FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

Just had my best moment in this game. Lost 6 - 3 away to Barcelona in the 2nd round of the CL, and in the home leg went 3 - 0 up, then conceded in the 83rd minute, only for aguerro to get a killer goal in injury time. If you can sign any player, get him. 7 -7 on aggregate and went through on the away goals rule. I mentioned that the 442 tactic threw up goals!

One point behind Man U who have dropped points in their last 3 matches, 8 games to play. This is some season!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone else already done this and if so did it make any difference? (it takes ages to get teams to agree and i want to know if it's worth the sofa time!)

welcome to the leeds home were we all hate ken bates and we do like a challenge icon_smile.gif

I used to do this for me old versions but with a 40k and big television money it don't make that much of a difference be honest not worth the time and hassle

well I'm trying to get kalouda and mihelic to sign new deals at the moment so Ill try and post the screenshots later tonight as I'm having to work till 10

no rush ok for your first season in the prem even the best of us find the first season hard becuase your team is normally still using cc1 and champ players if you did what i did and its season 3 of your game and the board normally give you about 20m+ to blow on new players what is just not enough for a whole new team.

For that reason i normaly cash in my cash cows at this point or at the end of season 3 i.e after first season in the prem for some stone hard cash to push for the titale in season four.

i have got 30m for both jimmez and piatti in the past and 20m for mihelic to help me rebuild .

There are just as good AMC that can replace piatti and mihelic for less then 10m or at most 15m.

In mihelic case you can replace him very easliy i still dont think he can cut it at the very top.

ok what ever you do keep kalouda he turns into the best AMR in the game well i think so anyway you dont whant to sell piatti thats fair enough but i would sell mihelic IF the price is right got to try and tie up all the players you whant to keep on long term contracts but do it after you get your new wage budget for the prem.

couple of players to think about

tiago luis

arthur boka

jimmy briad

oscar cardoza

leandro gioda

oscar ustari

federico fazio

arturo vidal

per ciljan skjelbred

oh most import that that you must have 7 stars in your coaches by now and you been pushing your board to upgrade youth and training every chance you get

I promised myself a while ago that I had played my last Leeds game, but started up a new one a few days ago. In 2009/2010 (3rd season), with 4 games left to play for the season, I am in second place after Arsenal. I corrected the errors I have made upon promotion last few times, and finally I am getting the success I have wanted. I just have to share my starting XI:

gk: Logan Bailly

dr: Hutton

dc: Mathias Jorgensen

dc: Stedan Mardare (with me since League 1)

dl: Joe Mattock

dmc: Matuidi

dmc: Wesolowski

amc: Luis Jimenez (unhappy because I won't sell him)

amc: Renato Augusto (most expensive signing, but well worth it)

amc: Piatti (wonderkid status)

fc: Stancu (30 goals so far in the Prem, contender to win player of the year)

Now I only wonder what will be my motivation for 2010/2011. Win Premier League? Beat Barcelona in Champions League?

only wonder what will be my motivation for 2010/2011. Win Premier League? Beat Barcelona in Champions League?

yeah pretty much interesting choices for your squad i not heard of bailly or mardare before and i only found out about wesolowski yesterday.

As for luis make a suggestion to cure his unhappiness is you sell for him oh i don't know 10m but you have a buy back clause of 10.5m should get around that and you playing in the champ league next season should make him want to come.

Originally posted by bihdhdhdhbd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Has anyone else already done this and if so did it make any difference? (it takes ages to get teams to agree and i want to know if it's worth the sofa time!)

welcome to the leeds home were we all hate ken bates and we do like a challenge icon_smile.gif

I used to do this for me old versions but with a 40k and big television money it don't make that much of a difference be honest not worth the time and hassle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your response, it will save me a good 30 minutes of "chelsea have rejected your friendly proposal"! icon_smile.gif

fazio isnt interested in coming - providing he gets a work permit I've got arturo vidal

I've got Marveaux, Forster and stuart taylor for my keeper only cost 675k as he was on the transfer list - I've got a youngster in Lukas lechner - teams are interested in Kalouda, Piatti, mihelic and kronaveter so far

any tips in getting the most money from players?

arturo vidal

excuse my french but ****ing quality player.

As for geting more money for your players i use this simple plan.

Bid comes in for player say 20m from bolton i then say i whant 30m send it back to the club now normally you get the we not intrested even more so if its say bolton or reading ect BUT if money bags clubs i.e. man u real M barca they probly come back with the bid you asked for reason i got 20m for milelic in the past and 30 and 40m for jimez ect

Like i said thats the way i normaly play it hell could try for more money but i dont think jim is worth more then 40m so i don;t push it.

Dont bother with what you whant for the player bids because i find they got to come in with cash offers to start with for this tatcic to work.

well I tried a few goalies and they were not interested including ustari and some other guy

taylor's CA is 150 odd so hes better than jourdren at 125

vidal is a awesome so far - michalik is struggling a bit

I have 2 million left so if you can suggest a keeper for jan transfer window

ganea never sold and his contract is up at the end of the season

bernardo thinks there is too much competition and asked to be put on the list but I said no

his PA is 119 but potential is 171

Michalik can't cut in the prem but i don't normally change him right away because of lack of cash when you first get into the prem.

yeah keep hold of bernardo great player well will be anyway

OK keepers my biggest pain in the ass position to fill ok i start with the obvious ones first.

Oscar Ustari

Hugo Lloris best in the game

Akinfeev

Craig Gordon

Ben Foster

Enyeama

Now i used all those keepers and i can say there class the following players i just read up on as being good.

Benoi Costil

Diego Cavalieri

Artur Boruc

Tim Wiese

Miguel Angel Fraga

joe hart

Ok there just off the top of me head have a look around the boards I'm sure there are a lot more.

Try and aim to get in to Europe this season if you can or next because soon as you in there money problems soon disappear icon_smile.gif

2007/2008 Leeds United Season

Modified from a stand alone thread I started on my Leeds United career...

Using a modified version of Eiler’s 4-2-3-1 (v.8.0.0.2), squad was completely remade from the previous season, with 44 players shown the door (bringing in $1.3m) and a whopping 55 brought in, costing $1.8m. About half were 18 or younger.

The season started off decently with a handful of victories and draws before Middlesbrough ran the team off in the second round of the League Cup with a 1-0 victory. The board was disappointed, but it was the luck of the draw.

And, to the surprise of all, that was the last time the team lost until West Ham won 2-0 in the fourth round of the FA cup in late January. The streak continued in L1 matches until April 12th, when Nottingham stole a 2-0 victory thanks to shoddy refereeing. With the team down to nine men, Nottingham scored twice and stole the game. Afterwards, the FA admitted that the replays revealed that the officials may have gotten the second red cad, which devastated the team, completely wrong.

In March, the team destroyed Leyton Orient 4-2 to take the Johnstone’s Paint trophy.

All in all, one hell of a good season for the boys. A 28-17-1 record, with 57 scored and only 20 conceded, good enough to finish second overall with 86 points and taking home the automatic promotion slot, a great accomplishment considering pre-season pundits had the team finishing mid-pack at best.

While Winston Parks shone as the trigger man, potting 27 goals in the 52 overall games, the real MVP was goaltender Jukka Lehtovaara, who put in 59 appearances, conceding only 25 goals with 42 clean sheets (6.82 average rating). A staggering buy off of Turun Palloseura (Finland) and well worth the $750k and 50% next sell-on clause.

The squad was completely remade from the previous season, with 44 players shown the door (bringing in $1.3m) and a whopping 55 brought in, costing $1.8m.

The reserves finished first in the English Reserves Group 6, a record of 30-4-4 with 102 goals and only 23 conceded. The junior varsity side also brought home some glory, finishing first in the English Under 18s Group 2, a record of 18-4-2 with 81 for and only 15 conceded. Lauri Dalla Valle, a precocious 16 year old picked up on a free from Jippo (Finland) was the star of the reserves and junior varsity, with 49 goals, 26 assists and 16 man of the matches in 63 appearances, all on an average rating of 7.59.

The club made a damn fine showing at the turnstiles as well, making a surprising profit of just over $12.5 with an average attendance of 19,262. Not bad at all.

In other news, the club’s chairman resigned midway through the season, and after a power struggle the new bosses made their presence known. Not quite sure how this will play in future seasons.

In the post-season awards, I managed a second place showing in the L1 Manager of the Year, just behind Nottingham Forest’s Colin Calderwood, whose team took home the trophy. Given that Leeds started with a 15 point penalty and finished only 2 points behind Nottingham, I can safely say that I got screwed over badly.

Jukka Lehtovaara was named as the starting goaltender in the L1 Player’s Select.

In the year end European club rankings, Leeds somehow dropped 25 places to 107th on the list. Odd.

Winston Parks was voted the fans player of the year.

The Best Eleven for the season consisted of:

GK - Jukka Lehtovaara – 59 appearances, 0 goals, 6.86 rating

DR – David Gray – 53/1/6.96

DC – Ben Parker – 54/2/6.87

DC – Willie Kinniburgh – 47/0/6.89

DL - Paul Huntington – 59/0/6.86

AMR - Owen Price – 52/5/6.90

AML - Albert Jarrett – 23/8/7.09

AMC – Philip Green – 45/4/7.04

MC – Da Mota – 39/5/7.00

MC – Seyfo Soley – 53/3/7.02

GK - Przemyslaw Kazimierczak – 1/0/7.00

AM LC- Kieran McKenna – 38/1/6.97

DM – Ronnie Wallwork – 9/0/7.00

AM RLC - Patrik Lomski – 25/7/6.92

anyone tell me who to buy, who to sell etc.... BTW I'm on patch 8.0.2

This was my transfers my 2nd time i started Leeds

http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capture28052008014645au1.jpg

Just a guide what i did but if you read back a last 10 or so pages you can see we talked over a lot of the players first season.

Btw i used kim tactic some of the others guys use 442

Check them out diffrent players for diffrent formations

These are the players that I grabbed before the start of the first season, almost all of them on the cheap.

Calum Butcher

Matt Jansen

Marc Laird

Seyfo Soley

Albert Jarrett

Scott Donnelly

Joey Hutchinson

Lee Boyle

Winston Parks - a must have

Jody Morris

Philip Green

Danny Holmes

Stephen Swift

Sabrin Sburlea

James Ashmore

Martin Riley

Travis Binnion

Chris Basham

Lauri Dalla Valle

Bryan Scott

Khalid Chalqi - player/coach

Paul Lunan

Gary Stopforth

Derek Anderson

Sandy Wood

Nicky Smith

James Evans

Mark Forker

Da Mota - a must have

Mxolosi Mtsetfeua - will be solid in a few seasons

Owen Price

Przemyslav Kazimierczak

David Gray - 45k from Man Utd

Grame Owens

Anthony Scribe - only 8k from Montpellier

Darren Lough

James McCarthy

Jordy Brouwer

Shane Tracy

Ben Huntchinson

Kieran McKenna - 150k from Tottenham

Matty Pattison - loan from Newcastle

Mack McAllister

Dan Baxter

Mark Nolan

Sandy Nairn

Danny Thomson

Jukka Lehtovaara - will be goalie for team right up to and including PRM, unless swooped away

David Grof

Ronnie Wallwork - loan from West Brom

Jai Reason

Patrik Lomski - on a free, will be a keeper for years to come

Dimitru Copil

Adrian Fish

The average age of the above was probably less than 18, and most were taken to take advantage of great training and youth facilities and then swap out for money later on.

ok from your list only two i rember from my games thats scribe who turns into a very good GK after 2 or 3 seasons and soley who wasn't that bad be honest norammly get into the prem in 2 seasons and these 4 are what we call the best value interms of what you buy them for and whant you can sell them on for plus they turn out to amazing and thats

Diego Bunanotte

Pablo Piatti

Bogan stancu

rene mihelic

You can and should build your team around these players they will and have won for guys here the prem titale

and when he come to join probly season 2 and in the champship

luis jimenez AMAZING player

as for your two players you showed on your screen shots not bad only one problem there 35 and 34 there stats take a nose dive and will keep droping i would drop them and free up wages.

But this is just what i think rember this is your game and there nothing we like here then someone finding new players icon_smile.gif

If you signed them cheap... then they are good. Depends on what tactics you use, i suppose.

Age is a bit high for my tastes - unless a player is free and cheap in terms of salary, I wont look at him if over 28. I prefer to sign players on the young side and develop them.

as for your two players you showed on your screen shots not bad only one problem there 35 and 34 there stats take a nose dive and will keep droping i would drop them and free up wages.
If you signed them cheap... then they are good. Depends on what tactics you use, i suppose.

Age is a bit high for my tastes - unless a player is free and cheap in terms of salary, I wont look at him if over 28. I prefer to sign players on the young side and develop them

I signed them to last me one season as they look top notch finishers. The Coach report says they both could be leading stars for CCC sides.

Anthony Scribe has always been a solid GK for me whenever I grab him, but Lehtovaara is just an eye opener in terms of talent.

I have 6 GKs right now, and hopefully will make a fortune selling them off in a few years.

Matthew Edwards - 18

David Grof - 18

Przemyslav Kazimierczak - 20

Jukka Lehtovaara - 20

Alan Martin - 19

Anthony Scribe - 20

Overall, the best players I picked up in S1 transfers, looking long term, would be Lomski and Lehtovaara, both Finnish U19s, with Da Mota and Soley close behind. Winston Parks (who I omitted from the Best Eleven in my earlier posting), is well known enough that he should be a must have right off the pop.

ok from your list only two i rember from my games thats scribe who turns into a very good GK after 2 or 3 seasons and soley who wasn't that bad be honest norammly get into the prem in 2 seasons and these 4 are what we call the best value interms of what you buy them for and whant you can sell them on for plus they turn out to amazing and thats

Diego Bunanotte

Pablo Piatti

Bogan stancu

rene mihelic

You can and should build your team around these players they will and have won for guys here the prem titale

and when he come to join probly season 2 and in the champship

luis jimenez AMAZING player

But this is just what i think rember this is your game and there nothing we like here then someone finding new players icon_smile.gif

Good players... but a few seasons away from consideration for Leeds... icon_smile.gif

Trying not to skew the wage bill and keep it within reason and build from within. When scouting for players, I concentrate on 22 and younger, at least until I manage to get Leeds into the PRM and can play with a real budget.

Good players... but a few seasons away from consideration for Leeds...

nar you can get all 4 of them in the first season i have and quite a few of us have here got them to sign first season norammly the worst one is Bogan to sign says he ain;t intrested but offer him top wages massive sign on and he come back saying yes please.

Hi guys, rather than open up a new thread I thought I'd give you the low down on my Leeds campaign, hope you find some of the players useful for the future.

Will keep it fairly brief..

Record to date:

07/08 - League 1: 6th (Won PlayOffs)

08/09 - Championship: 7th

09/10 - Championship: 2nd

10/11 - Premiership: 17th

11/12 - Premiership: 12th

12/12 - Premiership: 6th FA CUP Runners Up

13/14 - Premiership: 5th

14/15 - Premiership: 5th EUFA CUP Runners Up

Club is now worth £75M with a new board and patient chairman.

Stadium has been upgraded to 58000 all seater. Training facilities and youth policy are top notch.

Budget has risen each year at a steady rate and now stands at £40m.

PLAYERS:

Note* - as im at work im a little sketchy as to what some of the players first names are so if you are interested let me know and I will check when I get home this evening)

I’m using an altered version of Kimz tactic which is serving me well but tend to concede a fair bit (hence why I broke the bank to sign Breno this season).

The following is what I consider to be my first team:

GK - Vincent Enyeama

DR - Ilshino

DL - Apon (cant remember his name, not on home laptop currently)

DC - Arturo Vidal

MC - Miguel Veloso

MC - Adrian Silva

AMC - Nordin Amrabat

AMC - Luke Wiltshire (maybe a re-gen?)

AMC - Jonny Howson

FC – Gobis (again, I think its his name! Will edit this when I get home tonight!)

Second string team / backups:

GK – Beckmann (re-gen wonderkid)

DL – Matthias Olsson

DR – David Murray (man utd regen)

DC – Jon Jonsson

DC - Fabricio Collocini

MC – Eggert Jónsson

MC – Mckenna (regen – touted as next paul scholes)

AMC – Kazenga LuaLua

AMC – Rodriguez (regen from Italy)

AMC - Andreas Ivanschitz

FC – Guilherme (20yr old just purchased from LOSC, looks fresh but won him from a host of big name clubs, looks a real promising player)

I have around £20m to spend after smashing my transfer fee of £32m to bring in Breno. Can anyone recommend any good additions to my team in season 2015? I was thinking I would stick with what I got and buy in some promising youngsters. An exciting time what with the Champions league and the new stadium upgrade, the money and reputation should be on the up very soon.

Anyway, that’s my two cents to my Leeds team, its been great fun and very challenging playing with such a sleeping giant!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Good players... but a few seasons away from consideration for Leeds...

nar you can get all 4 of them in the first season i have and quite a few of us have here got them to sign first season norammly the worst one is Bogan to sign says he ain;t intrested but offer him top wages massive sign on and he come back saying yes please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well... in S2, all 4 are taken and expensive to acquire. Stancu is $7m base, Mihelic is $6m, Piatti 6m. After I get into the PRM, probably in my 3rd season, I will go after them once I sell off the rest of the team that my 20/20 assistant deems less than worthy for the PRM. For now though, I cant afford to take even one of them, preferring instead to go for solid shots up the middle (Jani Virtanen, Eggert Jonsson, Mrian McLean, Hosain Kaebi) that will help the team now and could be flipped for a huge profit later. I did manage to pick up Diego Buonanotte for $1m though, which could be a bargain if he has time to develop.

I did manage to pick up Diego Buonanotte for $1m though, which could be a bargain if he has time to develop

Yeah he will great player he is my playmaker atm becuase i sold jimmez.

Don't worry about geting the 4 i said there only worth geting in the first or 2nd season at the latest becuase of the value they go up too big cash cows.

GK - Vincent Enyeama

DR - Ilshino

DL - Apon (cant remember his name, not on home laptop currently)

DC - Arturo Vidal

MC - Miguel Veloso

MC - Adrian Silva

AMC - Nordin Amrabat

AMC - Luke Wiltshire (maybe a re-gen?)

AMC - Jonny Howson

FC – Gobis (again, I think its his name! Will edit this when I get home tonight!)

Second string team / backups:

GK – Beckmann (re-gen wonderkid)

DL – Matthias Olsson

DR – David Murray (man utd regen)

DC – Jon Jonsson

DC - Fabricio Collocini

MC – Eggert Jónsson

MC – Mckenna (regen – touted as next paul scholes)

AMC – Kazenga LuaLua

AMC – Rodriguez (regen from Italy)

AMC - Andreas Ivanschitz

FC – Guilherme (20yr old just purchased from LOSC, looks fresh but won him from a host of big name clubs, looks a real promising player)

I have around £20m to spend after smashing my transfer fee of £32m to bring in Breno. Can anyone recommend any good additions to my team in season 2015? I was thinking I would stick with what I got and buy in some promising youngsters. An exciting time what with the Champions league and the new stadium upgrade, the money and reputation should be on the up very soon.

Anyway, that’s my two cents to my Leeds team, its been great fun and very challenging playing with such a sleeping giant!

Looks like you got a great squad alrdy only thing i would change is have guilmere as you Left AMC becuase looks like your playing kimz and that is his ideal postion well thats what i think anyway.

Vidal is awesome and so is Enyeama problem you got at your stage is regens are starting to give real competion to players we all know from the start if you could post a coulple of screen shots of any players you not sure about we be more then willing to say what we think icon_smile.gif

But you appear to be doing a great job alrdy icon_smile.gif

The team for the 2008/2009 season...

Using a modified version of Eiler’s 4-2-3-1 (v.8.0.0.2).

GK - Jukka Lehtovaara

DL - Paul Huntington

DC - Willie Kinniburgh

DC - Brian Mclean

DR - Hosain Kaebi

MC - Eggert Jonsson

MC - Da Mota

AML - Patrik Lomski

AMC - Philip Green

AMR - Pavel Kalouda

FC - Winston Parks

Bench

Nengomashe

Matt Heath

Mark McAllister

Paul Lunan

Jani Virtanen

Owen Price

Albert Jarrett

Kieran McKenna

Seyfo Soley

Alan Martin/Anthony Scribe (will stay in the reserves and be called up if Lehtovaara goes down)

I am thinking the team should be good enough for a mid-table finish, which would put me nicely on track to take the Championship by year 3. Its a very young team with an average age of 22, and should grow nicely over the next two seasons.

The best bargains for Leeds on 8.0.2, at game startup:

gk: Geoffrey Jourdren - I have tried plenty of keepers, but Jourdren will start off ok, and if you keep him as first choice keeper, he'll develop into a Prem keeper in 3-4 seasons.

dr: Artur (Arthur?) Sorin - For very little money, you get a right back with at least Championship quality. He might seem uninterested at first, but try again just before closing of transfer window. Oh, and load all french players.

dc: Alo Bärengrub - mega bargain! The best 80k you'll ever spend on a centre back. Might require all Estonian players loaded.

dc: Stefan Mardare - not the mega bargain that Bärengrub is, but develops quickly and can go with you as you advance through the leagues.

dc: Feel free to keep Mihalik and Huntington as they are the best on the original team. On the other hand, you get plenty of money for them if you're lucky.

dl: Tough spot to fill. Blackburn's Martin Olsson is the closest I have come. Often filtered out by assistant, but typically wants to sign.

mc/dmc: Nengomashe. Very quiet type, but plays a hell of a defensive game. Cheap to buy, but asks for tons in wages. Try offering him less though, as heäll typically take the offer.

mc/dmc: Eggert Jonsson - Sometimes expensive, but a quality central/defensive player.

amc: Rene Mihelic - always sign him. Also make him captain - the rest of the team typically approves.

amc: Pablo Piatti. Tough to get in June, but starting the game in March, he can typically be signed (and for less than 300k too).

amc: Diego Buonanotte. Always filtered out by assistant. Always claims not to be interested. But I can sign him every time. Jut offer a around 4000 a week and some good clauses, and he'll come back to negotioate.

fc: Bogdan Stancu - Most expensive player on the squad, but well worth it, as he typically wins top scorer. Might claim to not be interested, but can typically be signed after a few tries.

Alternative forwards/strikers include: Adrian Hora, Sabrin Sburlea, Kaimar Saag, Adam Varadi, Juan Carlos Arce, Branimir Kostadinov. But all of them are way off Stancu's standard.

If anyone can name better options to any of the positions, I would be surprised and very grateful, as I am trying to get a perfect game going.

I've just started a game as Leeds, I'm off to check out these players now!

Not sure that these are better players, but here are some players that I've signed for Leeds:

Frees.

Mea Vitali.

Ali Manouchehri.

Hosain Kaebi.

Small Fees.

Luciano Civelli.

Jorge Rojas.

Francisco Sanchez.

anyone can name better options to any of the positions, I would be surprised and very grateful, as I am trying to get a perfect game going.

Ok What about DL you get jorge Rojas International and can get a for a couple hundred K

DR Mikael Lustig nice stats gets even better or

Hosain Kaebi fast hard tackling international again very cheap to pick up.

DC Jan Polak just take a lookie at his stats

Loans to get first season

Havard Nordveit and Kevin Monnet-paquet

both turn in to great players hell Havard turns in to one of the best CB in FM08

Get them on loan first season useful backup to CB DM AM and ST spots

and the best thing is they normally leave after one season saying leeds is one of there fav clubs so easy to sign when you get to the prem plus they go on loan to you in the champ next season.

If anyone can name better options to any of the positions, I would be surprised and very grateful, as I am trying to get a perfect game going.

Go back a page and check out the list of players I signed before my first season with Leeds. Its a long list, and a lot of the names are 18 or younger, but there are about 20 or so that can step into the team and lead it into the Championship immediately. Have a good scout or assistant manager take a look at each one and sign what you need, though with the squad you have I am not sure you need a lot. Probably the only one that I would definitely recommend is GK Jukka Lehtovaara, who usually ends up as the starting GK for Finland and a PRM star each game I have played.

Good replies. I knew some of them already, but others seem interesting. Are all your replies based on 8.0.2 patch? I've seem some players from Finland that were downgraded after the patch.

Mea Vitali - position?

Ali Manosomething - position?

Kaebi - when in the game do you sign him for free? I have looked at him a few times but he seems very expensive.

Civelli - I agree. Superior value for money.

Jorge Rojas - I will definately check him out. Thanks!

Lustig - very good, I know. But you can get Sorin for much less, and he is at least as good imo.

Polak - also good. Similar price/quality as Mardare.

Nordtveit and Monnet-Paquet - very good. I have never loaned them, but often signed them upon promotion to Prem season 3. I'm not much for loaning players.

Lehtovaara - I have seen others mentioning him on the forum. Will check him out later. I've actually seen him play irl!

The players I mentioned are are on 8.02 patch.

Mea Viteli is a DM, he is in demand so you need to offer him max salary; however he does the job and can be sold easily (for £2M+) in the championship.

Ali Manouchehri is a DC. He is in the Chilean U21 squad, but has an EU passport and can be sold on later for good money.

Kaebi is available free on 8.02 patch at the beginning of the game. Again, however, max salary is required to pick him up. That said neither he nor Barengrub, are in the same league as Arthur Sorin, what a find!

After reading your post and looking at Sorin and Barengrub I restarted as leeds and they were duly snapped up!

I have one other suggestion who I came across by chance after using the create serach filter on the new squad. The player is Rok Kranaveter. He is Slovenian so the database for that country needs to be loaded. His stats are fantastic. I paid over the odds at £350k, but I was shocked when I saw his stats and I want to try him out so I didn't haggle and just paid up!

I've now nearly finished assembling the Leeds squad and will post the team in a couple of hours.

Archived