FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about to start the season.

I've read through the posts on this thread (as well as some others)and the squad is looking pretty strong:

GK Kotenko. Emil Petrov.

DR Sorin. Kaebi.

DL Civelli. Rojas.

DC Michalik. Barengrub. Manouchehri. Samardzic.

MR Francisco Sanchez. Nikolay Petrov.

ML Mihelic. Danijel Cerne.

MC Buonanotte. Vitali. Nengomashe. Ionescu. Kronaveter.

FC Reiss. Ganea. Alex Fernandez.

There were some fantastic suggestions on this thread. I'd never come across Reiss, Barengrub and Sorin before. I paid pretty much the going rate for the team with the exception of Buoanotte. I just could not get him at the best price and at the end with August running out had the accept the clauses...

I've filled the rest of the squad out with some Slovenian U19 players, but generally wanted to keep a smallish squad.

I've also got the affordable Brazilians (Bernardo and Raphael Forster in a year and Wellington in January 2008) coming in.

I'm going to use Zagallo's tactics and seasoned alcholic's training schedules.

Moved most of the squad on with the exception of the usual suspects (like Kandol, Constantine and Carole).

Off we go!

Good comments Nicko. I'm not anywhere near my game right now, but I'll read your posts again upon my next save.

Btw, Kronaveter is good. Almost up there with Mihelic. A similar player is Tibor Tisza who I believe is Bulgarian. He plays amc/fc and scores like crazy. Often better than Piatti in fact.

Hi everyone.

Been playing a Leeds game on 8.02, doing very well so far.

First season won promotion via the play offs (would have finished top without the -15) and won the JPTrophy. Totally revamped the side, outfield players average age was 20.

Have played 5 games in Championship and am 3rd, 15M in the bank too so Smurf should be happy.

My squad is (1st choice players named first) :

GK Roy Carroll, Preston Edwards

DR Darren Barr, D/AM R from reserves forgot his name !

DL Dan Smith, Ben Parker

DC Michalik, Tall (Free)

DC Huntington, R Forster (150K)

DMC T Cohen (20k), Nordveit (loan)

MC Piatti, Howson

MC Mihelic, Barazite (loan)

AMR G Barnes, Scannell

AML Leto (loan), Some lad on a free from Fulham

ST Stancu, A Carroll(loan)

Obvious stand out performers are Piatti, Mihelic and Stancu who I all signed first season.

Very happy to get Giles Barnes for 2.1M from relegated Derby.

Looks promising for play-offs this season icon_smile.gif

Piatti, Mihelic and Barnes are very good purchases and I will have a look at Cohen now. Are Zarate and Luis Jimenez still available? With the money you have banked they would be well within your budget. They are available at the beginning of the season after they both finish their loans. Zarate is outstanding. Jimenez has simply incredible stats. He demands a transfer on available in the premiership but can sold for seriously good money (£10m+) which can be spent on players like Guilherme or Tiago Luis when you reach the premiership. The obvious other transfer target is Kalouda.

Originally posted by Nicko Blaggo:

Piatti, Mihelic and Barnes are very good purchases and I will have a look at Cohen now. Are Zarate and Luis Jimenez still available? With the money you have banked they would be well within your budget. They are available at the beginning of the season after they both finish their loans. Zarate is outstanding. Jimenez has simply incredible stats. He demands a transfer on available in the premiership but can sold for seriously good money (£10m+) which can be spent on players like Guilherme or Tiago Luis when you reach the premiership. The obvious other transfer target is Kalouda.

Hi Nicko. I was thinking of going for Zarate but after signing Barnes for 2.1 and about 8 other players for a combined 2M in the close season I wouldnt have been able to afford him. Also playing 4-3-3 with one central striker Id have had to drop Stancu for him and not doing that, he got 45 goals last season and 5 already this !

Similar for Jiminez, Id have had to drop one of Piatti or Mihelic, and unsure how much Jiminez would cost? Maybe try in January if Bates gives me a little more money to spend.

Will update when Ive played more games over weekend icon_smile.gif

Hi Burty.

I'm just into October 2007 in the game and I have no money left at all! If you do have cash, and they are still at their original clubs, then as you say have a look.

Stancu is a really good player but Zarate, I honestly think, is in a differant league to him. When I've played him in other games I've had media messages describing him as "the young player of the generation". Additionally, he didn't sulk - like Jimenez - when you go up to the premiership. If you can get Jiminez, haggle with counter offers and you may get him at an affordable price. He is amazing (won European midfielder of the year for me). Perhaps see if you can shuffle the midfield (which is superb already!)to accomodate him?

Good luck for the rest of the season!!

Stancu is a really good player but Zarate, I honestly think, is in a differant league to him. When I've played him in other games I've had media messages describing him as "the young player of the generation". Additionally, he didn't sulk - like Jimenez - when you go up to the premiership. If you can get Jiminez, haggle with counter offers and you may get him at an affordable price. He is amazing (won European midfielder of the year for me). Perhaps see if you can shuffle the midfield (which is superb already!)to accomodate him?

I have Jiminez on loan in S2 on the Championship... if I make it to the PRM for next season, was thinking of spending the $8m required to grab him. This sulking you speak of - does it translate into moving over to the PRM or just moving up into the PRM?

Hi Burty.

I'm just into October 2007 in the game and I have no money left at all! If you do have cash, and they are still at their original clubs, then as you say have a look.

Nicko

As far as I remember (Im at work now, FM on home laptop), Zarate went to Watford at start of season 2. I was debating signing him but then saw Giles Barnes was available and went for him with my last 2M instead, as the AMR position needed strengthening urgently. May live to regret it but Stancu's stats and value are rocketing and hes got 50 in 50 for me since eh signed at start of game.

As for Jiminez - how much does he tend to cost, I may try and get him in Jan or perhas on loan? Could always shift Mihelic to AML and alternate him with Leto there.

Good luck for your season too !

Hi Gordon.

I have only one experience to speak of, so this is not "gospel"; he played superbly for me when I signed him in the Championship. Indeed he won European midfielder of the season, which for a Championship player is pretty good! Immediately on promotion into the premiership he asked for a move. I refused this, he continued to be unhappy and then resorted to missing training. In the end I felt that this was affecting wider team morale so sold him. In this situation the big European "super Club" did not express an interest and the best offer was £13.25M from Everton which I accepted. I then bought Guilherme and Tiago Luis with the money (24 month type deals).

I would buy Jiminez again and hope to when I get Leeds into the Championship. This time, however, I will sell him immediately if he asks to go and will use the cash in the bank to replace him.

So in your game my suggestion would be "buy buy buy" but be prepared to "sell sell sell"!

Here come's a BIG update as I've broke my heel and all I have been doing to fill my days is playing FM!

After going undefeated in my 1st season I had high hopes for the Championship and my team didn't dissapoint, finishing 2nd behind Reading and winning promotion back to the Premiership.

Here's what happened in my 1st season in the Prem

league2010gb8.th.jpg

This pleased me as my team was still largely the same from League 1 apart from Henok Goitom who has been a star for me.

My 2nd season in the Premiership was a great success as I really strengthed my defence with Kaboul (great from the corner bug), Vanden Borre, Sankhare, Karl Svensson, Digard as DM and Costil as my GK. Here's how it finished.

league2011wr8.th.jpg

We also won the League Cup, beating Middlesboro' 2-0 and we got to the FA Cup semi's, only to lose to Arsenal 3-1.

Our 3rd season in the Prem was unbelievable!! I brought in some top quality players, take a look.

2012fd6.th.jpg

We qualified for the Champions League grouo stage and we won our group which had Roma and Real Madrid (They have won it for the last 5 seasons!!) We ended up losing to Inter in the 2nd round on away goals after drawing 3-3 on agg.

But, the Premiership is where we exceled.

2012leaes8.th.jpg

We were awesome all season and we won the League Cup again, beating Arsenal 2-1 but we last the FA Cup final to Liverpool 2-1.

This bring me to the current season.

So, here are my transfers

2013tt9.th.jpg

It's the 1st time I have had David Silva as I never start with big teams and he is unbelivable!!

We have qualified for the knockout stage of the Champions League again where we will play Real Zaragoza.

We are currently 2nd in the League as our away form is letting us down but we are only 2 points behind Man United.

Anyways, my best player through my time with Leeds Utd has to be Diego Buonanotte who has been with me since League 1, he is an assist king!! Here's a screenie

buonanottesa6.th.jpg

He has to be my fav player on this years version.

Also, just thought I would show you my tactic I have made and if anyone wants to give it a try i'll upload it somewhere for ya.

tactickz0.th.jpg

If anyone wants it then i'll go into depth regarding it.

I will keep my updates small and frequent now as my hands are killing me!!

Also, just thought I would show you my tactic I have made and if anyone wants to give it a try i'll upload it somewhere for ya.

If you could that be great im always looking out for new tactics or back up ones foe when the AI catches up with your current one.

Btw great going in the prem, one question kaboul yeah he turns in to a good CB/DM but with the cash you got to spend why don't you go out and either buy a world class player or a wonder kid?

Great to read that Buonanotte continues to perform and holds a place with all that class that you have in your side. I'm in November 2007 and have him.

Staunton continues to show no interest in renewing his contract - do you have any suggestions for an Ass Man to replace him?

Here is the tactic for you mate.

http://rapidshare.com/files/125196473/Leeds_Utd_Dominat...__Feb_2013_.tac.html

It's focus is short quick passing with a counter attacking style so your players must be all good at passing, I mean at least 14-15 for Prem and working your way down to about 11 for League 1.

all players are all on tight zonal marking apart from the DM so he is not static and can cut attacks up from all around the pitch.

The wingers should have all the characteristics of a good winger like pace, crossing etc. but also, they must have good finishing as they also find themselves as strikers as you can see by the farrows.

I also use a playmaker but that is entirely up to you as it seems to work just as well without one.

One more thing, your CB's must have a bit of pace because the defensive line is quite high but you could try and sit a little deeper and see how it works.

I am looking to sign a CB mate, been scouting Sakho closely but he is valued at 17 million at the minute and he's still at PSG so am looking at about 35 million to snap him up but I have got a lot of good regens so maybe I won't need to.

11 games into the Championship and delighted at the 6-5-0 start, with 20 for and only 8 against.

Winston Parks has continued his torrid performance from L1, with 11 goals in 10 appearances (7.90 average rating). Others of sterling note have been Luis Jimenez (7.75), Patrik Lomski (5 goals, 7.50), Brian McLean (7.46 and an anchor on defence) and Jukka Lehtovaara (7.29 in 14 apps with 5 clean). Looking good so far.

Anyone taken Parks up to PRM? How does he perform there? I know Lomski, McLean and Kehtovaara all do well up, but never really noticed Parks on a PRM side.

hi guys

i can't remeber who it is but i'm sure i remeber one of you guys signing kevin monent-paquet. ive just bought him for my qpr team how good does he become and will he be ready to hit the prem in season 2.

if anybody is looking for a championship stirker get billy sharp in. so far he has 25 in 22 for me a qpr. when i was leeds in the champ i swore buy zarate stancu and jimenez and they would be all you need to get out the league. i know think billy sharp is all you need.

I'm in December 2007 and I'm second in L1. My squad is:

GK: Casper Ankergren(conceded only 11 in 23 games. He made his best matches in League Cup and I've reached the Semi Final against Arsenal)

DL: Bill Tchato

DC: Raymond Kalla

DC: Chris Hogg/Paul Huntington

DR: Yordan Todorov

DMC: Christof Babatz

AML: Alan Thompson/Filipe Da Costa

AMC: Shoes Moshoeu(38, but great!)

AMR: Rolan Gusev/Gabriel Torje

FC: Roberto Holsen(17 goals in 26 games)

FC: Tore Andre Flo/Steve Marlet/Bruno Mezenga

Subs:

GK: Jukka Lehtovaara

DRC: Keith Watson

DMC: Mathias Almeyda

AM: Filipe Da Costa/Gabriel Torje

FC: Tore Andre Flo/Steve Marlet/Bruno Mezenga

Some of my transfers:

Youngsters:

Mark McAllister(Dungannon, 151 PA)

Patrik Lomski

Coming on 1.1.08:

Breno

Andrea Russotto

Carlos Zegarra

Kevin Phillips

Coming on 1.6.08:

Alex Teixeira

Coming on 1.7.08:

Lulinha

Bruno Formigoni

Nicola Donazzan

Luis Jimenez

Regens:

Neil Brock, DC, PA - 177

Jorje Vaquero, DC, PA - 177

Andreas Assauer, AMR, PA - 176

Georgi Kolev, ST, PA - 175

Allistair McAllister, ST, PA - 165

Davide Merlino, ST, PA - 179

Yavor Vodenicharov, GK, PA - 157

Robert Portilla, AMR, PA - 175

Backup players:

DC:

Rosen Kirilov

Frederic Dehu

DL:

Percy Olivares

AMC:

Dario Muchotrigo

Youngsters:

Mark McAllister(Dungannon, 151 PA)

Neil Brock, DC, PA - 177

Jorje Vaquero, DC, PA - 177

Andreas Assauer, AMR, PA - 176

Georgi Kolev, ST, PA - 175

Allistair McAllister, ST, PA - 165

Davide Merlino, ST, PA - 179

Yavor Vodenicharov, GK, PA - 157

Robert Portilla, AMR, PA - 175

For the life of me, I can not figure out the setting which allows me to get PAs. Am I missing something desperately obvious, or is there a third party mod I need to download to generate a PA report?

One player you might whant to check out is bernardo from brazil MC but can play in AMC too norammly pick jim up quite cheap he gets a WP on appeal usualy gets young player of the year i got him that in the champ and the prem.

Starts off at cruzeio.

Quick update and a couple of requests?

Promoted to Championship and Zarate, Jimenez, Sidnei, Torje, Bernardo; etc are in.

I need an Ass Man as Staunton has left - has anyone got a suggestion?

Frontline is Zarate, Kronaveter and Ganea but need an affordable squad striker. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For the life of me, I can not figure out the setting which allows me to get PAs. Am I missing something desperately obvious, or is there a third party mod I need to download to generate a PA report?

FMM, Miniscout or Genie scout </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. More curious than anything else.

Will still rely on my 20/20 scout and assistant manager, but good to know that this little mystery is solved... icon_smile.gif

So in to the Championship and Leeds are top with 15 points after 6 games.

From last seasons squad (in order to raise cash) out go:

Michalic

Vitali

Kotenko

Rojas

Samardzic

The Championship squad is now:

GK Jourdren, Scribe.

FBR Sorin, Kaebi.

FBL Civelli, Rafael Forster, Hernan Mattizzo, Pablo Brandan. (Two too many but look the last two up - bargains!)

DC Barengrub, Sidnei, Ali Manouchehri.

MR Torje, Eric Grendel.

ML Mihelic and Civelli/Mattizzo/Brandan.

MC Jimenez, Buonanotte, Bernardo.

FC Zarate, Kronavater, Ganea and Adam Nemec - have a look at his stats for a back up squad striker?

Coming in January:

Wellington from Sao Paulo.

Franco Razzotti from Velez after his loan to Sporting Cristal ends - look at his stats for £75K! There are a couple of deficiencies in his attributes but he looks a good player.

As Ass Man I brought in Masssimo Neri the England squad couch and replaced the rest of the back room staff with the best that i could find (Holland/Bulgaria national squad coaches, etc). I'm still unsure as to what constitutes a 7 star coach and would appreciate any advice?

It's early days but the squad already looks too strong for this league and I will watch out for the added quality required for the Premiership (Guilherme/Tiago Luis etc) when they pop up on the short list. I'm using Dexta's PA as my main shortlist.

I continue to use Zagallo's tactics which work well.

Any advice on planning for the Premiership appreciated!

Hi guys

Just celebrated promotion via the play offs for the second season, this time beating QPR 2-0 in the final and we're in the Premiership !

Off to do some seriosu wheeler-dealing and plannign for the big league but here are the details from my first two seasons :

0708 Squad

<A HREF=A>

0708 Transfers

<A HREF=A>

0809 Championship

<A HREF=A>

0809 Squad

<A HREF=A>

0809 Tranfers

<A HREF=A>

Any advice on planning for the Premiership appreciated!

Get a 20/20 Scout and Assistant Manager and start trimming your roster. Anyone not 5 star at Championship level will need to be eventually replaced if you make it to the PRM, so start selling players who occupy the far end of the bench. A lean roster can rely on reserves and under 19 kids to fill it out in case of injury, and that cash can be used to pick up a 5+ star prospect or pro that you have scouted.

I am at the halfway point of the season with 53 points in 24 games (15-8-1), so now that the PRM is staring me in the face, all those 19+ prospects I picked up for cheap because I anticipated a few years in the Championship are extraneous. Still making a decent profit with each of them, which is a good thing.

That's a good suggestion on sub 5* players. I find it hard not to be personal and keep hold of players that you find, but it makes sense to keep moving players on to raise cash. I aim to bring players in to my reserve team and then at each subsequent transfer window, based on Ass Man assessment, sell any player that I am told to off load. It's amazing how much cash you can get doing this, for example:

Igor, cost £30k sold 500k.

Mattiuzzo, cost £16K sold 500k.

Meanwhile, has anyone else seen the bargains, due to minimum release fees, that can be had from Sao Paulo? Henrique - £300K!

That's a good suggestion on sub 5* players. I find it hard not to be personal and keep hold of players that you find, but it makes sense to keep moving players on to raise cash. I aim to bring players in to my reserve team and then at each subsequent transfer window, based on Ass Man assessment, sell any player that I am told to off load. It's amazing how much cash you can get doing this, for example:

Igor, cost £30k sold 500k.

Mattiuzzo, cost £16K sold 500k.

Meanwhile, has anyone else seen the bargains, due to minimum release fees, that can be had from Sao Paulo? Henrique - £300K!

My scouts are scouring Europe for 18 and under players right now, and then my 20/20 scout does a secondary assessment on any 8+ 18 year old players, 4+ at 16-17, or any 3+ players 15 years old. Anyone remotely useful, I sign them in the understanding that the excellent facilities at Leeds plus a 7star staff across the board will result in a 20 year old that can either step in as a wonderkid or be auctioned off for a lovely profit.

Of the 92 players brought into the club over 2 seasons, about 60 were brought in as sub 18.

Also helps to schedule as many friendlies for the reserves and under 19s as possible. With a burgeoning youth academy, games every 3 days should give everyone a chance at 20+ games a season, which should help their development.

Thanks Gordon! That is really useful. One thing, how do you allocate your coaches to each coaching area please?

My current staff:

Assistant Manager Ed Baranowski - assigned to all (allows workload to be light across the board).

Alan Crawford - strength

Jesus Paredes - shooting

Ade Mafe - ball control

Tony Docherty - aerobic

Mark Grew - goalkeeping

Malcolm Thomson - set pieces

Gordon Armstrong - attacking

Chris Gillard - tactics

Tommi Paavola - defending

Paavola I had to sign as a player and then resign as a player/coach, since the board didnt want me to have so many coaches.

The only weakness is attacking, which is only 6 stars (it was 7 stars at the start of the season). Even though the training is solid at 7 stars, will have to replace almost all the coaches if I make the jump to PRM. Want to make sure that each coach has at least 10+ in adaptability, motivation, level of discipline, working with youngsters and man handling, and a lot of them are lacking in those areas.

Really helpful, thank you! I like Parades and Thomson - I'll have them! Other coaches I can't find, database loaded I suppose.

Have you had a look at Hans Jorritsma, Han Berger and Michal Libich; they all have reasonable stats for Championship?

Havent done a coach check since I signed the staff at the beginning of the season, but ideally each coach should be 15+ in motivating, level of discipline, working with youngsters and man handling, and then 19 or 20 in his chosen field.

Right now, in the region (can still only scout on the continent), there are only a handful of coaches that meet that criteria and can slot themselves into a 7star category. Paul Paixao (CSKA Moscow) would be a solid stengeth/aerobic coach, Rene Meulensteen (Man Utd) or Ricardo Moniz (Tottenham)for shooting, a handful of others.

"Reasonable" doesnt cut if for this staff... icon_smile.gif

Dont have Sheytanov in my loaded db.

One of the reasons that I love this game so much is that the more effort you put in the better.

Here is one that I've found if you are running South American leagues?

Horacio Britas - Danubia.

Will come back if I find anymore - Doctor Who time!

Dont have him.

Have a few youngsters who will be staggering talents in future years. Kevin Heylen, Brett Smith, Jorgen Kolstad, Piotr Czaplinski and Lauri Dalla Valle are probably some of the more recognizable names.

I have 3 scouts who take a nation each and look for 22 or younger. When they report back in, then anyone highly recommended gets the secondary scouting from the main 20/20 scout. By the end of the season, I should have scoured all of Europe quite effectively this way. I also have the main scout (Steve Martin) take a look at the under 19 national teams that are often overlooked - Finland, for example.

Gordon, I've got all the 7* coaches in place; none of them match your specification though!

Can you tell me please, who is the 20/20 scout that you have?

No idea if staff and players vary from game to game, ala a modifier.

When you say none of them match the specification, do you mean that, say, Alan Crawford doesnt translate into a strength coach for you? His Fitness is 18, so he is a 7star coach. What is his rating for you (this is season 2 for me, by the way, though I cant recall what the rating was for S1, although I do remember it wasnt 7star).

My main scout is Steve Martin. A lovely 20/20 with a 16 determination, 12 adaptability, 14 motivation and 16 determination. He came over from Man City.

Archived