed a coupke of gems i think.

Bogdan Stancu - £160k

Chris Eagles - Free

Mark Little £250k

Jonny Evans - Loan

Jukka Lehtovarra - £20k

Brian McBride - Free

Joe Hart - Loan

Wilson Palacios - loan

Dietmar Hamann - Loan

Hermann Hreidarsson - Loan

Fraizer Campbell - Loan

Kris Commons - £900k

The bogdan stancu is a bargain of the season and geting hart on loan is very good, but i would not bother with campbell in the long run he don't cut it.

does the screenshot of my squad not work.

currently using a 442 team tht finishd the season was

ochoa-might replace

bevers-wants new challenge, belliad, zapata, abenzor

piatti, veloso, anderson/diego, barnes

briand, stancu

already sold samba for 6.75mil to barca and marica for 12mil to roma. up for selling anyone at the right price. ive pritty much gota buy regens as the real players in the game are way to dear lyon wanted 88mil for benzema but i manged to negotate tht done to 58mil then pulled out. ive got around 80mil in transfer funds.

also there is a real shortage of fast players in my game.

does the screenshot of my squad not work.

Nope

58mil yeah i would have walked too one thing i hate about fm08 or for that matter any of them you get so far and and a shortage of one type normally shows up of course more players leagues you got the running the better but not evey body got a top spec PC.

Good squad man very soild.

what would be the best way to nurture these youngsters then? send them out on loan? play them in odd games? use them as subs? or just rotate them because I have piatti, bernardo and wijnaldum who all play naturally in the attacking midfield position of the 2 central midfielders

fair enough wijnaldum can play on either wing as well but I've got pryor who is my left winger who shares with piatti when he isn't in the centre, the other side is kalouda - who is my other problem - his contract is up and im over my wage budget - so I offered him the same as what he already is on plus 950k sign on and he rejected - bit worried I'm gunna lose him for nothing but its my own fault.

what would be the best way to nurture these youngsters then? send them out on loan?

make sure your coaches are 7 stars get the training upgraded to state of the art or the best you can get i normally push the board every season.

under 18 i normally leave them in the under 18 side with my training routine after 18 stick in the reserves bring them into the first team for LC matches or 2nd legs if i already won it in the 1st leg ect.

only put them out on loan IF they going to play don't bother if they going to be first team cover waste of time they be better of training with your coaches.

There are a few guides knocking about on the forums telling you more.

As for Kalouda there is away around it and thats to sell him on with a buyback clauses in the contract say you sell him for 10m say you can buy him back for 11m good way to make the player happy with you again and let you get your wages up until you can afford to buy him back plus that 10m can be useful

id buy messi for that in my game but thts because i have 85mil burning a whole in my pocket and dnt really need to buy any1 apart from to freshen up my squad. also hes interesting in coming to leeds i wish he was in my game. the best player i can attract in a 29 year old c.ronaldo and benzeama who i wasnt goin to pay 88/58mil for.

only players id pay silly money for would be aguerro, silva and messi possibly c.ronaldo in the first 4 seasons

id buy messi for that in my game but thts because i have 85mil burning a whole in my pocket and dnt really need to buy any1 apart from to freshen up my squad. also hes interesting in coming to leeds i wish he was in my game. the best player i can attract in a 29 year old c.ronaldo and benzeama who i wasnt goin to pay 88/58mil for.

Got to agree with macsoz if i had the money and i had nothing lose to spend it on hell yeah i buy just for the fun of it.

But if i was playing for real not a hell in chance would i buy him just like ATM in IRL if Man U are being offered 75m for ronaldo Ferguson would be packing his bags for him, but lets be honest the papers are quoting crazy money remember what the current recored is 31m or close to that.

OK end of the 2nd season it was hard season and well just beat old boro who be ****ed at me after they beat me home and away.

Whent down to the wire.

capture10062008155605sc7.th.jpg

This was probly my best result of the season even if i didnt win it i thought i was going to get me ass handed to me.

capture10062008155642xw0.th.jpg

My player of the season

capture10062008160105px9.th.jpg

So in the prem next season and still on course to try and win the prem by the 4th season only one BIG problem lack of cash my cash cows i lost never got piatti still at lazio and well you know what happend to buonanotte Ken bates i hate your guts ah well you never know may get taken over and given a big pile of cash on to the prem and fingers crossed.

How do you re-train players? I see Piatti is used as a left winger for some of you (mainly Macsoz) but he is AMC only in my game. He doesn't tend to get a match because of the first choice pairing of Lulinha and Michael Johnson - and I have a Spanish re-gen if either of those are unfit. If I could re-train him to the left wing there is a bit of a gap there, as Aaritilo is ok, but nothing more than ok.

on the newest patch piatti is an amlc but to train. i cnt remeber exactly how to do it cos i'm not looking at a game screen. but u goto the players profile. then click on training where u can see his training progress and the shud be a pull down box/option that says new postion/specific postion training or something like that. then u select that then scroll/pull down untill u get to attacking midfieler left. select that then leave him on tht an he shud become a left winger.

its alot easier than it sounds i think its also in the manual.

Originally posted by macsoz:

just finished my 7th season and ive finally done it won the league and the champs league along with the fa cup and the european super cup and lost the final of the league cup. one of the best seasons ive ever had wuda had an undeafeated league campain if it wasnt for chelsea. really enjoyd it.

p><p> <a  href=http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6157/squad20132014vo5.th.png' alt='squad20132014vo5.th.png'> ]squad[/url]

not really sure what to do next. as the squad will do as it i have Sylvain Marveaux coming in on a free. might have a clear out and try to improve my youth/regens as i can never get them to fullfill thier pa most are usually 30 off. its annoying as i have alot of players with pa of 185+ and i cnt get any to reach thier potiential.

thinking about getting rid of samba and naldo as they have been poor in the last few games and buy micah richards from chelsea for silly money as he's the only fast cb i can think off and try get one of my young cb's to reach his potiential.

think its going to be sell sell in my squad. try and win everygame nxt season. and possibly do international managment like few of you have done. got the 2014 world cup coming up might get a job after tht.

HOW DO YOU OPEN FOOTY MANAGER IN A WINDOW INSTEAD OF FULL SCREEN

Originally posted by macsoz:

u have to change ur screen resolution to greater than 1200 by 800 i think. mines is 1280 by 960 then u go into preferences then display and untick/click the full screen box.

i think.

Didnt know about the resolution thing but yeah go to Preferences -> Display -> [untick] Use Full Screen.

5 games in to the new season (15 /16), and as defending champions who won the league with 5 games to spare I am regretting not freshening up the squad. Won 2, drawn 3 and in 9th place. Heads are starting to drop and Pato who frustrates the hell out of me has asked for a transfer as he is not getting regular football. Transfer window has closed, so it looks like I am going to have to get the most out of this lot. Is it too early to panic and dip in to the reserves? If this goes on much longer, Liverpool are going to be out of sight at the top.

i know that feeling bucoh thts why i havnt started my nxt season 14/15 plus i find bringing in regens quite difficult and dnt like playin in squads full of regens.

try a change of formation that sometimes helps for me as ur players and the ai become used to it. look at man utd in real life for years fergie has played 442 but sometimes this season man utd have played 433 and 451 along with 442. just an idea that might freshen it up for u

I should have broken the Bank for Messi! I sent all my scouts out last season to look all over the shop for U21 players for the futures - only Mexes is over 30 in my squad (I think) and I signed 7 or 8 re-gens for the future - one or two look really good. I also have 2 re-gens in the youth ranks who look good, that's the only thing keeping me going, although I farmed most of them out to my feeder clubs (Doncaster - oh the irony, Gretna and WBA). Wonder if I could win something with the kids?

oh and I just beat Aston Villa 1-0 away in the FA cup 4th round - was pretty lucky - jourdren was awesome in the net

I brought on bernado who hasn't been very good for me but I had a spare sub spot and brought him on and he scored the winner from a corner

I use Polats - he has 2, a defen=sive 4 1 4 1 counter attack and a 4 - 4 - 2. I hardly bother with the counter attack any more, but it the 442 gives some great attacking action - at both ends! Have just won the group stages of the CL against PSV, Atalanta nd AEK, scoring 23 goals in the process. The only thing I don;t like about it is that I think it has the 'corner' bug - you're centre halves will chip in with either headers or overhead scissor kicks just about every other game. Against Atalanta my centre half re-gen Martinez scored 4, which is pretty unrealistic!

Hey, thought I would give Leeds Utd a try as it looked like a good challenge getting them back to where they belong.

1st season was amazing, I didnt lose a league game all season, winning 32 and drawing 14 games. I still only won the league on goal difference though lol!

Diego Buonanotte was a superstar with 49 assists and I also recommend Eman Mobali, he is quality and cheap as chips.

Just about to start the Championship so I will keep you filled in.

who knows anyone who are definate purchases for the prem: - Im 7 games left and 11 points clear at the top

My team is

GK jourdren

DR Richardson/regen PA 171

DC Michalik

DC Nordtveit (loan)/Mardare

DL Williams

MR Kalouda/wijnaldum

MC Piatti/bernado/howson

MC mihelic/bernado/wijnaldum

ML Anduele Pryor

FC Sverkos/Ganea

FC Kronaveter

my weak points are most likely: -

GK

DR

back up LB

1 DC

Back up striker or 1 better than the main 2

I'm planning to sell Ganea

probably richardson and mardare

that french guy ending in x sounds good so would you sell pryor - I might sell him as well - piatti and mihelic can cover left mid too

my weak points are most likely: -

GK

DR

back up LB

1 DC

Back up striker or 1 better than the main 2

number priority is your GK i could go list you the obvious choices but the these forms are crawling with the names for every spot.

The only thing i would do different is sell mihelic because you got bernado and wijnaldum and go out and buy a top name midfield player because you will be in the champ league next season and i personally don't think mihelic is that class.

If you could do a couple of screen shots any players your not 100% sure about keeping it be easier to advice you because i find after 2 or 3 seasons the player stats are hard to tell because they can be so different from your own game version txs to training and what clubs they been at ect.

I've only just purchased the full PC version (had the handheld for a while) and i remember why i love the game. The Leeds challenge for me is the only place to start! quality side, big stadium, will attract the best players going through the leagues.

One thing that i read ages ago was to try and arrange friendlies with the big clubs at Home - i did this, Chelsea, Liverpool, Blackburn and Newcastle.

I get £500k ish from the chelsea and liverpool games which i am hoping will see me well in season 2? Has anyone else already done this and if so did it make any difference? (it takes ages to get teams to agree and i want to know if it's worth the sofa time!)

Archived