Year Founded - 1919

Status - Professional

Reputation - National

Chairman Status - Enjoying Life At The Club

Favoured Personnel - Peter Lorimer, Dominic Matteo

Fierce Rivals - Man Utd

Other Rivals - Chelsea, Sheff Utd, Cardiff

Finances - Ok

Estimated Value - £7.5m (loan Debt: £2.2m)

Stadium - Elland Road, Leeds

Stadium Capacity - 40242 All Seater With Under Soil Heating

Pitch Dimensions - Length: 105m, Width: 65m

Maximum Pitch Dimensions - Length:117m, Width: 69m

Training Facilities - Top Training Facilities

Youth Facilities - Good Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

Continental Competition - None

Media Prediction - 5th

Squad Average Age - 25

Squad Personality - Fairly Professional

Captain - Alan Thompson

Staff

Chairman - Ken Bates

Ass Man - Gustavo Poyet

Confidence

Board Wants To Win Coca-Cola Championship By End Of 3-Year Plan

Board Wants Promotion From League 1 This Season

4th Round Of FA Cup

3rd Round Of League Cup

Win Johnstones Paint Trophy

First Team Players

GK - Casper Ankergren

GK - David Lucas

GK - Alan Martin

DR - Frazer Richardson

DR/MRC - Andy Hughes

DL - Ben Parker

DC - Matt Heath

DC - Paul Huntington

DC - Rui Marques

DM - Shaun Derry

MRC - David Prutton

MC - Jonathan Douglas

AMLC - Filipe Da Costa

AMLC - Alan Thompson

AMC - Jonny Howson

ST - Jermaine Beckford

ST - Leon Constantine

ST - Tore Andre Flo

ST - Tresor Kanol

Best Defender - Paul Huntington

Best Midfielder - Alan Thompson

Best Attacker - Leon Constantine

Can You Bring Leeds Back To There Former Glory?

Have Fun And Good luck!!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started with Leeds, as I always do, seems like its going to be more difficult than previous seasons with the -15 point start, but im gonna give it a go!

First things first, Looking at the squad, I need a new left back ASAP, wheres Clapham, not at Leeds, I have no wages to offer to new players, so here were my first transfers in and out.....

PLAYERS IN

Christian Kalvenes LB Dundee Utd 250k

Ryan McGowan DC/DM Hearts 250k

PLAYERS OUT

Charlie Hutton FREE

Sam Tuttnott FREE

Jason Mycoe FREE

David Lucas Mutual Termination

Ian Westlake Darlington 100K

Friendly Results

Reading at home, lost 0-5 oh dear.

Livingston away, won 3-2 slightly better, but its only Livingston, Flo, Constantine and Beckford scoring

Portadown away, 2-2 draw, poor performance, deserved to lose, need a bit more quality in the side, Beckford (2)

Leicester at home, 1-1 draw, better performance, Marques scoring

Sligo Rovers (who?) away, lost 1-4, OMG what happened, lost the plot. Constantine scoring the concellation

Bohemians away, lost 2-0, is this going to be a long season??, performances like this it will be.

Even though my friendlys weren't the best results, I learn my defence couldn't cope with fast strikers and needed to mark tight, also a few players wernt up to first team, Westlake had nightmare after nightmare in the middle, he had to go. No more players in, for the first game of the season.

Millwall vs Leeds (New Den)

Starting 11

Casper Ankergren GK

Christian Kalvenes LB

Andy Hughes RB

Matt Heath CB

Paul Huntington CB

David Prutton CM

Alan Thompson CM

Seb Carole RM

Filipe Da Costa LM

Tore Andre Flo ST

Jermaine Beckford ST

Final Score Millwall 2 vs 3 Leeds

Played really well for 70 minutes, went 2-0 up in that time, with Beckord and Flo scoring the goals, Millwall came back, dodgy defending from Leeds 71st and 85th minutes Millwall scored too make it 2-2, then a corner in the 89th minute, and Seb Carole popped up with a glancing header to find the corner, Leeds fans went mad, but then were treated to 5 injury time minutes of corner after corner, shot after shot, Leeds hung on, and where now down to -12 points in the league.

League Cup Round 1

Bury vs Leeds (Gigg Lane)

Starting 11

Casper Ankergren GK

Christian Kalvenes LB

Frazor Richardson RB

Matt Heath CB

Rui Marques CB

Ryan McGowan CM

Alan Thompson CM

Seb Carole RM

Filipe Da Costa LM

Leon Constantine ST

Jermaine Beckford ST

Final Score

Bury 0 vs 1 Leeds

Played Bury off the park, only managing 1 goal though, Carole got injured in the 17th minute, I didn't have a natural right winger on the bench, so on came youngster Gavin Rothery, making his debut, and also scoriing the winner in the 25th minute and picking up the man of the match award, Bury managed 2 shots on target and never troubled me, into the 2nd round we go....

Will continue postiing soon.

continued........

A good start from Leeds, 2 wins out of 2, still in the league cup, would this continue against Swindon,

League 2 Game 2

Swindon vs Leeds (County Ground)

Starting 11

Casper Ankergren GK

Christian Kalvenes LB

Andy Hughes RB

Matt Heath CB

Paul Huntington CB

David Prutton RM

Alan Thompson CM

Jonathon Douglas CM

Filipe Da Costa LM

Leon Constantine ST

Jermaine Beckford ST

Final Score

Swindon 2 vs 1 Leeds.

Douglas came in for Seb Carole to play in the centre with Prutton playing out wide on the right, a vey disapointing afternoon from most players, didn't get in the match at all, Swindon pressed and pressed and broke the deadloack on the 29th minute, Billy Paynter with a tidy finish from 12 yards. Gavin Rothery came on in the 42 minute for the injured Da Costa and almost immediatley played a through ball to Beckford who made no mistake in the last minute of injury time to make it 1-1. In the second half Swindon was again the better team, a cross from the left in the 67th minute fell to Paynter who again punished the slack defending of Leeds. A deseved victory for Swindon.

TRANSFERS

Players In

John Paul Kissock Season loan Everton

Darryl Murphy £325k Sunderland

Chris Kamdjo £20k Reading

Players Out

None

League One Game 3

Leeds vs Northampton (Elland Road)

Casper Ankergren GK

Christian Kalvenes LB

Andy Hughes RB

Matt Heath CB

Paul Huntington CB

David Prutton CM

Alan Thompson CM

John Paul Kissock RM

Filipe Da Costa LM

Leon Constantine ST

Jermaine Beckford ST

Final Score

Leeds United 2 vs 0 Northampton

An excellent performance, especially from new signing Kissock, a mazy run down the right, and great cross left Constantine unmarked at the back post to make it 1-0 in the 36th minute. Another injury for the Leeds squad when Prutton was stretchered off with a suspected broken leg, (later confirmed), who was replaced by Gavin Rothery. On the 74th minute the victory was confirmed when Kissock took the ball down the right, cut inside and fired an unstopple right footer in the bottom corner, MOM performance from Kissock on his Leeds debut. An easy 3 points really, Northampton never really got into the game at all. -9 points now.

League Cup Round 2

Watford vs Leeds (Vicaridge Road)

Casper Ankergren GK

Christian Kalvenes LB

Andy Hughes RB

Matt Heath CB

Paul Huntington CB

Curtis Weston RM

Alan Thompson CM

Ryan McGowan CM

Filipe Da Costa LM

Darryl Murphy ST

Leon Constantine ST

Final Score

Watford 4 -1 Leeds

One word, DISASTER. hammered from 1st to last minute. A goal from Consantine in the 45th minute made it 2-1 (Clarke and King) and the another 2 from King for his hat-trick made it 4, should have been more, defnce was well and truly run ragged, they need some help from a DM, when is Derry back???? Hope I can get a run going in the league now.

Originally posted by soldierblue123:

Pablo Piati is listed as "definate purchase" by my scouts. But in my game Deportivo want 525k for him.

ah you were too slow, you get him from estudianas or whatever its called for like 50k and as long as you make him a key player and give him the top budget he should go to you. He chose me over deportivo, bolton and getafe.

Some more results for you...

I cant remember how i performed and how the goals went in as it was at weekend when i played the games,

Here are my recent results.....

Leeds 2 vs 1 Carlisle (League match 4)

Goals

Constantine(L)

Garner©

Thompson (L) (mom)

s/o Anranalde (carlisle)

Good result, now on -6 icon_biggrin.gif

Leeds 3 vs 1 Port Vale (Elland Road) JPT

Scorers

Heath (L)

Kissock (L)

Murphy (L)

Donelly (M)

Richardson (L) (mom)

Leeds 1 vs 0 Port Vale League match 5

Scorers

Murphy (L) (mom)

Just 3 more points to zero woohooooooo

I cannot believe the next game

Leeds 3 vs 3 Cheltenham (elland Road)

Scorers

Beckford (L)

Finighan og (L)

Constantine (L)

Spencer ©

Spencer ©

Gillespie ©

Last minute equalizer from Gillespie, after being 3-0 up at half time,

Bristol 1 vs 2 Leeds Memorial Stadium

Scorers

Walker (B)

Beckford (L)

Constantine (L)

s/o

Anthony (B)

There we go, took me 7 games get to 1 point, things are looking ok, i would have settled for that at beginning of season irl aswell as on fm,

Beckford and Constantine seem to be playing well at the moment, Kandol is on the transfer list, doesn't seem to be good enough on the game, with Darryl Murphy signing aswell his chances are going to be even more limited, JP Kissock on loan from Everton has been quality in the absence of Seb Carole who is struggling to get his place back in the team. And after a dodgy start from Richardson, which left him dropped in place of Andy Hughes, he has retained his place in the starting XI and is putting in some impressive performances.

too be continued MOT

Some more results for you...

I cant remember how i performed and how the goals went in as it was at weekend when i played the games,

Here are my recent results.....

Leeds 2 vs 1 Carlisle (League match 4)

Goals

Constantine(L)

Garner©

Thompson (L) (mom)

s/o Anranalde (carlisle)

Good result, now on -6

Leeds 3 vs 1 Mansfield (Elland Road) JPT

Scorers

Heath (L)

Kissock (L)

Murphy (L)

Donelly (M)

Richardson (L) (mom)

Leeds 1 vs 0 Port Vale League match 5

Scorers

Murphy (L) (mom)

Just 3 more points to zero woohooooooo

I cannot believe the next game

Leeds 3 vs 3 Cheltenham (elland Road)

Scorers

Beckford (L)

Finighan og (L)

Constantine (L)

Spencer ©

Spencer ©

Gillespie ©

Last minute equalizer from Gillespie, after being 3-0 up at half time,

Bristol 1 vs 2 Leeds Memorial Stadium

Scorers

Walker (B)

Beckford (L)

Constantine (L)

s/o

Anthony (B)

There we go, took me 7 games get to 1 point, things are looking ok, i would have settled for that at beginning of season irl aswell as on fm,

Beckford and Constantine seem to be playing well at the moment, Kandol is on the transfer list, doesn't seem to be good enough on the game, with Darryl Murphy signing aswell his chances are going to be even more limited, JP Kissock on loan from Everton has been quality in the absence of Seb Carole who is struggling to get his place back in the team. And after a dodgy start from Richardson, which left him dropped in place of Andy Hughes, he has retained his place in the starting XI and is putting in some impressive performances.

too be continued MOT

Had to edit, as I played Mansfield in the JPT not Port Vale

1.3m if you say you can get promotion, profit seems to go up quick aswell

The only problem is the wage budget stops you from signing players. I got piatti and torje but then the board limited how much i could offer for wages which stopped me buying anyone else.

22 games in and am finnaly top of the league only lost one game so far am really buzzin heres my team

GK: Casper (dun excellent for me)

RB: Frazer (really stepped up to plate this yr)

LB: Kalvenes (has really cum gud after poor start)

CB: Huntington (one of my players of season)

CB: Mcgowan (qaulity signing)

RM: Carole (very mixed seasons keeps dipping in and out of form)

LM: Da Costa (agian another candidate 4 player of season)

CM: Stevenson (quality signing probs best signing)

CM: thommo/howson (been hard to choose between as both performed well wen played)

FC: Constantine (one word fantastic played 13 9 goals great target man)

FC: Benjelloun (been gud signing formed gud partnership with constantine)

SUBS

1: Martin

2: Parker

3: Thommo/howson (depends on who starts)

4: Piatti (normally cums on at half time and normally bags a goal quality signing)

5: Hughes

22 games in and am finnaly top of the league only lost one game so far am really buzzin heres my team

Any chance you could post your tactics?

Top of the league in my game after 22 games had 44 points which meant I would need to have won 20 matches to be top!!

Damn I suck at this game icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by bjs15:

GK: Casper (dun excellent for me)

RB: Frazer (really stepped up to plate this yr)

LB: Kalvenes (has really cum gud after poor start)

CB: Huntington (one of my players of season)

CB: Mcgowan (qaulity signing)

RM: Carole (very mixed seasons keeps dipping in and out of form)

LM: Da Costa (agian another candidate 4 player of season)

CM: Stevenson (quality signing probs best signing)

CM: thommo/howson (been hard to choose between as both performed well wen played)

FC: Constantine (one word fantastic played 13 9 goals great target man)

FC: Benjelloun (been gud signing formed gud partnership with constantine)

SUBS

1: Martin

2: Parker

3: Thommo/howson (depends on who starts)

4: Piatti (normally cums on at half time and normally bags a goal quality signing)

5: Hughes

What contract did you offer Stevenson her never ever accepts to sign for me icon_frown.gif

Casper Ankergren to me is a load of crap.

My first game of the season vs Millwall all he did was stand in the middle of his goals doing nothing. When the ball was passed back to clear he would kick in like 5 yards. The final score was 4-3 to me (no thanks to him he was subbed after 45mins) all 3 goals conceeded by him and all were easy to deal with. The worst came from a free kick, it got to the head of Fryatt who put no power in his shot at all, the ball even bounce off the ground he didnt even flinch he stayed still and watched it fly past icon_frown.gif

I need a new keeper any recommendations?

I started as leeds about a hour ago and its fun, first game 3-2 against millwall 1-0 down, won 2-1, beckford and howson, LC 2nd round won on pens after a borin9 nil-niler, 3nd game 3-3 against swindon, beckford 2 and da costa from 25 yards, 4th game 2-0 cant remember who against icon_confused.gif hughes and beckford

so far i signed haynes on loan and kinton from Leicester

Originally posted by jonahno6:

I started as leeds about a hour ago and its fun, first game 2-1 against millwall 1-0 down, won 2-1, beckford and howson, LC 2nd round won on pens after a boring nil-niler, 3nd game 3-3 against swindon, beckford 2 and da costa from 25 yards, 4th game 2-0 cant remember who against icon_confused.gif hughes and beckford

so far i signed haynes on loan and kinton from Leicester

My biggest problem is lack of finishing ability. Beckfords pace has been something of a godsend because Flo & Constantine are sorely lacking!!!

I've filled in the midfield, by bringing in Adel Taraabt from Spurs on a three month loan. I have Daryl Murphy coming in on the January transfer window and I bolstered the back line by bringing in Ryan McGowan. I brought in Gourlon from Middlesborough and he's done well. Very solid in the holding position in the midfield. I tried to bring in an Aussie from Brondby but he couldn't get a work permit. icon_frown.gif

What formation do you guys play? I've been using a 4-1-4-1 with farrows on the MC's, but I've recently switched to a defensive 4-4-2 (the aim of possession in mind).

quality signings for me are:

Li Tie 40k

Ronnie Wallwork 275k

Daryl Murphy 325k

Scott Goldbourn Loan

Andy Taylor Loan

Kyle Lafferty Loan

F. Da Costa whos there from the start seems to be a goal scoring machine form midfield for me!

i am buzzin have just won the league finishing 23 points clear or just 8 points if we add on the minus 15 points bring on the championship now for the real leeds to do the same

-15 who gives a duck were super leeds and were goin up

Originally posted by JamboSteven:

Casper Ankergren to me is a load of crap.

My first game of the season vs Millwall all he did was stand in the middle of his goals doing nothing. When the ball was passed back to clear he would kick in like 5 yards. The final score was 4-3 to me (no thanks to him he was subbed after 45mins) all 3 goals conceeded by him and all were easy to deal with. The worst came from a free kick, it got to the head of Fryatt who put no power in his shot at all, the ball even bounce off the ground he didnt even flinch he stayed still and watched it fly past icon_frown.gif

I need a new keeper any recommendations?

I brought in Zdravko. The fans questioned the signing (and so did the board) but he has gone on to make some immense saves. They are still sceptical, and it is largely unjustified. He's been brilliant.

How much pressure are you leeds guys getting off your chairman?

In my Swindon Game, Dennis Wise just got sacked after 20 games in, youse were about 15th, lost about 5 games... I found it a bit of a surprise

Mike Newell has taken over now haha.

First season over with leeds United.

I quickly discovered, that the team were way ahead of all the other teams, and found the -15 to be a relative easy challenge. The defence was very strong throughout the season btw.

League table: http://i21.tinypic.com/33bmt7a.png

Graph: http://i23.tinypic.com/2mwsg8g.png

Johnstone's Paint Trophy win: http://i20.tinypic.com/2a7sgt4.png

Topscorer with 29 goals: http://i24.tinypic.com/2uz5ldt.png

Archived