FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

Hey Guys,

bjs15 I took ur advice and went with the default 4-4-2 attacking tactic and here is how i have got on in my first 10 games.

P 10 W 8 D 0 L 2

two games I lost one was to Villa in LC so really expected to lose that and other was to swansea who i should've beaten.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished my first season with Leeds. Finished 4th and got promoted thru the play-offs, beating Walsall in the final with a 120th minute winner from Tom Elliott...with his first touch of the match after coming on as a sub in the 118th minute! His first ever goal for the club too. Get in!! icon_biggrin.gif

Kevin Phillips top scorer with 24. Good contributions from Da Costa playing attacking left, and Steven Hammell at left back. Playing 4-3-3, which seems to do the trick.

Only got £500k to spend in the Championship. I've offloaded a lot of the old guard but I could do with some suggestions for a decent goalscorer now that Phillips is knocking on a bit.

Oh, and I got offered 3 pre-season friendlies: Dag & Red, Bristol Rovers, and....AC Milan!! icon_eek.gif Yeah, like that's gonna happen!

N54LVN,

A guy called Finnbogason has scored 17 goals for me so far in the championship,cant remember where I got him from but he was pretty cheap,something like 100k.I am using a large database so he may not be on your game if your using anything less.

not bad guys try this. i've played 29 won 28 (grrrrr damn chelsea). use an attacking 4-4-2 system. here's my team

mikko vilmunen

minambres-kalla-huntington-tchato

seyfo soley-rene mihelic

marlet aaritalo

christie-doudin

doudin's only in the side till i get alex in jan! christie top scorer with 18, doudin's got 12. previous striker musasa with 13

I'm using http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/9932082653 and it works really well.

Team:

Ankergren

Little Huntingdon Marques Parker

Douglas

Hamalainen Da Costa Mihlec

Haynes Aaritalo

Sold:

Matt Heath - 210K

Charlie Hutton - 4k

David Lucas - 100k

Alan Thompson - 300k

Leon Constantine - 180k

Tresor Kandol - 160k

Sam Tuttnott - 4k

Tore Andre Flo -

Andy Hughes - 500k (loads of teams were after him, which i don't get, supposedly he was my best player, evn tho hes was only worth 100k)

So with the 1.5m for sales and 1.7m (3.2m) from board, i bought

Andrej Pecnik - 40k

Lauri Dalla Valle - free + sell on

Rene Mihelic - 240k

Gabriel Torje - 35k

John Fleck - free + sell on

Jukka Lehtovaara - 4k

Tristan Plummer - 9k

Jamie Hatch - 75k

Mika Aartilo - 700k

Mark Little - 650k

Danny Haynes - 900k

Oliver Lancashire - free + sell on

Kasper Hamalainen - 210k

Jordan Parkes - free + sell on

Carlos Saez - 22k

2.9m

Trying to sign Tommy Spurr.

i am a genius i have just won the premership in the year 2013 after starting the season with high table finish i won the league on the last day by beating west brom who needed a win to stay up i managed to win 2-1 and both teams had a man sent off icon_smile.gif

Started my first gamed in FM 08 after a decade long studies lay-off. Don't know abt much of the squad but transfer listed Leo constantine and that 3rd choice GK .......... .....!Terminated all loans.

Transfers In:

Mike Aaratilo - 300K (Went for him straightaway, I was lucky coz his club rejected all other bids from clubs like Real Madrid, FC Kobenhaven, Benfica tc. and accepted mine!)

Doudin - 250K

Kosstadinov - 150K

Some GK Aaratilo recommended - 10K

Christian Kalvenes(LB) 300K or something!

Friendlies:

Leeds 3 - 0 Reading icon_confused.gif Beckford with a brace.

Leeds 2 - 2 Marseille (Good Result considering their attacking strength, was trailing 0-1 at HT, Leading 2-1 once!)

Leeds 0 - 1 Preston (Kosta played in it, others weren't fit enough, Missed too many sitters)

Harrington 0 - 2 Leeds (Supporters were angry, we didn't win by 5 0r 6 goals, Played Posessin football, Da costa scoring both the goals)

I desperately need a good CB and a RB(on loan probably). Richardson's a load of crap!

David Wheater(Boro), Jack Hobbs(Liv.) and Evans (Man Utd.) all rejected! Any suggestions???

Will keep updating...

First ever post! Am mid - way through the first season and doing ok. Surprised that Richardson is not doing well for you as a back 4 of Richardson, Huntingdon, Marques and Parker has served me pretty well, most tend to stay injury free and Heath is providing adequate cover for Marques whilst he is on international duty. The best result was beating Portsmouoth at home in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, with what can only be described as 10 behind the ball and a lucky goal. Worst defeat was losing 6 - 2 at home to Swansea, cuddly Ken was not amused. My only acquisitions have been Benjelloun and Micael Barnes from ManU, aside from that Prutton, Douglas, Da Costa and Thompson form the backbone of the midfield and Flo plays alongside one of Beckford and Benjelloun up front. Am just in the play off spots in mid-Jan, playing a 4-4-2. In the game, as in real life, League 1 is not up to much imho. However half the squad will have to go if and when we go up.

i would say more than half. i replaced almost everyone except da costa(immense!), douglas and huntington when i got promoted. The rest are backups or are gone(all the strikers!)

kostadinov is banging in the goals. 18 pace and acc and 17 finishing. cheap too. haynes first season on loan, second season sign him for free. doudin is not bad. i found a few gems in rene mihelic(captain at 18 years old as he has a high influence and determination. gabriel torge. stefen madare(sp). ruscudella(good left winger). and try to get a good parent club eg villa,newcastle etc. also cheapies like ryan mcgowan and maor bozaglo develop very well. for left back i got dan smith and right back i got olegov who is dirt cheap but does the job.

Started my first game as Leeds and going pretty well. Had a major reshuffle in regards to bringing players in, cheap and foreign was the best way with a view to selling them for bigger money later on.

Transfers In:

Bogdan Stancu - 240k

Andy Butler - 300k

Chris Lucketti - 60k

Pablo Piatti - 55k

Balazs Dzsudzsak - 140k

Mika Aaritalo - 200k

Gabriel Torje - 350k

Danny Haynes - Season Long Loan

Martin Albrechtsen - Season Long Loan

No players sold

First game of the season was against the league favourites Forest, we demolished them 5-1 with Haynes scoring 4. The winning trend carried on as we won our first 7 games to wipe out the -15 points and put us on +6, next couple of games were draws and we lost our first game to Hartlepool to end the 9 game unbeaten streak in the league. The League Cup campaign came to an end in the 2nd Round with a 2-0 loss againt Wigan. Hoping to pick back up and get a few more wins to push us up the league. Haynes the star so far with 8 in 10 with Torje leading the assists with 9 in 10. Quite confident that promotion should be easy with actually winning the league a possibility.

Just thought i would help you guys with some players who helped me to get my beloved leeds back to back promotions :-

League 1: Pablo Piatti (play in a diamond will score 20 goals, also exeptional in champ and prem)

Doudin : Good Goal scorer as tm alongside beckford

Luis Hector Cristaldo : RW old but gets plenty of assists

Molina: GK super for Lg1 and champ

Championship

Ivan Campo: rock of my midfield

Marcus Bent :top target man with beckford

Francesco Flachi : despite being a coke head he is a super sub who can play cf, Attmid and rm and score goals.

Steven Carr RB solid but slow

Seoul kihyeon soory bad spelling great on left and scores hope this will help

Well i started as Leeds at the beginning of the 2008/09 season after getting sacked by Reading icon_smile.gif well they had[ just been releagated to League 2

Tranfers In ( Before I took over)

Shaun Barker , Blackpool, 450 k , RB

Burton O'Brien , Sheff Wed , 26 k, LM

David McAuliffe, Motherwell , 3 k , LB

Transfers Out ( Before I took Over)

Rui Marques, Gillingham, 1 k

Tranfers In ( That i Signed)

Richie Jones , Man Utd , Free

Stephen Connor , Everton , Free

David Edger , Newcastel , Loan ( Newcastel Fedder )

Ifigo Idiakez , Free

Matty Pattison , Free

Paul Dickov, Free

Shane Ferguson , Newcastel , Loan

Ibrahim Tall , Hearts , Free

Saulius Mikollunas , FBK Kaunas , Free

Transfers Out ( I Sold)

Fraser Richardson , Hartlepool , Free

Ben Parker, Tranmere , Free

David Lucas , Derby , 20k

Ian Westlake, Brighton 30 k

Shaun Barker, Colchester , 150k

Squde

Casper Ankegen

Alan Martin

Matt Heath

Paul Huttington

David Edgar

Ibrahim Tall

David McAuliffe

Richie Jones

David Prutton

Alan Thompson

Saulius Mikollunas

Ifigo Idiakez

Matty Pattison

Shaun Derry

Jon Douglas

Fillpe Da Costa

Burton O'Brien

Tore Andre Flo

Paul Dickov

Jermaine Beckford

Leon Constantine

Tom Elliot

Stephen Connor

Shane Ferguson

Season so Far ...

Well i'm in febuary and i didn't really take the JPT seriously got knocked out in the 1st round by Rotherham and Got Koncked out of the Carling Cup by Port Vale in the First Round After extra time and got to the 4th of The Fa Cup and i'm 2nd in the league 5 ponits behind Bury

Ok well i decided that i need to bring leeds back to the premier league.

League 1 Summary

Captain- Alexandra Viveros

Vice Captain- Raymond Kalla

Leon Constantine was the worst player i have ever had in the whole time i have played fm. in 25 games he did not score 1 single goal all season.I signed alot of experienced players that where on free transfers.

Transfers In- Pablo Piatti,Mika Aaritalo,Leandro Gioda,Balazs Dzsudzsak,Steve Marlet,Salif Diao,Bill Tchato,Ze Elias,Matias Almeyda,Raymond Kalla,Alexandra Viveros,Benoit Leroy,James McCarthy,Dan Gosling,Aleksandrs Kolin'ko,Ignacio Gonzalez,Dwight Yorke,Patrick Berger,Danny Haynes(on loan).

Transfers Out-Casper Ankergren,Rui Marques,Andy Hughes,Ben Parker,Jonathan Douglas,Shaun Derry,Ian Westlake,Curtis Weston,David Lucas,Tresor Kandol,Sebastien Carole,Matt Heath,Frazer Richardson,Jermaine Beckford,David Prutton,Alan Thompson.

League Table-

1st- Leeds- won-38,drn-8,lst-0,for-85,ag-19,g.d-+66,pts-107

2nd- Nottom Forest-won-23,drn-17,lst-6,for-72,ag-43,g.d-+29,pts-86

6th-Crewe,won-19,drn-13,lst-14,for-59,ag-50,g.d-+9,pts-70

FA Cup- beat oldham 2-0 1st round,beat braintree 3-0 in 2nd round,beat brighton 1-0 in 3rd round,drew 1-1 with carlisle in 4th round then won 2-0 in replay,drew 1-1 with portsmouth in the 5th round (and i was playing with 10 men from the 22nd min Gioda red card) then in the replay i won 3-0 thanks to Yorke 2 goals and gonzalez,drew 3-3 with newcastle(full strength squad) in 6th round then won 5-0 in the replay but they had alot of injuries and suspensions in the replay and they went down to 10 men,then in the semi final i lost 1-0 to liverpool. had a very good run but i was happy with how we finished the comp.

League Cup- won 3-2 over preston in 2nd round,won 3-1 over wolves in 3rd round,lost in the 4th round to middlesbrough in extra time it shouldnt of been a goal eddie johnson was offside when he got the ball.

2nd Season Summary

Captain- Alexandra Viveros

Vice Captain- Miguel Angel Torren

Well man city got relagated from the premier league so the lost some of there players, I bought Joe Hart 975k and Giorgos Samaras 1.3m. I sold Balazs Dzsudzsak for a huge price of 14m to newcastle so it was really good cause i now had money to spend on better players and get good coaches in.I knocked back bids from all the big teams for gioda and aaritalo.

Transfers In- Mohammed Abou Trika,Miguel Angel Torren,Lulinha,Bruno Mezenga,Havard Nordtveit,Luca Santonoito,Mamadou Sakho,Joe Hart,Giorgos Samaras,Kaz Patafta,Anthony Le Tallec.

Transfers Out- Moshoeu Shoes,Patrick Berger,Tore Andre Flo,Fillipe Da Costa,Paul Huntington,Steve Marlet,Leon Constantine,Dwight Yorke,Aleksandrs Kolin'ko,Bill Tchato,Raymond Kalla,Balazs Dzsudzsak.

League- I havent lost yet this season, played 10 games and yet to lose.

League Cup- I just beat Bolton in the 3rd round 0-0 went to penalties and i was 4-2.

My fans didnt like when i signed Bruno Mezenga but now they love him he has 12apps for 10 goals.

ill give you another update at the end of the season.

yer my keeper was Aleksandrs Kolin'ko, he was ok but he ****ed me off because keept saying he wasnt cofedient that we could win every match. he was solid but, my defence was rock solid you should sign gioda and kalla as ur centre backs cause they were a big part of my success. my tacticts where 4 1 2 2 1

my best 11 first season-

GK-Kolin'ko

LB-Viveros©

RB-Tchato/Gosling

CB-Kalla

CB-Gioda

DM-Ze Elias

RM-Marlet/Gosling

LM-Aaritalo

AM-Gonzalez

AM-Piatti

ST-Yorke

Premiership 2014/15

Just finished my best season yet.

In the league i finished 3rd and got CHL next season.

In the UEFA Cup my fierce rival, Man U beat me in the final icon_frown.gif

Don't have screenies since I'm on my new laptop icon_cool.gif

I've already bought Micah Richards (!) and Gabriel Obertan for next season, I'm close to the team I want now.

Team for new season:

GK: Robert Green (Bit old, but still good)

DR: Nedum Onouha

DL: Matías Cahais/Lescott

DC: Micah Richards

DC: Breno

MR: Gabriel Obertan/Thiago

ML: Diego Capel

MC: Sunny

MC: Tom Huddlestone/Jonny Howson

FC: Daniel Sturridge

FC: Theo Walcott

Im Leeds in my 4th season and iv just survived a season in the premiership. My squad is http://i17.tinypic.com/6ldz81h.jpg and i have 18million to spend. My tactics are http://i10.tinypic.com/73ocnlf.jpg The problem i have is that a lot of people dont want to join even though i can afford to pay their wages. So can any1 recommend the positions i need to strengthen in and also people who mite fit the bill. Thanks

Originally posted by achilles elbow:

Does the patch resolve the -15 point board problem?

I've read the patch notes and can't find any comment. I haven't played FM for 3 weeks now as I got sacked, but I made an earlier saved game (that I will return to) as I knew of the problem.

Any idea?

its part of them game to have -15 with leeds like irl it wont be taken off as it shouldnt!

quote:

I've read the patch notes and can't find any comment. I haven't played FM for 3 weeks now as I got sacked, but I made an earlier saved game (that I will return to) as I knew of the problem.

Any idea?

its part of them game to have -15 with leeds like irl it wont be taken off as it shouldnt!

I dont think he means that, i managed to win my first 7 or so games and avoided the sack however some people dont do as well and get sacked because they are low in the league and the bored dont seem to take into acount you start at -15 so when he says the leeds board and -15 points issue i think he means the board to take into acount the -15 points and not sack you for having 3 points after 10 games.

Alrite, Got promoted via play-offs, won JPT beating

Yeovil 3-1, Danny Haynes(loan) scorin a hat-trick.He also ended up with 24 goals in season. My highest Goal Scorer.

Doudin ha problems settling, so had to give him a month break. He almost didn't play all season. Played 10 matches, scored 10.

Da costa was the Hero, 11 goal an 15 assists in the season.

Aaritalo got 13 assists and 8 goals. Every club I've ever heard of, was interested in signing him. Ken bates accepted every sorta Bid. Thankfully, Aaritalo rejected Chelshit, Liverfools and Galacticos(all of who bid a meagre 2.5M) and joined recently relegated Birmingham, who bid 8.25M.

These are my signings so far..

Leeds S2

Desperately need a CB, None of the good ones wants to come on loan. Jack Hobbs,David Wheater Edgar all rejected. icon14.gif

Originally posted by sexandviolence:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> quote:

Any idea?

I dont think he means that, i managed to win my first 7 or so games and avoided the sack however some people dont do as well and get sacked because they are low in the league and the bored dont seem to take into acount you start at -15 so when he says the leeds board and -15 points issue i think he means the board to take into acount the -15 points and not sack you for having 3 points after 10 games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, thanks.

I'm sure SI said it was a known problem, but has the patch resolved it???

Originally posted by Chewy2006:

Hi Lads,

i'm starting off with Leeds also and wondered if anyone could send me a link to the new patch's website and also micky where did u sign aaritalo from and how much did he cost you?

Signed him from this funny name club - 'Turun Palloseura'. Costed me 300K + 150K over 12 months!

the chairmain just sold mika aartillo to juventus for 14m. i have signed alex for 2m from vasco, daniel sturridge for 650k from man city.

I beat chelsea 1-0 in the league cup semi final 1st leg with no lulinha,bruno mezenga,giorgos samaras,dan gosling and pablo piatti got injured 38mins in. the young bulgarian Branimir Kostadinov come on for piatti and scored 3mins into his debut . he was on great form n my reserves and i didnt have a reserve striker so i put him on my bench.

Just in 2011 now and was forced in to selling Breno for £21m (£14m profit icon_biggrin.gif). After just surviving a few years back last season I finished 11th and want to gatecrash Europe now. I could do with a good RB (Using Osei Sankofa at the minute) Any suggestions icon_smile.gif

Always wanted to play Leeds to bring it back to its old days...

Players In

Zappia, Valerio AML,ST Free

Marlet, Steve AMR,FC Free

Iuliano, Mark DC Free

Mihelic, Rene AMLC £250K

Doudin, Charles-André ST £14K

Golbourne, Scott D/WB/AML Loan

Ääritalo, Mika AMRL,ST £300K

Invincibile, Danny AMRC £220K

Dalla Valle, Lauri AM/FC Free

Smith, Dan D/ML £230K

Hobbs, Jack DC Loan

Barazite, Nacer AMC Loan

McGowan, Ryan DC,DM £120K

Piatti, Pablo AMC £110K

Anita, Vurnon DM Loan

Parkes, Jordan DRL £35K

Jourdren, Geoffrey GK £22K

Total £1.3M

Players Out

Westlake, Ian £120K

Hughes, Andy Free

Prutton, David £50K

Douglas, Jonathan £250K

Heath, Matt £20K

Constantine, Leon Free

Total £450K

1st Team Line-up / Backup

GK Casper Ankergren / Geoffrey Jourdren

DR Jordan Parkes / Frazor Richardson

DL Dan Smith / Ben Parker or Scott Golbourne

DC Mark Iuliano / Rui Marques

DC Paul Huntington / Jack Hobbs

DMC Ryan McGowan / Vurnon Anita

MR Danny Invincibile / Mika Ääritalo

ML Filipe Da Costa / Alan Thompson

AMC Rene Mihelic / Nacer Barazite

AMC Pablo Piatti / Steve Marlet

ST Charles-André Doudin / Jermaine Beckford or

Kandol or Flo

Lauri Dalla Valle used for future.

Tactics

MaXiMuM GoAlS||V.1.00|| ||FM08|| ||JE||

A very good tactic which help me win Millwall 5-0 and Tranmere 7-1

My 1st Team

Leeds Players

Match Fixture

Leeds Fixture

League Table

League table

Rene Mihelic and Pablo Piatti MUST BUY!

marchena, how did you need 9 seasons, 3 is all you need.

summary of my 1st season at leeds:

league 1-winners, promotion, won all the games

Carling cup-lost in 4th round to chelsea

FA cup-lost in final to spurs 2-1 in the 117th minute

JPT-beat crewe in the final 4-0 overall and won it

2nd season:

just started the friendlies and brought in fyssas, stephen carr, anthony le tallec, issiah eliakwu, karanka, allan(gremio), aquinto, maisello, hamalinen(not sure on spelling), loads of youngsters, geovanni (from city, needs wp so goin to cash in), prent, and a few others.

sold: minambres,tchato,huntington,prso,marlet,morris,

heath,christie.

Archived