FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

Originally posted by lufc22:

what tactics do you play? i cant get going icon_confused.gif

I played a 4-4-2 with offensive wingers and fast strikers that were good on counters. I didn't really play that offensive, the defence allowed me to not care that much about offense.

Before the firs season I've made the following transfers:

http://i20.tinypic.com/2ciagki.png

Really happy with Nordtveit and Fraizer Campbell going in, also Hart has so far proved to be a good investment.

The preferred starting 11 this season so far:

http://i21.tinypic.com/18gq6t.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by bjs15:

how did you manage to spend 3.4 million on transfers i only got like 1.8 million

Those transfers are for the second season icon_wink.gif

First season I only spent 45k£ on Yorke and 34k£ on Mohammed Camara.

I got a 3.8m£ transfer budget in the second season where I bought the players from the former post.

also have just started my second season with leeds and am in championship and was only given 500k to spend i was wondering how i could improve my team

Gk: Martin

Rb: kerrea gilbert

CB: Huntington

CB: Mcgowan

Lb: billy jones/Martin Olsson

RM: Carole

CM: Stevenson

CM: Da costa

LM: Pedro

FC: Piatti

FC: Constatine

Originally posted by bjs15:

also have just started my second season with leeds and am in championship and was only given 500k to spend i was wondering how i could improve my team

Gk: Martin

Rb: kerrea gilbert

CB: Huntington

CB: Mcgowan

Lb: billy jones/Martin Olsson

RM: Carole

CM: Stevenson

CM: Da costa

LM: Pedro

FC: Piatti

FC: Constatine

id look to replace constantine mate, have you sold beckford?

First attempt on 08 and just finished my friendlys!!

Ins:

Jason marr Free

Malcom Christie Free

Sam Williamson 10K

Ronnie Wallwork 120K

Cant seem to get rid of any players tho..

won all 5 friendlys without a convincing performance tho.. so i`ll update mid season icon_biggrin.gif

halfway through the first season and if it wasn't for the 15pt deduction i would be a confortable 2nd in the league. haven't brought in that many players, just these guys;

david lilley

keiran mckenna

per weirauch

danny invincible

paul wotton

they seem to be doing the business so i wont complain. i really need a left sided player though. i have zero budget left as i had to bring in some new staff which zapped my funds

i dunno how you guys do it. I started well with 8 wins in 12 but the team disintegrates and come december i get sacked.

I'm unsure of what type of passing to use and for which players? ie should strikers use short passing and midfielders direct?

I am mates wid Ryan McGowan, I played with him 2 seasons ago, with S.A.S.I in Adelaide, Australia.

He is absolute class.

Try Rocky Visconte aswell, who is at Hearts.

Left Winger,

Hearts have stated he is the best Left footed player to ever go through the Hearts academy, Currently 17 years old.

Class act.

thought id try leeds as i got sacked from my last job.

Well i brought in andy taylor, mike mcglinchey, john ruddy, and jack pelter on loan.

And i also have signed jordy brouwer striker, Jamie murphy striker, jaime peters amr/l, kevin phillips striker, Chris makin full back and neil mccann aml/c

i also sold/released westlake, kandol, parker and kandol.

after 8 matches ive won 4 drawn 3 lost 1

my line up is

ankergen

Makin pelter huntington taylor

carole douglas mcglinchley

Thompson/da costa

phillips brouwer

Peters will replace carole once fit

and am looking looking for someone to replace douglas in centre of midfield.

I have forward arrows on my left midfielder and right midfielder as well as the attacking midfielder with the centre midfield being more defensive.

I managed to come 4th in my first season signed Pablo Piatti

Jack Hobbs on loan

Danny Haynes

I beat Hartlpool 3-2 in the playoff final

Im 6 games into the second season got a few players on free transfers and im currently first and Haynes cant stop scoringalso picked up mikoliunas on a free plays really well and pablo piatti is an amazing signing as its already been pointed out on other threads playing a 4-3-3 but im switchingtactics and instructions alot and seems to be working so far. If i do go up though i will struggle as my squad has no quality subs.

Visconte

Inagacio Gonzalez - free - rated by scouts as 'would be a good premiership' player..top stats

Kostadinov from Hearts - Goalscoring machine...seriously. Blackburn, Spurs and Arsenal tried beating me to him...had to offer 5k a week to net him

Ronald Raldes - cheap excellent DF

Oscar Carmelo Sanchez - £12k leading DF

icon_biggrin.gif Finally in the premiership went straight into championship and then straight into the playoffs and beat Crystal Palace in the final.

There were some key players for me who i recommend:

Marvin Williams

Myrie-Williams

Damion Stewart

Pat Kanyuka

Here some screens of my team and transfers from the last 3 seasons

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff171/liamshannon/Transfers.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff171/liamshannon/Transfers2.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff171/liamshannon/Transfers3.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff171/liamshannon/Squad.jpg

If you have any questions and stuff just ask icon14.gif

21st of august with Leeds won my first two League games and into 2nd round of the cup. I have kept all the team and not yet got rid of anyone and made 6 signings

Garrido D L/R - Free

Tellez D C - Free

Chris James M LRC - Free

Matt Jansen AM/F LC - Free

Dwight Yorke AM/F C - 120K

Darren Kenton D RLC - 80K

I have also been using Westlake he is a good player

Leeds United 08/09 Coca Cola Championship

After being busy lately I finally finished the second season. It all ended up with a place in the middle of the table (8th) which is fine and the boards plus fans where happy.

League Table

Graph

Topscorer Fraizer Campbell

Jonny Howson was a pleasant surprise this season btw. really did good on the central midfield this year, good young lad.

Hi guys, I got FM2008 the other day and have started a game as Leeds. I'm determined to take us all the way back to the Premiership!

I haven't had much chance to play yet, I've played 5 league games, winning 4 and losing 1, been knocked out of the league cup by Manchester City (last minute goal) and am in the 2nd round of the Johnstone Paint Trophy. I'm satisfied with the team's performance so far and hope to keep it up.

I've started a season with Leeds & finding it tough.

Currently 17th at the start of december would be 2nd 3 points behind Forest if it wasn't for the 15 point deduction.

Any pointers on who I should sign in January, and any good staff apointments.

Currently only signed Danny Haynes & Tojre.

Hey, ive started with leeds and im around Febuary now. After a dodgy start we're back...winning 8 games in a row and a nice unbeaten run has put me into the play off positions, currently...13 points swansea who are top.

Players In

Hardvert Nordtveit - Loan

Adel Taarbt - Loan

Kasper Hamalainen - 160k

Scot Goulbourne - Loan

Luke Steele - Loan (terminated in January)

James Troisi - Loan

Marvin Williams - 425k

Nordtveit and Hamalainen have been amazing...Hamalainen getting 19 ASSISTS!!!

Marvin williams is doing well, bought on the cheap considering he had 26 goals in 23 games for yeovil when i bought him, now 5 in 9 for me.

Players Out

WestLake - 120k

Jonathan Douglas - 200k

Kandol - Given mutual termination as he moaned to much never preformed for me.

Starting line up is

GK : Casper Ankgerken

DR : Richardson

DL : Goulbourne

DC : Hungtinton

DC : Nordtveit

MR : Hamalainen

ML : Alan Thompson

MC : Flipe Da Costa

MC : Hughes/Bayley/Taarbt

FC : Williams

FC : Beckford

I still have 1.3mil in the bank...any suggestions on who to buy..want to use the cash before the end of the season..so it dosnt go to waste =]

So far so good, Happy with the signings , Hoping to get a new Keeper and Left back on loan.

Ins:

Danny Haynes ( Loan )

Steve Marlet ( Free )

Oliver Tebily ( 120k )

Outs:

None

Results:

Southampton 3 - 1 Leeds

Queeen Of Sth 2 - 2 Leeds ( Haynes scored 2 on debut )

Not too worried about the results, Its only freindly's and my team were unfit and under a new tactic.

i have just been promoted to prem and am wondering what to set the target at if i put it as to atempt to avoid relegation i will get 17mill and 300k wage or do i choose a higher target probably not achieve it but have a bigger budget

I have made a big list of youngsters (16-21) that MIGHT be interested in joining Leeds. I have done this because I will be starting a game as them tonight and thourght I may aswell help you guys too. There are a few that I couldnt remember so I have just put a part of the name.

So here it is (bare in mind I play with a Huge DB):

Zsolt Hamasi

Jacob Albrechtsen

Armin Bacinovic

Dejan Lazarevic

Fredrik Norberg

Albin Ekdahl

Alexandre Pasche

Ole Söderberg

Pontus Jansson

Michael Jidsjö

Jiloan Hamad

Kevin Walker

Barry Maguire

Christian Brix

Mateusz Zyla

Armin Bacinovic

Anders Jacobsen

Harmeth Singh

Michal Kowbel

Vedran Vinko

Vázquez Aira

Jesper Juelsgård

Magnus Troest

Alain Pierre Baclet

Balázs Dzsudzsák

Kjartan Henry Finnbogason

Luca Franceschelli

Federico Piovesan

Antonio Laurendi

Daniel Fredheim Holm

Rene Mihelic

Nejc Pecnik

Tim Matavz

Emil Salomonsson

Joakim Persson

Robin Nylen

Par Hansson

Arthur Sorin

Frank Dja Djédjé

Henning Hauger

Ola Toivonen

Viktor Elm

Anthony Scribe

Geoffrey Jourdren

Pablo Piatti

Torje

Niklas Barkroth

Cardenas

Kasper Hamalainen

Loic Damour

Nacer Barazite

Doudin

P cz

Dall vall

Hoilland

James mccarthy

Kostadinov

O toole

Stenild

Mravec

Mik aa

Rang Shawkat

icon_smile.gif

OK, I've started the game and these are the players that are intested in joining.... none.

Only joking icon_wink.gif

736699untitled2.jpg

Most of these are well known on the forums but Kjartan Henry Finnbogason looks awsome for league 1 and on a free... and 20!!!

Forgive me if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

I'm playing as Leeds (not a fan, but have loads of mates who are), and thought it would be a challenge.

Started ok, and after about 12 games I'm on +8 points and about 18th in table. Should I wait for the patch before continuing, as I've read the board AI don't appreciate the -15 points, and so look at league table, see you near the bottom, and sack you.

Carry on, or wait?

just carry on, if you get caught up in a bad string of results then things could go down the hole...i was facing the sack....but got myself out and happened to get promoted =]

all the expectations are annoying...the league predict you 5th ...then the board expect you to win it...and indeed dont take that hefty -15points into account.

Promoted =]

I tracked down Yeovil's 10 point gap between me, in just 6 games...playing most of the bottom half helped icon_smile.gif

transfers in: A transfer budget of just 210k meant free transfers were going to be priceless =]

Frazier Campbell : Free

Anthony Le Tallec : Free

Vincent Van Den Berg : Free

Steven Carr : Free

Peter Ramage : Free

Vito Mannone : Free

Alex : 1.3mil : Dubbed to be next Ronaldiniho icon_smile.gif

Scott Golbourne : Loan

James Troisi : Loan

Players Out:

I offered alot of players mutual consent and they agreed, as the wage budget was going up from the free transfers..

Leon Constantine : 100k

David Prutton : 100k

Predicted to finish 13th...=] but dont want that do we now

I am in the Championship with Leeds, but slipped out of the top six because I can't seem to put the ball in the back of the net.

Doudin could not hit a barn door, and Beckford is want-away. It also seems that Championship teams score every chance they get, so it looks like I need to shore up my defence.

Any suggestions for a striker, central defender for about 350K?

On my nottm forest season they definetly didn't get a promotion.

Hammered them 6-2 at elland road to send them to league 2. they finished bottom.

so it's pretty easy to be betetr than D Wise icon_wink.gif

Good luck to anyone attempting this, i'm too busy trying to get forest into top half championship in 2nd season to give it a go

FM2008 must have heard my cries of dismay, because after my horrible slump in form I clocked win after win and won the Championship by a point! Derby came second, and on the second last match day I soundly beat them (away) 2-0. Ha-ha! Precious £23m purse to avoid the Premiership brush, so I brought in Harewood (£120K), Cuthbert (mint Scot defender from Man C, DRC - £4.4m), Stevenson, Nortveid (Arsenal), Per Ciljian from Rosenborg, N'Zogbia from Newcastle (Reserves, got him for £2m) and Bouzanis from beloved L'pool (woe is us after this weeks performance icon_frown.gif).

Hopefully I can stay lower-to-mid table!

Hopefully I haven't committed to the same mistakes that sent Leeds Utd packing in the first instance icon_wink.gif

Archived