FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant to say that I have assembled a staff of 7* coaches, but that they do not meet your full specification; for example most fail the man management criterion that you set. But, they will do for now. Alan Crawford is not in the databases that I am using.

The coaches are in the main from South America. For example, Roberto Sanchez a 7* fitness coach from America, Columbia. Let me know if you want me to list them?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Nicko Blaggo:

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant to say that I have assembled a staff of 7* coaches, but that they do not meet your full specification; for example most fail the man management criterion that you set. But, they will do for now. Alan Crawford is not in the databases that I am using.

The coaches are in the main from South America. For example, Roberto Sanchez a 7* fitness coach from America, Columbia. Let me know if you want me to list them?

Ah.. nah, no need to list them - if I didnt load up South America, I do not have access to them.

The optimal criteria for coaches (adaptability if coming from another country, motivation, level of discipline, working with youngsters and man handling) is something one should just keep an eye out for. As long as you have 7stars, you are fine, but do routine checks now and then for coaches with 10+ or 15+ in the above categories and swoop down and get them when you can. It wont happen overnight, but if you keep an eye out for coaches like that eventually your staff will be legendary.

Originally posted by Nicko Blaggo:

It seems like I am always asking things of you, there is so much to this game; can you please tell me how I use search to find coaches? I found all the coaches by trawling through clubs. It took me two hours. I'm an anorak for this game!

Find staff is right where you find players - under search. Then just filter as per usual.

If you look at Burty76's screenshot on page 30, you would look down the left to "search" and just expand that.

2008/2009 Season

Given 25-1 odds at securing a promotion at the pop by the punters, the boys did well to confound the critics and finish second in the table, with a lovely 91 points from a 25-16-5 record, with 85 for and 50 against. The last time the squad finished 2nd in the Championship was 1956 (though they won it in 1990).

In the FA cup, the team managed to make it to the 4th round, before Everton won a hard fought 3-1 game. The final score was not indicative of how close the match was, as Everton managed two late goals to seal the game.

In the League Cup, the team achieved a quarter final berth, before parent club Newcastle taught the boys a lesson with a 3-1 stomping.

Many players took home accolades from their performances, with fan favorite Winston Parks leading the way, picking up 28 goals in the Championship (34 goals overall), as well as 10 Championship man of the matches, 7 assists and a 7.40 average rating.

Luis Jiminez, on loan from Newcastle, put together a sterling year-long effort from the AMC slot, finishing with a league high 22 assists on a 7.81 average rating.

In the post-season awards, Winston Parks took 3rd in the Top Goalscorer behind Craig Bettie of West Brom and I finished 3rd in the Manager of the Year. Five of the squad was named into the Championship Players’ Select – Jukka Lehtovaara, Brian McLean, Willie Kinniburgh, Luis Jiminez and Winston Parks.

Efforts were made to sign Jiminez before the season ended, but the squad ran out of transfer cash and he wanted way too much for a simple Championship squad. Hopefully he can be grabbed for next year’s campaign.

In the Season Summary, Jiminez was singled out for the highest assists (22) and average rating (7.81) in the Chjampionship, while Pavel Kalouda ($625k) and Brian McLean ($1.4m) were both sited for Signing of the Season.

Winston Parks won the Leeds’ Fans’ Player of the Year for the second time in a row.

The Best Eleven for the season:

Jukka Lehtovaara – 53 appearances, 0 goals, 7.21 average rating

Hosain Kaebi – 43/0/6.91

Paul Huntington – 46/2/7.22

Brian McLean – 51/9/7.37

Willie Kinniburgh – 32/4/7.28

Patrik Lomski – 47/16/7.36

Eggert Jonsson – 35/1/7.00

Da Mota – 34/3/7.12

Luis Jiminez – 44/11/7.77

Pavel Kalouda – 40/9/7.35

Winston Parks – 41/34/7.46

David Unsworth – 2/0/7.00

Nengomashe – 34/2/6.94

Bo Storm – 18/2/6.89

Wellington – 6/2/7.17

David Edgar – 16/0/6.94

The Reserves finished 2nd in the table with 76 points from a 23-10-3 record (84 for, 25 against). Sabrin Sburlea was the MVP of the reserves, with 19 goals, 5 assists, 5 man of the matches and an average rating of 7.42 from 32 appearances.

The Under 18s finished 1st in the English U18s Group 2 table, with 58 points from a 18-4-1 record (89 for, 19 against). They also lost a tight match to Portsmouth, 1-0, in the quarter finals of the U18s tourney. Lauri Dalla Valle took home his second MVP trophy, with 33 goals, 30 assists, 16 man of the matches and an average rating of 7.58 from 53 appearances.

The team scraped together a profit of $2m, which was very decent all things considered. An average attendance of just under 30k left a smile on each and every member of the board of directors.

On the transfer market, the team was busy again, bringing in a whopping 73 players on just under $13.75m. That brings the total brought into the team to 118 in two seasons, with the vast bulk of those 17 or under, ensuring that the team will have a very healthy youth system for years to come. The team also sold or released 35 players, bringing in $15.5m. Most of those who were let go were prospects who were perfectly acceptable for a Championship side, but once promotion was no longer far away on the horizon but close at hand, a slow and gradual purge had to begin.

Its amazing how easy it is to blow through $43m... icon_smile.gif

Given that much money on transfers, I managed to spend $51m on 35 players, ensuring that the team has a solid chance to finish mid table this season.

The big names brought in for this season:

Karim El-Mourabet ($1.3m - Slavia Prague)

Steven Whittaker ($3m - Rangers)

Ruben Ramos ($6m - Betis)

Yohan Benalouane ($4.2m - AS Saint-Etienne)

Jean-Michel Fontaine ($2.3m - Stade Rennais FC)

Micheal van Breukelen ($2.6m - NEC)

Ismael Akerlund ($11.5m - Dinamo Kiev)

Tore Reginiussen ($1.8m - H. Tel-Aviv)

Rafael Forster ($3.6m - Stabaek)

Jon Ellorriaga ($2.4m - Osasuna)

Dorian Andronic ($4.5m - Steaua)

Yessu Cabrera ($4m - Independiente)

The only holdovers from last season assured of a starting position are Lehtovaara, Kaebi, Nengomashe and Lomski. Bo Storm steps into the gap left from the departing Luis Jiminez, and while Winston Parks still has a job, its a very tenuous one.

After 2 full seasons and a start of a third, the minor league system is well stocked (as well it should, given the number of players that have been signed).

Should be a solid run in the PRM.

Originally posted by bazblock:

doesnt jiminez want to sign for you?

There was a chance last season, but the transfer cost would have been $5m (which I didnt have) and he wanted $51k (which was way out of sync). I tried to grab him as soon as the season flipped, but another team beat me to it.

Hey im in 2013 with Leeds and i have established myself as a top 4 team for any beginners i would reccomend that you buy lots of players from argentina and brazil

When i started

Gk Ankergren

DrArthur Sorin

DcHuntington

Dc Emmanuel Martinez

Dl Mateo musacchio

Mc Thompson

Ml Sergio mota

Mr Sburlea

Amc Buononote

Fc Flo

Fc Stancu

Originally posted by Jeremy1234567:

Hey im in 2013 with Leeds and i have established myself as a top 4 team for any beginners i would reccomend that you buy lots of players from argentina and brazil

Problem is, of course, that the Leeds board wont let you scout outside of Europe until season 3 when you are in the PRM. Makes for a bit of difficulty unless you have some inside knowledge... icon_wink.gif

Well I thought id finally post in the Leeds thread again, after saying I wouldnt start another Leeds game till FM09 came out but I couldnt resist it!

Here is how the league looks about half way through:

cocacolaleague1leaguetayr9.th.png

I think personally that is pretty good, our defencive record is really good IMO but my goals for recrod isnt too great, ive been trying to find a good striker that will get goals to round the season off and all I have came up with is Kevin Phillips? Im in the process of trying to sign Stancu but other clubs are after him as well tho. Any other ideas, its the 29th of Jan tho so cant need a work permit?

Here is my transfers:

leedsunitedtransfershisab3.th.png

I think ive done pretty decent with transfers, sold quite a few players I was never going to play, and got in some good young players.

This is my current squad at the moment, cannot wait till the Championship:

leedsunitedleedsplayersvk1.th.png

And lastly this is how my finances are looking, pretty good to be honest, although if I do sign Stancu this will drop to about 0 in the transfer kitty lol:

leedsunitedfinancessummkb1.th.png

So any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Originally posted by Gordon231:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeremy1234567:

Problem is, of course, that the Leeds board wont let you scout outside of Europe until season 3 when you are in the PRM. Makes for a bit of difficulty unless you have some inside knowledge... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yeah i suppose you do but its not difficult to just look around the likes of river plate,santos,sao paolo etc.. and u21 and u19 internationals

Originally posted by Jeremy1234567:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gordon231:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeremy1234567:

Problem is, of course, that the Leeds board wont let you scout outside of Europe until season 3 when you are in the PRM. Makes for a bit of difficulty unless you have some inside knowledge... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yeah i suppose you do but its not difficult to just look around the likes of river plate,santos,sao paolo etc.. and u21 and u19 internationals </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wel, now that I am in the PRM, I can scout them, sure. Before that, it would be a wee bit like cheating to try and sign any of the U19 internationals from South America without scouting them first.

Once up in the PRM, I divided my scouts into regions with each going through the countries one by one looking for under 21 talent and my main scout hitting the U19 and U21 teams, so hopefully a few gems will come my way.

So any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Looks good so far, so you should be fine up to the championship as is.

Mihelic, Andronic, Scribe, Ionescu are all long term keepers. Just check over the last few pages for others to grab that you can get young and cheap and nurture until you hit the PRM. Concentrate on 22 or less, with an eye towards building a juggernaut youth system - those you cant use, you sell for a profit.

Originally posted by Gordon231:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Mihelic, Andronic, Scribe, Ionescu are all long term keepers. Just check over the last few pages for others to grab that you can get young and cheap and nurture until you hit the PRM. Concentrate on 22 or less, with an eye towards building a juggernaut youth system - those you cant use, you sell for a profit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the advice, I signed stancu and although he got a hattrick on his debut he started slow getting quite a few 6s but once he settled he won the league for us with getting quite a few goals. Ive signed bernardo and trying to get jimenez(loads of clubs including big clubs like lazio are trying to get him so its doubtful). I need a new keeper even tho Ankergren was solid last season I dont quite think he would be good enough for championship football? Also a new left back is a must. Left wing is also a must? Ive got about 6mil to spend on all positions! Any ideas?

Thanks for the help, i tried civelli last season and he went to another team so doubt i can get him same with mattiuzzo as well. I want a keeper that will be solid for prem to, and my experience of both kotenko and jourdren havnt been too great. So I will try Rojas and Bacinovic, is that romanian the dm? Im sure ive signed him on a free before. I will try him as well. I will be getting the lithuanians from hearts for free, the two of them and will prob just sell them on. Im trying to get altidore as my second striker but in past experiences he never gets a work permit for me unless im a prem team. Any other ideas?

You are right about Kotenko, but he will do a Championship job. Sell him before the Premiership and you'll make a £1M on him. In the Premiership you can then have a look at the really class keepers - For example, I like Marcelo Grohe.

Pablo Brandon is another cheap Argentinian left back. Bacinovic is a cheap Slovenian LB. Daminuta is the Romanian DM on a free.

In terms of strikers:

Cheap.

Rondon is now very cheap because he is 30. Same with Cristian Rami. Both will do you a job as a back up forward.

Have a look at Gonzalo Del Bono. Good middling stats for £750k and fine for the championship. Ganea is also now cheap and you should pick him up (if he has not moved) for under £500K.

If you have the cash - around £3.5M should do it -I always buy Zarate. Class, class, class!

Originally posted by weebob88:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gordon231:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Mihelic, Andronic, Scribe, Ionescu are all long term keepers. Just check over the last few pages for others to grab that you can get young and cheap and nurture until you hit the PRM. Concentrate on 22 or less, with an eye towards building a juggernaut youth system - those you cant use, you sell for a profit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the advice, I signed stancu and although he got a hattrick on his debut he started slow getting quite a few 6s but once he settled he won the league for us with getting quite a few goals. Ive signed bernardo and trying to get jimenez(loads of clubs including big clubs like lazio are trying to get him so its doubtful). I need a new keeper even tho Ankergren was solid last season I dont quite think he would be good enough for championship football? Also a new left back is a must. Left wing is also a must? Ive got about 6mil to spend on all positions! Any ideas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get Lomski. A must have and will be your captain in the PRM for years to come. Regardless of who you have right now, Lomski is worth getting because you can train him to play a half dozen positions and he excels everywhere.

GK - get Jukka Lehtovaara. He should be cheap to acquire and he is a stalwart in net.

For left back... if you can get him cheap, Yohan Benalouane, who is doing wonders for me at DL in the PRM, If not, then Paul Huntington who can excel up to Championship. Frederic Duplus is also a solid option - at 19, in the PRM, he can play all three back slots with ease and is just coming into his own.

Thanks again for the advice everyone, I will try most of the names suggested to me when I go back on FM. As for Lomski on the latest patch on mine anyways he is really quite poor, if its patrik lomski from the finish club that both aaritalo and the keeper come from? Im sure his PA was about 100 max. I could use huntington at LB, he has slotted in there on a few occasions and done good and then use Faria at CB as he seems to be a great prospect and has been good when used. Are you using the latest patch Gordon? As for strikers, if i do get Altidore then I will be pretty good in that department, plus I have a lot of young strikers coming through. Yeh I will try Zarate but again Lazio are wanting him so im not sure. How much transfer money did you guys get in the championship then? I was hoping for about that or maybe a wee bit more but its all good.

Originally posted by weebob88:

As for Lomski on the latest patch on mine anyways he is really quite poor, if its patrik lomski from the finish club that both aaritalo and the keeper come from? Im sure his PA was about 100 max. I could use huntington at LB, he has slotted in there on a few occasions and done good and then use Faria at CB as he seems to be a great prospect and has been good when used. Are you using the latest patch Gordon? As for strikers, if i do get Altidore then I will be pretty good in that department, plus I have a lot of young strikers coming through. Yeh I will try Zarate but again Lazio are wanting him so im not sure. How much transfer money did you guys get in the championship then? I was hoping for about that or maybe a wee bit more but its all good.

I am using the latest patch (8.0.2), and Lomski originally came over from Turun Palloseura on a free transfer. He scored 7 goals in 18 games in L1, 13 in 42 apps in the Championship (wih 13 assists) and so far has 6 goals in 12 apps in the PRM. Using Mini-SE, he has a CA of 132 and a PA of 175. I have trained him up so he is accomplished in AML, AMC and AMR, and natural in FC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, great thread-I've found quite a lot of advice. I've just started my second season with Leeds after infuriatingly missing out on a play-off place last season by....15 points!

My team is quite strong, although it definitely hindered by a lack of full backs:

GK: Lehtovaara/Martin

Defenders: Hughes, Butler, Huntingdon, Makinen, Pearce*, Heath

MC: Li Tie, Ivan Campo, Piatti, Howson

Wingers: Kyel Reid*, Da Costa, Kalouda, Mikoliunas

Strikers: Stancu, Kostandinov, Constantine, Kandol

*means that the player is on loan.

I'm at the end of October, and I still have £1.4 million to spend. Any suggestions for the January Transfer Window?

A quick update:

I got promoted at the first time of asking! I beat Southampton and Portsomouth to win the Championship by a single point! Now I'm in the Premiership and have spent quite a fair chunk on some players who could really go either way.

Kameni-£7 million from Espanyol

Leroy Lita-£9.8 million from Liverpool

Havard Nordveidt-£2.5 million from Arsenal

Billy Jones-£3 million from Sheff Utd (last season)

Kennedy Bakircioglu-£950k from Ajax (mostly for the memories :D )

Ivan Helguera- Free Transfer

Oleguer-Free Transfer

Lee Martin-Free Transfer

Juan Valera-Free Transfer

However, I had to lose Pablo Piatti on a Free Transfer which was gutting. He scored 17 and assisted another 15 during my march towards to title, but he wouldn't sign a new contract no matter what I offered him. So, he's gone to Sampdoria :(

I'm hoping Dalla Valle is ready to step up to the plate. He made some encouraging strides last season, scoring 6 and assisting 8 from all over midfield. Do you guys think he is ready?

My Team will line up like this:

GK: Kameni

DR: Valera

DL: Jones

DC: Oleguer

DC: Nordveidt

DMC: Helguera

MR Bakircioglu/Kalouda (if I can get the best out of Kalouda he'll start)

ML: Martin/Da Costa

AMC: Dalla Valle

FC: Lita

FC: Stancu/Kostadinov

Three games into the seasons and I've got 2 points thanks to draws at home to Tottenham and away to Sunderland. Man Utd whipped me 3-1 after I took a first minute lead.

I think its gonna be a long hard season, and I may come to regret telling the board that we would definately avoid relegation!

F**********************************K!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna get sacked pretty soon. 10 league games, no wins and 2 draws. Please someone help! I've still got the same team as above with around £4 million to play with. HELP!!!!

Not been on here for a while so sorry for delayed reply to your previous posting.

The side isn't as bad as the results.

However, still got the £4M? I'm a bit biased towards South American players as I like the (silly?) idea of packing out the Leeds team with Latin talent.

So:

Get Luis Jimenez as your AMC. Buy Mauro Zarate to play up front with Stancu. Buy Buonanotte/Bernardo (Cruzeiro) if they are still available. Buy Gioda to shore up defence. Check what price Civelli/Mihelic/Barengrub are going for.

You will need to raise some extra cash. So consider selling:

Lita

Oleguer

Helguerer (good but old).

Let me know how you get on?

I am new here, used to play FM 2007 but have not played it for a while so thought I would give it another go.

I am using update 8.0.2 and would like some help as to what tactics/training schedules etc to use for the first season with Leeds.

Also who are the recommended players to sign etc, can anyone help me with this as I am gaving difficulties with the current game I am playing.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi!

In terms of tactics I use Zagallo's tactics, but Kimz is currently very popular.

I like hunting out South American players and all of the players below have an EU passport. These are are players I have had success with and all are way good enough for League 1 (load Argentinian and Brazilian leagues as well as the others indicated), many are available on a free transfer:

GK Kotenko, Jourdren, Pablo Migliore

FBR Arthur Sorin, Lustig, Kaebi, Enrique Ortiz

FBL Jorge Rojas, Luciano Civelli, Hernan Matiuzzo, Armin Bacinovic, Cristian Fernandez

DC Alo Barengrub, Fernando Casartelli, Leondra Gioda, Cristiano, Ronald Arana (Bolivian database), Vagner Leonardelli

WGL Mihelic, Maciel

WGR Kalouda (he'll come for big money), Ramon, Francisco Sanchez

MC Cocito, Walker, Mea Vitali, Diego Buonanote, Taianan

ST Jose Luis Palanda, Rok Kronaveter (Slovenian database), Ganea, Alex Fernandez(Spain database), Stancu, Pablo Mazza, Dion Esajas (Holland database)

If you have any cash left (and you will need to sell everybody to raise as much cash as you can) then look at "young guns" like sabrin Sburlea, Andrei Ionescu, Fernando Guerrero (Ecuadorian EU passport).

Good luck and let me know if I can help further - off to the gym now.

Remembered a few more:

Nicolas Raimondi. Uruguayan (you'll need Uruguay loaded) ST with Italian nationality. 6"5' target man. £100k or so from Avai/Brasil de Pelotas (not sure which of these he starts at). He'll score for fun for you.

Cristian Rami. Argentinian ST with Italian nationality. Amazing stats for £26k (haggle on the price). He's at Tiro Federal and you might have to wait until January transfer window before he will sign. Worth saving £26k for.

Nicolas Mazzola. Argentinian ST with Italian nationality. He has random stats and sometimes can be really good. He's a strange one to buy as Independiente sometimes ask for sell on fees. However, can be bought for £5k. Due to loan can not sign until the end of the January transfer window. So keep an eye on him and periodically bid for him until you get him at a price that you are happy with.

Additionally, if you load the Venezuelan database (you may need this for Mea Vitali who is class and a must buy free signing as he is good enough for the Pemiership) there are several 30+ former internationals who get work permits and are available on frees.

Well my big recommendation for anyone starting a Leeds game is too sign Kaimar Saag, because he turned out bloody brilliant for me. Sorry if everyone already knows about him but i've not seen him mentioned much.

Cost me 100K in second season, scored 49 goals in 55 apps.

Premiership Years

09-10 - 34 league goals, 40 total goals, 22 Assists

10-11 - 20 league goals, 40 total goals, 14 Assists

Not bad for 100K, deffo worth a look at for helping get you to the premiership.

2625blv.png

picture1av7.jpg

Well im a leeds fan and have started many times with them but i saw this thread and decided to starting again using some of the players that are mentioned and trying different formations. In the first season i went up through the play offs and am currently a third of the way through the championship and lie in 5th position. Alot of the recommended players are worth there weight in gold and there values go through the roof with alot of premiership clubs bidding for them. E.g Piatti who is a legend!

Well heres a screenshot of my team in the championship:

my.php?image=leedsteamme4.png

Just a tip if your starting out Casper Ankergren is fine for league 1 but buy a new keeper as soon as you get promoted as he lets in quite a few goals in the championship :p

Third season going into the Championship now.

Signed Buonanotte and Aquino. Does anbody know if Eggert Jonsson is worth the buy at this level and will he become a great player in the future?

Jorge Rojas

Bacinovic (Must Buy)

Adrian Hora

Doriann Andronic

Sashi Chalwe

Jan Polak (Must Buy)

Nengomashe

Damien Le Tallec (Must Buy)

Kaimar Saag (Must Buy)

Marvin Angulo (Must Buy)

Dalla Valle (Must Buy)

Christian Sarghi

Andrei Ionescu

Several of the above will still be in your squad when you're in the Premiership. Others will be great as your current level. Have a scroll through this thread aswell, you will find many more great cheap players. :)

My best save so far. Season 2009/2010 in the Prem, my starting XI is:

gk: Joao Carlos

dl: Guilherme

dc: Håvard Nordtveit

dc: Marek Suchy

dr: Cristian Ansaldi

mc/dmc: Rafael Carioca

mc/dmc: Distel Zola

amc: Douglas

amc: Paulo Henrique

amc: Marko Marin

fc: Henri Saivet

I was in 2nd place around December, but have dropped to 5th. My best Leeds save by far. I have pretty much replaced the team upon both promotions.

Click Manager option, look under board request; there are two relevant options for Club affiliations. These are;

Request Parent Club (as Leeds you will usually be offered a Premiership club), and;

Request Feeder Club (you are usually offered a BSP team like Halifax and the work permit option is available January transfer window).

Click Manager option, look under board request; there are two relevant options for Club affiliations. These are;

Request Parent Club (as Leeds you will usually be offered a Premiership club), and;

Request Feeder Club (you are usually offered a BSP team like Halifax and the work permit option is available January transfer window).

What clubs do you typically get offered? I only tried this option once and I got the choice between Newcastle and Manchester City. I chose City and most players they sent me were crap, but I got this striker Caicedo who was top quality. I'd sure like to get Arsenal, could I do something to make that happen?

What clubs do you typically get offered? I only tried this option once and I got the choice between Newcastle and Manchester City. I chose City and most players they sent me were crap, but I got this striker Caicedo who was top quality. I'd sure like to get Arsenal, could I do something to make that happen?

I guess because of geographical proximity, you tend to be offered "Northern clubs"; as Leeds I tend to be offered Man City, Newcastle and Liverpool (all good players already on loan!). I'm not an expert, but I don't think that you can make this happen. The only possible way that I can think of is to keep starting a new game until Arsenal come up! Not sure I'd want to do this though?

Have you found anymore quality players?

Archived